Tsx536's - Auto 5AT - w/ Comptech Supercharger - Dyno / Pics (No 56K)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 12:02 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^ The advertised 200 HP is at the crank (i.e. at the output of the engine). The automatic transmission is inherently less efficient at trasferring power from the engine crank to the wheels than the manual transmission. The dyno numbers were measured at the wheels which shows that the more efficient MT with approx. 187hp while the less efficient AT only shows approx. 167hp. (both numbers are peak hp after reflash).
Old 02-23-2006, 08:04 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Attention Comptech Supercharger Owners: Please READ

I was at Comptech last Friday getting my Hi flow Cat installed. When I was down there then they double checked everything on my Supercharger and did some preventative maintenance. It's just preventative maintenance, so you would probably be fine even if you didn't do it, but it's better to be safe then sorry. I just wanted to post some pics of what was done, so that the current SC owners could make sure to do the same things on their cars.

Make sure to have the wiring going from the fuel rail to the main harness tied down to the tab on the side of the throttle body. This is the wire that runs from the fuel rail,to under the right side of the blower. It then runs in front of the blower under the bypass valve to around where the belt tensioner is. This wiring should already be protected with the black wire loom, just make sure it's not loose.

Name:  Connector2.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  39.6 KB

The next shot is of the intake air bypass thermal valve hose that runs to the intake tube. It's the hose that runs to the very right of the IAT sensor on the intake tube. Mine had a small kink in it. Just make sure yours has no kinks. I didn't notice any performance difference with or without the kink, but I would still check it. If there is a kink, then try to straighten the hose out. You might even have to tie to the coolant hose for awhile if it doesn't want to move.

Name:  Hose2.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  69.4 KB
Old 02-23-2006, 08:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really like how those Advans look....are you going to lower the car any more?
Old 02-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Originally Posted by SimpleWhite
I really like how those Advans look....are you going to lower the car any more?
Yeah, but not quite yet. I am trying to decide between Tein SS and Tanabe Sustec. Ride quality is a priority to me and I drive on some bumpy roads to get to my house. I am leaning towards Tanabe, but I'm a little worried that I might bottom out more with the softer springs rates and the added weight of the SC in the the front.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:03 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Here are some pics from my CAT install. Comptech was nice enough to take care of it for me I could tell a nice little performance difference. In some of my other posts I mention that it felt like I would accelerate faster at 75% throttle then WOT. After getting the CAT installed it has changed. Now at WOT I am getting my best acceleration and the air is flowing through much better. It's hard to tell exactly how much of difference there is since I did that and the SC at almost the same time. I was hoping to get onto the dyno after my CAT install, but unfortunately we ran out of time. Hopefully I can make a trip back there sometime and get a dyno. As I have mentioned in other posts, we inspected my DC Header while my CAT was off and everything looked good with it. The welds are holding up nicely. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Hopefully I'll have more videos soon. I have videos on Page 6, but they were before the CAT install so I want to do some new ones now that I have the CAT on.

Name:  CAT1.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  49.4 KB

Name:  CAT2.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  46.1 KB

Name:  CAT4.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  44.1 KB

Pic of a sweet Supercharged NSX pushing 372 whp
Name:  NSX_CAT.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  32.8 KB

Few recent pics outside my house
Name:  Picture106.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  28.2 KB

Name:  Picture110.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  45.4 KB

Name:  SCLeftFront.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  66.7 KB

Name:  SCRightFront.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  49.3 KB
Old 02-24-2006, 02:12 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Looks great!
Old 02-24-2006, 02:56 PM
ABP TSX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^

Old 02-24-2006, 03:16 PM
CarbonGreyPearlEbony

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
damn youve got a sick ride.. very nice .. congrats.. those rims are nice too...
Old 04-19-2006, 12:12 PM
Pro

Just FYI....

I met another TSX owner with supercharged 5AT from the other website. He lives near me, and i'm going to personally meet up with him to check out his car.

