Customer Relation Acura HQ

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 06:33 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Customer Relation Acura HQ

1-800-382-2238 U.S.
1-888-922-8729 Canada

If a Acura dealership cannot fix your TSX, let's give them a call.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Advanced

I have a 5AT TSX.

With stereo off. When I rev up to 5000 rpm and let go the gas pedal, the TSX makes a rubbing noise from 4500rpm to 3500 rpm. It happens on almost every gears. The dealership service department tried everything they can, like replacing new wheel & tires, machine rotors, replace wheel bearings, replace driveshaft...etc. They just couldn't fix it.

I choose to buy an Acura because it's a well known trouble free product.
However, this brand new TSX actually bugs me with the biggest headache ever!
I should have buy something else like Infiniti or Lexus.

If the customer relations department people cannot make me happy again, my family won't buy any Acura/Honda products anymore.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:37 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2.4TSX-R
1-800-382-2238 U.S.
1-888-922-8729 Canada

Thank you for the information.

Rep for you and I'll make it a sticky.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:20 AM
Instructor

Those customer relations people are rude and obnoxious. I called them about a poor service at my dealer the person at the other end was obnoxious, argumentative and kept saying that is not Acur'as problem. The person said perhaps you should consider other than Acura cars have a good day and hung up.

I am writing a letter to Honda on my company letterhead. I have the person's name and time of call. If anyone reporting to me behaved like that he or she will be out the door by the end of the day. I work for a Japanese Company - we do not take kindly to bad behaviour.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:47 AM
Intermediate

I had similar experience w/ Honda..
I’ve sent many complaints to Honda but no response.

Keep us updated w/ ur story..

Old 12-03-2004, 12:04 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sauceman
Thank you for the information.

Rep for you and I'll make it a sticky.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:22 PM
Advanced

Acura Customers Relation Department

They suppose to treat us with good customer service.
If not, let write to their boss.

(U.S.) 1919 Torrance Blvd., Torrance, C.A. 90501-2746
(Canada) 715 Milner Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M1B 2K8
Old 12-03-2004, 01:38 PM
Advanced

Kind of disappointed with Acura.
I called them up to look for assistance because the dealership couldn't fix the rubbing noise underneath the TSX. However, what I got from the representative over the phone, were all useless excuses. Yes, in a degree, they don't provide good customer service over the phone from my real experience. Feel like no respect were given to me, the representative just kept telling me to go back to the dealership until they can fix it. But, how many times I've been going back? I've already been back to the dealership over 3 times for the same problem! And each time they took something apart and replace something. And the noise problem still there.

I didn't expect to buy a lemon!
I'm going to write a complain letter to the Acura Headquarter.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:26 PM
Instructor

Acura Customers Relation Department

They suppose to treat us with good customer service.
If not, let write to their boss.

(U.S.) 1919 Torrance Blvd., Torrance, C.A. 90501-2746
(Canada) 715 Milner Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M1B 2K8
Agreed. But need to find the name of the VP of Customer Relations. Address him/her directly. I am still looking for a name.

When writing make sure you include the name of the person you spoke with and the date and approximate time so they can trace the bad actors. Make sure the letter is factual, to the point, professional and business like.

Also add a sentence like "Future purchase of Honda products by myself my family and those who seek my advice would depend upon your response and how you propose to resolve this issue. I will await your response. "

In the meantime everyone should post their bad/poor experience with Acura Customer Relations here. So we may have a good collection of experiences.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:11 PM
Instructor

My Next Car Is Lexus Line. I M A Honda Fan .. But Quality Is Going Down. And I Fully Understand It Too! Due To Price And More Stuff Added To The Car Year After Year With A Limited Price Increase ..
Old 12-05-2004, 12:19 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by joerockt
Something wrong?
Old 12-05-2004, 10:58 PM
Just dial 1911

Something wrong?
Just wondering why you thought this was such a revelation. Acura Customer Relation is a pretty simple number to find.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:32 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Sure is. Just not for everyone, based on the amount of we have to post.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:16 AM
Just dial 1911

ya got a point there...

Oh oh, I think im getting....JADED....

Old 12-25-2004, 11:10 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by owkone
Agreed. But need to find the name of the VP of Customer Relations. Address him/her directly. I am still looking for a name.

When writing make sure you include the name of the person you spoke with and the date and approximate time so they can trace the bad actors. Make sure the letter is factual, to the point, professional and business like.

Also add a sentence like "Future purchase of Honda products by myself my family and those who seek my advice would depend upon your response and how you propose to resolve this issue. I will await your response. "

In the meantime everyone should post their bad/poor experience with Acura Customer Relations here. So we may have a good collection of experiences.

