My modified TSX--NEW--work in progress (56k killer)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 11:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I checked the photo you posted, and I can see the OEM pedal towards the bottom in your pic. That is what I did not like, so I decided to get the JDM set which is a complete replacement set. You actually take out the OEM gas pedal and install the JDM one. Heres a pic.

Old 07-07-2005, 11:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

By the way...besides the stickers and the chop shop grill, I like your car!
Old 07-07-2005, 12:01 PM
Drifting

whats wrong with stickers now?
Old 07-07-2005, 12:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ZtotallynakedZ
Just not my taste...to each is own. I think the TSX is pretty luxurious and your car would look cleaner without them. Again, that is my preference. I had three stickers on my Integra in 97, but that was the norm then! Rice was nice in 97!

These are all suggestions/opinions...in the end it is your car and whatever makes you happy is all that matters. Don't take it personally at all, everyone has different taste and someone will always share their positive or negative opinion. After all, this is a forum and you would not have posted your pics if you didn't want to see what we think.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:36 PM
"You are just a puppet.."

yea...its ok if not EVERYONE likes your car...you dont need to please everyone
Old 07-07-2005, 12:40 PM
send me a link to JDM??

so much its amazing...

like the man said, to each his own, but I doubt you will find many sticker people here... cleanliness seems to be a theme of the users on this site.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:41 PM
Luke 1:37

Originally Posted by artmcd88
yea...its ok if not EVERYONE likes your car...you dont need to please everyone

I think the car looks great so far...it does have some minor mods that I wouldn't go for, but it still looks much better than alot of TSXs out there. Keep it up!
Old 07-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stickers add Horse Power! I thought that's why all those fats and furious cars have them.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Drifting

my car will never ever be a ricer i wish that the stickers came in black, like the bmw aftermarket ones
Old 07-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

my car will never ever be a ricer i wish that the stickers came in black, like the bmw aftermarket ones
In black? Black stickers on a black TSX...hum...don't see the point in that. Honestly, take off the stickers and snap some pics! I think that alone will look better. You are obviously partial to the grill, so keep that. IMO, I think the grill would look fine if it filled the opening more than 3/4. It just doesn't look fluid. I think they sell a replacement for the chrome piece that runs across the end of the hood or I have seen people put some special type of tape on it. That may help as well.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

shouldnt you paint your grill first? also what is hte point of a rear seat removal kit? why would we need a kit to remove the rear seats?
Old 07-07-2005, 05:55 PM
Drifting

getting the rear seats out was easy-the hard part is getting a light piece of wood that fits nicely over it
Old 07-07-2005, 05:56 PM
Drifting

lol people really hate the grill but i hate when everyone badges their car up like a euro-r-to each his own-i have heard enough about the grill leave it alone and rag on something else
Old 07-07-2005, 06:57 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

BTW, hated the Mugen grill b/c of the big emblem in the middle of it-this was the only one i could find that was clean
fyi, you can remove if you choose (like mine)
Old 07-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

lol people really hate the grill but i hate when everyone badges their car up like a euro-r-to each his own-i have heard enough about the grill leave it alone and rag on something else
Really...what type of world do you live in? When you walk pass a flower bed, do the flowers bloom as you pass them?

I do not understand why you take criticism personally when people are just sharing their personal opinion. Thank god our cars are not kept uniform, because I would hate to see nothing but stock TSX's everywhere! It does show how much you love your car with the mods you have done, but you can't have preconceived expectations that everyone will love what you have done.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:12 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by caz1604
In black? Black stickers on a black TSX...hum...don't see the point in that. Honestly, take off the stickers and snap some pics! I think that alone will look better. You are obviously partial to the grill, so keep that. IMO, I think the grill would look fine if it filled the opening more than 3/4. It just doesn't look fluid. I think they sell a replacement for the chrome piece that runs across the end of the hood or I have seen people put some special type of tape on it. That may help as well.
Yeah, Euro-R hood trim would look nice, easily bought from boomplustoys.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:13 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Really...what type of world do you live in? When you walk pass a flower bed, do the flowers bloom as you pass them?

I do not understand why you take criticism personally when people are just sharing their personal opinion. Thank god our cars are not kept uniform, because I would hate to see nothing but stock TSX's everywhere! It does show how much you love your car with the mods you have done, but you can't have preconceived expectations that everyone will love what you have done.

well put my young friend. Totally true. You have to be willing to accept feedback when you post pics. I'm sure you could find just as many people that like your car as don't like it... just not on this forum.

