Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just won!

Mod Edit: deleted reference

I can't wait to get those mirror tints on
Old 07-13-2006, 05:21 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think they are all a bit different thats why they are cut to fit the bigger of the 2. both mirrors on my car were slightly different as well, but my drivers side was just a tad bit bigger than the passenger instead. If it's a bit too big, trim it with a razor blade. I'm thinking the difference in size may be the way the plastic border is put on the mirror.

xixor did you try both sides of the 06 or just 1 side?
Old 07-13-2006, 05:49 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by CJams
I think they are all a bit different thats why they are cut to fit the bigger of the 2. both mirrors on my car were slightly different as well, but my drivers side was just a tad bit bigger than the passenger instead. If it's a bit too big, trim it with a razor blade. I'm thinking the difference in size may be the way the plastic border is put on the mirror.

xixor did you try both sides of the 06 or just 1 side?
i tried it on the driver and passenger side of the 06, it fits perfect on the driver side, and its just slightly too big on the passenger side. i'm thinking that the passenger side mirror is smaller on the models possibly, would it be possible to have 2 different patterns, one for each mirror? i'm going to try and cut mine, but i don't think it'll look a nice as the driver side one
Old 07-13-2006, 08:19 PM
no0bIe

Chris,

Don't forget to leave feedback for me back at ebay, whenever you get a chance.

Thanks.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:20 PM
Racer

I would say with the price you are selling on ebay it's a little rip off... 15 bucks + shipping for 2 backup lights ... 20 for the side mirrors... ?
I thought it was some kind of special film... but it's just one of those window tinting film you can buy anywhere else. I bought a set of the backup light... and it's sure freaking hard to get it on perfectly. I ended up ripping it off afterward and went ahead searching for a roll of blue window film online.

I ordered something calls Extreme Mirror (color = pacific blue) and today after receiving it, I would say the quality is much better than the blueberry Yum yum film I'm receiving. I got it for around $25 bucks and I'm sure I will have plenty of film to play around and don't have to worry about messing it up.

With $25 I can cut 1000+ of those backup light out of it. I would say he's making a ton of profit out of this, because he's selling 15 for a set ... and it's no special film... it quality looks very cheap I would say.

Here is the link to the film I'm talking about. http://www.gilafilms.com/Automotive/...eme-mirror.htm
I forgot the site I bought mine from... but it's the same product as you see on the link above if anyone interests in buying one for themselves. They have different colors too, so you can choose all you want. Try googling it, because I would say you can find a cheaper price around. The film looks awsome. With this you can make some for the side turn mirror too. I'm thinking of doing it to my fog light too. I know it will probably cant stand the heat and turn black soon, but I will give it a try.

Here is another link: Extreme Mirror
Old 07-13-2006, 11:46 PM
Racer

Go here to see all the possible colors. Pick a car and choose a film to test it out.

http://www.gilafilms.com/Automotive/...mChoice=XCBlue
Old 07-14-2006, 10:07 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Here's a pic of the reverse lights

Has anyone else tinted thier reverse lights yet? I'd like to see them on a different color.
Deleted the above pic from post #87. IMHO CJams is treading on thin ice here.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Team Owner

Reminder And Warning

Just a reminder that if anyone uses AZINE for business they need to become a vendor. This applies to PMs too. Discussing tinting and exchange tinting ideas, applications, colors, etc. is all good. But I'm seeing references to e-bay auctions and leaving e-bay feedback and THAT NEEDS TO STOP RIGHT NOW. Know that PMs are scanned and if anything is flagged as indicating that business is being conducted without being a vendor it will result in a ban.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:01 AM
Guinea Pig

Originally Posted by xizor
i tried it on the driver and passenger side of the 06, it fits perfect on the driver side, and its just slightly too big on the passenger side. i'm thinking that the passenger side mirror is smaller on the models possibly, would it be possible to have 2 different patterns, one for each mirror? i'm going to try and cut mine, but i don't think it'll look a nice as the driver side one
I think some passenger sides might be a bit bigger. Maybe 2 different patterns are needed. It's just as easy to apply the film and trim the extra away during install though.

tuoncan-If you had problems installing the reverse lights there's not much I can help you with then. Thats about the easiest film install on anything I have ever attempted install film on. With a little bit of soap and water you can pull the film on and off 20 times till you get it to the right spot. And there is absolutely nothing in the way. The only way you can mess them up is by creasing the film.