I received an Email about service quality survey at my dealership. it was signed by

Richard Colliver
Executive Vice President
Automobile Sales

If you are writing address it to him. Remember the best way to get your point across is to be professional, deliberate, firm but polite - the letter should not sound hysterical. Always ask for a response.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:28 PM
Instructor

I had recently made a complaint to the Canada Acura Customer Relation about my 7 trips within 3 months for my TSX. They simply brushed me off back to the dealership and their call to the service manager at the dealership is useless. I finally had to call the GM of that dealership and finally got some sort of service from the service manager... for a couple of days... I went to Chicago for 3 days after the Friday I just talked to her and never heard back from her again. I called her again... she called back according to my vmail... They do have problem keeping up with issues.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:55 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
1-800-382-2238 U.S.
1-888-922-8729 Canada

I tried that. Been to the dealer at least 3 times, and basically they told me my vibration in the steering wheel at highway speeds is normal.

So i called the Customer relations dept. The CS person that answered the phone said that he will put in the request for an investigation, this will take approx 48 hours and they will call me. I got a call back 48 hours later and the guy said "i talked with the service manager and he says that it's normal, sorry! But unless they tell me otherwise, i can't make a repair".

WTF???? It took them 48 hours to come up with that???
Then i went to another dealership and they sent me to the same place that the original dealership sent me to for vibration issues. So i went back they redid the highspeed balance, and iv'e still got the same problem.

Tonight i'm gathering my papers and submitting them to the lemon law attorney. I have given Acura every chance possible. They dont seem to care nor want to help me. Sorry... too late now... if it comes down to the attorney getting me a new car under lemon law, i wont let them try to fix it anymore. I'm actually thinking about getting my money back and switching brands. It's a shame because i really love this car and everything about it. It's got everything i want on it and i love it! But i can't live with the highway vibrations because i'm 90% highway miles.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:24 PM
Cruisin'

[QUOTE=2.4TSX-R]1-800-382-2238 U.S.
1-888-922-8729 Canada

If a Acura dealership cannot fix your TSX, let's give them a call.[/QUOT

My TSX also has a lot of problem, Why not all of TSX owners come together. We go to media., post our cars on the Newspaper, TV , also tell other people don.t buy Acura products. Acura cars have quality problems.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:28 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by ericjunyao
My TSX also has a lot of problem, Why not all of TSX owners come together. We go to media., post our cars on the Newspaper, TV , also tell other people don.t buy Acura products. Acura cars have quality problems.
Oh wait... Let me just laugh at your ridiculousness.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:54 PM
Cruisin'

Oh wait... Let me just laugh at your ridiculousness.

If you like laugh me. Go aheah. 傻B
Old 08-23-2005, 10:00 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by ericjunyao
If you like laugh me. Go aheah. 傻B
Why "Silly B"? What are you afraid of that you shouldn't say it in English?
Old 08-23-2005, 10:07 PM
Cruisin'

Why "Silly B"? What are you afraid of that you shouldn't say it in English?
OK Thank you for your reminding I will use it next time.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:22 PM
Cruisin'

Yeah I am a little disappointed in my TSX also. After having Ford's, dodge's and chevies for numerous years without any problems I decide to move up to what is suppose to be a better qulaity car and what happens at 2500 km. The engine malfunction comes on, no big deal figured maybe gas cap but took it to dealer, long story short they clear warning same day it comes back, now I have to take my car in again (for the third time)but this time they are keeping it until it is fixed and I get a loaner car. I guess the error has something to do with fuel purge system , last time they replaced fuel cap but when they retested the system it failed. Hopefully it will get fixed soon,seems like I spend more time at the dealership than some of the salesmen.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:06 PM
Racer

Horrendous customer service!!! If you call their 1800 number they say all of the dealerships are independent and they can't do anything.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:17 PM
Master in Science

Originally Posted by floridaowner
Horrendous customer service!!! If you call their 1800 number they say all of the dealerships are independent and they can't do anything.
That's what VW told me when I had problems with my Jetta. Acura has been fairly good to me so far. Although one has to find a good dealership to take their car to.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Canuck

Yeah. Phone customer service support sucks. I have been on hold for hour and hours with some people (Not acura because I have yet to have a complaint) but I will be prepared.

I'm going to invest in one of these soon to record all my calls so i have proof of what CSR's say.

http://www.tbotech.com/phonerecorders.htm

Plugs right into your cellphone.

Now the legal question is do you have to inform the CSR your recording the call?
Old 03-10-2006, 11:39 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by narci
Yeah. Phone customer service support sucks. I have been on hold for hour and hours with some people (Not acura because I have yet to have a complaint) but I will be prepared.

I'm going to invest in one of these soon to record all my calls so i have proof of what CSR's say.

http://www.tbotech.com/phonerecorders.htm

Plugs right into your cellphone.

