The ultimate TSX/ Reliable M3-eater

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 01:35 PM
Master Graphic Artist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LB-TSX
The TSX that Sports Compact Magazine is working on is extremely close to the M3 on a slalom, plus does better on a skidpad. A little more power and the TSX would own an M3 on any track.
M3 = RWD

Which I'll take over any FWD car... too bad I think the TSX is just really sexy and couldn't resist buying it.

I got the TSX for the looks, not the power =P
Old 07-02-2005, 04:48 PM
Banned

if you look at the history of scca, there must have been thousands of bmw's that raced against 3 (RSX, R, TSX) acura/honda cars for close to 10 years.... that's like 1000:1 odds for acura and honda because so many fools think that only bmw 3 series RWD can win races. but open your eyes people, bmw rarely never win for someone who fields so many of their cars. the only reason scca isnt really popular in the US is because people dont want to face reality. if bmw's had like 9 years of championships against acura/honda, the scca would've been very popular, like bmw. but people dont pay attention to it in detail because their love bmw never wins. they think something is wrong with it or make excuses like all you fools in acurazine are doing for bmw right now. people need to open their eyes and see reality and look at who actaully wins and against what odds. please, if you are going to be a member of acurazine, please dont be a dumbass and diss your own car. there are many dumbasses today who posts thinking bmw is superior like right now. i just want to say all you guys are dumbasses and cant see reality and prolly have problems in real life as well.

please people, instead of voicing your dumb opinions, just look at the results and form your conclusions. remember, the results or the ends are the most important in life. I dont care if you have this and that and this and that and all that (smg, rwd, and etc etc), just show me you can win and win a fucking race and i'll support you too bmw.

bottom line: I don't care what you bmw lovers brag about, can you guys just stop talking shit and win a race?
Old 07-02-2005, 09:08 PM
Banned

and all the friggin moderators who keep supporting bmw should be fired lololololol loooooooooooooool
this is acurazine, why the hell do we have traitors and spies as our moderators?
Old 07-02-2005, 09:14 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by taewlee
and all the friggin moderators who keep supporting bmw should be fired lololololol loooooooooooooool
this is acurazine, why the hell do we have traitors and spies as our moderators?
Old 07-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Racer

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
Old 07-05-2005, 01:39 PM
jmf
Need for Speed

Driving a TSX and wanting an M3 is natural; you can't help it even if you hate BMW and think everyone who drives one is a snob. It is kind of like that really hot chick that you know is way out of your league, so you find something wrong with her to justify why you aren't going to get even close to her. For the most part, all of us on this forum love Honda/Acura and the TSX, but we wouldn't mind waking up next to an M3 after a night of drinking.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:34 PM
Banned

hot chicks are easy, they're usually just looking for someone fun

m3 is not a hot chick.....
m3 is like a gold digging chick who doesnt give you enough sex for your money.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Banned

and im not saying all bmw drivers are snobs, i know alot of people with 3 series who are down to earth, and these innocent down to earth people i know also get sucked into the bmw is ultimate saying and think that bmw is the ultimate. i hate it out how stereotypes brainwash innocent cool people too. when i talk to random people about cars, 75% of the time, they're be saying some bs like nothing in the world can beat bimmers and it's frigging annoying cause german cars are not invincible
Old 07-05-2005, 07:08 PM
Racer

and im not saying all bmw drivers are snobs, i know alot of people with 3 series who are down to earth, and these innocent down to earth people i know also get sucked into the bmw is ultimate saying and think that bmw is the ultimate. i hate it out how stereotypes brainwash innocent cool people too. when i talk to random people about cars, 75% of the time, they're be saying some bs like nothing in the world can beat bimmers and it's frigging annoying cause german cars are not invincible
Why do people have to be pigeon-holed into a group based on the car they currently happen to own?

I've had the pleasure of owning a variety of sports cars over the years from Alfa Romeo, Honda, and BMW, to name a few. I always enjoyed the strengths and weaknesses of each car, but never placed any of my own self-worth in their ownership. They are simply cars that I love for different reasons - and that includes the TSX.

Personally, I never considered my TSX a true "sports car." It's FWD, 60/40 weight distribution, lack of LSD, and 3300# curb weight just don't fit into my definition of a "sports car." That doesn't mean that it isn't a fine, sporty, performance sedan that is quick, responsive, and fun to drive. It is all of those things, and more.

What's important is that you love your TSX, and it's the right car for you. Be glad you found such a terrific car to pair up with, and don't worry about the reasons why others may have found it lacking for their particular wants/needs.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,792 Likes on 2,556 Posts
Originally Posted by PixelHarmony
M3 = RWD

Which I'll take over any FWD car... too bad I think the TSX is just really sexy and couldn't resist buying it.

I got the TSX for the looks, not the power =P
I agree
Old 07-05-2005, 09:17 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan Martin
If you (taewlee) haven't noticed, ever since this board beginned, when there have been BMW vs TSX threads we have all debated and argued quite strongly for the TSX. However, we are not blind and illusionned, we very well know BMW has strong qualities in their favor, and there's nothing wrong with being in awe with an M3, a 330 or hell even with a 325.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:54 PM
Banned

heil bimmer!
Old 07-06-2005, 12:27 AM
Drives With Hands

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All this talk of turbocharging doesn't make a lot of sense since no means of engine management exists yet. Who knows when that will happen. Or if it will even happen. Unless a programmable ECU is used, the only way a turbocharger will work with our engine will be with a piggyback unit. And those kinda suck. I'd rather stick with NA in that case.

Anyway, this comparison is rather silly. You may as well make a thread about modifying a TSX to beat a LS2 GTO in the 1/4 mile. Certain cars are just superior at certain tasks by virtue of their design parameters. Same reason a B-52 can't dogfight and a F-15 can't carpet bomb. Yes, that's an exaggeration, but you get my point.

Also, what's so great about Redline oil that warranted listing it as some kind of significant aspect of performance enhancement?

heil bimmer!
Are you actually going to contribute something worth reading or do you just like the sound your keyboard makes when you bang your head against it?
Old 07-06-2005, 01:40 AM
Racer

if you look at the history of scca, there must have been thousands of bmw's that raced against 3 (RSX, R, TSX) acura/honda cars for close to 10 years.... that's like 1000:1 odds for acura and honda because so many fools think that only bmw 3 series RWD can win races. but open your eyes people, bmw rarely never win for someone who fields so many of their cars. the only reason scca isnt really popular in the US is because people dont want to face reality. if bmw's had like 9 years of championships against acura/honda, the scca would've been very popular, like bmw. but people dont pay attention to it in detail because their love bmw never wins. they think something is wrong with it or make excuses like all you fools in acurazine are doing for bmw right now. people need to open their eyes and see reality and look at who actaully wins and against what odds. please, if you are going to be a member of acurazine, please dont be a dumbass and diss your own car. there are many dumbasses today who posts thinking bmw is superior like right now. i just want to say all you guys are dumbasses and cant see reality and prolly have problems in real life as well.

please people, instead of voicing your dumb opinions, just look at the results and form your conclusions. remember, the results or the ends are the most important in life. I dont care if you have this and that and this and that and all that (smg, rwd, and etc etc), just show me you can win and win a fucking race and i'll support you too bmw.

bottom line: I don't care what you bmw lovers brag about, can you guys just stop talking shit and win a race?
Hmmm.
the m3 vs. tsx topic is pretty lame, but when i can to your post. I think you really dont know what your talking about.
first off, the pro scca races are race cars and they are Heavily modded
you cant say its the car that wins the race. its the drivers. do you see the cars getting the trophy when they win? NO the drivers do.
every cars have to follow the limits/regulations set by scca, so every car is pretty much equal, or points are deducted for having more advantages, like hp, weight, tires, wheel size and things like that. so you can't say honda/acura is better because they win races. its the drivers.
http://www.realtimerl.com/cars/tsx.htm
I see a lot of different brand parts, not 100% HONDA or ACURA. so its not a pure honda car.
In nascar, every cars are fords or chevys. then why is it that the other fords and chevys dont win? Only the small same group of drivers win. they are all fords and chevys right?
see, the shell might be same, but whats in the car is different, all the parts. and not all the cars get the same race time or everyone has equal amounts of wins. according to what your saying, the fords should be winning all the races or all the chevys should be winning all the time. each car and drive have different race times. why? because each driver is differently skilled and each car is built differently, just like the cars in scca.
what about in Le Mans, Audi always have 3 cars in the race, the Audi R8 and they have been winning 1,2,3 for the past few years. then Audis should be the best car in the world. well, thats according to what your saying.
So you can NOT be saying TSX is better because they been winning scca races.
I hope this makes sense.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:50 AM
Banned

it's not the drivers....

here's why:

michael galati and peter cunningham. both are champion quality drivers. galati has won for 1st for acura and audi in the past but when he switched to volvo and mercedes benz, he started sucking. cunningham used to win all the time for acura, but when he switched to nissan, he started performing poorly. after he switched back to acura, he started winning again. once again, both are consistent, realiable, and excellent drivers who have potential of being 1st. however, when they switch cars, they start losing, and when they go back to their old cars, they start winning again. it's like a controlled experiment. you keep most factors consistent, like the tracks, competitors and their cars, and same driver, only they tried driving with different cars with different results. is it just me or can anyone else see this?

as for the cars, the engine, chassis, and body are from factory. i think they are the 3 main ingredients to car as it is the heart, skeleton, and face/body of the car. as my track instructor once told me, honda cars come as regular joes stock. you gotta work em out to become race ready (mods), whereas bimmer's are sold stock as more race ready, so it's unfair to compare stock hondas with stock bimmers.

anyways, obviously no one in here understands any of this so lets stop wasting our time on this forum lol
Old 07-07-2005, 05:09 AM
Moderator Alumnus

it's not the drivers....

here's why:

michael galati and peter cunningham. both are champion quality drivers. galati has won for 1st for acura and audi in the past but when he switched to volvo and mercedes benz, he started sucking. cunningham used to win all the time for acura, but when he switched to nissan, he started performing poorly. after he switched back to acura, he started winning again. once again, both are consistent, realiable, and excellent drivers who have potential of being 1st. however, when they switch cars, they start losing, and when they go back to their old cars, they start winning again. it's like a controlled experiment. you keep most factors consistent, like the tracks, competitors and their cars, and same driver, only they tried driving with different cars with different results. is it just me or can anyone else see this?

as for the cars, the engine, chassis, and body are from factory. i think they are the 3 main ingredients to car as it is the heart, skeleton, and face/body of the car. as my track instructor once told me, honda cars come as regular joes stock. you gotta work em out to become race ready (mods), whereas bimmer's are sold stock as more race ready, so it's unfair to compare stock hondas with stock bimmers.

anyways, obviously no one in here understands any of this so lets stop wasting our time on this forum lol
Soo... Just what is your point?

BTW, put Galati in a BMW, and he'll win.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:18 AM
Banned

le mans is called an endurance race, therefore, i think it tests alot of endurance?
maybe that's why they are called "endurance" race? of course performance matters as you will get more laps done in a given amount of time, but i think le mans is for the most part testing the mental endurance of drivers to drive 24 hours straight. so i consider le mans and all endurance races more driver oriented.

as for SCCA, i think it's awesome and underrated like honda. there is no other touring car league in the world where so many different models are used in the most fair way. I consider it most fair because america for the most part is neutral. in japanese leagues like the super gt (formerly jgtc) japanese cars dominate... go figure... in european leages, european cars dominate, go figure again. but in america, there is no home advantage. japanese cars and europeans cars are all on visitor soil. this is why i consider SCCA the most balanced touring car league in the world and honda still dominates against many ultimate driving machines for many years. so why are they ultimate?

anyways, SCCA doesnt get enough attention because honda wins all the time. indy500 and cart are losing interest and going bankrupt because honda wins all the time. like i said before, people dont want to see what they dont want to see, most people dont want to see honda winning and want to look down on hondas and acuras as rice, so they dont watch it and dont care.

hey, i dont mean to hurt anyone's feelings here, but seriously take a look at society. society for the most part, says bimmers are ultimate. but they're not! and society has been wrong plenty of times in numerous past occasions, like flat earth! ultimate = unbeatable or setting the bar = bmw = flat earth!!@$! please do not follow societal stereotypes as they are often wrong. as acura tsx owners, i wish you guys would not wimper and run away from bmw's as they are not that great.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sauceman

it's 3:00am, isnt it past your bedtime?
Old 07-07-2005, 05:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sauceman

here's I'll be nice and spell it out for you...

