Keep wheels or trade for chrome?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 06:02 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by virtualbong
Interesting. Do you know what suspension setup those guys had on their cars?
I have no idea....well... it was a civic and a RSX right.... i think they both lowered their car...so...i don't know.. since they already sold them for a better car...
they bought it as a beater.... and just wanted to slap some rims on.....haha....yes i know they are ballers.....

but, I would definitely go w/ some nice chrome man!!.. like, i've seen some Auzz mod their NBP TSX w/ some nice chrome dropped.....loks REALLY nice!!
Old 11-25-2005, 06:59 AM
Luke 1:37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Benz_05_TSX
I have no idea....well... it was a civic and a RSX right.... i think they both lowered their car...so...i don't know.. since they already sold them for a better car...
they bought it as a beater.... and just wanted to slap some rims on.....haha....yes i know they are ballers.....

but, I would definitely go w/ some nice chrome man!!.. like, i've seen some Auzz mod their NBP TSX w/ some nice chrome dropped.....loks REALLY nice!!
The only reason I ask is that your suspension setup is also important in how your rims handle on the road. If the cars were lowered with just lowering springs, most likely there was a greater chance for the rims to bottom out and take the entire weight of the car, which would lead to easier bends. I know this personally with my Integra. I used only lowering springs and after awhile the shocks wouldn't perform as well and every little bump would seem like a huge impact. With my suspension setup that I have now on my TSX, I have only bottomed out a few times and they were bad ones too, but the rims are in perfect condition. No bends whatsoever. On top of that, people said that TSW rims weren't durable. If that's true, then the suspension theory is even more true.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:26 PM
Drifting

The only reason I ask is that your suspension setup is also important in how your rims handle on the road. If the cars were lowered with just lowering springs, most likely there was a greater chance for the rims to bottom out and take the entire weight of the car, which would lead to easier bends. I know this personally with my Integra. I used only lowering springs and after awhile the shocks wouldn't perform as well and every little bump would seem like a huge impact. With my suspension setup that I have now on my TSX, I have only bottomed out a few times and they were bad ones too, but the rims are in perfect condition. No bends whatsoever. On top of that, people said that TSW rims weren't durable. If that's true, then the suspension theory is even more true.
Wow.... great info man!!
so... i should upgrade my shocks before i get rims eh?? You used Koni yellows right???
Old 11-26-2005, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Benz_05_TSX
Wow.... great info man!!
so... i should upgrade my shocks before i get rims eh?? You used Koni yellows right???
I was actually informed about this on this forum. I didn't think of it until someone mentioned it to me too, so I'm just trying to help inform the public as well.

I have Neuspeed Koni Yellows basically the same thing as the Koni Yellows. It really is worth it to get your entire suspension changed instead of just using lowering springs. Its the long term that matters, especially if you're going to get aftermarket rims.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:29 AM
Drifting

I was actually informed about this on this forum. I didn't think of it until someone mentioned it to me too, so I'm just trying to help inform the public as well.

I have Neuspeed Koni Yellows basically the same thing as the Koni Yellows. It really is worth it to get your entire suspension changed instead of just using lowering springs. Its the long term that matters, especially if you're going to get aftermarket rims.
Ya.... i didn't really go into the suspension section alot... since i am pretty happy right now.... but I DO wanna get coilovers so i can go lower....but, too much $$$.
I do plan to get some nice aftermarket rims as my next mod.... but now come to think of it, maybe i should change my shocks first, since we do have some potholes here, especially near where i live!!

so.....did you pick yet?? You going with chrome?
Old 12-08-2005, 01:03 PM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Wil... I wouldn't sweat the ASA stuff. I have 2 friends and a co-worker that have used or currently use ASA wheels on their whips with no problems. One friend has 18" AR1's on his 3-series. It's been over 2 years now, and he uses them spring, summer, and early fall --- no bends, paint chips, etc. Another friend had (before he sold his car) 18" JS5's on his VW GLI with no problems. One of my co-workers uses JH3's on his 5-series for his winter setup.

Also, for dipped cast wheels, ASA wheels are still relatively light... light enough that they're the same weight as the stock wheels (for 18x7.5), or the same weight as 18" OEM accessory wheels (for 18x8).

...would really like to see pics when/if you pick up some blingers (I assume in the springtime, right?)...
Old 12-08-2005, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by amadeus303
Wil... I wouldn't sweat the ASA stuff. I have 2 friends and a co-worker that have used or currently use ASA wheels on their whips with no problems. One friend has 18" AR1's on his 3-series. It's been over 2 years now, and he uses them spring, summer, and early fall --- no bends, paint chips, etc. Another friend had (before he sold his car) 18" JS5's on his VW GLI with no problems. One of my co-workers uses JH3's on his 5-series for his winter setup.

Also, for dipped cast wheels, ASA wheels are still relatively light... light enough that they're the same weight as the stock wheels (for 18x7.5), or the same weight as 18" OEM accessory wheels (for 18x8).

...would really like to see pics when/if you pick up some blingers (I assume in the springtime, right?)...
If I did go the chrome route, it would be some time in late spring. I would have to sell my current 18s and then see if I want to fork over another $800. Honestly, I'll most likely not do it because my financial priorities are to save and to my new hobby...riding.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Professional Newbie

horseback riding? :gheyfight:
Old 12-09-2005, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by madmanmax3000
horseback riding? :gheyfight:
Hey! Equestrian is a manly sport!