Loading navigation software on every start

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 04:18 PM
jzn
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loading navigation software on every start

Lately everytime i start my 04 6mt tsx the navigation system loads software, prompts for code, and takes forever to get a sattelite fix.
I have tentativly ruled out bad battery due to the fact the radio does not ask for code and when going from off to acc the software will also load there.
Forum search indicated that a number of people have seen this once with no determination of why.
Does anyone have any suggestions or knowledge of the where the actual navigation system is? I am really hoping there is a dead backup coin battery someplace.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:51 PM
acura master tech

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
the navi unit has a internal fault. it needs replaced.if it is sill under warranty its all good
Old 09-07-2008, 07:03 PM
jzn
9th Gear

That is not excatly what I had hoped to hear for I have been out of warranty for awhile now. Wonder how much these run
Old 08-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jzn
That is not excatly what I had hoped to hear for I have been out of warranty for awhile now. Wonder how much these run
I'm having the same issue.... what was your resolution? I've seen on this board people sending their nav unit to Alpine to get refurbed instead of buying a new one. What did you end up doing??
Old 08-23-2010, 08:43 AM
jzn
9th Gear

I ended up sending it back to Alpine (twice) to get it repaired. The first time it came back with the wrong board or code and was missing half of the functionality, but since then it has been working great. I couldn't find a used one for less than the Alpine price and the new ones are downright unreasonable.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:44 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jzn
I ended up sending it back to Alpine (twice) to get it repaired. The first time it came back with the wrong board or code and was missing half of the functionality, but since then it has been working great. I couldn't find a used one for less than the Alpine price and the new ones are downright unreasonable.
Thank you so much! I guess I'm gonna end up doing the same....
Old 08-23-2010, 08:55 AM
jzn
9th Gear

The first time it was sent in it took forever to get it back, at least double what they quoted on the phone. The second time was much shorter so you might need to be prepared for that. Not that you have any real choice the system is almost unusable when it has to boot from disc every time.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:58 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jzn
The first time it was sent in it took forever to get it back, at least double what they quoted on the phone. The second time was much shorter so you might need to be prepared for that. Not that you have any real choice the system is almost unusable when it has to boot from disc every time.
Yeah ... i'm planning on sending it in while I'm out of town to minimize the amount of time I'm w/o the functionality of the system. I think its ridiculous how you can't use the A/C controls, trip computer, etc if the nav system is not working.

To be honest, I hardly ever use the nav system anymore anyway. I just want to be able to still use my trip computer and all that other stuff.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:06 PM
Instructor

I'm having the same problem with my 2005 TSX! I'm glad I checked this forum to see that others are having the same, but unfortunate, problem. Everything was fine one day and then the next day I turned the car on and I started getting the "Loading software..." messages...so annoying! And like VT-TSX, I just want to use my trip computer and control A/C, program radio stations, etc.

I bought my car in California but now live in Canada, hopefully I can ship to Alpine in Canada or else I may have issues with sending to the US? Any other Canadian TSX owners having the same problem???
Old 10-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Intermediate

OK, I just got my DVD-Drive back from Alpine. I just re-installed it and it seems to be working fine. After $158 and about 6 weeks of waiting everything is back to normal. I'm glad I searched these forums for a solution because the $158 i spent to fix the drive is sure as heck a lot cheaper than the $2k it cost to replace it entirely.