cars make a difference in this race... as different cars for the same drivers showed changes in their performance. when they switched back to the old cars, they start doing better again. this shows that the kind of car you drive makes a difference on whether you win or not.

so once again, cars make a difference, and there are many bimmer cars and few hondas. if cars make a difference and bimmers are ultimate cars, shouldnt they be in favor of winning over FWD mazdas and hondas?

drivers make a difference as well. but do you think FWD cars for mazda and acura just magically get the best of the best drivers and all those poor chumps in their bimmers are all poor drivers? most drivers for the SCCA in the Touring class are all bimmer RWD drivers! they out number the FWD drivers but they still lose! i guess it's not really mazda or acura cars that are helping to win championships but it's cause they just luckily get the best drivers all the time.

here's the advantages bimmers have:
RWD
V6
50/50 weight ratio
more # of drivers
more teams
more cars
more fans from acurazine

but they keep losing champion titles year after year to hondas and you guys are still making excuses for bimmer's poor performances when you drive a honda lol.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:06 AM
Banned

here's a better way to look at the odds

bmw:
RWD
50:50 weight ratio
V6
many many teams
16 out of 40 cars
16 out of 40 drivers
bmw loving moderators from acurazine

acura:
FWD
60:40 weight ratio
I4
ONE team
4 out of 40 cars
4 out of 40 drivers
only taewlee supports acura more than bmw from acurazine

these are incredible odds acura is facing.... in every category, from its fans to engine to drivetrain to weight ratio to # of teams to # of drivers (4x1 odds) acura is beat by bmw. oh well, go acura! lol
Old 07-07-2005, 06:21 AM
Banned

lastly, mazda 6's have been running faster than 3 series... isnt that scary? a couple of mazda 6's going faster than a gang of 3 series and catching up to our tsx?
Old 07-07-2005, 06:24 AM
Instructor

Geez, I just checked back in on this thread.

The "ultimate driving machine" is a world-class marketing/advertising slogan. It has embedded itself in society much like "just do it". Advertising does not translate into absolute truth. I think that BMW is good enough that most people respect the brand. People who understand & are passionate about cars know that their tagline is just a tagline - what about Ferrari, McLaren, Caterham - these are all "ultimate" in their respective camps. If BMW were "ultimate" they wouldn't need Dinan or Breyton or Alpina to tighten up their cars.

BMW has decades of racing history to pull from and incorporate in their everyday cars, this makes a difference. They were racing when Honda was putting out the initial cars. Acura was the first "premium" re-brand. Lexus, Infinity followed. The cars we compare to have been their own separate brand for a long time (Audi, BMW, Benz). We are playing catch up. It's going fast, but we're gaining ground. Just see what the next 10 years of Acura has to hold.

At the end of the day, we're enthusiasts and Acura is not historically geared for enthusiasts - with some exceptions like the ITR & NSX. But the people that drove the ITR would not like the TSX as much as we like to think of the TSX as a 4 door integra. There was a 4 door Integra, but it was not in the same league as the ITR.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:32 AM
Banned

sauceboy.... this means mazda is getting faster... and this is why i think lincoln/ford is rebadging mazda 6 as the lincoln zephyr and ford something sports sedan replacing the old lincoln LS sedans. Mazda 6 aka "TSX killer" is a bigger threat to TSX than a gang of 3 series.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Moderator Alumnus

lastly, mazda 6's have been running faster than 3 series... isnt that scary? a couple of mazda 6's going faster than a gang of 3 series and catching up to our tsx?
Puhleaase. Do you really believe you're schooling me or something?

Do you know exactly why Mazdas are following the TSX? 2 reasons: A) Their stock gearbox was so weak that they wouldn't hold up during one single race. Basically, they were allowed to use a sequential gearbox, putting them at an advantage over the rest of the field. Right there, because of a deficient equipment, one could argue they can't really compete with anyone while the others are using factory gearboxes.

Also, B) While TSX's and BMWs caryy lots of rewards weight, the Mazda 6 was running as light as a feather. As soon as they received rewards weight, they shot way back to mid-pack.

At any rate, you look like you're shooting just about anywhere as long as you don't have to give credit to BMW's

Who cares anyway..
Old 07-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

I think everyone made their point in this thread, its just rambling on. There hasn't been any useful posts in 2 pgs
Old 07-08-2005, 04:37 AM
Moderator Alumnus

You're quite right!