Updated pics of my car with bodykit

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005 | 05:21 PM
Geaux Tigers!!!

Originally Posted by Tsx536
Hey Amanda....will they let you take off your front license plate where you live....or will you get pulled?

I think you should take that off if you could.
we don't have front plates here in La. That's my LSU plate.... and it's not going anywhere :0)

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Old 02-14-2005 | 05:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Kawaii
the wheels are cool, tl knockoffs?

definitly save a lot of money..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6755
Actually the Vadors were out long before the A-spec wheels came out
Old 02-14-2005 | 06:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mandercruso
hyperblack, not black. there is a difference, lol... for example
i was just saying that they only showed the black on the site.

and cTLgo, Acura didn't steal those wheels from Nakyakwhatever, maybe they came out with the knockoffs before the A-spec but those wheels have always been an option since the new TL was released.
Old 02-14-2005 | 07:39 PM
Just dial 1911

i was just saying that they only showed the black on the site.

and cTLgo, Acura didn't steal those wheels from Nakyakwhatever, maybe they came out with the knockoffs before the A-spec but those wheels have always been an option since the new TL was released.
What in his post implied Acura stole the design??
Old 02-14-2005 | 07:54 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Originally Posted by mandercruso
we don't have front plates here in La. That's my LSU plate.... and it's not going anywhere :0)

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Cool...I can respect that you wanna represent...
Old 02-14-2005 | 10:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by joerockt
Actually the Vadors were out long before the A-spec wheels came out
Old 02-14-2005 | 10:56 PM
Just dial 1911

So? That dosent mean Acura "stole" anything. The point he was trying to make was that the Vadors are not "knock-offs" as you put it.
Old 02-14-2005 | 11:01 PM
Banned

uhm what are they then?

a knock off is just a wheel that is made to resemble or copy an OEM wheel or more expensive aftermarket wheels
Old 02-14-2005 | 11:08 PM
cmf
ATCer

Originally Posted by joerockt

I think she likes busting Amanda's chops. If you read through a few posts, it's actually funny. Think it started with the whole Miss TSX or whatever.
I wanna see them wrestle, maybe in mud.... wait, JELLO!
Old 02-14-2005 | 11:09 PM
Just dial 1911

uhm what are they then?

a knock off is just a wheel that is made to resemble or copy an OEM wheel or more expensive aftermarket wheels
If the Vadors were out prior to the TL aspecs, then how can they be knock offs? Dont know that for sure mind you, just from what ctlgo said.

So its up in the air if Acura copied the design, but they are very similar.
Old 02-14-2005 | 11:11 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by cmf
I think she likes busting Amanda's chops. If you read through a few posts, it's actually funny. Think it started with the whole Miss TSX or whatever.
I wanna see them wrestle, maybe in mud.... wait, JELLO!
Totally...you nailed it boss. I was going to mention it, but sometimes my "observation skillzzzz" get me in trouble

Jello PUDDING
Old 02-14-2005 | 11:18 PM
Banned

uhm i didn't say anything?!> you said
That dosent mean Acura "stole" anything
but nowhere did i say the word "steal" or "stole" so who are you quoting? an imaginary person?
all i said was

the wheels are cool, tl knockoffs?

definitly save a lot of money..
and i posted a picture of the tl wheels and a link to how much they are selling for on ebay..which was like 1300 last time i checked..

how was i "busting Amanda's chops"??? i didn't even say anything offensive..

and Acura did not copy that style from some cheap wheel company i've never heard of, obviously we all know who came up with the design first. Even if the nakayayaaka wheels came out before the TL ones were released, doesn't mean they didn't see concept or spyshot pictures of the Acura wheel.

honestly you are just a moron trying to defend a cheap piece of metal, and i find it to be quite funny.
Old 02-14-2005 | 11:40 PM
Photography Nerd

Just to clear the air, the Nakayama Vadors were available in 2002. The A-Spec TL & TSX weren't shown until november 03.
Old 02-14-2005 | 11:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dan Martin
Just to clear the air, the Nakayama Vadors were available in 2002. The A-Spec TL wasn't shown until november 03.
they aren't the "A-Spec Wheels" they were available the day the TL was released....when they created the "A-spec package" they just decided to use those optional wheels.
Old 02-14-2005 | 11:47 PM
Just dial 1911

they aren't the "A-Spec Wheels" they were available the day the TL was released....when they created the "A-spec package" they just decided to use those optional wheels.
You really read things how you want to read them huh?
Old 02-14-2005 | 11:53 PM
Photography Nerd

That still doesn't help because the first pics of the 3rd gen TL were available on 7-29-03.

It's also possible that Nakayama makes the wheels for the TL since Acura doesn't make any wheels themselves.
Old 02-15-2005 | 12:08 AM
cmf
ATCer

Originally Posted by Dan Martin
That still doesn't help because the first pics of the 3rd gen TL were available on 7-29-03.

It's also possible that Nakayama makes the wheels for the TL since Acura doesn't make any wheels themselves.

Sounds right, I think Nakayama also made the A-Spec wheel for the RSX. I think originally they used the Advan Kreuzer X's (on concept model), but obviously that was gonna be too much $$$ for someone to put into a factory performance kit.
Old 02-15-2005 | 09:54 AM
Geaux Tigers!!!