Now the legal question is do you have to inform the CSR your recording the call?
Well... CS always has to tell you that they are recording your call. So i think it might work the same way around too. Just start the phone call off by saying "this call may be monitored or recorded for quality control purposes". hahaha
Old 05-16-2006, 09:10 AM
jpt
Burning Brakes

In most states you DO have to inform the other party that you are recording the call (even if they have already told you that they are recording it too). As Alin says, just tell the rep they are being recorded right off the bat (I almost always say it when I expect difficulties even though I don't own a recorder -- I find it helps a lot!)
Old 01-17-2007, 03:26 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Alin10123
I tried that. Been to the dealer at least 3 times, and basically they told me my vibration in the steering wheel at highway speeds is normal.

So i called the Customer relations dept. The CS person that answered the phone said that he will put in the request for an investigation, this will take approx 48 hours and they will call me. I got a call back 48 hours later and the guy said "i talked with the service manager and he says that it's normal, sorry! But unless they tell me otherwise, i can't make a repair".

WTF???? It took them 48 hours to come up with that???
Then i went to another dealership and they sent me to the same place that the original dealership sent me to for vibration issues. So i went back they redid the highspeed balance, and iv'e still got the same problem.

Tonight i'm gathering my papers and submitting them to the lemon law attorney. I have given Acura every chance possible. They dont seem to care nor want to help me. Sorry... too late now... if it comes down to the attorney getting me a new car under lemon law, i wont let them try to fix it anymore. I'm actually thinking about getting my money back and switching brands. It's a shame because i really love this car and everything about it. It's got everything i want on it and i love it! But i can't live with the highway vibrations because i'm 90% highway miles.
So how far did you get with vibration issue!... Any luck in terms of getting it fixed... I am getting the same response that vibration is normal while car is idling in [D] or driving....
Old 02-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by honest
So how far did you get with vibration issue!... Any luck in terms of getting it fixed... I am getting the same response that vibration is normal while car is idling in [D] or driving....
I got the problem solved but that was on my own. Actually, i think a new set of tires probably would've solved my porblem 100% right off the bat. But the dealership wasn't willing to go that far. The dealership paid to have the car taken to a place of my choice. Of course i took it to the only place that's ever allowed to touch my cars shoes. They are a private shop not a huge chain. But they pay so much attention to your car. There isn't a single air wrench inside the place. Everythings done with torque wrenches and by hand. Plus they have all this nice equipment and i could go on and on. Anyways... after they touched the car the problem was 90% gone the first time. They warranty their work, so since the dealer paid the first time, i went back and the problem was 95% gone. Went back again and problem solved. Smooth as silk. I'm happy now. Although i really wish acura would've at least made an attempt to fix it. Not the dealer, i meant acura corporate.

I think the problem was actually flatspotting in the tires. The car sits on the boat deck for so long, and then it sits at the pier, then tied down really tight on the transport truck, then sits at the dealership. The PSI is usually set really high to compensate, but it's still rubber being compressed. The dealer actualyl did say that this was possible, but they said after a few hundred miles it'd go away. I didn't get this problem fully fixed until around 7500-10k miles. It was driving me nuts!!! I dont remember specifically because it was about a year ago. Close to 2 years ago.

Your vibration is from the engine. Not the tires/wheels. So i dont think it's the same thing. I believe the similar year earlier usdm accords had a tsb for some sort of balancing thingy inside of the engine. Maybe some of those problems carried over. Maybe try a slightly thicker oil?
Old 03-31-2009, 01:02 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Alin10123
I got the problem solved but that was on my own. Actually, i think a new set of tires probably would've solved my porblem 100% right off the bat. But the dealership wasn't willing to go that far. The dealership paid to have the car taken to a place of my choice. Of course i took it to the only place that's ever allowed to touch my cars shoes. They are a private shop not a huge chain. But they pay so much attention to your car. There isn't a single air wrench inside the place. Everythings done with torque wrenches and by hand. Plus they have all this nice equipment and i could go on and on. Anyways... after they touched the car the problem was 90% gone the first time. They warranty their work, so since the dealer paid the first time, i went back and the problem was 95% gone. Went back again and problem solved. Smooth as silk. I'm happy now. Although i really wish acura would've at least made an attempt to fix it. Not the dealer, i meant acura corporate.

I think the problem was actually flatspotting in the tires. The car sits on the boat deck for so long, and then it sits at the pier, then tied down really tight on the transport truck, then sits at the dealership. The PSI is usually set really high to compensate, but it's still rubber being compressed. The dealer actualyl did say that this was possible, but they said after a few hundred miles it'd go away. I didn't get this problem fully fixed until around 7500-10k miles. It was driving me nuts!!! I dont remember specifically because it was about a year ago. Close to 2 years ago.