EDIT: "Young friend" is used even though I know you are older than me
Old 07-07-2005, 09:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
well put my young friend.
EDIT: "Young friend" is used even though I know you are older than me
Old 07-08-2005, 10:24 AM
Drifting

where did everyone grow up? I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. I have seen many a TSX on this forum, in my opinion, that should be firebombed, but haven't said anything about it b/c its not my car. Like for example i noticed a post about a car on ebay that had a TSX front and rear end. Everyone dissed it, said it was horrible blah blah blah. Can't you even have an ounce of respect for the guy that bulit? Think about how many hours he put in to make all the pieces work. You all need to get a lot of respect for people who put that many hours into their car and make it look good, even if you don't like it. I read my boyfriend's BMW forum and there isn't one negative thing about someone's car EVER-all they do is support and ask questions, not diss people the way this forum does. I don't care if its making fun of a car, someone trying to make their TSX beat an M3 or my car and its grill.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
where did everyone grow up? I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. I have seen many a TSX on this forum, in my opinion, that should be firebombed, but haven't said anything about it b/c its not my car. Like for example i noticed a post about a car on ebay that had a TSX front and rear end. Everyone dissed it, said it was horrible blah blah blah. Can't you even have an ounce of respect for the guy that bulit? Think about how many hours he put in to make all the pieces work. You all need to get a lot of respect for people who put that many hours into their car and make it look good, even if you don't like it. I read my boyfriend's BMW forum and there isn't one negative thing about someone's car EVER-all they do is support and ask questions, not diss people the way this forum does. I don't care if its making fun of a car, someone trying to make their TSX beat an M3 or my car and its grill.
That would have to be the most boring forum ever. Restricting people to only have nice opinions would be
This isn't a communist board, we allow freedom of speech.

It's your car, enjoy doing what you want to it. Don't expect everyone to like it though.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:44 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Dan Martin
That would have to be the most boring forum ever. Restricting people to only have nice opinions would be
This isn't a communist board, we allow freedom of speech.

It's your car, enjoy doing what you want to it. Don't expect everyone to like it though.

your boyfriend's BMW forum is :ghey: :dog:

I & that our forum is not run like theirs~
Old 07-08-2005, 10:51 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

You all need to get a lot of respect for people who put that many hours into their car and make it look good, even if you don't like it. I read my boyfriend's BMW forum and there isn't one negative thing about someone's car EVER-all they do is support and ask questions, not diss people the way this forum does. I don't care if its making fun of a car, someone trying to make their TSX beat an M3 or my car and its grill.
this is a forum, not a support group. if you want someone to affirm you and compliment everything you do... well you have a boyfriend for that. I don't think anyone is straight up dissing your car or the work you put in, merely suggesting improvements, hence constructive criticism.

Originally Posted by xizor
Sorry, that grill really doesn't look good. The top hangs down way too far. Maybe it'd look better if the outside was painted.
see, criticism followed by constructive suggestion. you'll find the people here are all about making their car the best it can be. if you get a D on a test but the teacher said good effort, what's satisfying about that? we don't just pat each other on the back for trying hard, we aim to help each other improve
Old 07-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think this forum is overly receptive to modded cars. In fact, we had someone that used to be on this board (Kawaii) that got pissed because people were giving props all the time.

Personally, I dont think its your car (not all of it anyway), but its your attitude and the way you've come off in your posts. If you cant take a little criticism, then you probably dont belong here...Everyone is entitled to an opinion, good or bad...
Old 07-08-2005, 11:01 AM
Drifting

Maybe its the problem that i respect very few people here on the board and what they have done with their cars. I only would want people who i truely thought did a good job modifying their car and knew what they were talking about to comment-not some 16 year old kid who probably doesn't even have a TSX. I honestly can't stand all the lack of respect and negative attitudes here. Most of you have no idea how much work some of these people have put into their car, nor will you ever know and u think that u are still justified for making comments. I have never ever said anything negative about someones car here on the board, despite how hideous it may be. I can't stand seeing all the fake Euro-R's running around, but hey, i can appreciate you trying to make your car stand out and the amount of work that you have put in, not just doing mods, but taking care of it and keeping it clean.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:02 AM
Drifting

and yeah it is funny when someone goes and asks a question like, "how do i make my TSX beat an M3"-they don't know what they are doing or talking about but that doesn't require any of you to rip the poor kid apart
Old 07-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Three Wheelin'

