Originally posted by BDI
Anyone wanna IP log him??
what is paypal phone#?

also what is IP log?
Old 02-05-2004 | 09:26 PM
Intermediate

I can't find a phone number on their site, but you can file a complaint here:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...tections-buyer

Note that one of the requirements is that a claim must be filed within 30 days of the payment transaction. So, for everyone who ordered early, you may want to file a complaint soon. On one hand, I think it's too early to tell if he actually ran away with our money. On the other hand, this group buy was handled pretty poorly and that itself justifies a refund, regardless of whether or not he is legit. If you guys can afford the time, I'd give the guy until the weekend to respond before filing your claims.

Edit: I guess the link doesn't work if you're not already logged in. You can get to the page by going to "Security Center" at the bottom of any page and there will be a link under the, "For Buyers" column to file a claim.
Old 02-05-2004 | 09:35 PM
I spend 2 much time here

what a dickhead!!!

i think from now on we have to really interrogate anyone who has any great deals for us.
Old 02-05-2004 | 09:48 PM
ABP TSX

Many of us do have weapons of persuasion

Just check out the members pictures with GUNS post . . . . all I need is an address.

Just kidding of course. I did not get in on this buy, or I would be very pissed right now.
Old 02-05-2004 | 10:01 PM
Instructor

I already got my credit card transaction disputed and will
get refunded. I made a complaint with paypal already.

What tipped me off, a week ago he said he needed
a couple more orders. What, my order alone was $250,
1/4 of his buyin alone and there was alot of interest out here,
alot of people announcing their purchases. For every one
who announced their purchase is probably 10 more.

Some guys here got my credit card numbers. Internet
purchases were charged to my bank depit card. They
are in Jail now.

He'll get it.

I informed the credit card internet fraud services and paypal
of this site so they can track the communications.
Old 02-05-2004 | 10:46 PM
Racer

Originally posted by TSXTim
I already got my credit card transaction disputed and will
get refunded. I made a complaint with paypal already.

What tipped me off, a week ago he said he needed
a couple more orders. What, my order alone was $250,
1/4 of his buyin alone and there was alot of interest out here,
alot of people announcing their purchases. For every one
who announced their purchase is probably 10 more.

Some guys here got my credit card numbers. Internet
purchases were charged to my bank depit card. They
are in Jail now.

He'll get it.

I informed the credit card internet fraud services and paypal
of this site so they can track the communications.
I would give him until tomorrow afternoon before I dispute the transaction...

come on think about it ... He had the time to response to all our questions specially since it trying to start a store online ... I would have been checking my e-mails and answering questions all day long. He could have really made some money in legit way (Considering that many of us on this forum alone would have come back to get more parts from his store) ...Also depending on the amount of money he ran away with. He might even see the FBI at his door step that would be fun to watch... I had a friend's of my friend that did something stupid like this; and the FBI fucking caught him while he was coming back to his house from grocery store…

I am not too worry about it ...
Old 02-06-2004 | 10:20 AM
Advanced

Hey Everyone,
Well well, you all have been very busy posting here in the past day or 2. People sure do jump to conclusions pretty fast! Anyways, I have not been able to get onto the forums because I have been very busy with work and this online store but have been checking emails and responding to all within 24 hours.

Well, Im not here to argue because it is a waste of time and will not solve anything. I said the finally date for order placements was Wednesday February 4th. As soon as all monies were transferred from PayPal into my business checking account, I processed the orders with my distributor. I am hoping to get tracking #’s from them as soon as all the items are shipped from the warehouse which should be by this afternoon or Tomorrow the latest!

Once again, I appreciate those of you who were patient with this group buy and I apologize for any confusion any of you had about this. Once again, if you need to get in touch with me, you must email me at shop@importave.com and I will respond within 24 hours. As I said, I am unable to come to this forum often lately. Thank you!
Old 02-06-2004 | 10:45 AM
Advanced

Well, After reviewing all the records, since 3 orders were reversed from Wednesday to today, the grand total for the group buy is now $876.86 to be exact which is clearly under the $1000 limit. Because of this, I am forced to cancel the entire group buy and will refund the remaining 4 orders.

To those of you that think this is a scam, I would like to use an example. The customer who wanted a suspension system for his Prelude cancelled the order and asked for a refund for $373. If this was a scam, why would I refund him the money? I would assume a criminal would keep it all to himself, right? Well, you should all have your refunds in your account by early next week.

I would like to apologize to those who were patient and sent all concerns to me personally through email. I wish this did not have to affect everyone but it is out of my control. Please forward any questions to shop@importave.com regarding the refunds. Thank you.
Old 02-06-2004 | 10:59 AM
Stokeless

i didnt order anything but when things dont happen when they are said to happen..people in general freak out especially when its online and its not face to face. i also have a business lic. under Next Level Performance and my distributor is dynamic from LA. i just havent figured out a website shopping cart thing so i just order over the phone with them for myself and team members. kinda scared to start a site but i might one day
Old 02-06-2004 | 11:09 AM
Advanced

I can understand that, however, I said the dealine for orders was the 4th by the end of they day. No les than 36 hours ago and I had reversed orders coming in already on the 4th, and 5th! I am not a patient person myself, but having an order reversed that soon is beyond me. oh well. Just going to reverse this and put it behind all of us.

