'05 CG Pictures-LOOK!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 12:09 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 CG Pictures-LOOK!

Hello everyone!!

I have been trying to post some pictures of my car for a while and finally was able to do so.

Don't be too disappointed or hate me too much because my car is bone stock. I mean, it is straight off the assembly line, no mods, factory everything STOCK!!

But I still think it is great and wanted to try to post some pics all the same. Plus I have a thing or two in mind for the spring.

Let me know what you think. Good or bad!!

Thanks.

http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc016652gr.jpg

http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc016702de.jpg

http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc016750lg.jpg

http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc018753ka.jpg

http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc018707zg.jpg

http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc018638bv.jpg

http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc016781zx.jpg
Old 12-17-2005, 12:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This whould really be in the Photo section but.....
what can i say BEAUTIFUL COLOR CHOICE .

A bone stock TSX is just an already beautiful canvas waitng for personalization.

Next up....
1. Debadge it
2. Drop It
3. Intake
4. Comptech RSB
then the rest is up to you....just a few of my mandatory mods
Old 12-17-2005, 12:34 AM
Racer

Thanks for being my first reply.

I was originally thinking not to put any pics on because it is stock. I see great looking mod pics all the time on here and was not sure if the stock pics would fit in. But, I am glad I did and I really do appreciate the good review.

Old 12-17-2005, 01:23 AM
Advanced

I hope that post the pics does not cause any problems... I just hate clicking on links that take forever......
Old 12-17-2005, 01:25 AM
Advanced

Thumbs up

Looking great!

Does Debadging it cause any harm to the paint?
Old 12-17-2005, 07:29 AM
Professional Newbie

Originally Posted by Bbasso
Does Debadging it cause any harm to the paint?
Not if you are careful, it is just a matter of not breaking the emblems when you take them off. That is the only way you could damage your paint. Furthermore, waxing the back is MUCH easier w/ no emblems
Old 12-17-2005, 09:06 AM
Pro

Very nice.
once i own the TSX, i will do absolutly no mods, other than tints and navi to dvd.
maybe hood springs for the hood.
i find the car too sexy as is.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:47 AM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by jimstsx
Thanks for being my first reply.

I was originally thinking not to put any pics on because it is stock. I see great looking mod pics all the time on here and was not sure if the stock pics would fit in. But, I am glad I did and I really do appreciate the good review.

nothing to be ashamed of with stock...
Old 12-17-2005, 12:36 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by afici0nad0
nothing to be ashamed of with stock...
Thanks, around where I live if you don't have some ultra-plastic Auto Zone body kit, some fake blue headlights, a huge wing and a soup can exhaust you're not cool.

I'm glad that there are a few places where stock still looks good.

(btw afici, that charlie murphy linestepper quote cracks me up everytime i see it!!)
Old 12-17-2005, 01:40 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Moved to photo gallery.

BTW, nice pics.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:01 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by jlukja
Moved to photo gallery.

BTW, nice pics.

Thanks for the looking...and thanks for moving it to the proper area of the site. My bad for not posting them in the photo section.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:36 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i posted pics of my stock 05CG when i first got it!! it's just that you feel so happy and proud, you just wanna share it!
Old 12-18-2005, 12:14 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,860 Likes on 2,580 Posts
Originally Posted by ILoveMyHonda
This whould really be in the Photo section but.....
what can i say BEAUTIFUL COLOR CHOICE .

A bone stock TSX is just an already beautiful canvas waitng for personalization.

Next up....
1. Debadge it
2. Drop It
3. Intake
4. Comptech RSB
then the rest is up to you....just a few of my mandatory mods
That is so the truth. It is a blank canvas that needs a few mandatory setting done and then the rest is up to you
Old 12-18-2005, 12:42 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Benz_05_TSX
i posted pics of my stock 05CG when i first got it!! it's just that you feel so happy and proud, you just wanna share it!

I really think that the car looks good right from the start. IMO the lines are great and the quality of the build is really good. I would have had the windows tinted already but I didn't want to take it in right when I got the car because I was on the fence with what % I wanted. Now that I know what % I want it is too cold here to tint them properly.

Regardless, when the car is clean, with mods or bone stock, it does cut a great profile. Especially where I am located. It's a sea of domestic vehicles with only the occasional Acura, Lexus or Mercedes.