Anyway, he dynoed at 236whp / 171lbs of torque...(What's the crank horsepower with those figures?) He has the icebox, comptech header, comptech catback, and random hi flo cat... He mentioned that the random hi flo cat gave him an additional 9 horses to the wheels.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:41 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by Tsx536
Yeah, but not quite yet. I am trying to decide between Tein SS and Tanabe Sustec. Ride quality is a priority to me and I drive on some bumpy roads to get to my house. I am leaning towards Tanabe, but I'm a little worried that I might bottom out more with the softer springs rates and the added weight of the SC in the the front.

i doubt you will bottom out man, i have yet to experience any harsh bottoming out with my tanabes and although i do not have a supercharger i do have a big ol box in my trunk with two twelves. Lots of the MA roads aint pretty either. THAT SC is SO SICK.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:42 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by TSX420J
damn youve got a sick ride.. very nice .. congrats.. those rims are nice too...

Gorgeous car.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Polar Chicken

236whp / 171lbs of torque after my reflash I am going to be close to that tq and about 20 shy on HP
Old 04-19-2006, 01:05 PM
Advanced

20hp shy of what?
Old 04-19-2006, 01:22 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Originally Posted by NJTSXMan
Just FYI....

I met another TSX owner with supercharged 5AT from the other website. He lives near me, and i'm going to personally meet up with him to check out his car.

Anyway, he dynoed at 236whp / 171lbs of torque...(What's the crank horsepower with those figures?) He has the icebox, comptech header, comptech catback, and random hi flo cat... He mentioned that the random hi flo cat gave him an additional 9 horses to the wheels.
Thanks for the numbers. That's good to know. I haven't gotten a chance to dyno with my highflow cat after install. He has a similar setup to me except I have the DC header.

That's cool that you're gonna meet up with him, I know that you've been really curious about the SC.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Originally Posted by Zasker1
236whp / 171lbs of torque after my reflash I am going to be close to that tq and about 20 shy on HP
Yeah 215 whp is great for an automatic. That's higher than I thought for an NA car

What other mods are you running besides the UR pulleys? Since my car baselined at 165 whp than that's a whole 50 whp increase from just bolt ons!
Old 04-19-2006, 02:05 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Yeah 215 whp is great for an automatic. That's higher than I thought for an NA car

What other mods are you running besides the UR pulleys? Since my car baselined at 165 whp than that's a whole 50 whp increase from just bolt ons!

Actually nevermind. It just dawned on me that you have a manual 6MT. You should probably be comparing your numbers to sho-one who has the SC and 244 whp / 189 tq (Injen intake, Comptech header, and OEM cat).
http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27968

Those are still great numbers though! If you can hit 215 whp NA then that would be the highest NA HP that I've heard of!
Old 04-19-2006, 11:06 PM
Pro

Tsx536, I met up with the guy with the supercharged 5AT TSX. He was cool as hell, and his car was hooked up. He has everything you can imagine on his car plus 18" volk rims.. they look so hot. I checked out the supercharger, and it is awesome. I really want it now.. LOL

A buddy of his owns a TL, and they raced each other from a standstill. The TL pulled ahead less than half a car length in 1st gear then once he hit second he passed the TL and the margin got BIGGER.. So for the folks that are wondering, a supercharged TSX can beat a TL.

Tsx536, when you installed your random tech cat, did the car get any louder to you?

The guy i met up with recently installed the random tech cat on his car and he doesn't like how loud the car sounds now. It is very deep and raspy sounding, and he can't hear the whine of the supercharger anymore. He also has the comptech exhaust. I was thinking that maybe it wasn't sealed properly so i suggested that he install two napa exhaust gaskets between the back of the cat and the front of the catback.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:31 PM
Polar Chicken

Kenny, my only goal is to make my car faster than yours. You going to come rafting? I am going to bring my CG 6speed, hahahahaha.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:11 AM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Originally Posted by Zasker1
Kenny, my only goal is to make my car faster than yours. You going to come rafting? I am going to bring my CG 6speed, hahahahaha.

I'm going to have to see, let me know the exact date. I have to travel for work next month, but hopefully I can get a free weekend or something. Thanks for the invite
Old 04-20-2006, 12:26 AM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Tsx536, I met up with the guy with the supercharged 5AT TSX. He was cool as hell, and his car was hooked up. He has everything you can imagine on his car plus 18" volk rims.. they look so hot. I checked out the supercharger, and it is awesome. I really want it now.. LOL

A buddy of his owns a TL, and they raced each other from a standstill. The TL pulled ahead less than half a car length in 1st gear then once he hit second he passed the TL and the margin got BIGGER.. So for the folks that are wondering, a supercharged TSX can beat a TL.

