Handsfreelink /w Verizon Motorola Q

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 10:51 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Handsfreelink /w Verizon Motorola Q

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum as I recently purchased an 06 TSX last week. Love the car, can't say enough good things about it. Well, like any forum newbie, I have a question, and I did do some semi extensive searching before asking.

Here goes; when I took the car for a test drive they paired my phone with it and everything worked great. I purchased the car and began to play around with HFL, understand how it worked, the ins and outs etc. Yesterday, out of the blue something strange started occurring. When I place a call using the thumb paddles everything works fine, I say a number, I tell it to dial, the phone begins to dial and then immediately HFL just shuts down and goes back to a blank screen. Meanwhile the phone continues to dial but all audio is directed only to the phone.

This is really annoying! I've tried breaking the pair by deleting HFl from my phone, no luck. I've tried deleting the phone from the HFL system and repairing, no luck. The only other option I've come across is unplugging the battery in the car and letting the whole system reset. Short of doing this (and calling the dealership on Monday) what else can I do here?

Thanks much for the replies!
Old 03-25-2007, 03:19 PM
Advanced

Well when I first started to read your post, I thought that maybe your phone is not compatiable with the HFL. But I checked Acura's site which is handsfreelink.com, and it shows the Q as compatiable with basic functions. I have had the same thing happen to me a couple times with my Treo 700P, what I did was when I could hear it go to the phones internal speaker, I would press the talk button on the steering wheel and say "Transfer", that usually works and sends the call back to the handsfree link and the audio should come through your audio system. If that does not work, I would suggest an appointment with your service department, and have them run a diagnostic on the system. By the way the HandsFree Link was developed by Johnson Controls for Acura, hope you have success, and welcome to the wonderful world of Acura.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yup, same problem for me on my 700p. it seems to me that the PDA phones have some incompatibility issues with them. Try deleting all the phones on ur hands free and then repairing the phone, after i did that it has been working for a while now w/o trouble.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:00 PM
10th Gear

So this afternoon I did some digging, borrowed a friend's phone and paired his with my TSX, to my surprise it worked. So the problem wasn't with the HFL but with my Q, bleh.

I factory hard reset the Q, restoring all settings and deleting all files and then repaired the phone and HFL, it worked! So I thought I was out of the woods, I load up all my software on the Q and an hour later try it again to make sure it's still working, and voila, it's not!

Did some searching and I came across someone suggesting that you can't have push email enabled on the phone and have an HFL pair at the same time. This seems pretty strange, but I'm at a loss to explain how I went from working fine with factory settings to not working with my work (push email) enabled on my Q.

I don't know what else to try, other than to update to MOL2 on my Q, which I'd rather not, but at this point this is less of an Acura question and more of a Motorola question.

Thanks for the replies!
Old 03-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Do you know what version of Bluetooth the Q is running? Check after the hard reset and later when it fails.

I ran across a BT backwards compatibility issue with the Acura HFL and the phone's Bluetooth version (v1.1 vs. 1.2), as have others -- it may be what you are experiencing.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34579