WOW... a lot has been going on since I went to sleep last night, lol. I thought about staying out of it, but then again….

The Nakayama Vador's aren't a knockoff or a "cheap replica" of the TL A-spec wheels. They are however cheaper in price compared to the A-Specs, and they are in turn a LOT lighter. Why would I want to spend $1300 on eBay on TL A-spec wheels that weigh in around 25 lbs each when I can spend $900 on wheels that look similar, are reputable, and weigh less? Which came out first? Who really cares? Call Nakayama or Acura and let them argue over that one. I, on the other hand, have better things to do with my time.

And Kawaii… you want to talk about a cheap piece of metal? Last time I checked, you have the 17” Acura silverstars on your car… I wouldn’t exactly call that high-class metal. Furthermore, I don’t appreciate you highjacking my thread and calling other members “morons” for simply stating what they thought about the Nakayama Vador wheels (oh, and it’s not that hard to spell btw.. a simple copy and paste will do). I think you are a little 18 year old girl (?) who isn’t as educated on wheels and cars as she’d like to be and chooses to express her opinions in an inappropriate way. I’ve never said anything bad about you, your tastes, or your car. In fact, I really like your car. You seem to take great pride in leaving little rude comments on my threads… but then you swear you “didn’t say anything offensive.” Hmmm let’s see…

Me: Because I’m Ms. Acura TSX HAHA
Kawaii: what does that mean>?
Me: What does Miss Acura TSX mean or the blah smilie?
Kawaii: the first
Me: There was a TSX award show thing last year where everyone voted on certain topics. One of them was Miss TSX, and somehow I won. I'm still waiting on my crown though, lol!
Kawaii: so you won miss tsx but you don't own one? Lol (busting my chops here)
Kawaii: if you're planning on selling it in 1-2 years, then why put all of this money into it? No one wants to buy a car that's worth 25k with rims, exhaust, etc...it just shows the potential buyer that you were into hooking up your car (which many people associate with being immature and not knowing how to drive, especially people that aren't buying a 6 year old civic or integra or something)....i would never buy a car with anything aftermarket on it, so just remember that whatever you're doing to it, make sure you can remove it before you go to sell the car. (Busting my chops again. I’m glad you’d never buy a car with anything aftermarket on it. I don’t have anything aftermarket on my car, and the only thing that will be aftermarket is wheels, and those can easily be switched back to stock.)
Me: because i have the money and that's what i want to do with it. Rims and exhaust can always come off anyway. Geez
Kawaii: all i said was that you should make sure you can remove them..but apparently you only got through the first sentence (Busting my chops again. You were so blatantly rude in the first sentence and a half, why would I want to continue reading your nonsense?)
Kawaii: the wheels are cool, tl knockoffs? definitly save a lot of money..
Kawaii: black wheels with a white car? (No, I said HYPERBLACK)
Kawaii: the only picture on their site is of this one how can something called black be silver? Lol (Because it’s HYPERBLACK not black)

And then you went on from there fighting over who came out with the wheel first. Who really cares? I like the wheels I like, so be it. I don’t have a TSX yet, who cares. I’ll sell my car when I want to, with what I want on it, who cares. I won the highly coveted (haha) Miss TSX pageant, and yes, I don’t even own a TSX. It didn’t seem to bother the folks that nominated me and voted for me. That’s all I have for now. Take it as you want.

~Amanda
Old 02-15-2005 | 10:08 AM
Photography Nerd

I like the Nakayama's Amanda, I think they'll look great.
Old 02-15-2005 | 10:21 AM
Banned

And Kawaii… you want to talk about a cheap piece of metal? Last time I checked, you have the 17” Acura silverstars on your car… I wouldn’t exactly call that high-class metal.
the silverstars are $1600. As far as I know they don't make any more expensive wheels from Acura for the TSX...and if they did I wouldn't care because I like my wheels, that's why I got them, not because they are expensive or because I wanted to brag about them, I just like the way they look. If you want to get stupid cheap wheels that will make you happy until you ditch yur POS a year from now then fine.

and i didn't read past that quote, cliffnotes?

edit: oh and about the lightweight
hahahahhaah

that's such a lame excuse to buy cheap wheels...like you're fucking racing that shit...i wanna see those videos...ahhaha
Old 02-15-2005 | 10:22 AM
Team Owner

+ 1
Old 02-15-2005 | 10:25 AM
Enjoy Yo' Self!!!

Sounds to me that Kawaii is jealous that she doesn't have all of the guys attention! I agree with Amanda that you have been acting immaturely on her thread.

:catfight:
Old 02-15-2005 | 10:28 AM
Team Owner

Banned

jealous? wtf this forum is so gay, everyone just says "wow cool!" "that's awesome!" "i like it!" "nice work!" "thumb's up!"

no one ever actually comments! does no one have an opinion or do you all just try to be nice to everyone!

it is actually helpful to tell them your opinion instead of just always agreeing with them all of the time.

maybe you guys need to learn how to take some criticism.
Just dial 1911

Kawaii, what the hell is your problem?? Why do you care SO MUCH what Amanda put's on her car?

And you keep talking, looking more like an ass with every post.
Old 02-15-2005 | 10:30 AM
Photography Nerd

Well as much fun as this thread has been, there's no need for personal attacks so I'm closing this one up for now.

Amanda, looking forward to seeing some pics when you have your wheels.