Tsx536, when you installed your random tech cat, did the car get any louder to you?

The guy i met up with recently installed the random tech cat on his car and he doesn't like how loud the car sounds now. It is very deep and raspy sounding, and he can't hear the whine of the supercharger anymore. He also has the comptech exhaust. I was thinking that maybe it wasn't sealed properly so i suggested that he install two napa exhaust gaskets between the back of the cat and the front of the catback.
Sounds like a very nice TSX! You should get him to come on the forum. What generation TL did he race? 5AT or 6MT?

I didn't notice a huge increase in noise after installing the high flow cat, but I have the Comptech Icebox and OEM exhaust which are both pretty quiet. I still can hear the whine when I rev it up. I'm guessing it's probably his exhaust combined with the RT Cat that is making it loud.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Pro

hondata s/c reflash

He raced a 5AT I believe.

I'm curious about something though.. What if someone were to install the TSX supercharger without getting the ecu flashed with the hondata supercharger reflash? Would the car still run? What if the comptech supercharger was installed on a TSX with the n/a version hondata reflash with 7600rpm fuel cutoff?

I am just curious because when he raced in "SS" mode, he mentioned that he shifted at 7600rpms. I'm guessing he was just mistaken but what if he wasn't.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I would guess the ECU without the SC reflash probably throws a CEL when the MAP sensor detects boost. He's probably just mistaken with the rpm.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:47 AM
Pro

Really... hmm. I asked him again and he said it could have been 7500 rpms, but he said he definitely shifted after 7300. For that reason, I wondering two things...

1) Does the hondata s/c reflash really cut out at 7200-7300rpms?

2) Could he have been running his supercharger with the hondata reflash for the n/a engine with 7600 fuel cut off?

Perhaps these are questions for hondata.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:47 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Kenny,

Just curious, what kind of mileage (fuel economy) have you been getting with your Supercharger now that you've had it a while.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:23 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Originally Posted by jlukja
Kenny,

Just curious, what kind of mileage (fuel economy) have you been getting with your Supercharger now that you've had it a while.
I do a mix of about 65% freeway / 35% city
I cruise at about 80-90 mph usually on the freeway

Before the SC (w/ my other mods) :
I would get about 27.5 mpg on a good day.
I would average about 25.5-26.0 mpg

After the SC (w/ SC and previous mods):
The best I've gotten is 26.2 mpg on a good day.
I average about 24.5-25.0 mpg right now.
The worse Mpg I've ever gotten was 20 mpg (Driving it like I stole it, WOT every opportunity)

With 06 AT Loaner (all Stock):
I got 22.1 mpg (Driving it like I stole it, WOT every opportunity)

With the SC it will definitely suck up more gas if you go WOT all the time. With the extra power though, I've found that I don't need to go WOT as often. And after having that loaner for 3 days and getting my car back, I once again confirm that it's a night and day difference between my TSX vs. a stock TSX. The Vtec window at 3K RPMs really helps. Especially after a gear shift. I can easily stay in Vtec, while with a stock TSX, there is no way to stay in Vtec (aka on the high cam) when you shift. With that being said I think a stock TSX is a little bit of a smoother ride since my car has big jumps in power at certain RPMs and if I floor it.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:38 PM
Pro

Nice report.. but i'm a little reserved when people say night and day difference.. But i'll trust your judgement

People have mentioned "night and day difference" when reporting about the hondata reflash. However, i did not feel that kind of difference at all....but i did feel a nice little increase in power.

I do a mix of about 65% freeway / 35% city
I cruise at about 80-90 mph usually on the freeway

Before the SC (w/ my other mods) :
I would get about 27.5 mpg on a good day.
I would average about 25.5-26.0 mpg

After the SC (w/ SC and previous mods):
The best I've gotten is 26.2 mpg on a good day.
I average about 24.5-25.0 mpg right now.
The worse Mpg I've ever gotten was 20 mpg (Driving it like I stole it, WOT every opportunity)

With 06 AT Loaner (all Stock):
I got 22.1 mpg (Driving it like I stole it, WOT every opportunity)

With the SC it will definitely suck up more gas if you go WOT all the time. With the extra power though, I've found that I don't need to go WOT as often. And after having that loaner for 3 days and getting my car back, I once again confirm that it's a night and day difference between my TSX vs. a stock TSX. The Vtec window at 3K RPMs really helps. Especially after a gear shift. I can easily stay in Vtec, while with a stock TSX, there is no way to stay in Vtec (aka on the high cam) when you shift. With that being said I think a stock TSX is a little bit of a smoother ride since my car has big jumps in power at certain RPMs and if I floor it.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:58 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Nice report.. but i'm a little reserved when people say night and day difference.. But i'll trust your judgement

People have mentioned "night and day difference" when reporting about the hondata reflash. However, i did not feel that kind of difference at all....but i did feel a nice little increase in power.
That's cool man. I think that's a good attitude to have. That way you won't be setting yourself up for dissappointment. "Night and day difference" is a very subjective term. I'll just leave it at that, and let you give your own opinion after you get the mod
Old 06-18-2006, 11:58 PM
Cruisin'

what are hte 0-60 times and the 1/4 mile times again ... sorry i havent been hear in like a year .. but its nice to see people are still chatting
Old 07-08-2006, 11:18 PM
Port & Polish Everything

what tranny fluid is to be used?
Old 07-14-2006, 04:17 AM
Instructor

will SC available for 06 tsx 5AT?
I know there's hondata for 06 5AT, but just curious if it will available for 06 model
Old 07-14-2006, 01:07 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Last time I was there, they said they just finished up the SC kit for the 06 TSX MT. They said that kit should be out soon. I'm not sure about the 5AT model though. I think since a reflash exists there will mostly be one though. The tuning between the 5AT and 6MT are identical from what I've heard from Hondata. From a mechanical standpoint the 6MT and 5AT kits are exactly the same.

You might want to give them a call and let them know you're interested. They have a lot of projects going on and it would help to let them know there is demand for the 5AT 06 kit. Otherwise, I'm suppose to go back down there in about a month or so to test some things, so I'll ask them then.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Instructor

cool thanks for info.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:59 PM
Pro

With the S/C, the rev limit is around 7100rpms because the stock fuel injectors pretty much max out at that range. But if we were able to rev to 7600 rpms, we would get some more power. I see that comptech sells modified fuel injectors (520cc) vs the stock (310cc). Wouldn't it be nice if comptech/hondata provided a reflash that takes advantage of the higher flow injectors and increased the rev limit. Would any s/c owners be interested in that?
Old 10-25-2006, 11:41 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Yep! I'd be interested in a 7 psi reflash

I'm guessing that 2 more psi would add like 30-40 whp!
Old 10-26-2006, 12:38 PM

Received 70 Likes on 21 Posts
With the S/C, the rev limit is around 7100rpms because the stock fuel injectors pretty much max out at that range. But if we were able to rev to 7600 rpms, we would get some more power. I see that comptech sells modified fuel injectors (520cc) vs the stock (310cc). Wouldn't it be nice if comptech/hondata provided a reflash that takes advantage of the higher flow injectors and increased the rev limit. Would any s/c owners be interested in that?
We've already tried bigger injectors specifically for this purpose. The car floods on cranking.

2 psi would be 20-30 HP as long as your exhaust is up to it.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:42 PM
Time to Climb

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
still waiting on the 05 auto reflash
Old 10-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Boost Junky

you should try out a water meth kit to lower your intake temps...also see if hondata can do a more agressive reflash by bumping the timing up a lil bit in conjunction with the water meth
Old 10-26-2006, 09:43 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by hondata
We've already tried bigger injectors specifically for this purpose. The car floods on cranking.

2 psi would be 20-30 HP as long as your exhaust is up to it.
Doh! Well there goes that idea. It would have been nice to get it up to 7600rpms.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:29 PM
Unregistered User

Hello, I am thinking about getting a SC. Hows your transmission holding up so far? It is my biggest concern. Thanx
Old 11-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Advanced

nice car. finally a good looking TSX with power. tired of all of these riced out TSX's. this one was put together nicely and with taste.

Quick Reply: Tsx536's - Auto 5AT - w/ Comptech Supercharger - Dyno / Pics (No 56K)