You know, the dealer still 'owes' me a free detail but I am a bit skeptical of taking them up on that. I would rather do it myself in the cold I think.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:54 PM
Drifting

I really think that the car looks good right from the start. IMO the lines are great and the quality of the build is really good. I would have had the windows tinted already but I didn't want to take it in right when I got the car because I was on the fence with what % I wanted. Now that I know what % I want it is too cold here to tint them properly.

Regardless, when the car is clean, with mods or bone stock, it does cut a great profile. Especially where I am located. It's a sea of domestic vehicles with only the occasional Acura, Lexus or Mercedes.

You know, the dealer still 'owes' me a free detail but I am a bit skeptical of taking them up on that. I would rather do it myself in the cold I think.
Ya, the car DO look good from the start...... but after a while, you will think it looks plain. That's what happen to me, i love the car in the first few months, then fell bored. SO i dropped it!!! and then, DAMN, looks 10x better. Seriously!! ALOT ALOT better. ..... then got bored of it, and now that i got a body kit on, i am loving it again!

I didn't even get tints yet, i planned to, but no time. And you should definitely ask ACURA to do the free detail for you right now, since it's so cold. Unless you aren't afraid of the cold.... but i mean, i don't let anyone touch my car either. i am the only one who drives (rarely dad) and cleans it. But i might go to some Pros to get a professional detail.....
Old 12-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Have camera, will travel

Nice pics!
Old 12-18-2005, 05:23 PM
Racer

Ya, the car DO look good from the start...... but after a while, you will think it looks plain. That's what happen to me, i love the car in the first few months, then fell bored. SO i dropped it!!! and then, DAMN, looks 10x better. Seriously!! ALOT ALOT better. ..... then got bored of it, and now that i got a body kit on, i am loving it again!

I didn't even get tints yet, i planned to, but no time. And you should definitely ask ACURA to do the free detail for you right now, since it's so cold. Unless you aren't afraid of the cold.... but i mean, i don't let anyone touch my car either. i am the only one who drives (rarely dad) and cleans it. But i might go to some Pros to get a professional detail.....

I would like to do a nice drop, that's one of the things that I am thinking about for the spring. The only thing I worry about with the drop is how bad the roads are around here. But a dropped TSX looks good.

I am hesitant about the free detail. I know this sounds odd, but to me, letting the dealership detail my car is like letting someone else take out my girlfriend. I know that they will probably just half a$s it. Although right now it is quite dirty. I may just fire up the garage heater and do it myself.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:32 PM
Luke 1:37

Not bad.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Drifting

I would like to do a nice drop, that's one of the things that I am thinking about for the spring. The only thing I worry about with the drop is how bad the roads are around here. But a dropped TSX looks good.

I am hesitant about the free detail. I know this sounds odd, but to me, letting the dealership detail my car is like letting someone else take out my girlfriend. I know that they will probably just half a$s it. Although right now it is quite dirty. I may just fire up the garage heater and do it myself.
Ya man, a nice drop would look so sweet!!

I know what you mean man! like i don't like people touching my car, but free is free!! haha..... like even if i want to get a detail, ONLY pros, like.. i am planning to go to a AutoSpa for my car, get it detail and make it look nice, since i don't know all that claybaring and waxing. But ya, i can tel you acura WILL do a half ass job, since they are not known for detailing and cleaning, i think all they would do is clean and wash, that's it. Last time i brought my car in and they said they wil guve me a free clean, all they did was wash my car, with WATER, not even soap! i can still see dirt on it and the inside wasn't vacuum...so, i wouldn't really trust Acura.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:56 PM
Racer

Oh man Benz...just water and no soap. That sucks!!!

I used to detail a little bit at a dealer and did it myself for years for my own clients. I'm pretty good with it, but as you said, free is free. All I need is a stretch of nice weather.

Last time I took it into the dealer they had more grease all over the car than you could believe. It looked like the opened a can of oil and spread it all over the inside of my windows.

They basically suck!
Old 12-19-2005, 06:27 AM
Drifting

you do your own detailing? damn, i really wanna learn how to properly claybar and wax a car, i don't wanna mess up and screw the paints all up, so i am scared.

How did they get grease on your car?? that's just wrong, i would definitely complain, i mean, not cleaning is one thing, but making it MORE dirty is unacceptable man!

Ya, my dealer sucks. It looks clean when i first saw it, because they basically just blast all the dirt away, but when i look closely, i can still see some of the stronger ones are left!!

man, you should clean it and post pics!!
Old 12-19-2005, 11:56 AM
Racer

you do your own detailing? damn, i really wanna learn how to properly claybar and wax a car, i don't wanna mess up and screw the paints all up, so i am scared.

