Amazing Tint shop in Clifton, NJ! 15% all over w/ Pics.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Mic up, Cue, Dissolve 1..

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Amazing Tint shop in Clifton, NJ! 15% all over w/ Pics.

So I set out on a Sunday looking to get my windows tinted because I could not take the headlights in my eyes from the mirrors anymore. I drove up and down RT 46 looking for a good tint shop because I did want to get the best for the money and we all know how tinters usually just slap it on and call it a day. I have had 3 cars tinted and this guy I found on Sunday was the best. I will forever go to him with every car in the future.
Well, I gave up looking at the various shops and started driving home. I remembered this place I saw while looking for tint shops in NJ and it was called Andy’s Window tinting. I drove by the address, which happens to be his house, and saw him outside with his daughter... Who just coincidentally bought a 2007 TSX two days ago... so I got out and asked him if he could tint my car. He said sure and the price was 180 for cash and 220 for card. When I looked into his garage I noticed it was a tint shop! Andy had a tint shop set up in his 2 car garage and he also took credit cards! I was like this is amazing so I decided to give it a try and said go for it, remember this was Sunday.... Nice guy. He let me watch the whole time and he said it would be 2 hours (I thought this was amazing because all of the other places said 3 to 4 and that I couldnt watch. He did it in exactly 2 hours on the dot). He had all the right tools and man he was fast. He even used filtered water with the spray solution for the tints. I checked every window when he was done and ALL the bubbles were out, it looked as though the tints were sprayed on! I was very impressed so this is the reason why I am writing this long thread because I can't stress it enough that this man knows his shit. I highly recommend him and he has done over 30 TSXs, templates and all. It has been 4 days and The tints look great and are cut perfectly. Here are some pics of the job. It is not very detailed but I can assure you that there are amazingly no flaws in the tint job. He has a website and is located in Clifton NJ right by the high school. You can get his address from his site. Oh yeah, he does commercial and residential tinting also. Johnson’s tints (Only the Best). Alright... I can go on all day about this guy and how happy I am with my tints but I will stop now. If you are in the NJ, NY area and are looking for a great tint job this is your man to see. I have heard horror stories from people but this guy is definitely worry free. Later all.

Let me Know what You Guys Think...
Old 05-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats...sounds like a great tint place
Old 05-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Nice. I just hope you don't get pulled over, especially by any troopers.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:24 PM

Yeah, I hope i dont also that would suck.... I really did do it because my eyes kill me at night so I will plead my story and I hope that works. If not PBA cards might help lol. I am also going to try and get a legit doctors note to go with the story.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, I've been in need of a tint for a while now and have been looking for a good place, this is about 15 minutes from me so it seems great. And yea PBA cards are nice
Old 05-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Pro

nice write up...went to a place in nanuet, ny. did a pretty good job. might have to check this place out
Old 05-04-2007, 11:40 AM

It's worth it... I am so happy I got it done. I will never go anywhere else. When you tinted the car did you have a difficult time driving for a little while? I used to have limo tint on my truck and I was used to it but I have been without it for 2 years now and it seems strange driving. I do so many double takes but I don’t remember having this problem before so I think I just need to get used to it. Anyone else have an issue??
Old 05-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by relik2004
It's worth it... I am so happy I got it done. I will never go anywhere else. When you tinted the car did you have a difficult time driving for a little while? I used to have limo tint on my truck and I was used to it but I have been without it for 2 years now and it seems strange driving. I do so many double takes but I don’t remember having this problem before so I think I just need to get used to it. Anyone else have an issue??
Yeah, took me a couple weeks to get used to it too. Never had it before, but now my front tint is off b/c I got harassed by the cops.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Three Wheelin'

