2007 tsx gauges dont work and power windows

Old 01-28-2008, 10:35 AM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 tsx gauges dont work and power windows

ive been spending the past 3 months installing my tv navi to go JL audio W7 subwoofer with a 1000watt amp and a rear mount camera on my tsx. i had to take the entire interior apart and the entire trunk just so i could run the 1/0 gauge wire to the amplifier in the trunk. after doing all of the wiring for the tv navi to go unit rear mount camera and the alpine dvd player i carefully reinstalled the front and rear seats along with all the interior panels etc that were removed previously. i am still building the woofer box and amp and capacitor racks so the amp woofer and capacitor are not installed yet. the dvd player and navi to go has been installed and completed. after the install i wanted to try everything out and make sure my work is good so far and it was everything worked and the tv navi 2 go looks and functions excellent. so after i played with the rear camera and dvd player for a few days i parked the car in the garage it sat in the garage for 3 days no body has touched it i go to the beach and i come back and begin working on my car again and i go to start the car and i realize that my gauges do not function or light up at all neither do the power windows or the reverse back up light. WTF! the gauges only light up when the key is inserted not turned and light up along with the welcome screen. once i start the car the gauges dim out and the tachometer fuel temp gauges all dont work when the car is running or with the key turned to accessory. also the neither do the power windows or the reverse backup light when the car is in reverse. so far ive checked every fuse in the compartment under the hood and also the fuse panel by the hood release and nothing i checked all the fuses and and tested each one with a fuse tester and they are all good. so after doing that i disconnected the battery for 20 min then reinstalled and still nothing i am in the same spot i was 20 min ago. i know that most responses are going to be take it to acura but with all the electronic modifications i feel that they are going blame it on the stereo and walk away. the only modifications that i have do to the factory harness is that i tapped into the 12v power wire to the reverse lights to turn on the rear mount camera. sorry for such a long write up but any input ideas or solutions will be much appreciated Thanks
Old 01-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
They'll blame it on your electrical work for good reason, it's most definitely at fault. I don't know what to suggest here because it's impossible to guess what you got wrong. The obvious thing to do would to incrementally undo the things that you did. A pain in the ass, yes but there's not much alternative.

If your electrical crafting is anywhere near the quality of your word crafting, I fear for your poor TSX. Good luck.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why don't you try writing this again, in English this time? Use proper sentences, punctuation, and paragraph breaks as if you were communicating with a real person, please.

I'm no longer reading run-on blocks of text.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:14 AM
B A N N E D

reading that gave me a headache.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Where did my garage go?

i want my 5 minutes back.
Hondas don't like having their electricals 'augmented'... undo the reverse camera & see if that fixes the guages.
and dude, a 1000 watt amp?