Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 12:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Nice wheels and drop! Love the red too.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Got Milk???

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
too bad i didnt get to see your ride at the open house, but very very nice wheels, hopefully i'll get to see them next time we meet up!

-KC
Old 06-09-2005, 01:12 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks good all around! Nice drop! Nice rims! Nice color and shine! Maybe you should try a 2 layer tint job.....red on top of silver for the reflectivity. Just kidding! That'd be pretty nasty to have to drive and look out of red winows every day. Very clean...I like!
Old 06-09-2005, 01:43 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome man...OEM kit!
Old 06-09-2005, 03:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chyllintsx
sweet man... do those come in chrome? or gunmetal?
No chrome, but they do come in a "black burning" in which the star part of the rim is painted in sort of a shiney, almost chrome like gunmetal color:

I guess it's like the "hyperblack" color you see on other rims.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kaikai114
too bad i didnt get to see your ride at the open house, but very very nice wheels, hopefully i'll get to see them next time we meet up!

-KC
Hey, so did you and Omar make it out to the Ace open house? Sorry I missed you guys. Omar was supposed to help me boost a couple of those Recaro seats!
Old 06-09-2005, 06:02 PM
Got Milk???

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
Hey, so did you and Omar make it out to the Ace open house? Sorry I missed you guys. Omar was supposed to help me boost a couple of those Recaro seats!

Yea, my bad dood, we arrived at around 6:30pm. There were 3 Recaro seats I believe, I shove my fatass in the middle one, one that is freakin' narrow, and for a second I couldnt pull my ass out... I was like... oh shit someone call 911 for me, mah @$$ is stuck!!! I really like the one to the very left of the ten if u know which one I'm talking about, that one was very supportive and not too tight either. Are you planning to get one? I want one myself, but probably won't be on my mod list until i get myself some 19" Volks You know for those Works you got, why didn't you get the polished lip with hyperblack spokes, did you not like them? I think they'd look a lot more "bling bling" on your car

-KC
Old 06-09-2005, 09:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kaikai114
Yea, my bad dood, we arrived at around 6:30pm. There were 3 Recaro seats I believe, I shove my fatass in the middle one, one that is freakin' narrow, and for a second I couldnt pull my ass out... I was like... oh shit someone call 911 for me, mah @$$ is stuck!!! I really like the one to the very left of the ten if u know which one I'm talking about, that one was very supportive and not too tight either. Are you planning to get one? I want one myself, but probably won't be on my mod list until i get myself some 19" Volks You know for those Works you got, why didn't you get the polished lip with hyperblack spokes, did you not like them? I think they'd look a lot more "bling bling" on your car

-KC
LOL. I think I said the same thing when I sat in that tight one. Was the seat you liked the blue/black one? I think that's the same Recaro seat they use in the Euro-Rs. I liked that one too. I'm thinking about replacing my seat b/c the stock one is too soft for my taste and doesn't feel comfortable after about a hour + of driving.

With respect to the hyperblack Works, I would've gone for them if they were closer to a black chrome color rather than a gunmetal color like in the picture above. When I saw them in person, the rim wasn't reflective enough and had sort of a chrome w/ gray brake dust look to them. I guess I was also after a more subtle look (as if Milano Red is a subtle color ).

The cool thing about these true 3 piece wheels is the fact that I can disassemble them completely and paint or chrome the star part if I really get bored of the silver.

PM me when you get your Teins. I'd like to check out your ride.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:44 PM
Got Milk???

LOL. I think I said the same thing when I sat in that tight one. Was the seat you liked the blue/black one? I think that's the same Recaro seat they use in the Euro-Rs. I liked that one too. I'm thinking about replacing my seat b/c the stock one is too soft for my taste and doesn't feel comfortable after about a hour + of driving.

With respect to the hyperblack Works, I would've gone for them if they were closer to a black chrome color rather than a gunmetal color like in the picture above. When I saw them in person, the rim wasn't reflective enough and had sort of a chrome w/ gray brake dust look to them. I guess I was also after a more subtle look (as if Milano Red is a subtle color ).

The cool thing about these true 3 piece wheels is the fact that I can disassemble them completely and paint or chrome the star part if I really get bored of the silver.

PM me when you get your Teins. I'd like to check out your ride.
Yea seriously, I thought I'm the only one complaining about the stock seats. I thought Honda spent a good amount of money just to do research on those seats. Even the regular Honda Accord EX seats are better than ours. If you get the seats are you just gonna replace the driver one or change both front ones?

You know I never really get how 3 piece on rims work. Vwong explained how his 2 piece Volk works, the round circle flap is one piece, then the spokes section is 2nd piece. So how does ur rims work as 3 piece? And what are the pros and cons of a 2 piece and a 3 piece? Take me to school on this Alter.

I'm probably gonna get the Teins in less than 2 weeks, 2 other forum members and I are gonna get them together if everything works out. You're most welcomed to come check them out whenever, but you'd have to bring your car too so I can check out them Works

-KC
Old 06-10-2005, 12:51 AM
Burning Brakes

Yup. I hate the fact that the seats in my wife's Honda Pilot SUV feels firmer and more supportive than my TSX.

With respect to 3 piece rims, removing the pierce bolts separates the star part from the rim. Then the rim itself separates into 2 pieces.

Advantages of 3 piece rims are that they can be stocked in many sizes due to interchangeability of the 3 separate parts. This also allows the mfg to make custom sizes and offsets. Whereas for a cast 1 piece rim, the sizes are limited b/c each size and offset requires a separate mold. No custom size possible b/c they would have to make a new mold just for your custom size/offset. The center star part of the 3 piece rim also comes in 3 different shapes so if you have big brakes, they can accomodate that as well.

The modularity of the 3 piece rim also makes for easy repair. If you crack the outer rim, you can buy and replace only the outer rim part and the rim is as strong as new. On a one piece wheel, the crack would need to be welded and it would be weaker there.

Some people say that 3 piece rims are lighter, but this isn't necessarily true. There are a bunch of lightweight one piece forged Volks. Heck, even some of the one piece cast rims, like the Kosei K1 TS are very light.

Ultimately though, I don't think this particular 3 piece rim offers any advantage that would be meaningful in daily use. I chose these rims based mainly on looks and quality. I directly compared it to the Piaa Superozza which looks very similar but when you put them side by side, the difference in quality is very noticeable.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:26 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Some people say that 3 piece rims are lighter, but this isn't necessarily true. There are a bunch of lightweight one piece forged Volks. Heck, even some of the one piece cast rims, like the Kosei K1 TS are very light.
As stated, there is absolutely no way a 3-piece rim could be lighter than a monoblock one. Usually 3-piece rims are all the rage for custom show wheels like IForged, HRE etc.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Banned

rims look good, rock em like its hot
Old 06-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Banned

looks good, keep it up

click the link
Old 06-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Drives With Hands

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's to no body kits. I like it just how it is.

No rubbing with 235s eh? As you recall, I have a little, my springs (Neuspeed sport) are slightly stiffer, but the drop is about the same (I'm at the center perch in the front).

I wonder if it's due to my +48mm offset, and yours being +51mm?

Anyway, sweet lookin' whip. The only MR TSX I've ever seen actually.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Nope. Still haven't had any rubbing so far. 3mm doesn't seem like it would make a difference but I guess it could.

I think the front of your car is maybe 1/4" or so lower than mine. This may also be a factor.
Old 06-11-2005, 01:51 AM
Missin my TSX =(

awesome man...kool thanx