TSX LED Taillight Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005 | 03:02 AM
Instructor

i dont like how the leds are not a smooth circle...i love the look but i think that makes it look cheap. a perfect circle pattern would look better imo
Old 12-30-2005 | 04:18 AM
Got Milk???

I'm very interested and if they look good, I'm getting a pair
Old 12-30-2005 | 08:21 AM
Polar Chicken

This looks cool
Old 12-30-2005 | 10:19 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Stock04
i dont like how the leds are not a smooth circle...i love the look but i think that makes it look cheap. a perfect circle pattern would look better imo

I will agree with that. Looks like the LEDs in those lights were smaller and kinda crammed together. Maybe with the new and larger LEDs and more spacing, it would be identical to the Infiniti effect which I would prefer?
Old 12-30-2005 | 12:21 PM
My bolonga has a 1st name

Originally Posted by aeugrx
Alright its been awhile.

Yes, there will be a few layouts available, with the option of a custom layout for a bit extra.

We can do a groupbuy if there are 6 or more buyers. There will be at the least a 10% discount.

Hyper-blinking and taillight out indicators should not be a problem.

As far as the angel-eyes, they are on hold for an unknown amount of time due to the increasing demand for LED taillights.

As far as TSX lights, we will most likely not be able to swap lights after the retrofit. Most of you will probably have to send them in (either your own pair or a purchased pair.) However, we will make all modules and parts for you before you send the taillights (when you make a deposit) to cut down turnaround time.

I am not sure if I am violating forum rules, I hope I am not. You can also send questions through the website for PM. Thanks guys,

PS: 7th Gen Accord and Scion tC were finished this week. You TSX guys are after the RSX.

-Mike @ LM Retrofits

Mike something like this is what I was invisioning...

Your company purchase a set of the tail lights for a TSX on ebay. Do what you have to do with them in terms of the LED retrofit. The first participant or person buying them, sends in thier set of tails and you immediately send out the ones you've bought on Ebay once you've recieved that first buyer's tail lights. Do what you have to do with buyer 1's lights, and send that out to buyer 2's as soon as you recieve buyer 2's tail lights. etc...

I'm pretty sure this idea was what was described above already.

But when you get to the point where you dont think you'll be finding any other buyers for them (which between this and the other board should be quite some time) you can put that last set up on ebay for the same price you charged all of us and I'm sure someone who's not familiar with the forums will pick em' up. This way you dont have to charge us more for that inital set. I mean ya gotta spend money to make money right? :-) But in your case you'd be making up that initial investment of that first pair at the end of the entire process.

To increase your sales with this I really feel a progam of this sort will probably be necessary. I mean I go without my car maximum 3 days. I'm sure many people are also in the same boat who really want these but cant live without a car for that many days. You could argue that its the same thing as taking it to a shop for any extended set of time for body work or something, but its still just an honest opinion you'd get more response with the shortest turn around time.

Eitherway thats just my .02 for an idea of making these HUGELY popular.

And like I said above, if the price is somewhat reasonable ~250-300 I'm definitely in.

PS-- I know you said that we're after the RSX guys, but any idea of a time frame here? 2 months? 2 weeks? 6 months? any ideas?

PSS-- any pics of your work on the Scion and Accords?
Old 12-30-2005 | 12:24 PM

Oh and one other question... what would we do when the led's go out?

I mean I know led's are supposed to last for a LONG time; but I mean what if they go out in a month, or even a year?

Many of us dont know how to go about getting into the taillight fixture to replace the bulb, so I mean any thoughts on that? Do you guys have some sort of warranty program? Or charge less money for replacements?

I haven't thought my comment through fully, but i think you get where my question is routed... what are your thought?
Old 12-30-2005 | 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by arch
I will agree with that. Looks like the LEDs in those lights were smaller and kinda crammed together. Maybe with the new and larger LEDs and more spacing, it would be identical to the Infiniti effect which I would prefer?
i too prefer the G35-esq look size
Old 12-30-2005 | 02:25 PM
Pro

Wow that looks amazing, I'm definitely interested.
Old 12-31-2005 | 12:51 AM
Intermediate

Alright another barrage of questions

-The LED pattern seen on the IS300 is what we call a 'staggered ring'. It was meant to look distinct but not too "wild" from close up, and from far away look like a complete ring. A different design will definitely be done for the TSX due to the smaller circles in the taillights. It would either look Infiniti style, or the new "broken ring" design.