And as far as the Gila film you found that is "better" quality. Congrats on your find Now maybe you will notice Gila is the same film you can buy at Lowes or Home Depot. Quality! They might even be able to get you the blue stuff. Just expect the high quality film to last as long as the film you would find at schucks, autozone, walmart, or home depot, because that's what it is. Gila is the same company that makes the film you see bubbling and turning purple on the back windows of cars. <---that may explain the price. You pay $25 a roll for your stuff, I pay about $275 per roll for my "low quality" film.

jlukja-delete the ebay refs please. Sorry. Thx. This was more of a picture thread anyway.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:22 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by taz98spin
I just won(? well nobody else bidded..) the auction off of ebay and paid
using paypal!

I can't wait to get those mirror tints on
Deleted e-bay reference
Old 07-14-2006, 12:23 PM
no0bIe

jlukja-delete the ebay refs please. Sorry. Thx. This was more of a picture thread anyway.

^^^jlukja and CJAMS my mistake...
Old 07-15-2006, 01:45 AM
Racer

When I received the film... there is nothing special about it. It has scratches on it, and the way it feels I don't see any special about it. Paying for a high price doesn't mean it's good. And how long will you think it will stay on the light? longer than the time the film get faded? Why would you need something that last for a long time when it's gonna peel off in a year or two most ? And that's assuming what you said is true... For those who got the film, do you think its quality is that great at all? I feel I'm being ripped off when I see it has scratches on the film that costs more than $15.00 just for two tiny circles. I'm just expressing my opinion, so we all can think twice when buying these stuff.

I pay about $275 per roll for my "low quality" film
What's the size of your roll? How many circles can you make out of that? Even my $25 I can cut 1000+ of them ... 1000/2 * 15 will give me $7500 ... Aren't you ripping us off?

And I don't see anyone who's willing to pay $275 for a roll of film like that. How do you know if ur doesn't turn purple later on? How long have you been using it? A year? or maybe a month?
Maybe $275 for a larger roll that's 10 times as large as mine then I can believe that price.

so that means that roll of film can generate you $75,000 ... How generous are you?
Old 07-15-2006, 08:22 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by tuoncan
When I received the film... there is nothing special about it. It has scratches on it, and the way it feels I don't see any special about it. Paying for a high price doesn't mean it's good. And how long will you think it will stay on the light? longer than the time the film get faded? Why would you need something that last for a long time when it's gonna peel off in a year or two most ? And that's assuming what you said is true... For those who got the film, do you think its quality is that great at all? I feel I'm being ripped off when I see it has scratches on the film that costs more than $15.00 just for two tiny circles. I'm just expressing my opinion, so we all can think twice when buying these stuff.

What's the size of your roll? How many circles can you make out of that? Even my $25 I can cut 1000+ of them ... 1000/2 * 15 will give me $7500 ... Aren't you ripping us off?

And I don't see anyone who's willing to pay $275 for a roll of film like that. How do you know if ur doesn't turn purple later on? How long have you been using it? A year? or maybe a month?
Maybe $275 for a larger roll that's 10 times as large as mine then I can believe that price.

so that means that roll of film can generate you $75,000 ... How generous are you?
This is all quite ridiculous. If you think you know more than a person that is a professional tinter then you should go into business for yourself. You act like you know the pricing and quality of any kind of tint when you obviously don't.

You might be in for a surprise when you find out services cost more than the raw materials. Do you go to a resturant and tell them your $20 meal would only cost you $5 at the grocery store? Business are out to make money, if they produce a product people want, and a price they're willing to pay for, then more power to them.

If you choose to do your own tinting, then consider it a DIY job, but don't vilify anyone who provides a service not everyone wants to do themselves (purchase tint, cut it etc.)

I for one didn't have any scratches on my film
Old 07-15-2006, 11:15 AM
Guinea Pig

whoa! someone got bent. Thanks xizor for a little backing.

touncan- I trust the film I use. I tinted my F-150 in 99-00 using the same film I used on my TSX in 2005. When you park them next to each other you can't tell which one was tinted first (aside from some rookie cuts and a lil dirt). The scratches you saw were probably on the protective side. That's what it's there for, to get scratched instead of the good side. When a good window tinter "double cuts" film will place one piece on top of the other with the good side in and the protective layer out because it WILL get scratched. Let us know once you get those 1000 circles cut and tell us how long it took you. If you're fast enough i'll hire you and you can thank me for spawning your tint career. I'll even pay you back for your box of blue film as a training expense

btw- Did you ever call the place you got your film from to complain or express your feelings before blasting them in a public forum? They might have sent you more film. You never know! They may have been able to sell you better film for cheaper for being a return customer.

I just wanted to show you a pic of what Gila 20%(Limo) film looks like after 2 years.

