Where Are The Turbo Kits!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 02:10 AM
Special-K

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where Are The Turbo Kits!?

I've been reading previous threads on company's coming out with Turbo Kits but that was years ago...so where are the kits now?? CyberNation was suppose to have had a kit come out over 8months ago..at that time, they claimed that they couldnt get a TSX and when they get one they said it was gonna be about 2weeks to boost it..well how come they couldnt get ahold of TSX within 8months?? Im ready to start spending money (Project TSX) and i want more power than a Reflash/Bolt-Ons..and not interested in superchargers (sorry Comptech). For now im just doing suspension/body work until a Turbo Kit surfaces..so i'll have a fast looking TSX that really isnt as fast as i may have it looking..lol Is anyone that wants more power (TURBO) feeling the way i am right now!! ?? Im seriously thinking of going custom with the Turbo Setup.. I mean i want to spend money..but i dont know about all the money im gonna have to fork out for a custom setup..might be too rich for my blood! SO SOMEONE COME OUT WITH A COMPLETE TURBO KIT!!
Old 05-27-2005, 07:29 AM
Stokeless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am feeling you. I have a custom turbo kit that is 60% complete. The turbo manifold is made and tack welded but not seam welded. Its just really fustrating. Even if I get it finished I cant use it. There is no way to tune the car. Do a search for Kpro or VAFC II. You will soon learn Hondata isnt making a Kpro as of yet. And if they do it will be at LEAST 18 months till they come out with one. The APEXi VAFC doesnt work on our car. I tried it. ended up messin some stuff up. If apex comes out with a wiring diagram that works with our car then I will try again but I am not gonna sit there trying to use a manual to figure it all out again. Someone else can do that. So for now I am just shooting up the NO2 =)
Old 05-27-2005, 08:58 AM
Automobile Aficionado

I also hear you. I am patiently waiting for turbo. But i am starting to wonder if these companies even consider the TSX as a good candidate for a boost. Is the market really there for a turbo kit? I dont know and if you read these boards their does seem to be interest, but the people that are buyign TSX"s are not the type for a turbo. The only future thing i see happening in regards to a turbo, is the new 4cyl. 260HP turbocharged RDX motor in the TSX maybe by 08. We can hope for something like that. But that is a whole new discussion especially how much that will increase the "affordable" price of the TSX. As of now, it doesnt look promising. Even if a turbo kit comes around, proper tuning will be more important.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:09 AM
Stokeless

I got most the foot work done on a custom kit just no way to tune it. I have a turbo, waste gate, BOV, fuel pump and boost controller and even a manifold which is 90% done all sittin here waiting for a Kpro or a way to use some sort of piggy back even to run a small amount of boost. I am really fustrated and right now if I could do it I would swap out with a K20a and use a kpro. But I love my AC to much.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:26 AM
Special-K

I dont see the management system being a problem to find..remember there is a kit already out (DazzTSX). I think its bolted with the HKS Turbo system..and i think they used a HKS Management system..so if i was to go custom i would try to do an almost exact setup as the HKS Turbo Kit. Im about to call this Turbo Shop over here on the East Coast..they were on a couple magz months ago..they made the fastest EVO on the East Coast. They are called Turbotrix Racing located in Edison New Jersey..when i had my Matrix XRS, i went there to get it Dyno'd..and they had a Celica GTS there that they made a custom turbo for..so i'll call them see what they say about boosting the TSX
Old 05-27-2005, 11:39 AM
Special-K

Ok..just found out that the Management system they used for the DazzTSX was a F-CON V Pro Engine Management unit..
Old 05-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I thought Mr. HeelToe was developing a Turbokit?
Old 05-27-2005, 12:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
my Turbo system is now on hold for a while now!!!! Good luck to Comptech!
MrHeeltoe's comment from the supercharger thread... So, it might be awhile before we see anything.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:51 PM
Stokeless

Originally Posted by PrecyseStylez
Ok..just found out that the Management system they used for the DazzTSX was a F-CON V Pro Engine Management unit..
How does it work I am not familiar with HKS products I usually use Apexi and greddy...and if you can find a wiring diagram on how to do it I will be turbo charged in less than 6 months.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Apex Clipper

I was actually thinking of using the HKS kit for the RSX and just have a new manifold fab'd up. Remember, the SCC TSX project car used a RSX Hondata unit beore the reflash was out, but they had to redo all the guages. A stand alone would be the best bet like the F-Con. You just need a competant shop with a dyno available since there are no preset maps available...
Old 05-27-2005, 04:07 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The TSX deserves some turbo loving.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:21 PM
Got Milk???