How did they get grease on your car?? that's just wrong, i would definitely complain, i mean, not cleaning is one thing, but making it MORE dirty is unacceptable man!

Ya, my dealer sucks. It looks clean when i first saw it, because they basically just blast all the dirt away, but when i look closely, i can still see some of the stronger ones are left!!

man, you should clean it and post pics!!

Yeah, the clay bar isn't as bad as it may seem at first. The key to it is to keep the surface lubricated well and work small areas at a time. Just practice before you do your own car.

As far as the dealer goes, they had used a dirty grease rag to wipe my windows and my dash and what not. I was pi$sed and spoke to some service manager guy and that's why they want to give me a free interior/exterior detail the next time it is in for service.

Here are a few more pics of the car from one of the times I cleaned it in the summer.

(It's still bone stock in these pics also)

http://img323.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc013772zk.jpg

http://img323.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc013109kr.jpg

http://img323.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc016892fv.jpg
Old 12-20-2005, 11:24 PM
Racer

Today was a big day in the life of my TSX...it hit 10K miles!!!
Old 12-21-2005, 01:05 AM
Drifting

Yeah, the clay bar isn't as bad as it may seem at first. The key to it is to keep the surface lubricated well and work small areas at a time. Just practice before you do your own car.

As far as the dealer goes, they had used a dirty grease rag to wipe my windows and my dash and what not. I was pi$sed and spoke to some service manager guy and that's why they want to give me a free interior/exterior detail the next time it is in for service.

Here are a few more pics of the car from one of the times I cleaned it in the summer.

(It's still bone stock in these pics also)

http://img323.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc013772zk.jpg

http://img323.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc013109kr.jpg

http://img323.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc016892fv.jpg
I didn't know how to claybar or wax, that's why i don't want to do my first detail and screw up. It IS my first car... so, i don't wanna mess it up!!

I would be pissed too if my Acura people used dirty rags to clean it. I don't know what i will do though, i wouldn't yell, but i will complain for sure!! Maybe you should stay there next time they detail, make sure they don't skip the steps!!!
Old 12-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Racer

I'm telling you Benz...you could do the clay bar. I mean with a bit of practice you will be a pro in no time. There are a lot of misconceptions with the whole clay bar thing. The secret is just a small space at a time to keep control and a lot of lubrication on the vehicle.

Maybe you could find someone with a POS car and offer to clean if up for them, that way you can get the experience before trying it on your car. But I am confident that you will be able to do it. There are tons of clay bars out there do a little research and pick the one you like the best.

Best of luck!!
Old 12-21-2005, 11:41 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm telling you Benz...you could do the clay bar. I mean with a bit of practice you will be a pro in no time. There are a lot of misconceptions with the whole clay bar thing. The secret is just a small space at a time to keep control and a lot of lubrication on the vehicle.

Maybe you could find someone with a POS car and offer to clean if up for them, that way you can get the experience before trying it on your car. But I am confident that you will be able to do it. There are tons of clay bars out there do a little research and pick the one you like the best.

Best of luck!!

Check out this thread from the Off Topic / Wash & Wax section:

https://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wax-23/ultimate-car-care-faq-273425/, and specifically look at post #5.

That should help. If you need more info just search Wash & wax for "claybar". Its really pretty straightforward. I just use the carwash soap. I wash the car first, then, before I start drying, I mix up a fresh batch of soapwater and clay it. It takes me about 30-40 min. but I've only done it 3 times. Joerockt said that, once you get the hang of it, it takes him 20 min.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:05 AM
Racer

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273425, and specifically look at post #5.

That should help. If you need more info just search Wash & wax for "claybar". Its really pretty straightforward. I just use the carwash soap. I wash the car first, then, before I start drying, I mix up a fresh batch of soapwater and clay it. It takes me about 30-40 min. but I've only done it 3 times. Joerockt said that, once you get the hang of it, it takes him 20 min.

You're 100% right...once you have the hang of it you can clay almost as fast as you wax. Right now with the salt and road grime outside I was lucky to power wash my car today. It looks like trash!

Old 12-22-2005, 01:21 PM
Drifting

Best of luck!!
Haha, thanks man!! I am still scared. Because from what I've heard, if the surface is not lubricated enough, the clay bar can STRAP your paint off I certainly don't want THAT to happen! and that's like a circular motion or something when you are clay baring. I've tried requesting for a video (haha...i am so noob), and still haven't found it! so....maybe i will leave my first time to some pros......haha!
Old 12-22-2005, 01:25 PM
Drifting

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273425, and specifically look at post #5.

wow, only 20 mins?? LIke, i know after claybaring, there's ALOT to follow, like polish and wax and something else....(forgot)....

