Parking Light Circuit Short - Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Parking Light Circuit Short - Need help!

hey everyone so i have a really annoying problem. my 2005 tsx has a short somewhere in the parking light circuit which goes from front side parking lights all the way to the tails and control the stereo back light buttons inside. thus, i have no tail lights and that makes night driving dangerous and im pretty sure against the law!

-i have already checked all bulb sockets byremoving them and seeing if the circuit still shorts and yes, it does so it has to be somewhere along the wire path

-i have installed the DIY footwell LEDs which tap into the same power source that the short circuit is connected to. i have gone through all the wiring and see no evidence of the problem here. i even rewired everything and still have a short somewhere.

i am asking if anyone in the boston metro/MA area is good at this type of electrical stuff. im not the best at it and could really use the help. i refuse to go to the dealer because this is something that should be simple as its a short somewhere only in this circuit (everything else works fine) and i know they will rape me on labor charges that they will claim took them forever to find the exact problem. i am out of warranty by a few months .

any help/info/insight would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-26-2009, 03:01 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fixed.