creaking noises

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 05:59 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
creaking noises

My 2004 acura tsx has major creaking noises in the drivers side dash up near the windshield and also some in the passenger area. Anyone else have this problem? I have taken it in on several occasions and they have adjusted things and added packing foam, but nothing works. The noise is only there when it is below 70 degrees and is getting louder as my car gets older. Also, does anyone have difficulty starting there TSX when it hasn't been driven in a few days? Mine takes forever to start and after it's started and i turn it off to run an errand or whatever, it still takes a while....any info/advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:07 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I had this creaking noise. It started about 2 months after I bought it and lasted about 3 weeks and then mysteriously disappeared never to be heard again.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:40 PM
Racer

dont even get me started. I have creaks/squeaks (whatever they are) from what seems to be all of my door seals, the sunroof seal and most recently the windshield area (along the bottom and LOUD). It is positively the rubber seals because you can reproduce some of the nosies by pressing on the closed door and windshield and sunroof. I heard someone on here mention that they have the issue and just lube up their seals. Well that DOES work for the sunroof only but needs reapplying every few weeks. are you kidding? i didnt spend 30 grand for a car so that from 0-10,000 miles it could squeak/creak all the live long day... What i want to know is HOW the morons at acura who conduct these quality and performance tests to decide on new tsb's or recalls, can hear these noises from all the seals and not issue an immediate fix, but find it necessary to prioritize a stupid door buzzing noise which is really only slightly noticeable when your bass and volume are sky high anyway??? I swear that squeaky seals isnt even a problem i would have ever THOUGHT a car could have... Especially one by a maker such as honda/acura. Something NEEDS to get done.

Sorry, had to rant.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:30 AM
04 remembrance

jlukja, they don't magically dissappear, the squeeking noise is completely weather-dependent.
Old 08-29-2004, 12:29 PM
Racer

completely. Do this as a test to see for yourself. Drive around and notice any creaking/squeaking the seals are making. THEN, wash the car or somehow get the seals wet (mimicking humidity), and notice how they all squeak to all high-hell...
Old 08-29-2004, 04:21 PM
Instructor

My seals are nasty loud.

People tell me that all Honda's do it. Dealer told me he has no long term fix. Just lube them all the time.

If that is the case then they need to hire a GM / Ford type, because i have never, in 20 years of driving, heard anything like this.

I lube the crap out of them with rubber seal protectant and it works for about 3-4 weeks and then it comes back.

Not cool Acura......................
Old 08-30-2004, 11:06 AM
Intermediate

For my 04 Accord I use Shin-Etsu Silicone grease that I got from the Honda dealer. Lasts a lot longer than spray on silicone lubricant and works like a charm. IT seems to have impregnated the seals.. I haven't had to do it as often lately. However I still have headliner taps by the sunvisor and dome light. Accords and TSXs are sharing the same quirks.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:21 PM
Racer

I just called up my dealer and asked if the problem had been addressed. I told them I dont want my car being a guinea pig and only wanted to bring it in if they had a known solution for everything. He admited that there IS a service bulletin out for the creaking windshield. He said that some of the moulding on the outside had to be replaced. I have an appointment to drop the car off on the 20th so that they can look at it; also they are going to inspect the seals. I cant imagine that being fixed though. I told them im not really picky; i expect all cars to make some sort of noise (its life, get used to it people), but that the creaking this car is making from the seals is insaine and rediculious. He seemed understanding and willing to help however possible. I'll keep you posted when the time comes.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:47 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by mrcenzo
I just called up my dealer and asked if the problem had been addressed. I told them I dont want my car being a guinea pig and only wanted to bring it in if they had a known solution for everything. He admited that there IS a service bulletin out for the creaking windshield. He said that some of the moulding on the outside had to be replaced. I have an appointment to drop the car off on the 20th so that they can look at it; also they are going to inspect the seals. I cant imagine that being fixed though. I told them im not really picky; i expect all cars to make some sort of noise (its life, get used to it people), but that the creaking this car is making from the seals is insaine and rediculious. He seemed understanding and willing to help however possible. I'll keep you posted when the time comes.
is there a # for this tsb that I missed. My rear creaks now, and my front in cold weather, I'd love to get it fixed right the first time.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:54 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
I had several of these creaking problems but I discovered that for the door windows, the problem was dirt getting trapped between the window and the seal. I wiped down the seal and the window surface and the problem went away. The same goes for the sunroof. If you wipe down the seal and the surface that it seats against, then you'll find that the sound will disappear.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:18 PM
Racer

i see we have copies of three tsb's on this board... does anyone have a copy of this tsb the service man said they have for the windshield cowle/moulding replacement?
Old 08-31-2004, 10:25 PM
A-spec Arctic Blue

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mrcenzo
i see we have copies of three tsb's on this board... does anyone have a copy of this tsb the service man said they have for the windshield cowle/moulding replacement?
If you get the actual number, I can probably get the TSB posted. My contact can only get me the TSB document if I can provide him the actual TSB number. PM me if you get it and I'll post it in the forums.
Old 09-03-2004, 04:43 PM
A-TSX Driver...

Originally Posted by sigmachi96
If you get the actual number, I can probably get the TSB posted. My contact can only get me the TSB document if I can provide him the actual TSB number. PM me if you get it and I'll post it in the forums.
:gheywave:

I got my fingers crossed that this one is the real deal.

:gheywave: