Navigation System Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Navigation System Help

My TSX has (or i should say had) navi version 4.55. I put a newer disk 4.81 (pirated). It installed newer software on my system and then gave error "This is not a correct disk. see the dealer" . Then i put my older disk back. This time i am screwed and I get error as "The software is newer than the one on dvd. Please check the version of the disk". Now i am like why on earth i had to do some fucking thing like this.
On top of that.. the dealer says they would charge me $80 to fix this.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry I cant help, but just wanted to know if you used the same color CD that was already in the TSX originally?

It is my understanding that if you have a white DVD then you would and could only upgrade using another white DVD?
Old 09-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Cruisin'

Yes I have a white DVD and the newer one is also white. I think I need to spend $185 and buy a new one.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by aditya2608
Yes I have a white DVD and the newer one is also white. I think I need to spend $185 and buy a new one.
Oh dear, so I guess you did do your due diligence. In a way I was hoping that you perhaps used a wrong CD. Was it an ebay purchase? If so , what did the seller say?

I wouldnt mind upgrading mine, but too scared now. Nice ride btw, same colour as mine.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Cruisin'

That disk belonged to my buddy and he bought it from a dealer.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:46 AM
Cruisin'

Guys found the solution -

How to reset or revert Acura and Honda navigation system
By mrkc,
User-Submitted Article
When the navigation system on a 2005+ Honda or Acura needs to be reset or reverted to an older version this simple procedure can be used.

Difficulty: Easy
Instructions

Things You'll Need:
Original older DVD to revert to
When trying a new navigation DVD on the Honda or Acura navigation system proves not to work properly or not as expected, you can revert to an older version. This assumes you have the original functional DVD in hand. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Insert the older/original DVD into the navigation dvd player. You will get a message that the DVD is older version than expected if you upgraded the system with a newer version DVD (but now want to go back to the older/original version).
Press and hold 'Map/Guide + Menu + Cancel' for about 5s. This will bring up the diagnostic mode.
Select Version, then Download. This will force the system to load the software on the older DVD. Give it a few minutes to revert the system to the older code. After this step it should be back to normal as before the update.

Cycle the power once the revert update is done. Everything should back to normal.

If the system is stuck in some mode where it shows some Inline Diagnostic and is constantly Testing....try hitting the Voice Command, button and say a couple of words, then the Back button. In this mode it is trying to test the mic. You should see the Mic Level change in the diagnostic when you say a test word or 2. This should take it out of the continual Testing... loop and allow you to get back to the normal Diagnostic menu.
Do not attempt this if you have any doubts about this or if you don't want to accept the slight chance that you could lock up your system. Assuming of course you are already SOL by performing some upgrade you were not sure of, this should revert you to the older software.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:31 AM
5th Gear

I'm glad to hear that you got the older version loaded. I also tried loading a back-up copy before unsuccessfully, but when I tried my older disk, I got a "check disk" error instead. It basically messed up the drive laser and I had to send the dvd drive back to Alpine for repair. Cost me $158 that I could have spent on a new official disk.
Anyways, the dealer wanted to charge you $80?!! They fully knew that they just had to reset it.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by aditya2608
Guys found the solution -

How to reset or revert Acura and Honda navigation system
By mrkc,
User-Submitted Article
When the navigation system on a 2005+ Honda or Acura needs to be reset or reverted to an older version this simple procedure can be used.

Difficulty: Easy
Instructions

Things You'll Need:
Original older DVD to revert to
When trying a new navigation DVD on the Honda or Acura navigation system proves not to work properly or not as expected, you can revert to an older version. This assumes you have the original functional DVD in hand. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Insert the older/original DVD into the navigation dvd player. You will get a message that the DVD is older version than expected if you upgraded the system with a newer version DVD (but now want to go back to the older/original version).
Press and hold 'Map/Guide + Menu + Cancel' for about 5s. This will bring up the diagnostic mode.
Select Version, then Download. This will force the system to load the software on the older DVD. Give it a few minutes to revert the system to the older code. After this step it should be back to normal as before the update.

Cycle the power once the revert update is done. Everything should back to normal.

If the system is stuck in some mode where it shows some Inline Diagnostic and is constantly Testing....try hitting the Voice Command, button and say a couple of words, then the Back button. In this mode it is trying to test the mic. You should see the Mic Level change in the diagnostic when you say a test word or 2. This should take it out of the continual Testing... loop and allow you to get back to the normal Diagnostic menu.
Do not attempt this if you have any doubts about this or if you don't want to accept the slight chance that you could lock up your system. Assuming of course you are already SOL by performing some upgrade you were not sure of, this should revert you to the older software.
Awesome! Thanks man!!!!!!