I take it that since he did it in 2 hrs that he didn't do felts/moleskins did he? If he did i will drive up to him and have him redo my current tint job....
Old 05-04-2007, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by jwood_06TSX
I take it that since he did it in 2 hrs that he didn't do felts/moleskins did he? If he did i will drive up to him and have him redo my current tint job....
On mine he did Johnson’s tint which I have heard is the best quality. I know felts/moleskins are different types of tints but this guy is a pro. I am sure if you bring it he can do it or he might even have them because I never asked. His whole upper part of the garage is filled with rolls of tint mostly Johnson’s because he says it is the best quality and holds up the best through the years. I did see other brands there. 2 Hours is fast, and for such a good tint job that is pretty amazing. Does it take longer to get moleskin/felt??? Why would you want it? Is there a huge difference or advantage?
Old 05-04-2007, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
Yeah, took me a couple weeks to get used to it too. Never had it before, but now my front tint is off b/c I got harassed by the cops.
The cops gave you a hard time how?? Did they know you well and thats why they kept pulling you over? Like local cops? I make sure I roll the windows down as soon as I see them, I don't Take the chance even if its like 30 degrees out. It seems they only bother you when you are driving past them and they are stopped because it is very noticible. Andy, who did my tints, said that it should be a second offence ticket and they are supposed to pull you over for somehting else like speeding first then give you the tint ticket. I think that is true but I did not research it and anyways we all know cops usually do what they want anyway.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Oh well it's

Looks good man, summer time is around the corner and I need to get mine done here in SoCal
Old 05-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

On mine he did Johnson’s tint which I have heard is the best quality. I know felts/moleskins are different types of tints but this guy is a pro. I am sure if you bring it he can do it or he might even have them because I never asked. His whole upper part of the garage is filled with rolls of tint mostly Johnson’s because he says it is the best quality and holds up the best through the years. I did see other brands there. 2 Hours is fast, and for such a good tint job that is pretty amazing. Does it take longer to get moleskin/felt??? Why would you want it? Is there a huge difference or advantage?
I have Johnson films as well but i also got moleskin. The reason you get moleskin is because the little plastic piece on the inside of our windows is VERY rough and prone to scratching the tint. So, what you do is take off the door panel, apply a felt/moleskin to the plastic/rough rubber piece to prevent the tint from getting scratced. The guy that did mine is the best in the area and everybody i called actually told me to go to him because of it being a TSX. Apparently TL's are the same and the newer Accords are too. He wouldn't warranty my tint without me getting the felts, which i understand. It takes MUCH longer to get the felts added for the described reasoning of taking off the door panels. So basically there is a huge necessity for it and a huge advantage of it however, for some reason when it rains my felts get wet and leave water marks on the tint. My tint guy is still baffled by this and we are both trying to figure out why it happens.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

The cops gave you a hard time how?? Did they know you well and thats why they kept pulling you over? Like local cops? I make sure I roll the windows down as soon as I see them, I don't Take the chance even if its like 30 degrees out. It seems they only bother you when you are driving past them and they are stopped because it is very noticible. Andy, who did my tints, said that it should be a second offence ticket and they are supposed to pull you over for somehting else like speeding first then give you the tint ticket. I think that is true but I did not research it and anyways we all know cops usually do what they want anyway.
Its illegal in PA to go over 70% and mine is 35% so i usually put my windows down when i see a cop too.....just in the front anyway.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:55 PM
Senior Moderator

