CAT Monitor not ready... tried many suggestions already =(

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2023, 04:33 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy CAT Monitor not ready... tried many suggestions already =(

Hello I went to get a smog check, and I passed, except the visual, Engine Air Intake Hose was beat up and falling apart, so i got a new one. While changing it out, i noticed the battery terminal was a little lose, so i tightened it up a bit, and apparently I accidentaly reset everything, because when I went back to the smog again, i passed the visual but the EVAP and the CAT monitors came up not ready. NO Codes though.

I ready forums and watched videos on different drive cycles and what to do. So far all that has managed to get me was the EVAP monitor, now what is left is the CAT monitor not ready.

it's been about 2 weeks, and over 400 miles of driving trying to get that thing to be ready and nothing is working.

Then I read somewhere that a bad battery could prevent the CAT monitor from being ready, so I went to autozone, and they tested my battery and said it was a bad battery, the crank is bad.

Would a bad crank thingy in the battery cause a CAT Monitor to not be ready?

any suggestions on what to do? maybe i need to get another ECU?

i have done a lot of drive cycles, and still does not work. I have one of those cheap walmart ob2 sensors that just shows 1 monitor not being ready and smog test place confirms its the cat monitor

help please
Thanks
jeff
2004 Acura TSX
211k Miles
changed out waterpump, starter, alternator, timing belts in november to december after I bought it used