-In response to what 97AcuraCL said, the trading method is pretty much what we have been doing with the IS300 since we started. We weren't planning on doing that with the TSX however due to the seemingly extreme interest in them, perhaps we will. Thanks!

-The price will most likely NOT be above 400$. It all depends on the amount of labor needed for your taillights.

-These lights are due to be released by the end of January.

-Yes, I personally have not had time to take pictures for the website so we do not consider these "quality pics" (they really do not express the clarity and brightness of the LEDs) but here are some of the tC and accord:

And here is a picture of the new "broken ring" design:

-We have yet to produce a set where the LEDs have gone out, however I understand your concern. The life of LEDs will make these taillghts last longer than you should really intend to keep the car, however if they break down or anything happens we are offering 1 year warranty on all parts, after ensuring the taillights have not been tampered with. After that replacement parts and services are offered at much much discounted prices.

Once again, thanks guys, I love the community here.

-Mike @ LM Retrofits
Old 12-31-2005 | 12:23 PM

Alright another barrage of questions

-The LED pattern seen on the IS300 is what we call a 'staggered ring'. It was meant to look distinct but not too "wild" from close up, and from far away look like a complete ring. A different design will definitely be done for the TSX due to the smaller circles in the taillights. It would either look Infiniti style, or the new "broken ring" design.

-In response to what 97AcuraCL said, the trading method is pretty much what we have been doing with the IS300 since we started. We weren't planning on doing that with the TSX however due to the seemingly extreme interest in them, perhaps we will. Thanks!

-The price will most likely NOT be above 400$. It all depends on the amount of labor needed for your taillights.

-Yes, I personally have not had time to take pictures for the website so we do not consider these "quality pics" (they really do not express the clarity and brightness of the LEDs) but here are some of the tC and accord:

And here is a picture of the new "broken ring" design:

-We have yet to produce a set where the LEDs have gone out, however I understand your concern. The life of LEDs will make these taillghts last longer than you should really intend to keep the car, however if they break down or anything happens we are offering 1 year warranty on all parts, after ensuring the taillights have not been tampered with. After that replacement parts and services are offered at much much discounted prices.

Once again, thanks guys, I love the community here.

-Mike @ LM Retrofits

holy shit with the LED's it almost makes the accord's rear end look Hott!!!

You do great work!
Old 12-31-2005 | 02:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

GODDAMN!
i swear to god the accord's back looks jus like a 7 series with the LEDs
that pic just made me fall in love with the accord

dude, im willing to buy then even without seeing what it will look like
Old 01-01-2006 | 01:51 AM
Intermediate

I need to personally get some pictures of the tC taillights, they are stunning but the photos don't capture it. Thanks guys,

PS: Currently searching for a pair of TSX tails.

-Mike @LM Retrofits
Old 01-07-2006 | 11:02 PM
Arctic Blue TSX

Sent my request as well.
Old 01-08-2006 | 12:18 PM
STi'd

wow, i also really like the accord's pattern. Looks great!
Old 01-24-2006 | 11:02 PM

getting close to the end of JAN; hopefully we see something soon!!!
Old 01-25-2006 | 10:18 AM
Polar Chicken

I want two please
Old 01-25-2006 | 11:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Count me as an interested party... very interested. I'd consider purchasing after I saw a photoshoot of them on the TSX.

Great work Mike.
Old 01-25-2006 | 12:25 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Clock is ticking!
Old 02-02-2006 | 09:43 AM
Intermediate

Anyone know where to get a good price on a full set of TSX taillights? Thanks guys,

-Mike
Old 02-04-2006 | 08:48 AM
Polar Chicken

Any Updates on this?
Old 02-04-2006 | 10:38 AM
Stokeless

hey will u also be doing head lights...well i mean the amber blinkers in the head light housing? And the mirror blinkers as well?
Old 02-05-2006 | 01:57 AM
Racer

Ive got my set ready to donate as soon as we get prototype pics. I ordered a full set of OEM lights online and spend around $350 on them shipped from Sunnyside Acura. Im not sure of the exact price, I bought a bunch of other stuff at the same time totalling $870.
Old 02-05-2006 | 02:59 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Stokeless_TSX
hey will u also be doing head lights...well i mean the amber blinkers in the head light housing? And the mirror blinkers as well?
Mirror blinkers are already LEDs.
Old 02-06-2006 | 11:13 AM
Intermediate