I was in the car for all of 30 seconds when I got pulled over. I left the parking lot of my office, which is in an industrial park, stopped at a stop sign to make a right onto the main road to exit the industrial park. I looked to my left and saw a blacked out unmarked crown vic coming down the road. He was too far away to just sit there and wait for him to go by, so I pulled out and continued on my way, knowing he saw me and had a feeling I'd be pulled over. Sure enough, I got about 100 yards down the road and the lights went on. I hadn't done anything wrong, was just pulled over for tint. It's not a secondary offense in NJ, they CAN and will pull you over just for tint [unfortunately]. I see cops all the time in this industrial park and around town, so I decided to get it removed instead of being harassed all the time for it. At least he was "nice" enough to just give me a verbal warning, no ticket, and told me to get it taken off in the next couple of weeks. I'd had it on for almost a year with no problems. Before that, sometimes I would roll down my windows when I saw a cop. In this instance, I had no time to react, and it was sprinkling out, too.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by wickedk24
Looks good man, summer time is around the corner and I need to get mine done here in SoCal
yeah I am sure that it must be VERY hot in that weather. The one thing I hate about the tints is that it darkens the whole inside of the car on a bright sunny day. I love that mood it puts you in when there are no clouds and sun all over but the tints kill it. Hence why I have been rollin with the windows down on nice sunny days.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by jwood_06TSX
I have Johnson films as well but i also got moleskin. The reason you get moleskin is because the little plastic piece on the inside of our windows is VERY rough and prone to scratching the tint. So, what you do is take off the door panel, apply a felt/moleskin to the plastic/rough rubber piece to prevent the tint from getting scratced. The guy that did mine is the best in the area and everybody i called actually told me to go to him because of it being a TSX. Apparently TL's are the same and the newer Accords are too. He wouldn't warranty my tint without me getting the felts, which i understand. It takes MUCH longer to get the felts added for the described reasoning of taking off the door panels. So basically there is a huge necessity for it and a huge advantage of it however, for some reason when it rains my felts get wet and leave water marks on the tint. My tint guy is still baffled by this and we are both trying to figure out why it happens.
That is strange how they get wet because there isnt supposed to be any water in the door... Make sure all of your molding is still in tact and he didn't cut any off. Maybe the water on the window when rolled down is absorbed by the felt but it takes much longer to dry then the window itself. I do mobile installation so taking the doors off is a matter of 2 min but I have not seen a problem with the scratching yet. I dont want to see it. Is the stratching a definite becuase if so I must add felt. I dont understand why the plastic would be pressed up against the window so hard, I think I am going to take a look. Are there any threads with pictures of the scratches??
Old 05-04-2007, 01:12 PM

I was in the car for all of 30 seconds when I got pulled over. I left the parking lot of my office, which is in an industrial park, stopped at a stop sign to make a right onto the main road to exit the industrial park. I looked to my left and saw a blacked out unmarked crown vic coming down the road. He was too far away to just sit there and wait for him to go by, so I pulled out and continued on my way, knowing he saw me and had a feeling I'd be pulled over. Sure enough, I got about 100 yards down the road and the lights went on. I hadn't done anything wrong, was just pulled over for tint. It's not a secondary offense in NJ, they CAN and will pull you over just for tint [unfortunately]. I see cops all the time in this industrial park and around town, so I decided to get it removed instead of being harassed all the time for it. At least he was "nice" enough to just give me a verbal warning, no ticket, and told me to get it taken off in the next couple of weeks. I'd had it on for almost a year with no problems. Before that, sometimes I would roll down my windows when I saw a cop. In this instance, I had no time to react, and it was sprinkling out, too.
Wow that sucks... I am surprised you would take them off after nothing for a year. One time you got a warning and you gave up. I guess it sucks to be harrased but I mean you paid good money for them you know.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

no pics that i have found but there is def a HUGE amount of people that have scratches on theirs. Felts is a must unless you want scratches soon. There was a guy on here selling moleskin for like $25 shipped for the all 4 windows and if you can, just throw it on yourself. i think it is def a good idea.

As for mine getting wet, yea i don't know. It doesn't get wet when i put the window down cause its already wet, i can see it if i look down in there. the weather stripping was not cut at all so i don't know what it could be.....
Old 05-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Wow that sucks... I am surprised you would take them off after nothing for a year. One time you got a warning and you gave up. I guess it sucks to be harrased but I mean you paid good money for them you know.
I know, and it sucked and I was ticked off, but with all the cops around all the time, I just didn't want to deal with getting pulled over all the time, especially because I was seeing that same cop very regularly in this industrial park. Also, it is quite awkward up at the other end of the main road, because the speed limit drops from 35 to 25 through the residential area, and cops sit there all the time, so you just creeeep by them at 25 mph with tinted windows and it's not fun, lol.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:16 PM

25 isnt bad. Maybe I can find it on E-bay and order it from there. This might be a stupid question but is moleskin really the skin of a mole? Thats fucking weird if so and why not use felt lol.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:22 PM

