Aftermarket Alarm Installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 12:02 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket Alarm Installed

Hi All,
I have a serious problem. I went to tweeter today and had a Viper 791(remote start) alarm installed today. I have to leave it there until monday because they need to take it to the dealer to have something resetted. The reason why they need to take it to the dealer is because my lights or anything that needs something electrical isn't working. Is this true or are they just b'ssing me? Did they f*** up my car? If someone knows how to fix this or have any suggestions please respond. Thanks.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:43 AM
Pro

prolly the immobilizer kicked in. no idea really.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:06 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by helraiser
prolly the immobilizer kicked in. no idea really.
What is that? I got a viper 791 w/ remote start.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:28 AM
Pro

the car's got a built-in immobilizer. basically your key has a chip in it that has to be present within the car before it starts. it prevents theft. still i'm not sure if that's why or not that things are goofy.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:41 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 9ballron
Hi All,
I have a serious problem. I went to tweeter today and had a Viper 791(remote start) alarm installed today. I have to leave it there until monday because they need to take it to the dealer to have something resetted. The reason why they need to take it to the dealer is because my lights or anything that needs something electrical isn't working. Is this true or are they just b'ssing me? Did they f*** up my car? If someone knows how to fix this or have any suggestions please respond. Thanks.
If you can be a little more specific that would be great. "something electrical" does not quite let us help you with your issue. but if its everything electrical, it is very possible that when they where hooking the alarm up to the ignition harness of the vehicle they pulled on a wire a little to hard and either pull out the pin in the harness or the whole harness came loose. But this is just a guess since I do not have enough information about whats wrong with your car to help you. BTW, where do you live and what tweeter did you go to?
Old 01-17-2006, 01:10 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gmfreed
If you can be a little more specific that would be great. "something electrical" does not quite let us help you with your issue. but if its everything electrical, it is very possible that when they where hooking the alarm up to the ignition harness of the vehicle they pulled on a wire a little to hard and either pull out the pin in the harness or the whole harness came loose. But this is just a guess since I do not have enough information about whats wrong with your car to help you. BTW, where do you live and what tweeter did you go to?
Sorry for not responding sooner. Okay, here's the deal. I went to the tweeter down in san diego off of balboa ave on saturday morning. Everything seems to work ( as far as the alarm is concerned) but my headlights and brake lights don't turn on. The digital readout between the tachometer and speedometer says something about the VSA and emission unit. I had to take it to the dealer yesterday and they're still looking into it. They had to get the 06 tsx wiring schematic from acura headquarters since they didn't have it there.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:37 PM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Sorry for not responding sooner. Okay, here's the deal. I went to the tweeter down in san diego off of balboa ave on saturday morning. Everything seems to work ( as far as the alarm is concerned) but my headlights and brake lights don't turn on. The digital readout between the tachometer and speedometer says something about the VSA and emission unit. I had to take it to the dealer yesterday and they're still looking into it. They had to get the 06 tsx wiring schematic from acura headquarters since they didn't have it there.
I sure as hell hope that Tweeter is covering EVERY cost associated with this.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:11 PM
Cruisin'

Hey..... I had the same problem when i had my Compustar 2w900fs (alarm/remote starter) installed....... when they first install the unit...... all the Windows/power door lock didn't work.... and when they start the car using the remote starter.... the Stock alarm (the horn) will go off...........

I don't know how they fix it..... but he told me its something about the immobilizer or the Stock alarm that is having some problem with the starter..... They have to put switch on the Door lock ( driver side) to deactivate the stock alarm when the are is started remotely......

Ask the Dealer to see if it something to do with the stock alarm......they might be able to fix it.......my installer had someone he know from a Acrua dealer......so he was able to fix it within an hour.....
Old 01-17-2006, 02:58 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by curls
I sure as hell hope that Tweeter is covering EVERY cost associated with this.
Yeah... they're paying the bill for this one.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by accord-v6
Hey..... I had the same problem when i had my Compustar 2w900fs (alarm/remote starter) installed....... when they first install the unit...... all the Windows/power door lock didn't work.... and when they start the car using the remote starter.... the Stock alarm (the horn) will go off...........