Gila is one of my favorite films since we make twice as much money off of customers that tried to use it. Here's how it goes..... Customer comes in and asks how much to tint that car right there. I say $220 (for a nice round number) They freak out, take a card, and leave. They decide to do it themselves. They purchase 4 boxes of tint for $19.99-24.99 and spend $120 with tools. During the tint process they find out it takes at least 5 boxes because of that big back window, and they messed up the first window they tried so they have to go and buy 2 more boxes which brings it to $150-170 spent including tools and what not. And when they get done it looks like AS$!!! They bring it back to me to fix it because they can't see out the back window anymore because it looks like the picture above. I charge them AT LEAST $100 to remove it and clean it. Up to $150 if it's bad. Then by that time the price of window film has raised my prices another $10-20 which has turned their Original $220(with warranty) window tint estimate to a $500 window tint job. I love Gila film!!!

I have to admit though. The Gila film does feel pretty sturdy during install. I have customers that bring me that stuff to put on their car. It feels and looks great if applied well. But it just doesn't hold up. And I imagine it's pretty impossible to get your money back or new tint if there is any type of warranty. Since you can get it off the shelf at any department or automotive store. When the film I use needs to for some reason be warrantied, my supplier won't even talk to me unless I have the roll serial number documented along with the date and receipt. Every roll of film I use is serialized use for tracking manufactured defects. I can't even imagine trying to walk the manager of Home Depot out to the parking lot to show him my purple tint and tell him I want it fixed and my money back.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Instructor

Im going to agree with xizor on this issue. Unless you are a professional yourself, have gotten a professional opinion, or have contacted CJams directly about your trouble with the film, you are quite out of line to be chastizing about an item that YOU BOUGHT from him eventhough you say the quality is so poor.I bought some tint for my side view mirros from CJams, but I was unable to install it simply due to my complete ignorance in installation procedure. I decided to call a window tinting shop to see if they would be able to use the film that I have and just install it for me. They looked at it when I brought it in and said that the quality of the film was fine and would have worked best if I had just brought it in when I first got it for optimum finish. With this in mind, I wouldnt hesitate from buying new film from CJams and taking it to the tint shop for installation just to ensure no problems in the future.
Old 07-15-2006, 02:59 PM
Guinea Pig

It's all good!
Old 07-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Instructor

CJams,

quick question for ya man, and thanks for your quality inputs thus far.

As far as the rear tints on the reverse lights, the film is exterior correct? Does it look the same as the smoked out '06? I'd rather tint it and be able to take it off if i got sick of it vs. purchasing the other piece of the tail light to do it.

I'm a relative newbie, so sorry for my lame questions.

Marko
Old 07-15-2006, 05:32 PM
Racer

just compare the two numbers $25 and $7500...

I'm just saying that he shouldn't be charging that much for two tiny circles of film

And who care if it has bubbles after two years... Just remember you are comparing apple with orange here... (tinting on glass and tinting on plastic) Not a good example at all. ... plus that film will not stick for two years, trust me... so why are you saying something that's irrelevant to us.
Old 07-15-2006, 05:38 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by TSXXY
CJams,

quick question for ya man, and thanks for your quality inputs thus far.

As far as the rear tints on the reverse lights, the film is exterior correct? Does it look the same as the smoked out '06? I'd rather tint it and be able to take it off if i got sick of it vs. purchasing the other piece of the tail light to do it.

I'm a relative newbie, so sorry for my lame questions.

Marko
Trust me go buy our own film and spend a few minutes cutting yourself, because you will get ur $15 wasted... It will not stick right and you will have to peel them off and spend another 15 bucks for another try... just a waste of time and money to me.

and yeah it's exterior... just like a plastic piece of sticker sticking on the light.... plus the circle is bigger than the white circle on the tail light.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:29 PM
Instructor

just compare the two numbers $25 and $7500...

I'm just saying that he shouldn't be charging that much for two tiny circles of film
Then why did you buy them if the price is so out of wack as you say sir?
Old 07-16-2006, 01:58 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by KBraggs
Then why did you buy them if the price is so out of wack as you say sir?
Because I thought it's some special film like the one I got from rockblocker for example. Their film are much thicker and it does stick better.

Anyway Here are some pictures of my film which only costs me $25 for a roll. (I can make over 1000 of these with that roll)

For the process, it took me 5 minutes to measure the size of the light, used photoshop to draw the backup light & the fog light... printed it out on a piece of paper, cut the paper out, traced it on the film with a pen and cut the film out with a scissor. And the total cost hmm .. $.01 + 5 minutes of work. While at it I cut a tons of them... no more worry about wasting $15 for another set if you get messed up. Since I have the film for the turn light I didn't bother making it. Here are some pictures of the foglights and the backup light. Why waste $15 when I get the same exact thing. With this I have the option of creating my own film...

