https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158336

And

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/Acura-TSX-c-1806.html

Thanks!

Marcus
Old 05-01-2007, 01:47 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
sick deal marcus, i'll be all over this if its still available when my stock brake pads are dead.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:58 PM
where is my garage?!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
where would one get those painted calipers that say 'acura' on them?

i like those.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:08 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by xjohnkdoex
where would one get those painted calipers that say 'acura' on them?

i like those.
those are brembos that came as an option with 6mt TL
Old 05-01-2007, 02:20 PM
where is my garage?!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oh, i see.

thx.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:05 AM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm taking my 2-pc rotors off this weekend.. worst rotors i've ever used..

not to shit on your thread but thought i'd let others know to bewary.. spent $1000+ (brand new everything) and have tons of vibrations when braking.. i have to hold the steering wheel with two hands when i brake..

and i've been pretty lite on the brakes so it's not abuse.. they've been that way since the day i had them installed.

i thought they might be the pads but they're brand new hawk pads... suppose to be the best. one day i'll get a BBK. you're better off if you're going to spend $1000+ anyway
Old 05-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by Sebo1
i'm taking my 2-pc rotors off this weekend.. worst rotors i've ever used..

not to shit on your thread but thought i'd let others know to bewary.. spent $1000+ (brand new everything) and have tons of vibrations when braking.. i have to hold the steering wheel with two hands when i brake..

and i've been pretty lite on the brakes so it's not abuse.. they've been that way since the day i had them installed.

i thought they might be the pads but they're brand new hawk pads... suppose to be the best. one day i'll get a BBK. you're better off if you're going to spend $1000+ anyway

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am appalled, and a little offended, that you are having a problem with one of our products and you never made even the slightest attempt to contact us to resolve the situation before making this post. There are a few reasons why you might be getting vibrations, and none of them are "the rotors are shitty."

Fact is, if you are not using the brakes properly, you probably WILL develop a vibration. I am fairly confident that driving style could cause your problem. I can be 100% certain, but historically we have seen that people who are TOO light on the brakes will actually tend to overheat them over long periods causing an uneven brake pad material distribution on the brake surface, causing the vibration.

Lastly, if you think these are a poor product, why not pursue a warranty claim? Had you not considered they might have been machined out of spec? This situation can be fixed. Your claims of a poor product cannot be validated until you at least try to work with us to fix it.

Marcus
Old 05-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Not a Registered User

what are UP rotors? i'm not familiar with the brand
Old 05-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Instructor

what's the advantage of two piece over one piece aside from lightweight, faster cooling and lower maintenance cost? Is there better braking power? My brake fluid is running low, so I might need new pads and since i got my rotors machined 20k ago, I have a feeling my stock rotors are gonna warp again =(
Old 05-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Former Sponsor

The brand is Racingbrake. UP is the level of rotor that is available for the TSX. They have HP and UP 1 pc and 2 piece. UPs are the bomb rotors:

You need more than lightweight, faster cooling and lower maintenance cost? The braking power is dictated by the calipers. You need bigger calipers for that. But consider this, you don't need new calipers until you run really stick tires and can no longer lock them up.

The Racingbrake UPs with formula 2 alloy is not going to warp on you. These things are the best rotors you can buy. Tech details are here:
http://www.racingbrake.com/Default.asp
Old 05-07-2007, 05:04 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am appalled, and a little offended, that you are having a problem with one of our products and you never made even the slightest attempt to contact us to resolve the situation before making this post. There are a few reasons why you might be getting vibrations, and none of them are "the rotors are shitty."
and i never contacted you about it? i sent you an IM as soon as they were installed and reported the problem... check your IM history.. you got back to me saying you sent an email to racingbrake about what i reported and you never got back to me.. i assume the product was sold-as-is...

i do not 'ride' the brakes, i know what brake behaviour is considered bad for the brakes.. i put about $15,000 into my TSX, i think i know a little about cars..
Old 05-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Sebo1
and i never contacted you about it? i sent you an IM as soon as they were installed and reported the problem... check your IM history.. you got back to me saying you sent an email to racingbrake about what i reported and you never got back to me.. i assume the product was sold-as-is...

i do not 'ride' the brakes, i know what brake behaviour is considered bad for the brakes.. i put about $15,000 into my TSX, i think i know a little about cars..

Man, I don't think so...anyway, I would not tell you to email them. I take ownership over these issues.

Anyway, if I DID tell you that, I am disappointed they did not help. I can say that I have had 2-3 complaints about shimmies, and all but one person is actually exchanging parts for new ones (under warranty!).

You don't need to ride the brakes to cause an issue. I read that you had the problem from the get-go which indicates a possible manufacturing defect. But if they were not broken in right then the issue could come up very early.

With all due respect money spent does not earn credibility. In all honestly, using the brakes with harder firmer pressure IS a better practice. I can't say how you drive, that would be ridiculous. I was just trying to say that "abuse" comes in many forms. These brakes DO NOT generally prefer the granny-driver type of use though.

At any rate, we need to figure out your problem and fix it. You should be able to experience these brakes at their proper performance level. Call me tomorrow! 949-295-1668

Marcus