supercharger questions for an 07mt

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 03:15 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
supercharger questions for an 07mt

so while i am waiting for hondata to reflash the 07's ive seriously given some thought to just supercharging my tsx so that i can get some more power out of this motor. Has anyone SC'd their 07 yet? i know a little bit about modding cars and under the hood stuff but i wouldnt have the slightest clue about installing an SC. i need to know things like:
where should i buy it from
how much should i expect to pay
are there different kinds (ive only seen comptech)
where do i go to have it put on?

also has anyone ever turbo charged an 07 TSX and how cuz i didn't find much info on that either and if its good enough power/price wise to compare to the SC.

thanks for the help guys
Old 07-15-2007, 05:00 PM
Drives With Hands

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is no option to supercharge the 07 models at this time. While it is likely that Comptech's kit will fit the engine, the ECU reflash that is necessary to tune the car is written by Hondata (Comptech outsourced that work to them). So, unfortunately, there will be no reflash or supercharger for the 07 models until after Hondata cracks the 07 ECU software. Apparently Honda likes to change the program every year or two for God-knows-what reason (jerks).

Edit: I guess you could try the Kpro dual ECU harness rat's nest that Hytech offers, but that is lots of time and money to install and tune. Good luck...
Old 07-15-2007, 05:18 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by rmpage
There is no option to supercharge the 07 models at this time. While it is likely that Comptech's kit will fit the engine, the ECU reflash that is necessary to tune the car is written by Hondata (Comptech outsourced that work to them). So, unfortunately, there will be no reflash or supercharger for the 07 models until after Hondata cracks the 07 ECU software. Apparently Honda likes to change the program every year or two for God-knows-what reason (jerks).

Edit: I guess you could try the Kpro dual ECU harness rat's nest that Hytech offers, but that is lots of time and money to install and tune. Good luck...
fuuuuuuuuck... Hondata is holding the keys to EVERYTHING around here.

i need to get on them hard.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Senior Moderator

There have been very few true turbo charged TSXs due to a lack of engine management, so any custom solution is both extremely expensive and requires replacement of most of the stock electronics, and loss of stock gauges and creature comforts like HVAC and stereo.

To that point, the 1 reliable supercharger solution so far is from Comptech. It relies on a special Hondata reflash for engine management, as well as a piggyback unit. So, the Comptech supercharger is only available for the year / models that Hondata can reflash, which is of course the 2004 MT & AT, 2005 MT, and 2006 MT & AT.

The only other option at this point is a Hondata K-Pro conversion. It will work for any MT TSX (as I understand it) and allows full custom dyno tuning, but is bears its own cost of approximately $1700 just for the ECU, harnesses, and related parts that need to be swapped.

Anyone with more info or experience please chime in.

ps> good to see rmpage still around
Old 07-15-2007, 05:34 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by Reach
There have been very few true turbo charged TSXs due to a lack of engine management, so any custom solution is both extremely expensive and requires replacement of most of the stock electronics, and loss of stock gauges and creature comforts like HVAC and stereo.

To that point, the 1 reliable supercharger solution so far is from Comptech. It relies on a special Hondata reflash for engine management, as well as a piggyback unit. So, the Comptech supercharger is only available for the year / models that Hondata can reflash, which is of course the 2004 MT & AT, 2005 MT, and 2006 MT & AT.

The only other option at this point is a Hondata K-Pro conversion. It will work for any MT TSX (as I understand it) and allows full custom dyno tuning, but is bears its own cost of approximately $1700 just for the ECU, harnesses, and related parts that need to be swapped.

Anyone with more info or experience please chime in.

wait so i can get a kpro for $1700? who would do this cuz the hondata shop i took my car into AND hondata told me i was up shits creek without a paddle in terms of any products from hondata other than the intake manifold gasket (which by the way is it worth the $350 to have installed??)
Old 07-15-2007, 07:21 PM
Senior Moderator

First, that gasket was $55 last I checked.

Second, I'm not certain about the cost of K-Pro. It should be able to work with your car, but I am not an expert. If it does work, it will require a full dyno tune after installation, and tuning after doing any (significant) engine mods like a supercharger.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:16 PM
B A N N E D

First, that gasket was $55 last I checked.

Second, I'm not certain about the cost of K-Pro. It should be able to work with your car, but I am not an expert. If it does work, it will require a full dyno tune after installation, and tuning after doing any (significant) engine mods like a supercharger.

1. i found the intake manifold gasket on ebay for $39.99 but the shop told me it'd be like $250 in labor to have it installed.

probably not worth that much but i wouldn't want to fuck it up myself... plus i dont know if i have the tools to do something like that.

2. IF I can get a kpro... i wouldn't need the supercharger would I cuz it'd be the same as having the reflash right?
Old 07-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Drives With Hands

Originally Posted by TSX Wisc Badger
2. IF I can get a kpro... i wouldn't need the supercharger would I cuz it'd be the same as having the reflash right?
Yes, but if you're going to go the length to Kpro this car I would consider something with more headroom like a nice efficient turbo. You'd need to custom-fab it, but if you're already spending so much money to Kpro the TSX then I would suggest reaping the full host of benefits.

Thank you sir. The TSX continues to serve me well, so here I am. At this rate I might be getting a 2G TSX in 09.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:01 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by rmpage
Yes, but if you're going to go the length to Kpro this car I would consider something with more headroom like a nice efficient turbo. You'd need to custom-fab it, but if you're already spending so much money to Kpro the TSX then I would suggest reaping the full host of benefits.

well thats the point... if im gonna spend $1700 bucks on it thats already way too much but its something. spending $1700 + $3000 on a turbo is still way too much.

i probably shoudn't have even started this topic cuz i just found out that the SC is like 4 grand... i was looking at more like $2500.

also i heard if you get kpro on a tsx you lose a lot of things like your AC and whatnot... is that true?
Old 07-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Mugen freak

Ummm since when can comptech supercharge the 2006 AT? I thought they only had the reflash for the 2006 MT....
Old 07-19-2007, 11:18 AM
Time to Climb

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
^ tis true, the 06 auto reflash is out there
Old 07-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't think Comptech ever officially released a SC kit for the 06AT. They may not have an 06AT Supercharger tune aka map for the ECU.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:02 PM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
He could be mistaking the 05at can't get hondata reflash or supercharger.

The only option for us 05 AT users are to get a ecu swap with an 04 and then reflash.

I was luck to get a chance to buy an ecu with hondata because drkangelsomething something did a tranny swap.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:25 PM
Drives With Hands

Originally Posted by Tsx536
I don't think Comptech ever officially released a SC kit for the 06AT. They may not have an 06AT Supercharger tune aka map for the ECU.
That is my understanding as well.