Thanks for the thread though!! but....i don't use shaving cream when i shave
Old 12-22-2005, 03:17 PM
Have camera, will travel

^^You can use quick detailer wax, too. Mothers makes a nice little kit that works very well. Comes with the clay bar and the quick detailer for about $20.

Benz, it is really easy, and once you see how incredibly smooth it makes the paint, and how well the paint takes the wax, you'll never look back. If you have a TSX it'll be a breeze 'cause the paint won't have many contaminants embedded in it.

If you're anal about detailing, clay bar is a must.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:56 PM
Racer

If you want to use a clay bar a good lubricant for the job is the Quick Detailer and also the Final Inspection. That is the key though....keep the surface as wet as possible!!!!!!!

Best of luck!

Old 12-22-2005, 05:04 PM
Registered Schmegistered

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
Regarding the pics, the crazy angles need to go, but nice car none the less.

And yes the clay bar will do wonders. Not necessarily for a brand new car, but after a few months you'll be amazed at how much sticks to the car. I usualy do it about twice a year.

James
Old 12-22-2005, 08:31 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by itrhybrid
Regarding the pics, the crazy angles need to go, but nice car none the less.

And yes the clay bar will do wonders. Not necessarily for a brand new car, but after a few months you'll be amazed at how much sticks to the car. I usualy do it about twice a year.

James

HAHAHAHAHHAA!!!!

I like the comments on the crazy angle of the pics. You aren't the first person to tell me that...but it's cool anyway.

Thanks for saying the car looked nice...I appreciate it!
Old 12-23-2005, 04:14 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by waTSX
^^You can use quick detailer wax, too. Mothers makes a nice little kit that works very well. Comes with the clay bar and the quick detailer for about $20.

Benz, it is really easy, and once you see how incredibly smooth it makes the paint, and how well the paint takes the wax, you'll never look back. If you have a TSX it'll be a breeze 'cause the paint won't have many contaminants embedded in it.

If you're anal about detailing, clay bar is a must.
Ya, i looked at that Mothers kit and am tempted to buy. However, since it's christmas, i decide to buy a nice gift for my baby, um... i mean my car :troutslap
I decide to bring it to an AUtospa to have it detailed, and that will the be ONLY and LAST time that anyone else except me will be touching the car!!

COme to think of it, i don't think i will even buy my girlfriend a free spa!! haha!
Old 12-23-2005, 11:30 AM
Racer

Ya, i looked at that Mothers kit and am tempted to buy. However, since it's christmas, i decide to buy a nice gift for my baby, um... i mean my car :troutslap
I decide to bring it to an AUtospa to have it detailed, and that will the be ONLY and LAST time that anyone else except me will be touching the car!!

COme to think of it, i don't think i will even buy my girlfriend a free spa!! haha!

HAHAHAHAHAHA......Don't let your GF see that post of you might be in trouble!!! Funny buddy!!

When you really want to get crazy you can wipe the car down with mineral spirits, which will strip everything down and than start building up from there. That is something you have to be careful with, but it takes everything off and than you can start building it up with wax.

Post some pics of your car when it is detailed!!

Old 12-24-2005, 12:00 PM
Racer

For all of you that have enjoyed my crazy angles on pictures...here are a few more for you. HAHAHA!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!

http://img464.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc013086wk.jpg

http://img464.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc013469hu.jpg

http://img464.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc016546kw.jpg
Old 12-24-2005, 04:02 PM
Racer

I know that everyone is probably sick of me updating this thread with nothing too important. However, I detailed the car today and considering that it is December, in OH, I am pretty happy with the results!!! This was my x-mas present for myself!!

I know that the pics are a bit dark but it took me all day to clean the car and I tried to get the last few minutes of daylight for the pics.

How does it look?

http://img446.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc019159ww.jpg

http://img446.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc019113qz.jpg

http://img446.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc019168tu.jpg
Old 01-07-2006, 06:46 PM
Por Favor?

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
the 05 wheels look ALOT sharper.
Old 01-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Racer

Thanks, I think so too!!

There is just something about the '05 rims that look really good for factory.

I'm going to try to detail the car soon. The weather hasn't been all that great around here though.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Looks great!