Creaking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005 | 03:17 PM
ArmoTSX

Creaking Noise

After 40K miles, hate the rattles, love the driving experience.

Question: there seems to be a creaking noise coming from inside the cabin, which occurs with initial acceleration from a stand still. Unlike other rattles in this thing, it is not dependent on going over bumps etc.

I tightened a few screws and then untightened them in the center console. No difference. Lubricated sunroof tracks. No difference. I can't isolate it, but seems to be coming from center of the cabin, likely the console or drivers seat - which still slides forward with hard braking.....

Any suggestions. I know this is ambiguous, but it drives me crazy.

Also: has anyone installed Pirelli P Zero Nero's on this thing? I'm hoping a new set of rubber might soften the rattles a bit. Wishful thinking perhaps.

For anyone interested. problems have quieted down for about the past 10-12K.
Thanks.
Old 05-30-2005 | 10:01 PM
Instructor

i have the same problem and i only have 6000 miles on my car. how can i fix it?
Old 05-30-2005 | 10:40 PM
Photography Nerd

Are you sure it's not the A-Pillar rattle/squeak/creak?

Your seat rails should be replaced under warranty. I had mine done 30,000km ago and they've been perfect since.
Old 06-02-2005 | 10:27 PM
Racer

my car makes more noises. i swear i have been in taxi cabs that are smoother and sound better built then this f'ing car. i have noises from the doors, seats, roof, console, dash, vents, back seats, back doors, speaker deck, door seals, windshield. if i even bothered to complain about them all i would use up all the acurazine web space. live with it or do what im going to do, and look into another brand when its time for a new car
Old 06-02-2005 | 11:05 PM
Racer

i have creaking in the cabin...music solves my problems..haha but i wish it wasnt there
Old 06-02-2005 | 11:39 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by MoFocker
my car makes more noises. i swear i have been in taxi cabs that are smoother and sound better built then this f'ing car. i have noises from the doors, seats, roof, console, dash, vents, back seats, back doors, speaker deck, door seals, windshield. if i even bothered to complain about them all i would use up all the acurazine web space. live with it or do what im going to do, and look into another brand when its time for a new car
Um... have you taken it into the dealer? Most of that stuff should be under warranty.
I've got an 05 and no rattles so far.
Old 06-03-2005 | 01:48 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Alin10123
Um... have you taken it into the dealer? Most of that stuff should be under warranty.
I've got an 05 and no rattles so far.
yes i bought it into the dealer for the door seal squeaks which were sprayed with silicone spray (along with my seats). This works, however must be redone every few months to keep squeak free.

Ive had my steering wheel replaced for a rattle in the airbag assembly, but that was only bc it was driving me THROUGH THE ROOF with how annoying of a noise it was.

the sunroof seal squeaks were the same as the door seals.

The windshield noise started early on, but when in for an oil change, they apparently 're adjusted' the cowling on the windshielf and i didnt hear it again for at least 9 months. now its back every now and again. I havent yet bought it in for the a pillar rattle fix since that just came out. ill ask them to do that at my next oil change.

the door rattles... read the posts on this site and tell me the ratio of people who have had worse sounds after getting the tsb... its nothing but a design flaw so i doubt theres anything they plan to do. the rattle noise i have isnt from bass anyway, it comes from the silver trim on the door when driving (even with the radio off).

i had to replace the homelink module bc it just makes noise like tissue paper every day. happy to let everyone know that it is once again making the same noise.

oh and dont get me started on the god forsaken seat belt height adjusters. ill stop complaining right here bc i could go on all night; and i also dont know where/what all the other causes of rattles are everywhere else. all i can say is my dashboard sounds like i have a car with 200k miles on it when i hit a bump. never had any noises (see past posts) but that changed as time passed.

i also dont want to bring it into the dealer for every little noise bc in past experience they either make the problems worse, say they cant 'duplicate' the sounds and waste my time, and/or ruin or scratch something in the process of determining that they 'cant duplicate noise'. pardon me, but fuck whoever did the QC on this car.

but on a positive note it drives great and goes super fast . if i dont get into a car wreck soon from taking turns at 70 mph, itll be a miracle
Old 06-09-2005 | 06:13 PM
ArmoTSX

MoFoker,
I can't help but say something. My sentiments exactly with regard to the QC guy on our cars. You might need to find a service department who takes this seriously. They need to know that they're losing a customer. And by the way. What's the damn world coming to when an Acura is a damn rattle trap ? I've got my eye on the new IS.
Good Luck.
Old 06-09-2005 | 06:41 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by John_RENAMED
MoFoker,
I can't help but say something. My sentiments exactly with regard to the QC guy on our cars. You might need to find a service department who takes this seriously. They need to know that they're losing a customer. And by the way. What's the damn world coming to when an Acura is a damn rattle trap ? I've got my eye on the new IS.
Good Luck.

alliyuah!

dont get me wrong, i love the car but the rattles need to go. mine come and go. the past 2 weeks since i made that post, its been pin needle silent... i dont get it. anyway, i dont feel so bad bc i have a loaner tl today and the metal trim on the dash makes creaking noises like crazy and the car is brand new. im the kind of person where even if something is wrong, im not as upset if its common and everyone has the same issue. seeing the tl with some noise problems makes me feel a little better. im nuts arent i?
Old 06-09-2005 | 07:02 PM
Got Milk???

That creaking problem is caused by bad/hardened window runner on the top of the window. Mention that to the dealers and they will know what you're talking about.

-KC
Old 06-13-2005 | 04:25 PM
Instructor

I hope acura realizes that they are losing a lot of customers. Before I bought this car, I considered myself to be a honda/acura person. But after owning this car, I can say that I will never buy another Acura, simply because their service department sucks. I have so many problems with my Acura (all the ones posted by Mofockers) and some more, none of which is fixed by the dealer. After wasting too much time at the dealer, and nothing fixed, I have given up and am learning to deal with all the rattles and squeaks and the driver seat sliding everytime i come to a stop (doesn't even have to be hard braking). They told me it was normal!!!! I couldn't believe it...but what are you gonna do? I only have one acura dealer in my town. I'm very bitter right now. LoL Can't wait til I get rid of this car.
Old 06-13-2005 | 05:03 PM
Got Milk???

Originally Posted by ImportsRhot
I hope acura realizes that they are losing a lot of customers. Before I bought this car, I considered myself to be a honda/acura person. But after owning this car, I can say that I will never buy another Acura, simply because their service department sucks. I have so many problems with my Acura (all the ones posted by Mofockers) and some more, none of which is fixed by the dealer. After wasting too much time at the dealer, and nothing fixed, I have given up and am learning to deal with all the rattles and squeaks and the driver seat sliding everytime i come to a stop (doesn't even have to be hard braking). They told me it was normal!!!! I couldn't believe it...but what are you gonna do? I only have one acura dealer in my town. I'm very bitter right now. LoL Can't wait til I get rid of this car.

I get the same things from my dealers many times. I'd be leaning toward either Infiniti or Lexus on my next car