o5 tsx keeps pulling the left...

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 07:52 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
o5 tsx keeps pulling the left...

back in august i bought an '05 and love it, but it has always pulled to the left sometimes drastically. i've taken it in 4 times to get it corrected. The dealer i bought it from and even the local acura dealer have replaces uppper contol arms lower control arms, they've aligned it front and back but it still does it. does anyone have a idea why or how it can be fixed?
Old 02-07-2007, 07:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
It's pretty normal. Do a search for the topic (search button is up top) and you'll find lots of info.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:53 AM
4th Gear

oh great

so this is something typical w/ tsx's?
Old 02-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yep... fairly typical... haven't had it too bad with mine, but like Luv said do a search and all will be answered for you
Old 02-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3800
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22865&highlight=drift

Did you check the tire pressure?
Old 02-13-2007, 09:16 AM
4th Gear

i don't understand...

if this is typical problem, like it seems to be, why hasn't acura adressed it?

if it is a problem, there has to be a way to fix it. mine is so bad i can't even take my hands off the wheel to scrath my nose w/out it wanting to drive off the road. on the way to work today i was in right lane and in heavy traffic. i took my hands off the wheel and right away started turning to left, i wasn't even going 20 mph.

it can't be the tires the front ones were replaced mid way through this process w/ non michelin tires.

it seems there is something wrong w/ the rack and pinion, but i'm not a mechanic and nobody else seems to agree.

i'm thinking about video taping from the back seat of my car to have evidence of what its doing. then test driving another tsx from the acura dealer and videoing it also to have something to compare it to.

plus, if it so typical why didn't consumer reports say anything, they love the tsx.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:32 AM
Where did my garage go?

mine has a little torque steer under hard acceleration, but it's nothing compared to my old Honda Accord, so maybe it's just something I've grown accustomed to. I'd say the pull is minimal on my tsx.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by storm05
if this is typical problem, like it seems to be, why hasn't acura adressed it?

if it is a problem, there has to be a way to fix it. mine is so bad i can't even take my hands off the wheel to scrath my nose w/out it wanting to drive off the road. on the way to work today i was in right lane and in heavy traffic. i took my hands off the wheel and right away started turning to left, i wasn't even going 20 mph.

it can't be the tires the front ones were replaced mid way through this process w/ non michelin tires.

it seems there is something wrong w/ the rack and pinion, but i'm not a mechanic and nobody else seems to agree.

i'm thinking about video taping from the back seat of my car to have evidence of what its doing. then test driving another tsx from the acura dealer and videoing it also to have something to compare it to.

plus, if it so typical why didn't consumer reports say anything, they love the tsx.
What you describe is certainly NOT typical. It is typical for the TSX to drift a bit due to crowned roads. I think its due to the somewhat wider tires and the steering/suspension geometry. But, its not typical for it to pull as much as you describe at speeds as low as 20mph.

Have you tried another dealership? Maybe the techs at your current dealership just aren't as competent. There HAS to be something Acura can do. Its a safety issue and could fall under the lemon law IMHO so if they can't fix it then they need to replace it. On the positive side, since Acura has already replaced a bunch of stuff, they acknowledge that its a problem and they are taking steps to address it. I say keep trying and check into the lemon law.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:06 PM
Intermediate

I just took my '05 TSX into dealer for headlight moisture fix and mentioned that the car drifts to left. They quickly found that one of the tires was defective (not sure what type of defect) and this was causing the drifting. I think they were able to get it to drift even with that bad tire at back (they rotated them around to find problem). Since it is still under warranty, they replaced the tire for free. No more drift! Drives straight as an arrow.

One additional note: I requested them to do an alignment just in case and upon getting the car up, they found out I had missed a service bulletin which replaced the top rear control arms (they apparently are about 1/2" too short, bad design or not manufactured properly). Subsequently, this is also under warranty and as part of this fix, they do an alignment, so I got this for free as well.

Good luck!
Old 05-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Instructor

wow u guys have that problem.....i have had my car since july last year and now has 23000 miles on it and i have never had that problem and my car is lowered. this is something typical?
Old 05-03-2007, 08:43 PM
Intermediate

I have the same problem also in my 05 tsx.

it does not matter what i do it still pulls. 2 alingmnets, and rotated and properly filled tires.

What gives