I don't know how they fix it..... but he told me its something about the immobilizer or the Stock alarm that is having some problem with the starter..... They have to put switch on the Door lock ( driver side) to deactivate the stock alarm when the are is started remotely......

Ask the Dealer to see if it something to do with the stock alarm......they might be able to fix it.......my installer had someone he know from a Acrua dealer......so he was able to fix it within an hour.....
They had to use a different immobilizer (one that doesn't need a key) to make the remote start work.

I'll ask about the stock alarm if it needs to be deactivated. It's funny, i'm still able to use my stock remote to control the alarm. Is this right? Doesn't sound right.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:49 PM
Cruisin'

They had to use a different immobilizer (one that doesn't need a key) to make the remote start work.

I'll ask about the stock alarm if it needs to be deactivated. It's funny, i'm still able to use my stock remote to control the alarm. Is this right? Doesn't sound right.

The By-pass module that i have doesn't need a key.....

I'm still able to use my Stock remote too....... but he just told me don't use it at the same time.... (lock with stock remote and unlock using aftermarket).....
Old 01-18-2006, 11:34 AM
Intermediate

The dealer said if I don't remove the aftermarket alarm that part of my warranty will be voided. This sucks..... it doesn't make any sense how an aftermarket part can void a warranty.
I spoke with tweeter and they said that they will take out the alarm and pay for any monies owed to the dealer.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:46 AM
Intermediate

They got my lights to work, wooo hooo!!!(headlights/brake lights), now they're saying that I need to replace the whole fuse box. Something about the emission light being on. Is this true? Something doesn't sound right.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:50 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
They got my lights to work, wooo hooo!!!(headlights/brake lights), now they're saying that I need to replace the whole fuse box. Something about the emission light being on. Is this true? Something doesn't sound right.
Sounds like they need to get the computer reset first, but it is possible they torqued your fuse box.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by moda_way
Sounds like they need to get the computer reset first, but it is possible they torqued your fuse box.
Yeah.... they told me that they did reset the computer. Torqued the fuse box? Who? The dealer or tweeter?
Old 01-23-2006, 12:07 PM
Canuck

How many modules do you have?

My installs consised of:

Autostart autostarter
Honda SL module
Bypasskit model
Old 01-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Pro

sounds like it's turning into a nightmare. never heard of an aftermarket alarm voiding warranty though. my dealer offered me the choice of putting the compustar in mine and I declined it.

They MAY say that if something's wrong with the electrical system the after market unit would have to be disproved as being the cause before they do any warranty work.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:56 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by narci
How many modules do you have?

My installs consised of:

Autostart autostarter
Honda SL module
Bypasskit model
Modules? What's that? I'm not that intellectual when it comes to car parts.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:59 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by helraiser
sounds like it's turning into a nightmare. never heard of an aftermarket alarm voiding warranty though. my dealer offered me the choice of putting the compustar in mine and I declined it.

They MAY say that if something's wrong with the electrical system the after market unit would have to be disproved as being the cause before they do any warranty work.
I do have a factory alarm and it is odd that they could void some of my warranty, but since it's still a new car I didn't want to risk it. Maybe later on when tweeter has the wiring diagram for my car, then I'll go back and try to have them install it again.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:05 PM
Intermediate

I get my car back today
It's gonna cost tweeter over 700 bucks to pay for the fuse box that they had to replace plus the cost of the alarm I returned, plus my car rental.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:16 PM
Canuck

I do have a factory alarm and it is odd that they could void some of my warranty, but since it's still a new car I didn't want to risk it. Maybe later on when tweeter has the wiring diagram for my car, then I'll go back and try to have them install it again.
http://www.bypasskit.com/Manuals/HODL2_H2S2D2_I_EN.PDF
Old 01-26-2006, 02:43 PM
2nd Gear

When I had my CompuStar Alarm\Starter put in, they somehow fried my computer, and had to replace it...Alarm, Tinting, and Leather Protection all came to $700...the installer had to pay over $1,000 to replace the computer alone.

I'm not sure how it is in the US, but in Canada, from what I understand, as long as you have a "Certified" (http://www.mecp.ca/) installer, they cannot void your warranty.