Pinstripes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 09:33 PM
Black RDX in N. VA.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pinstripes?

Hi all - my first visit to the site! Has anyone added pinstripes to the TSX? Any advice on what type/how to apply/what color (white TSX w/gold emblem kit)?
Old 01-02-2006, 09:40 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Pinstripes =
Old 01-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Racer

pass on pinstripes but if you must i would have a pro do it and they can probably suggest the best color.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:08 PM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
please search before posting...here are a few threads

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ight=pinstripe
Old 01-03-2006, 01:10 AM
Black RDX in N. VA.

Thanks

Thanks Joe...I've gotten the message loud and clear -- reading others' posts -- that pinstripes are considered ugly, fugly, and other disgusting terms. Personally, I think it's strange that pinstripes are considered taboo while every type of custom wheel, body cladding, and spoiler seems to be admired, no matter how ridiculous some of them look on a TSX...I just find the TSX's shape boring from the side, and wouldn't mind my TSX looking a little different from all the others...but as Dennis Miller would say, "That's just my opinion - I could be wrong!"

Virus - sorry to have posted. I'm not some nut - I did search but didn't come across much on the subject. Thanks for the links....
Old 01-03-2006, 09:47 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Pinstripes, just like any other estetic mod, is a question of personal taste. I can't say I've seen pinstriping on a TSX. I have PWP but I can't picture it with any color pinstripes so I can't help you there. Maybe bronze? If and when you decide on your pinstriping then post some pics.

... and, welcome to the site.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Instructor

Dont get pinstripping. It ruins the lines of the car, you get wax buildup around the stripping, if you want to take it off it has a hard time coming off, and if it is on the car a while and you want to remove it you have the possible problem of paint fade.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:38 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FitnessCC
Thanks Joe...I've gotten the message loud and clear -- reading others' posts -- that pinstripes are considered ugly, fugly, and other disgusting terms. Personally, I think it's strange that pinstripes are considered taboo while every type of custom wheel, body cladding, and spoiler seems to be admired, no matter how ridiculous some of them look on a TSX...I just find the TSX's shape boring from the side, and wouldn't mind my TSX looking a little different from all the others...but as Dennis Miller would say, "That's just my opinion - I could be wrong!"

Virus - sorry to have posted. I'm not some nut - I did search but didn't come across much on the subject. Thanks for the links....
Your right about pinstriping on hot rods and choppers. I think it looks great and some of the jobs are amazing to see...

But, unless you hire Pete Finlan to do it for you for a couple thousand, its just not going to look right on a japaneese car, much less just putting a straight line down the side of the car...
Old 01-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jlukja
Pinstripes, just like any other estetic mod, is a question of personal taste. I can't say I've seen pinstriping on a TSX. I have PWP but I can't picture it with any color pinstripes so I can't help you there. Maybe bronze? If and when you decide on your pinstriping then post some pics.

... and, welcome to the site.
yeah gold pinstripes on ur car would look good, ask ur dealer who does thier pinstriping and theyll tell u, I did that and the guy came to my house and my dad's MDX has gold pinstriping with a small gold acura emblem towards the end of the stripe. I might get them for my NHB TSX.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:55 PM
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
I have silver pin striping on my ABP, it matches the wheels, the Acura symbol is right above the door handle on the front doors, both sides. It adds a touch of class IMO...to each his/her own.

I have seen some that looks bad, for instance...a beige stripe on a Red TSX / Parchment interior, like they were trying to match the interior color on the outside of the car on the stripe. The dealer I purchased from puts it on every car that hits the lot. I ordered the car, but had them add it a week later.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:26 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've never seen one with pinstriping. Could you post a pic?