2006 or 2008 tsx navigation unit

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 02:39 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 or 2008 tsx navigation unit

Hello, I have posted before here I think but Now I am going to try and solve a problem, I have my tsx navigation unit, which has some stripped screws which are blocking me from opening it , but I want to know if someone here has eitehr an schematic or diagram of the unit to know which pins are which, my unit does not work, it oepns and loads the discs but all I get is a blank screen in the car, and I am not paying 358 $ to repair this, my original idea was to open it and see what was the issue with the unit but that is gone for, so what I want to do is be able to at least use my screen for hvac control and otehr features as navigation on thsi car is old and outdated so the maps wont work.

WHy does this unit control the whole screen for audio and other air conditioner settings is beyond me but I believe I should be able to copy the firmware to at least make it run in another device if I wire this dam nthing correctly. Has someone attempted this before? does someone has the diagram for the connections on this unit or a dissasembly guy ? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:54 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Mytre
Hello, I have posted before here I think but Now I am going to try and solve a problem, I have my tsx navigation unit, which has some stripped screws which are blocking me from opening it , but I want to know if someone here has eitehr an schematic or diagram of the unit to know which pins are which, my unit does not work, it oepns and loads the discs but all I get is a blank screen in the car, and I am not paying 358 $ to repair this, my original idea was to open it and see what was the issue with the unit but that is gone for, so what I want to do is be able to at least use my screen for hvac control and otehr features as navigation on thsi car is old and outdated so the maps wont work.

WHy does this unit control the whole screen for audio and other air conditioner settings is beyond me but I believe I should be able to copy the firmware to at least make it run in another device if I wire this dam nthing correctly. Has someone attempted this before? does someone has the diagram for the connections on this unit or a dissasembly guy ? Thanks in advance.
Hey, did you ever find a solution for this? I am having the same issues with a blank screen on my navigation screen… Let me know if you did find something, thanks.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:57 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Originally Posted by notion
Hey, did you ever find a solution for this? I am having the same issues with a blank screen on my navigation screen… Let me know if you did find something, thanks.
replace the drive....and Voila!
Old 11-04-2019, 09:12 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by justnspace
replace the drive....and Voila!
By drive, you mean the DVD drive, right? Sorry I just want to make sure I’m not misunderstanding you.

And that was it? :o

here is where I am confused, I thought that if it was the DVD drive that was faulty, the navigation display would at least turn on and give some sort of error...But I guess that’s not the case which seems kinda dumb. But I guess that’s not the case which seems kinda dumb.

anyways, I appreciate the response. Where did you end up purchasing your drive from? eBay? Thanks!!
Old 11-04-2019, 12:14 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
yes, the dvd drive in the trunk