Hey guys, I know these are almost past due, but we are finally ready. However the major problem is a pair of test lights. We don't mind buying a set to start off. Could someone send me link or contact info to a good deal on taillights? I personally used to go to majestic honda for cheap oem parts but I'm not sure for TSX"s? Thanks guys, no other car group is like the TSX one,

-Mike @ LM Retrofits
Old 02-06-2006 | 01:42 PM

ebay?

http://search.ebay.com//search/searc...SX+Tail+Lights

or also if you give a discount to a member who is willing to donate em' to you to start, i'm sure you'll have PLENTY of takers.
Old 02-06-2006 | 01:48 PM

Also i have a quick question; what would be the possibility of losing the circular design/look of the tail lights in favor of like a row of LED's?

I'll post up an example of what i mean later.
Old 02-06-2006 | 01:54 PM
Yui
Pro

I know you can order specific parts through SunnysideAcura.com. Modaway may have a better idea =)
Old 02-07-2006 | 08:11 AM
Intermediate

Thanks guys, I have a test car now. Shouldn't be too long hopefully.

-Mike @ LM Retrofits
Old 02-07-2006 | 08:55 AM
I spend 2 much time here

sounds good Mike, can't wait to see the results!
Old 02-07-2006 | 10:17 AM

:droooools in anticipation:
Old 02-08-2006 | 11:27 AM
Intermediate

If anyone has a spare set of taillights, I am willing to offer a discount as the first test pair. I have a test car, but apparently we cannot take the taillights off for very long. We will use the test car for wiring specs, light output testing, weather testing and such. The person who would lend us the spare set of taillights would receive our usual discount for new cars (a lot). Thanks for everyones patience, I can't wait to see how these look too.
-Mike @ LM Retrofits

PS: Expect the taillights to be gone for about a week plus shipping time.
Old 02-08-2006 | 11:32 AM
I spend 2 much time here

how long would we be without tail lights if we were to purchase this from you?
Old 02-08-2006 | 12:57 PM
iVTEC no koe

Originally Posted by jiggaman
how long would we be without tail lights if we were to purchase this from you?
jiggaman, maybe you missed his PS comment:

If anyone has a spare set of taillights, I am willing to offer a discount as the first test pair. I have a test car, but apparently we cannot take the taillights off for very long. We will use the test car for wiring specs, light output testing, weather testing and such. The person who would lend us the spare set of taillights would receive our usual discount for new cars (a lot). Thanks for everyones patience, I can't wait to see how these look too.
-Mike @ LM Retrofits

PS: Expect the taillights to be gone for about a week plus shipping time.
Old 02-08-2006 | 01:02 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Originally Posted by HoRRo
jiggaman, maybe you missed his PS comment:

no I didn't but thanks anyways. i was not volunteering to be the first one to send my taillights. i wanted to know the turnaround time once he has dialed in putting LEDS in TSX taillights if that makes sense.
Old 02-09-2006 | 11:13 AM
Intermediate

Turnaround time should be about the same, a week. The work doesn't actually take a week, it is getting everything together and fitting with all the other orders. We are just making extra time for this first pair since it will take longer. Thanks guys,

-Mike @ LM Retrofits

PS: no takers?
Old 02-09-2006 | 11:31 AM
iVTEC no koe

Mike, I wasn't paying full attention to the details of this thread, but will the LED retrofit be for all four rear tail light pieces (inner and outer pairs)?
Old 02-09-2006 | 01:41 PM

I wish i had known; I am outta town for a couple days and my car is just sitting at home, I could have sent out the lights and let u have ur way with em'

i'm sure someone has an extra set somewhere though... someone step up!
Old 02-09-2006 | 03:01 PM
Pro

Mike should seriously give us AZ members a huge discount
Old 02-09-2006 | 03:15 PM

or at least a group buy rate
Old 02-09-2006 | 03:22 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Turnaround time should be about the same, a week. The work doesn't actually take a week, it is getting everything together and fitting with all the other orders. We are just making extra time for this first pair since it will take longer. Thanks guys,

-Mike @ LM Retrofits

PS: no takers?
Mike,

I should have a set to send you sometime very soon if you don't have anyone. I'll let you know when I know when I can send them out. (damn there's a lot of "know's" and "when's" in that sentence )

Quick Reply: TSX LED Taillight Retrofit