Help! Body Shop near Hermosa or Manhattan Beach, CA SoCal - Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 01:20 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! Body Shop near Hermosa or Manhattan Beach, CA SoCal - Help

I share a two car, two door garage with my neighbor and as I was pulling in they shut their side without looking (they live above the garage) using the remote and dented the top side of my car just behind the drivers side passenger window. It's a pretty bad crease/dent. I was pulling in at an angle, thus the left rear was under their corner of their door. My neighbors said they would pay for it, but I just moved to SoCal and have no idea where to take my baby to get fixed. I have a 2005 CGP w/nav and she just turned 10,000 two days ago . Thanks.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:38 AM
Banned

sorry to hear that !
I'd call local Acura/Honda dealer for their recommended shops
Old 02-24-2006, 06:39 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kkirk2
I just moved to SoCal and have no idea where to take my baby to get fixed.
I'm jealous! You live where I want to live! I grew up in MB. Sorry, but I'm no help in recommending a good shop. You'll probably end up finding a shop in Redondo or Torrance. You can always have your friend call their insurance company to get a recommendation. They don't have to report anything about the actual accident. Or you can go to AAA and they can give you a recommendation. Otherwise, just start asking around.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:56 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I thought all garage door openers nowdays had sensors that would not let the door operate if your car was in the way.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:02 AM
Canuck

Originally Posted by jlukja
I thought all garage door openers nowdays had sensors that would not let the door operate if your car was in the way.
They do...you can however adjust how strong or light the sensitivity is.

This garage door was probably adjusted all the way to strong sensativity so that it takes more pressure to make door go back up when it hits something.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:11 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Call Acura of Southbay and ask them for the name of the shop they use to do all their body work. I can't remember it right now, but I know they do excellent work. They did an absolutely fantastic job on my mom's TL after my brother did $13k of damage to it by running a curbm barely missing a light pole, and crashing into a chain link fence.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:18 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by narci
They do...you can however adjust how strong or light the sensitivity is.

This garage door was probably adjusted all the way to strong sensativity so that it takes more pressure to make door go back up when it hits something.
What you describe is the auto reverse function. What I meant was the beam sensors at the base of the garage door opening. When I had my garage door opener installed (10-11 years ago) the installer said that California law required these sensors. Its like an infa-red beam about a 1' to 1-1/2' off the ground. If there is anything blocking the path of the beam the garage door opener will not operate whether the button is pushed or not.

But, that's water under the bridge. If they are willing to pay for the damage then I'd get an estimate or two from your local dealers.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Canuck

Originally Posted by jlukja
What you describe is the auto reverse function. What I meant was the beam sensors at the base of the garage door opening. When I had my garage door opener installed (10-11 years ago) the installer said that California law required these sensors. Its like an infa-red beam about a 1' to 1-1/2' off the ground. If there is anything blocking the path of the beam the garage door opener will not operate whether the button is pushed or not.

But, that's water under the bridge. If they are willing to pay for the damage then I'd get an estimate or two from your local dealers.
Hehehe..we helped a buddy put in 2 garage doors last summer. He didn't want the Infrared Beams so we taped them up facing each other hehehehe.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:10 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by kkirk2
I share a two car, two door garage with my neighbor and as I was pulling in they shut their side without looking (they live above the garage) using the remote and dented the top side of my car just behind the drivers side passenger window. It's a pretty bad crease/dent. I was pulling in at an angle, thus the left rear was under their corner of their door. My neighbors said they would pay for it, but I just moved to SoCal and have no idea where to take my baby to get fixed. I have a 2005 CGP w/nav and she just turned 10,000 two days ago . Thanks.
thanks everyone for the help. I called a couple of Acura dealers in the area (Power and Santa Monica). Got an estimate at Bravo in Torrance for 1,500 and waitng on the estimate from Brown's in Santa Monica.