I'm interested in a Turbo system, but by the time any respectable companies come out with one, I see myself getting a new car, either a lexus IS or infiniti g35c
Old 05-27-2005, 10:55 PM
Engineer

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by PrecyseStylez
Im about to call this Turbo Shop over here on the East Coast..they were on a couple magz months ago..they made the fastest EVO on the East Coast. They are called Turbotrix Racing located in Edison New Jersey..when i had my Matrix XRS, i went there to get it Dyno'd..and they had a Celica GTS there that they made a custom turbo for..so i'll call them see what they say about boosting the TSX
turbotrix is pretty nasty, they got my friends evo running a 12.4 on the stock clutch... the car is pushing 325hp and 325-330lbs-ft of torque at the wheels now...

my friend loved their work and said the know what they are doing...
Old 05-30-2005, 06:15 AM
Special-K

Originally Posted by savage
turbotrix is pretty nasty, they got my friends evo running a 12.4 on the stock clutch... the car is pushing 325hp and 325-330lbs-ft of torque at the wheels now...

my friend loved their work and said the know what they are doing...
With that shop..i think they just know EVO...i went there and had to have seen 6 Evo's parked in the back and about a dozen late model Eclipse's either GSX's or GST's.. But im really thinkin of goin with a custom turbo setup if no kits come out by the end of summer
Old 05-30-2005, 09:31 AM
Drives With Hands

How can anybody make a custom turbo system if no means to program our ECU is available? I always thought that was the main holdup. I guess a piggyback ECU could do it but those things suck, and who knows how well an i-VTEC engine would react to having a piggyback interfere with business.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:17 PM
Banned

Maybe when they come out with a turbocharged TSX engine in 2006 or 07' people will sell thiers as an OEM turbo kit. That is if they use the existing 2.4L I4...
Old 05-31-2005, 08:19 PM
Special-K

Originally Posted by rmpage
How can anybody make a custom turbo system if no means to program our ECU is available? I always thought that was the main holdup. I guess a piggyback ECU could do it but those things suck, and who knows how well an i-VTEC engine would react to having a piggyback interfere with business.
there are alot of piggy backs that may work..one thats working is the F-CON V Pro Engine Management Unit thats workin for the DazzTSX thats pushing 370WHP..i dont think the engine management is the problem.. its the fact that the turbo kits might now sell..so companies arent just gonna put out kits and not have them sell..
Old 05-31-2005, 08:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Engine management is the main problem. The rest of the componets are simply off the shelf items and they are readily availalble. The only other items that would require fabrication are the manifold and the intercooler tubing. The problem is no one would/should buy the turbo kit without the proper engine management. You can always use FMU and piggybacks, but why? There's only so much a piggyback can do.

The F-Con V pro is not cheap at $1400 and it's not plug-n-play.

http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=1965
Old 06-01-2005, 02:32 PM
Special-K

Originally Posted by JTso
Engine management is the main problem. The rest of the componets are simply off the shelf items and they are readily availalble. The only other items that would require fabrication are the manifold and the intercooler tubing. The problem is no one would/should buy the turbo kit without the proper engine management. You can always use FMU and piggybacks, but why? There's only so much a piggyback can do.

The F-Con V pro is not cheap at $1400 and it's not plug-n-play.

http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=1965
The F-Con is not cheap just like any other engine management unit..how much does a Kpro run?? or a PFC?? all around the same price..you gotta pay to play
Old 06-01-2005, 04:23 PM
Senior Moderator

No K-pro for the TSX yet, but K-pro for the RSX is $995. I agree that you have to pay to play. However, you can plug-n-play with the Hondata. With the other ECUs, you get to pay, spend hours of wiring sensors, then play.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Drives With Hands

Do they replace the stock ECU completely or just certian functions? For the former....wow that's a lot of work to design one, especially for a car like the TSX.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:36 PM
Senior Moderator

A standalone replaces the ECU, whereas piggybacks controls limited functions. If you like the Hondata reflash and the power it provides, just imagine the K-pro is all that plus the ability to make changes to fuel/ignition maps, vtec, disable certain sensors, and datalogging. etc.

Not to mention it's OBD2 compliance which means it will pass emission inspection for some states that don't require visual inspections. All they do is to plug in their tester to the diagnostic port and read store codes. This feature is a big deal which is even better than Hondata's earlier engine management systems, which utilize an OBD1 ECU with an adapter for OBD2 vehicles.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:15 AM
Special-K

Originally Posted by JTso
No K-pro for the TSX yet, but K-pro for the RSX is $995. I agree that you have to pay to play. However, you can plug-n-play with the Hondata. With the other ECUs, you get to pay, spend hours of wiring sensors, then play.
Yea i know that the Kpro isnt out for the TSX..so there for we have to work with what we have available...if it works then we have to use it if we want boost..so if i have to spend $1400 for an engine management unit, then i guess i gotta do what i have to do..if i can make nice power with a piggy back then that'll have to do..370WHP is more than enough and if that management system can help make that much power then its worth it. Cybernation were talkin about using an engine management unit called Guardian..they used it for their RSX-s.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:02 AM
Racer

hey stoke

if by any chance u still got the VAFC II lying around

ill be willing to give it a shot

i got all my books here ready

ill be willing to take time out and experiment

let me know guys