Your vibration is from the engine. Not the tires/wheels. So i dont think it's the same thing. I believe the similar year earlier usdm accords had a tsb for some sort of balancing thingy inside of the engine. Maybe some of those problems carried over. Maybe try a slightly thicker oil?
Back in February, 2007 you posted a reply that said that you got the vibration problem fixed at a private shop, not the dealer's (but they paid for the first fix). Then in two returns to the shop you got the problem nearly completely fixed. Do you remember what had to be done? I have four cupped tires on my 2004 TSX at 20,000 mi. Still a lot of wear left, but I don't like the noise or the vibration. Do you have any suggestions besides new tires? Thanks!
Old 09-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Intermediate

I have called that number, got a case manager, he closed my case without telling me and is no longer in the department...these are my problems- I'm looking for others who want to make THIS Acura's PROBLEM...email me mystic2101@yahoo.com

ROUGH IDLE- Please Help!
When car is in drive/ gear and I am on the brake, the idle is EXTREMELY ROUGH, the whole front of the car vibrates, and the enguine makes an awful noise like it is about to quit.

I have taken it in to dealers 3 times & this is what they have done:

1) Replaced 2 motor mounts and did a throttle body cleaning

2) Installed new power steering hose

3) Neutralized engine mounts & performed idol learn procedure

After each time the rough idle & vibrations have gotten worse. Please tell me if you have had or have this problem and how you fixed it. I'm at the end of my rope!

If you have called Acura (800.382.2238) about it, or have a case manager please let me know
Old 11-13-2010, 10:25 PM
6th Gear

(U.S.) 1919 Torrance Blvd., Torrance, C.A. 90501-2746 is a good place to look to
Old 12-10-2010, 10:02 AM
8th Gear

I have called that number a few times and have gotten nowhere. It's like they could not care less. My local dealer also treats me like garbage since I bought the car from another dealer as he would not match the price.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:35 AM
8th Gear

Another thing about client services is that they are only open monday through friday.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:31 AM
3rd Gear

Unsatisfactory Service - "ACURA ON BRANT" Burlington, ON

Hello.

I am sorry for the length of this post but it explains all the detail of my situations. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Bought a 05 Acura TSX in January of 2008.
I take my in for service and regular maintenance as per the service manual on time and it is the only place i bring it to.

Here is where the problem starts:

December 9th, 2010 - I took my car in for its regular maintenance and they performed a "Type D Service".

Got my car back and travled approximately 1500km and noticed some rattling sounds, could not find the problem until I got back home from vacation and noticed that my rear driver's side brake calliper has no bolts in it. So literally I could pull off the calliper right off the disc.

The dealer "Acura on Brant" in Burlington, Ontario. Gave me compensation for this mishap and left it at that.

Next problem.

October 31st, 2011 - Took car in for a check engine and VTC light that came on. Car was not shifting at the correct rpm and had no power.

Dealer said they have to order a "VTC Solenoid"
Call back to dealer 3 weeks later and ask where part is, they respond that port was never ordered! Part comes in Dec 7th.

Next MAJOR Problem
On December 10th, 2011. My transmission fails completely and have to have it towed to the dealership (Acura on Brant - Burlington, ON)

Next business day I go speak with service department and explain the situation, they forward maintenance records to Acura Canada because car is under warranty. I do not hear a phone call back until January 12th, 2012. Acura Canada has declined replacement due to not having a transmission flush done.

(I bought my car at 74,000km and is now at 150,000km)

I ask why this is not part of the regular maintenance and was never offered nor told about this service. They respond with (it is in your service manual which you need to follow)

Make a long story short The Dealership Owner (Leggat Auto Group) The District Manager is willing to replace the Transmission plus 50% of the labor.

$4500 New Transmission from Dealer
$1100 Install from Dealer

I feel I should not have to pay the half of the labor because of these issues.

Not to mention the service manager at (Acura on Brant) Andrew C. spoke with me on the phone and made rude comments like: "I wan't your car outta my shop"

I have maintained professionalism and very business like with this entire transaction and should not be receiving this type of service.

PLEASE RESPOND WITH YOUR THOUGHTS
Old 01-23-2013, 10:56 AM
5th Gear

Been There, Done That.
Before I authorized the order for a new Gauge Cluster Module, I spoke to a Honda/Acura mechanic about my problem. He told me in all his 26 years of experience, he had never had to replace the Gauge Module Cluster. After spending almost $1,000 on the part, I wrote to Acura Client Services and got no where. Here I am, 2 1/2 years later and I am having the same issue with the gauges in my car. I really love this car but will think twice before buying another Acura.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:42 AM
7th Gear

Acura is ridiculous! Never again, I have a problem with something frying my main computer, first one covered, second one sorry call Acura USA, call Acura USA, sorry call the dealer. Obviously the problem wasn't fixed the first time!!! Now I'm potentially looking at 3 ECM computers and the car doesn't even have 80k on it yet.