A/C Temperature switch on navi broke?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 07:34 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/C Temperature switch on navi broke?

I have owned this 2004 TSX with Navi for almost a year now. I just had this problem yesterday and wonder if there is anyone who has had similar issue and fix.
I went to adjust the A/C temp (auto) from 73 to 72 yesterday (down arrow on photo) and the button seemed to physically stick in the down position and the temp did not change. I pushed the up arrow button and it seemed to un-stick itself. Problem now is that while I can adjust the temp down and currently down to 66 I cannot get it to go back up. I don't feel anything physically wrong with the button but it wont switch going up. During the 6 times I did hit the down arrow yesterday it did not feel physically bad either after the one time is was stuck.
I know there are companies that can do some Navi repairs. Is that my only option at this point - or the dealer?
Has anyone ever had any experience removing these buttons similar to removing a key on a computer keyboard to clean/check behind it?
Attached Thumbnails A/C Temperature switch on navi broke?-navi-temp-button.jpg  
Old 04-28-2017, 04:04 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fixed but for how long

Well It looks like I was able to fix the problem with hard work and zero parts. I say possible fix because I don't know if it will last.
So after I had posted the question I was continuing my research. I found an eBay seller who had posted the buttons and switches for this unit. The pictures gave me enough confidence that at least the buttons were a separate item.

So out to the car and I start taking out the Navi unit. Once I got it on the workbench I was able to get the radio/cd player off. Next I started to take out the screws to see how things go together for the navi screen and buttons. My goal was to try to get to the button in question to confirm if I could get it out I could see if it was broken and if so I could order the eBay parts. If the button was not broken I woudl know it was more involved. So as I was going along I never did get it completely apart, but in the process I got the back panel loose enough that I could tell that the buttons were loose in the bezel. I then tightened up the screws again and the button felt a little better and more like the passenger side button. I decided to go out and just temporarily plug it in and now it worked. So more time to put the whole unit back in the car. So all is working at least for now. I do wish that I had gotten it apart enough to know if the button was partly broken or did it just have some crud behind it. Hopefully I will not have to do this again.
Attached Thumbnails A/C Temperature switch on navi broke?-buttons.png