All The Rattles Gone!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 11:57 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All The Rattles Gone!!

I took my car into my dealer I just basicly told them that they need to fix it and my car isnt leaving until its done. I got my car back on monday OMFG THEY ARE GONE. I couldn't believe it. I told them that I called Acura and told them if they don't come out with a fix I'm gonna get legal with them. For some reason it worked. I am so happy.

My rattles were in my dash, windsheild, and driver/passanger doors. They went as far as ripping out my whole dash and finding what was making all the noise. I got a new windsheild and they fixed the door rattles by 99%. If you have questions feel free to ask because I know (and they know) its a common problem with the TSX
Old 11-19-2003, 12:16 PM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
I am very interested to know what they did exactly to take care of your problems. My dealer had my car for 4 days and 'were not able to duplicate the rattles in the doors, clicking along windsheild and notchy 2nd gear shift'. Total BS. Details would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:50 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by miner
I am very interested to know what they did exactly to take care of your problems. My dealer had my car for 4 days and 'were not able to duplicate the rattles in the doors, clicking along windsheild and notchy 2nd gear shift'. Total BS. Details would be helpful. Thanks.

Windsheild: They said that it was set in there wrong when I bought the car. So they ordered up a new one and put it in.

Door: It says on my invoice "Adjusted L/F Striker to bring door to proper alignment.

Dash: he just basicly told me that they had to take parts of it out to figure out what was buzzing. However they must have fixed it because it wasnt doing it anymore.
Old 11-19-2003, 02:29 PM
Don't listen to me.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sweeeet!!!

I am happy for you.
Old 11-19-2003, 03:25 PM
Advanced

Congrat!! I really hope my dealer is doing that too...hmmm.. That's really nice of your dealer.... My dealer just simply said... "That happens to ther other TSX too.. SO there is nothing i can do..."... I just hate those words...
Old 11-19-2003, 03:47 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by w_piti
Congrat!! I really hope my dealer is doing that too...hmmm.. That's really nice of your dealer.... My dealer just simply said... "That happens to ther other TSX too.. SO there is nothing i can do..."... I just hate those words...
you just have to say no. and not put up with it , you paid around 30g's for the car and they know that.
Old 11-19-2003, 05:19 PM
Burning Brakes

great job on getting all the rattles gone.
but i don't like your statement "get legal with them"
how would you do that? sue them cuz your car rattles? i don't want to be an ass but that is just not a good excuse.
Old 11-19-2003, 05:33 PM
I am Ahab!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did they mention if they plan on sharing how to fix the rattles with corporate so other dealers can do the same?
Old 11-19-2003, 05:36 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by iNteGraz92
great job on getting all the rattles gone.
but i don't like your statement "get legal with them"
how would you do that? sue them cuz your car rattles? i don't want to be an ass but that is just not a good excuse.

Well actually the way my friend attorney explained it to me is. Basically, if it’s not in the same condition you bought it in you can, enforce the lemon law on them. If it’s something they can't fix. Because Acura knows its a problem the guys at the dealer even said they were aware of it. So that right there showed me that they were in the wrong and it should be fixed. I would say when you go in tell them you called Acura and complained about it. It will change their attitudes trust me.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:04 PM
Banned

having studied the lemon laws of the many states in law school... I can assure you that rattles do not meet the statutory requirement that "the defect adversely and materially effect the regular usage of the automobile" [or language to that effect].

with that being said... I have rattles... and I was going to get someone to write a letter in Japanese with my name on it to the CEO of Honda Motors basically saying he has brought great dishonor on his ancestors and shit like that.

but I digress...

my window rattles (both sides) went away after a month... maybe the rubber seals got broken in? now I have a rattle coming from the passenger's window button assembly. going to have that fixed when I get my oil changed in a few weeks. anyways... happy to hear they fixed your shit.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:16 PM
Intermediate

Nice going. The very word gives me goosebumps. "RATTLE". eh...
Old 11-20-2003, 01:26 PM
Racer

Congrats illmeltx

Some of you may recall I took my car in last month with the whole laundry list of noise issues, along with printouts from this site that document/describe the common issues. I showed that I was serious and determined to get 'em fixed, but didn't really do anything intimidating. The dealer (Hoehn, in Carlsbad, CA) was very professional and I really feel they did everything possible, even though they couldn't fix everything. It's been an enjoyable month driving ever since, but I noticed some windshield-coming-loose noises last night. I hope it doesn't develop further, but if it does, I'm confident I can get it fixed.

Thanks for all the info and details. Happy (rattle free ) driving all!
Old 11-20-2003, 03:24 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by Crazytree
having studied the lemon laws of the many states in law school... I can assure you that rattles do not meet the statutory requirement that "the defect adversely and materially effect the regular usage of the automobile" [or language to that effect].

with that being said... I have rattles... and I was going to get someone to write a letter in Japanese with my name on it to the CEO of Honda Motors basically saying he has brought great dishonor on his ancestors and shit like that.

but I digress...

my window rattles (both sides) went away after a month... maybe the rubber seals got broken in? now I have a rattle coming from the passenger's window button assembly. going to have that fixed when I get my oil changed in a few weeks. anyways... happy to hear they fixed your shit.

Crazytree: Are a lawyer? I'm sure my attourney would love to waste his time and talk to you. mmmm maybe not. Anyways why do people on these damn sites always try to prove people wrong? Well whatever its fixed hopefully it will stay like that.