HELP!!! Front End Troubles

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008 | 12:33 PM
6th Gear

HELP!!! Front End Troubles

Hello All,

I am very new to this forum. I own a '04 TSX Man Trans. It currently has 85K miles. I noticed a month ago it had started to get a front end shake so I took it to my local shop expecting to find an out of balance tire or alignment problem. They said that it needed new half shafts. Taking their advice I told them to go ahead and do them. Since the car is a relatively new model they didn't have any on the shlef. They had to rebuild my shafts. After a couple of days they installed the newly rebuilt shafts. Good news is I got new half shafts. Bad news is that the problem is still there.

I feel it when I accelerate through 2nd and 3rd gear mostly. Once I get up to 70 - 80 mph it goes away completely. However, if I were at 40 or 50 and were to let off of the gas to allow the car to cruise and then step on the gas to accelerate again it comes back. It is so bad at that point that the front end feels like it is going to blow apart.

The shop also turned my rotors to try and eliminate that possibliliy. To their credit they didn't charge me for any of the work since it wasn't repaired. However, they seem to be grasping at straws now.

If anyone has any thoughts on possible problems or how to isolate the problem so I can properly test it I would really appreciate the help.

I live in Long Beach, CA and I know that there are several members here who are close. If any one of you has any ideas I can meet up with you so you can check it out. Maybe a third party would be able to figure it out.

Thanks for your time,
Chris