Once again I apologize to those who understood the concept of the group buy and were being patient and contacted me by email.
Old 02-06-2004 | 12:10 PM
Racer

Originally posted by markyd23
I can understand that, however, I said the dealine for orders was the 4th by the end of they day. No les than 36 hours ago and I had reversed orders coming in already on the 4th, and 5th! I am not a patient person myself, but having an order reversed that soon is beyond me. oh well. Just going to reverse this and put it behind all of us.

Once again I apologize to those who understood the concept of the group buy and were being patient and contacted me by email.

dude you are the one that fuck up... if you really wanted to work on YOUR online store you had been very profesional and with your eyes peeled for our emails... I sent you $620 USD not fucking candy I want to know where my money is and what you are doing with it... that is why some other members freak out they wanted know where there money was...

THank you for your refund Tho ... and GOOD luck with your online business shit
Old 02-06-2004 | 12:58 PM
cmf
ATCer

I e-mailed you over 48 hours ago, never got a reply, who's bullshitting who here?
Old 02-06-2004 | 01:07 PM
Advanced

I am sorry to those who feel the need to use vulgar language here, but I guess it turns out that was the class of people I am glad I will not be dealing with. Well, no point in bickering, I knowI have a good reputation on Paypal because I have been selling DVD's on my site for almost 2 years. Im not going to bother explaining anything else here because it has proved to be a waste of time.

If there are any questions about refunds, email me.
Old 02-06-2004 | 04:35 PM
I spend 2 much time here

dick
Old 02-06-2004 | 05:31 PM
BDI
Banned

So did everyone get their refund on this?? How long will it take?? I haven't gotten it yet......you have mail.
Old 02-06-2004 | 06:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

got my refund already
Old 02-06-2004 | 06:34 PM
Racer

Originally posted by BDI
So did everyone get their refund on this?? How long will it take?? I haven't gotten it yet......you have mail.
I got it
Old 02-06-2004 | 06:45 PM
BDI
Banned

Did he just give to you or did you have to complain first.
Old 02-06-2004 | 07:23 PM
Instructor

Got my refund. Sorry to have misjudged you.

There was no other recourse when you didn't reply
to email and dissapeared from this board for a week.
Old 02-06-2004 | 07:34 PM
Intermediate

I'm still waiting for my refund too, BDI.
Old 02-06-2004 | 08:26 PM
Racer

Originally posted by BDI
Did he just give to you or did you have to complain first.
I guess after I filled the complain with paypal
Old 02-08-2004 | 12:53 AM

sorry, MIA this past week since I was away and had limited access to the net...

sorry to be the prelude guy with the refund...but mark did refund me the money that I had initially been charged to my credit card...sad to see this GB turn out the way it did, having your own biz and operating a site does take up a lot of time. but i was a little paranoid as well when i didnt receive same day responses to my emails so i can understand why ppl were freaking out. good luck and thanks for setting up the GB...
Old 02-08-2004 | 09:22 PM
Burning Brakes

i was going to place an order before the deadline but i needed to ask marky about some info. since i couldnt, i couldnt make an order.
Old 02-09-2004 | 11:18 PM
BDI
Banned

Alright........It's been days and my emails have not been replied yet nor my refund has come through. This is not cool.
Old 02-10-2004 | 08:28 AM
Intermediate

I got an email from PayPal this morning, saying that my refund is pending. I'm sure you'll be getting one soon, too.
Old 02-10-2004 | 05:48 PM
Intermediate

I also got an email from Paypal today about my refund.
Old 02-10-2004 | 05:51 PM
Racer

Originally posted by BDI
Alright........It's been days and my emails have not been replied yet nor my refund has come through. This is not cool.
did you filed a complain with paypal? if you have and you have not receive an e-mail from paypal ... it is because our friend “Marky” hasn't release or sent the refund... it is a dispute process... I would suggest contacting you credit card company

good luck man
Old 02-10-2004 | 07:47 PM
BDI
Banned

Originally posted by Delmiroc
did you filed a complain with paypal? if you have and you have not receive an e-mail from paypal ... it is because our friend “Marky” hasn't release or sent the refund... it is a dispute process... I would suggest contacting you credit card company

good luck man
nope I didn't file because I didn't think I needed to. But now I see his credibility as a businessman has gone way downhill. I'm going to file now.
Old 02-11-2004 | 12:53 AM
Advanced

As you all can see I am a man of my word and you have all gotten your refunds or notices sent to you saying that your refund is pending. As soon as your credit cards accept the refund, this will all be cleared up.

I am not sure why there are still some that feel the need to judge my business ethics after all you can see for yourself everyone is posting that they have gotten their refunds already or have recieved notices that the refund is in process.
Old 02-14-2004 | 12:12 PM
Instructor

Marky just want to let you know that some of us realize that you were trying to do the forum community a favor, so I for one don't hold any ill will against you. Good luck in your other ventures.