Maybe its the problem that i respect very few people here on the board and what they have done with their cars. I only would want people who i truely thought did a good job modifying their car and knew what they were talking about to comment-not some 16 year old kid who probably doesn't even have a TSX. I honestly can't stand all the lack of respect and negative attitudes here. Most of you have no idea how much work some of these people have put into their car, nor will you ever know and u think that u are still justified for making comments. I have never ever said anything negative about someones car here on the board, despite how hideous it may be. I can't stand seeing all the fake Euro-R's running around, but hey, i can appreciate you trying to make your car stand out and the amount of work that you have put in, not just doing mods, but taking care of it and keeping it clean.
Okay, you don't respect or like anybody on this board. You wish this board was run like your BF's BMW board. You think a lot of the cars on this board are hideous. BUT...yet you keep running with the bulls and posting here?
Old 07-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

i'm sure no one respects you either, so its mutual. respect is earned, where did you grow up? i've worked 10x as hard on my car as you have, and your grill looks ugly, happy now? simple enough, if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen... don't start any more threads if you don't like comments.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

Just so you know I am not 16 and I do in fact own a TSX. Here are some pics of what I have done thus far...feel free to flame away!

Old 07-08-2005, 11:12 AM
Drifting

all im asking is for people to actually have some respect and yes there are a couple of TSXs on this board that are beautiful and someone has put a lot of time and money into it. What i have a problem with is not just this post, but the many others where people are absolute asses. Feel sorry for someone that wants to make their TSX beat an M3 just because they dont know truely how impossible that is. Appreciate someone who puts in a ton of work, even if it isn't something YOU would like to do. have some respect
Old 07-08-2005, 11:13 AM
Just dial 1911

Just so you know I am not 16 and I do in fact own a TSX. Here are some pics of what I have done thus far...feel free to flame away!
You dont have your back seats ripped out
Old 07-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Drifting

i don't have a problem with ur car in the slightest. You have a great interior set up and obv. spent some time and money into putting a DVD set up, etc. I wouldn't spend the money on that but i can apperciate the thought that went into it
Old 07-08-2005, 11:18 AM
Just dial 1911

all im asking is for people to actually have some respect and yes there are a couple of TSXs on this board that are beautiful and someone has put a lot of time and money into it. What i have a problem with is not just this post, but the many others where people are absolute asses. Feel sorry for someone that wants to make their TSX beat an M3 just because they dont know truely how impossible that is. Appreciate someone who puts in a ton of work, even if it isn't something YOU would like to do. have some respect
So I should respect the "hard work" that went into this?

Old 07-08-2005, 11:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by joerockt
You dont have your back seats ripped out

I may just purchase her rear seat removal kit so I can get a "pro" to custom install a mattress so my little girl can lie down and watch her movies!
Old 07-08-2005, 11:21 AM
Drifting

yeah the car is really ugly, but whoever's car that is thinks it looks awesome. im sorry that im performance minded and want my system to sound awesome, and pulled the backseats. Its a project that already has some hours and thought into it but again, no respect for anything on this board.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

i don't have a problem with ur car in the slightest. You have a great interior set up and obv. spent some time and money into putting a DVD set up, etc. I wouldn't spend the money on that but i can apperciate the thought that went into it
Thnx.

Yes, I am giving you a hard time! It's mainly because you are having such a hard time with criticism and becoming defensive for no reason. Who cares if someone 5000 miles away does not like your car! Remember, yes there are some who don’t like a few of the things you have done, but there are probably several who are completely down with your car. Again, I will point out that besides your stickers and grill, I think your car looks damn good!

Just relax a little bit.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Just dial 1911

Big DM is here...I sense a
Old 07-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Big DM is here...I sense a

I'll let this slide for a bit but it's close...
Old 07-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

So I should respect the "hard work" that went into this?

don't diss Ronald McDonald's car
Old 07-08-2005, 11:39 AM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by xizor
don't diss Ronald McDonald's car
Naaa, never...I've got all sorts of "respect" for that guy
Old 07-08-2005, 11:41 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts

I & that our forum is not run like theirs~

Quick Reply: My modified TSX--NEW--work in progress (56k killer)