I know, and it sucked and I was ticked off, but with all the cops around all the time, I just didn't want to deal with getting pulled over all the time, especially because I was seeing that same cop very regularly in this industrial park. Also, it is quite awkward up at the other end of the main road, because the speed limit drops from 35 to 25 through the residential area, and cops sit there all the time, so you just creeeep by them at 25 mph with tinted windows and it's not fun, lol.
haha, thats funny and true. Ok I understand now, seeing the same cop everytime with the tints would be a bad situation and you are absolutly right. It just sucks that we cant have tints on the front window and now the cops are limo tinting all of their windows... makes no sense. Well I mean the law with the no front window tinting makes sense so the cops can see who is in the car and if they have a gun pointed at them but why do they go and tint their unmarked cars. rubbing it in.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

25 isnt bad. Maybe I can find it on E-bay and order it from there. This might be a stupid question but is moleskin really the skin of a mole? Thats fucking weird if so and why not use felt lol.
HAHAHA.....i can't say for sure but i really don't think its actual skin from a mole...lol. It may be but we'll just call it felt just in case...hah

I'm sure you can find it somewhere pretty cheap....i might do it myself next time and maybe i won't get water in my door..... It happened on my 04 TSX too and the dealership couldn't even find where it was coming from
Old 05-04-2007, 01:35 PM
Have camera, will travel

Nice tint
Old 05-04-2007, 03:44 PM
08 MDX with Sports

Looks nice, I'll check the place out but I would want 35% on rear windows and maybe none or 40% in the 2 front windows if thats possible.

Groupbuy? group-tint jobs anyone?
Old 05-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Racer

180-220 is on the higher side, but none the less it looks good.

Out here in socal, the average price is about $130-140 for a 4-door sedan.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
I just got my tints done in Big Boyzs Toyz in elmhurst queens this week. My girl took her TSX on Sunday and they did a great job. She did 35 fronts and 20 in the rear and it came out clean. She paid 175 with a one year guarantee but this was with a credit card, they didn't charge more cause I didn't pay with cash. I did mines on Wedneday came out ok, I have to take mine back for the drivers side door, some bubbles and a scratch. A little annoyed that I have to take it back, but the overall job is clean. He cut it close to the window so it looks like it came from the factory that way. I will post pics of both cars this weekend. I would definately go back to get work done there, Big Boys is well known out here. The service was pretty good too.

big boyz
Old 05-04-2007, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by waTSX
Nice tint
Thanks!
Old 05-04-2007, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Newplay1
Looks nice, I'll check the place out but I would want 35% on rear windows and maybe none or 40% in the 2 front windows if thats possible.

Groupbuy? group-tint jobs anyone?
He can def do that for you and well... I don't know about the group buy but call him and he will let you know he is really nice/smart. Remember the place is his house so just call him and set up an appointment. His 2 car garage is set up as a tint shop. tons of film, filtered water and soulution for the windows, professional tools and licenses on the walls. He does residential and commercial mainly so he does the auto at his shop at home.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by greendestiny
180-220 is on the higher side, but none the less it looks good.

Out here in socal, the average price is about $130-140 for a 4-door sedan.
I will pay for quality any day. I can get it done for 79.00 but I dont know how good the guy is you know what I mean? Its funny you say that because before I found this guy I picked up a professional looking card that said tints for 79.00 computer cut and said lets see. I called and a kid picked up and went hey. I asked him about the tints and he asked me how I got the number and I told him from the card and he was like oh. I said how much he said 79.00 and I asked where he was located and he goes Newark lol. Im sure that guy would have ripped my car up and no warranty. I will pay for quality... 90% of the legit tint shops around here are 220.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by idelgado782
I just got my tints done in Big Boyzs Toyz in elmhurst queens this week. My girl took her TSX on Sunday and they did a great job. She did 35 fronts and 20 in the rear and it came out clean. She paid 175 with a one year guarantee but this was with a credit card, they didn't charge more cause I didn't pay with cash. I did mines on Wedneday came out ok, I have to take mine back for the drivers side door, some bubbles and a scratch. A little annoyed that I have to take it back, but the overall job is clean. He cut it close to the window so it looks like it came from the factory that way. I will post pics of both cars this weekend. I would definately go back to get work done there, Big Boys is well known out here. The service was pretty good too.

