Check emissions system & check vsa system after getting car detailed

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check emissions system & check vsa system after getting car detailed

So I was pretty pumped about getting my '06 TSX detailed and the swirlies and scratch marks taken out. Well got the ride back and though it looks really good and most of the swirlies are gone, the interior is mint and the engine compartment also looks fantastic, I got a parting gift of 2 errors w/ my car.

Check Emissions System came on as soon as I started the car. I hadn't gone anywhere so I went back into the shop and told 'em. Of course the detail shop said the error message was there before, plus, a "Check VSA system". The check VSA system error message however had not come on. The guy said that he should've called me as soon as he saw the error message but he told a co-worker instead, WTF?! Anyway he gives me some line about having done hundreds of detail jobs and after a few issues similar to this he calls ppl to let them know. Why the hell didn't he call me?

So I took my car with the Check emissions system error msg to the dealer which thankfully was only a block away. Left the car running and the service mgr told me to drive it for a few days and see if it goes away. I booked an appointment with him as he suggested I bring it in anyway. So I drive off the dealer lot and merge into traffic and "Check VSA system" light comes on. WTF? As I'm driving I also noticed I had NO power... okay I had power but pressing the gas didn't do sweet-FA for me. The car wouldn't speed up or do anymore than 40 and wouldn't go higher than 2500 RPM. So I pulled over and stopped the car. After starting the VSA stayed off till I was back in traffic and then it popped up again. So I pulled over to the curb, stopped and started and it was fine again.

This happened quite a few more times till finally the VSA stayed on constantly.

The detail shop offered to refund me the money I paid for detailing the car but I'm not interested in that but more interested in what the hell they could've done?! So i called back and asked them if they used a lot of water in the engine compartment or elsewhere and they said they did but always try using minimal water - this is when I was offered a refund and the detail guy re-iterated that they've done hundreds of this.

Frankly I think they've done something, accidentally or not, and are keeping mum about it.

So... other than the dealer appointment I've got booked I'm kinda hooped for a 4-wheeled ride and have to use the bike instead - not crushed about this but still...

Any ideas? I've checked the gas cap to ensure it was on tight, checked the engine and all the connectors I could see to ensure nothing's loose or disconnected (which's what I'm guessing they did.) I've driven it a few times for about 5-10min stretches to simulate starting/stopping the car but both error msgs still stay on.

Any ideas? Thx!
Old 05-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
For the CEL, have the code pulled at your nearest PartsSource or Canadian Tire... basically anywhere with an ODB code reader (I know PartsSource does it for free). Sounds pretty serious if you can't go above 2500rpm -- ultra limp mode?

Any chance they took it for a joyride and damaged it somehow?
Old 05-26-2008, 10:35 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
possible but i didn't take note of the odometer before taking it in. funny though.... i should've done that cuz i'd just read about the other guy that went through issues w/ his dealer and a lil' scratch turning into a big problem.