But I'm not saying that you should not buy his product. If you are lazy and have the money, then you can go and spend it. But My point here is why pay $15 when you can do it yourself for the cost of 5 minutes of your time. After you have the paper cut out, then it will take you 1 minute to make another light.

Old 07-16-2006, 02:08 AM
The Power of a Grill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
show us the film on the car...im curious
Old 07-16-2006, 02:19 AM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks for the Blueberry tint install CJAMS! Wow, they look great! Thanks again!
Old 07-16-2006, 03:10 AM
Guinea Pig

tsxxy-yes the film goes on the outside.

tuoncan-write a DIY for everyone. The only thing special about my film is that it is THE perfect match for the new 06 Blue Benz glass. That's what's special about it. Not that it's just blue. But it's the Mercedes Benz Blue!

Now lets see some pics of your stuff on your car. I'd like to see a close up pic of your rear views. Throw the rest of your tint on ebay and get your money back you entrepranuerial wizard.

Xizor-I put some more rear views on a TSX today from the pattern I used to cut them and the drivers side fit pretty perfect, but the same size film on the passenger side had to be trimmed about 1/16" accross the top and down the right side as I positioned the film in the bottom left hand corner of the mirror. I'm pretty sure the patterns were the exact same size so i'm gonna have to say that the passenger mirror was a tad bit smaller. Maybe 1/32"-1/16". Is that the issue you found as well?
Old 07-16-2006, 10:22 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Because I thought it's some special film like the one I got from rockblocker for example. Their film are much thicker and it does stick better.
This thread is quite obvious, this is TINT not protective material. you sound quite bitter at your mistake and seem intent on making sure everyone else feels the same way. the whole point of the film is to match the rear view mirrors on cars like the TL/Benz/BMW, and the reverse lights were easy to do at the same time.

Since you got the material so cheap, you should be selling these for about 5cents each right ($25/1000 x 2). shipping is about 60cents, so put them on ebay for about .75cents ok?
Old 07-16-2006, 10:22 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Xizor-I put some more rear views on a TSX today from the pattern I used to cut them and the drivers side fit pretty perfect, but the same size film on the passenger side had to be trimmed about 1/16" accross the top and down the right side as I positioned the film in the bottom left hand corner of the mirror. I'm pretty sure the patterns were the exact same size so i'm gonna have to say that the passenger mirror was a tad bit smaller. Maybe 1/32"-1/16". Is that the issue you found as well?
yes, exactly the same
Old 07-17-2006, 01:36 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by xizor
This thread is quite obvious, this is TINT not protective material. you sound quite bitter at your mistake and seem intent on making sure everyone else feels the same way. the whole point of the film is to match the rear view mirrors on cars like the TL/Benz/BMW, and the reverse lights were easy to do at the same time.

Since you got the material so cheap, you should be selling these for about 5cents each right ($25/1000 x 2). shipping is about 60cents, so put them on ebay for about .75cents ok?
I will make profit if I sell it for $1 each... but I'm not here to make money. If I'm that greedy, then I wouldn't tell you guys where I bought the film and how much + how I did it. I would of start making my own thread and listing them on ebay for a higher price.

I like how the other member that did the Key FOB, he provides us all the instructions & material, so we can choose to do it ourselves or paying him to do it.

Why CJams here never gives us any information on where he got the film, how much he's paying for it at the beginning, and how he cut the film... His main point here is to advertise his product and make tons of money out of it.

But for those who want to see it it turns out on my car here is a quick picture of it.
I'm not here to try and sale anything. I'm here to give us another alternative to pay less for the same result.

Old 07-17-2006, 01:42 AM
Racer

The 2nd picture looks like the circle is not aligned correctly, but it's because I took the picture from an angle, if you look it straight from the back then it looks awsome. I love it!
I didn't want to cover the white outter ring of the backup light so I made a circle smaller. But I can make it any side I want. This is my first try and so far I'm happy with it. I have 10 sets cut and I'm worrying free now.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:29 AM
Guinea Pig

Why CJams here never gives us any information on where he got the film, how much he's paying for it at the beginning, and how he cut the film
Even if I told you where I get my film, it doesn't matter. You can't buy through them unless you have a Business with a commercial location anyway. So what use would it be? All I would do is piss off my sales rep by slamming them with a bunch of calls from people that want to spend $20 on a roll of film when she's use to dealing with companies that spend thousands of dollars per order weekly. The film I use doesn't get sold to private parties anywher on the net. You have to purchase 100 foot rolls at a time. But if you want an answer as to where you can get the film I use, from Me! I'm an official dealer for it.

