Bad Battery?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 11:49 PM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blame PANASONIC, and blame Honda Japan for contracting with PANASONIC.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:14 PM
still plays with cars

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by slickrab
Blame PANASONIC, and blame Honda Japan for contracting with PANASONIC.
Well, that's your opinion. Mine is that Panasonic designed the battery to Honda's
specifications and Honda approved the product. That's the way it goes with subcontractors.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by moda_way
Thanks to JTso's help, I located an Optima Redtop 35 and replaced that POS Panasonic battery. You don't know the car can crank so nicely until a real battery is placed in there. $140 shipped from http://www.1st-optima-batteries.com
Could be a stupid question, but does this battery fit snuggly in the original plastic battery harness/casing? I ask because the Optima website did not list the TSX.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:10 PM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

ill just wait until my 3yr warranty is up on it than I will go for optima or diehard gold/"premier?"
Old 12-05-2007, 09:10 AM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
People in the northeast will have more batter trouble then warmer areas.

My battery couldn't start after 50k miles and died at a gas station one day that it was 30 degrees. It couldn't crank at all.
replaced it with a generica battery now looking into a red top.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Boost Junky

I have the same problems...06 AT. Battery has been replaced once already by dealer under warranty. I have an issue where sometimes when I get in the car when its been sitting overnight, ill go to start the car and it wont even crank on the first try...its like the car is completely dead and then ill turn the key off and back on and it will weakly crank over when its really cold out. It has done this to me numerous times even after the battery was replaced. Its really frustrating
Old 12-05-2007, 11:52 AM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
my stock battery was going strong and it was the original from when i bought the car in late 2003. only reason i retired it was due to my upgraded sound system.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:09 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

Recently I have replaced my OEM Panasonic battery to Optima RT35, the car crank up so nice that I've NEVER experienced before. The OEM battery had failed to crank 3 times last year, and couldn't last 20mins w/ Music and headlights on. Swap to Optima now and never look back, tho it cost me $150 to get it from Costco, but at least I have confident that it will crank up anytime.

O BTW: Did I mention that my initial throttle response feels sharper too.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Registered Car Nut

Post Changed Crappy OEM Battery

I had two distinct events with my OEM battery. 1st, I was waiting for my wife with the kids in the car. Stopped the car and listening to music (kids music CDs). After 30 minutes, the CD started to skip. I couldn't figure out what the problem was, so I switched to radio. When my wife finally called to let me know she was coming out of the store, I couldn't start the car. The battery was so dead that it wouldn't even crank; I only got some "click-clicks" upon turning the ignition. I was able to wait 20 minutes with everything off (interior lights, radio, fan, DRLs, etc.) and was able to get enough juice to get it going.

Last weekend, temperatures dropped below 0 (-18C) at night. I tried to start my car in the morning, and barely made it. So, I called my friendly stealership and asked my advisor to test the battery while doing my maintenance. He indicated that the battery was a problem and they replaced it under warranty. The new battery Honda supplies Acura service centres are 500 CCA, vs. the 410CCA OEM battery.

I immediately noticed a difference: first, the starter motor cranks much faster than before. Second, I don't seem to have the fan slow down or the light's intensity decrease when stopping at a corner, like I used to.

I was considering upgrading my battery to an Optima, but this $0 upgrade seems like a decent deal for now!
Old 12-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Boost Junky

Originally Posted by ChrismanTSX
I had two distinct events with my OEM battery. 1st, I was waiting for my wife with the kids in the car. Stopped the car and listening to music (kids music CDs). After 30 minutes, the CD started to skip. I couldn't figure out what the problem was, so I switched to radio. When my wife finally called to let me know she was coming out of the store, I couldn't start the car. The battery was so dead that it wouldn't even crank; I only got some "click-clicks" upon turning the ignition. I was able to wait 20 minutes with everything off (interior lights, radio, fan, DRLs, etc.) and was able to get enough juice to get it going.

Last weekend, temperatures dropped below 0 (-18C) at night. I tried to start my car in the morning, and barely made it. So, I called my friendly stealership and asked my advisor to test the battery while doing my maintenance. He indicated that the battery was a problem and they replaced it under warranty. The new battery Honda supplies Acura service centres are 500 CCA, vs. the 410CCA OEM battery.

I immediately noticed a difference: first, the starter motor cranks much faster than before. Second, I don't seem to have the fan slow down or the light's intensity decrease when stopping at a corner, like I used to.

I was considering upgrading my battery to an Optima, but this $0 upgrade seems like a decent deal for now!
ur lucky cause Acura replaced my battery under warranty and the thing is STILL crap
Old 09-29-2008, 11:21 PM
Instructor

Twice in 4 months

Once waiting for 45 mins outside my wife's office, i put blinkers on as i was parked in a no parking zone....battery absolutely dead after 45 mins....got jump start and no issues since then.
Now 4 months later, my wife was pulled over for something else and her car wont start....AAA guy complained about the battery, that it was totally dead and that needed replacement...so got one from there since my wife was a good 50 miles away from home...
I have been over 2years 8 months with 57K on it...dont know if its a good enuf like for the original battery...