big boyz
Im glad you got a good job becuase it is hard to find. Take it back definitley because im sure they wont help you later on. 180 is good but what brand tint did they use?
Old 05-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Im glad you got a good job becuase it is hard to find. Take it back definitley because im sure they wont help you later on. 180 is good but what brand tint did they use?
not sure, but i will definately find out. I am also ging to ask if he can put on the moleskin too, cause I don't want any scratches later on. Will get back to you with the info.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:04 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by idelgado782
not sure, but i will definately find out. I am also ging to ask if he can put on the moleskin too, cause I don't want any scratches later on. Will get back to you with the info.
Well all, after work today at the shop I decided to take a look at the inside of the door and this rubber trim that has been causing all the scratches. I read many threads about it and decided to see what i can do. I took all the doors off and after looking over it I decided to take a blade and slice off the inner hard peice that everyone is putting felt on. It took me a while to decide I really wantee to do it but I looked it it long and hard then realized it really does not do much. First off, Slim to no water is ever hitting the inner window molding and if it did that little amount wopuld be stopped by the first softer molding. I cut it all the way down on the inside of every door and cleaned the first upper molding. I will keep you all posted in order to let you all know if it will solve the problem. I really think it ill though.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:35 PM

Wow I butchered that, this is what i meant to write...

Well all, after work today at the shop I decided to take a look at the inside of the door and this hard molding that has been causing all the scratches. I read many threads about it and decided to see what i can do.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...tint+scratches

I took all the doors off and after looking over it I decided to take a blade and slice off the inner hard piece that everyone is putting felt on. It took me a while to decide I really wanted to do it but I looked at it long and hard then realized it really does not do much. First off, Slim to no water is ever hitting the inner window molding and if it did that little amount would be stopped by the first softer molding. I cut it all the way down on the inside of every door and cleaned the first upper molding. I will keep you all posted in order to let you all know if it will solve the problem. I really think it will though.

Yay! No More Scratches
Old 05-07-2007, 10:06 AM

Cjams or CCC you out there, Whats your thoughts??
Old 05-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Racer

Anybody know a good shop here in Fresno, CA?
Old 05-08-2007, 03:35 PM

Nope sorry but use the search and you should be able to find one.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Racer

Im getting my car tinted tomorrow. Its going to be 3M tint $225. $25 each window if I want to put felt. Do we really need to put felt on?
Old 05-09-2007, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by TSX559
Im getting my car tinted tomorrow. Its going to be 3M tint $225. $25 each window if I want to put felt. Do we really need to put felt on?
I got mine tinted and within 3 days of using the windows I got a few vertical scratches just like everybody has been saying so what I did but I wont tell you to do it unless you want to and agree, is cut out the inner lower window molding in the door. This requires taking the doors off and you will see the inner molding on the door and that is what causes the scratches. Many people can vouch for it that when this was felted or cut off the scratches stopped. Always keep the molding clean but I decided to cut it off because I did not think it was necessary. I will let everyone know if there are any issues with it but for now it has been fine. I am going to Dynamatt all of the doors fully soon and I will also let you all know if that deadens the sound a lot. People have said the felt glue gets on the window or it doesn’t dry and water streaks stay for along time so I thought this would be better.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:36 PM
Racer

Well I just got my car tinted yesturday. 50% on the fronts and 20% on the rears. I also told them to put felt on. Everything looks great and I can tell the diffrent. Cant really feel the heat anymore. The tints I got are 3M tints. And I paid $415 for them. Im taking my CRV to them and they quoted me at $290 without the felt. They did a great job. Want to see pictures just ask and Ill take them for you guys.

Quick Reply: Amazing Tint shop in Clifton, NJ! 15% all over w/ Pics.