It looks like you cut the patterns too small. You're not taking the picture from that much of an angle since you can pretty much see your reflection directly in the reverse light. The close up pic shows that you need to add about 1/4" to the diameter of the circle to have it cover the entire light. The pic from a distance looks like your reverse lights have angel eyes. Are those 1000 others you cut out miss-cuts as well?

Stop crying about me and write DIY already. Jeesh!
Old 07-17-2006, 12:25 PM
Instructor

LOL I Can't believe you wen't though all this trouble to make point for such a trite argument. You lost give or take $20 becuase all this "money" you believe has been ripped off is only theory and nonexistant. If you think you can do it cheaper, feel free. If other people think the same, then they will do as they will. You learned a lesson, lets move on now...k?thx.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:39 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
tuoncan get a life man
Old 07-17-2006, 06:54 PM
Intermediate

CJams
Only goal here is to hock his product threw this thread.
Which is pretty ghey cuz other people like the guy who makes those kick ass custom LED fogs cant advertise for free, but this guy can?
Old 07-17-2006, 07:14 PM
Racer

Id like to see Blue Berry Yum Yums on a front winsheild thats got to look hot.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:29 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by pizzaman555
Rofl...it would also be illegal. You can't have tint on your windshelid except for the top 4 inches (varies) you silly! :theghey:
Old 07-18-2006, 02:21 AM
Racer

It looks like you cut the patterns too small. You're not taking the picture from that much of an angle since you can pretty much see your reflection directly in the reverse light. The close up pic shows that you need to add about 1/4" to the diameter of the circle to have it cover the entire light. The pic from a distance looks like your reverse lights have angel eyes. Are those 1000 others you cut out miss-cuts as well?
I want it to be small, and leave the white ring to have the angel eyes effect. And yes I'm taking it at an angle, because my reflection is not center at the bulb, it's more on the right side of it.

But to end this ... Here are more pictures after taking my babe to the carwash.

Old 07-18-2006, 10:06 AM
Guinea Pig

Originally Posted by pizzaman555
I might be doing it to mine It's 50% film so you can barely tell if it's on or not. Cops don't carry the 2 piece light meters so they can't check your windshield or back window properly on the street anyway. They usually only carry the one piece light meters that slip down over the top of the door window as your roll it down. I was pretty damn close to removing the Madico film from my ride and replacing it with the yumm yumms. I'm ordering a roll of 35% yumm yumms today for a buddies dads friend. I can't wait to see what those look like.

tuoncan-if you're going for the angel eye look on the reverse lights you hit the nail on the head.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:17 PM
Burning Brakes

^^^
that guy has a point man...why use high quality film if it's gonna fall off in a yr or two anyway......

I do believe in labor charge tho....so charge 15bucks if you want
Old 07-18-2006, 04:40 PM
Racer

My freind has his whole windsheild done in 45% and he dosent get bothered.

I might be doing it to mine It's 50% film so you can barely tell if it's on or not. Cops don't carry the 2 piece light meters so they can't check your windshield or back window properly on the street anyway. They usually only carry the one piece light meters that slip down over the top of the door window as your roll it down. I was pretty damn close to removing the Madico film from my ride and replacing it with the yumm yumms. I'm ordering a roll of 35% yumm yumms today for a buddies dads friend. I can't wait to see what those look like.

tuoncan-if you're going for the angel eye look on the reverse lights you hit the nail on the head.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:22 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks CJAMS for the Blueberry yumyumms install last saturday! They look nice.

When my dad got in my TSX, he said "Hey I like your auto dimming side view mirrors, it really blocks the glare"

Another nice feature i guess. but yeah, watching you install them, glad you did them cause it looked like it was not easy to get it perfect , but you did, thanks!
Old 07-19-2006, 01:40 PM
Guinea Pig

^^No prob dude! Anytime! Your car is super clean. I like all the subtle mods you've done to it. They all look like the TSX comes stock with all of it including the rear views. And I think I may like those blue reverse light leds better than the bbyy reverse light tint.

I got an 06 commin in today for tints at noon. He had no clue about Azine. I told him to log on and learn more about his car than he ever thought possible. Every time a TSX or TL pulls up I think it's an Azine member. I look at them like they're from outer space when they say they don't know about Azine. So then I proceed to show off the "shop car" to give them the "Mod Bug" Man I love these cars!

Quick Reply: TSX with Blueberry yum yumm rear views