Bluetooth Question (Hopefully a new one)

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007 | 01:27 AM
Racer

Bluetooth Question (Hopefully a new one)

I noticed something interesting, but I am not sure how to replicate it. When making a call out from the actual phone, I would normally have to say "transfer" or select "switch audio" on my phone, to transfer the call from the phone to the HandsFreeLink. But there are times, where when I make a call from the phone, it automatically connects to HandsFreeLink without me having to do anything.

So my question is how can I always have it automatically connect without having to transfer the call once connected, when dialing from the phone?

BTW - I am using a Motorola KRZR (Verizon).
Old 01-12-2007 | 06:37 AM
Suzuka Master

I'm assuming you got the Bluetooth earpiece with that device. Will it automatically use HandsFreeLink when you've previously made a call using HandsFreeLink?
Old 01-12-2007 | 09:22 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by moda_way
I'm assuming you got the Bluetooth earpiece with that device. Will it automatically use HandsFreeLink when you've previously made a call using HandsFreeLink?
If it is operating as it usually does...it will not automatically connect to HFL when dialing from the phone, even if I previously made a call. But when it does automatically connect from dialing from the phone, it does so everytime.
Old 01-12-2007 | 10:12 AM
Instructor

I have a Moto RAZR from Sprint, and I can say mine does as well what you are saying yours does.

When it first happened I was a little confused, but what I think is happening is this: as long as you don't make a call on your phone and then "transfer" that call to the HFL, the HFL will not pick up "automatically" any calls made with the phone. However, once you make a call on your phone and then use the HFL to "transfer", all calls are transferred to HFL when dialing from the phone as long as you don't "transfer" again (back to the phone) or turn off the car.

This has been my experience....

Originally Posted by etarui
I noticed something interesting, but I am not sure how to replicate it. When making a call out from the actual phone, I would normally have to say "transfer" or select "switch audio" on my phone, to transfer the call from the phone to the HandsFreeLink. But there are times, where when I make a call from the phone, it automatically connects to HandsFreeLink without me having to do anything.

So my question is how can I always have it automatically connect without having to transfer the call once connected, when dialing from the phone?

BTW - I am using a Motorola KRZR (Verizon).
Old 01-12-2007 | 10:43 AM
Intermediate

Not sure if this is value-add,

If your phone is set to connect to your car's HFL last (as oppose to being connected to another bluetooth device ex: headset, computer, etc), it should automatically connect to the car as soon as you turn on the power/engine. At this point, any call you make on the actual phone it'll put through to your car speakers when the call connects.

I've never had to "transfer" my calls to the HFL, I've only had to do the opposite - transfer the call from the HFL back to the phone when I get out of my car.
Old 01-12-2007 | 11:58 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Revenant
Not sure if this is value-add,

If your phone is set to connect to your car's HFL last (as oppose to being connected to another bluetooth device ex: headset, computer, etc), it should automatically connect to the car as soon as you turn on the power/engine. At this point, any call you make on the actual phone it'll put through to your car speakers when the call connects.

I've never had to "transfer" my calls to the HFL, I've only had to do the opposite - transfer the call from the HFL back to the phone when I get out of my car.

I don't have a connectivity issue. My phone always pairs with HFL when I turn on the car. The question is really about the default behavior of HFL when dialing a number or selecting a contact from the phone, not from using voice commands.
Old 01-12-2007 | 03:30 PM
Intermediate

I see, for clarification then I meant to say:

So long as your phone is connected to the HFL, if you dial any number off the physical phone or select a contact off your physical phone and call - the phone will dial and only when the call is connected (ie: other party picks up, get an answering machine, etc) the call will automatically be transferred to your car's speakers. Your screen will tell you a call is "In Use". You should not need to transfer it manually through voice or whatever.

That's the way it works for me anyways. I'm using a Samsung D900.
Old 01-13-2007 | 03:11 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Revenant
I see, for clarification then I meant to say:

So long as your phone is connected to the HFL, if you dial any number off the physical phone or select a contact off your physical phone and call - the phone will dial and only when the call is connected (ie: other party picks up, get an answering machine, etc) the call will automatically be transferred to your car's speakers. Your screen will tell you a call is "In Use". You should not need to transfer it manually through voice or whatever.

That's the way it works for me anyways. I'm using a Samsung D900.
Thanks for the clarification. For me, my phones in the past have not worked like your Samsung. Calls would come over HFL if 1) I used voice commands to dial numbers, 2) said "transfer," 3) received an incoming call, or 4) selected the transfer through the phone. This has been the case with my Nokia 6680, Blackberry 8700c & 8700g, and T-Mobile Dash.

The KRZR is the first phone I have had the experience, on rare occasion, where making a call directly from the phone would automatically connect to HFL. Since it happens sometimes, I was curious if there was an actual setting either on HFL or my phone, to select the default behavior.
Old 01-13-2007 | 06:12 AM
2006 ASM tsx

i just bought a razor so i could see the service levels. and gonna figure out how to get batt to come up too... but anyhow when i was using my sk3. i could make a call and then switch (on the phone) from handset to tsx (handsfreelink for you, i just changed the name) then it would automatically be on hfl as i recall... so for the razr. you should dial from the phone. then go to menu then use bluetooth..
the only part that sucks is it wont switch to hfl til the call is actually in progress...

;-)