Supercharger Fun

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007 | 10:00 AM
Pfft!

Supercharger Fun

I was at the shop last night where I got my sc installed a couple of months ago messing around. One of the guys that works there has a 98 Accord that has Turbo.

His - 215whp 210 tq(6psi)

Mine - 245whp - 186 tq(5psi)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGUaEd3GVz0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od3OH1LMLc4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNk9_fKvKwE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D95toZWvK_4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfBNydM8F1E

Sound is not very good and it is alittle dark but still something to look at. We are going to do a day run with a better camera soon.

Enjoy

Ben

PS:The ones that he pwned me we were in 1st and the other ones we were doing a 40 mph roll
Old 11-24-2007 | 11:07 AM
B A N N E D

Nice runs!
Old 11-24-2007 | 11:23 AM
Professional Newbie

Man I really want the SC but I keep feeling like I'm going to end up with a new car in a year anyway
Old 11-24-2007 | 11:30 AM
Pfft!

^^Thanks!

The SC is worth it if you have the money. It is so much fun.
Old 11-24-2007 | 09:39 PM
Time to Climb

from what i can make out, looks like fun
Old 11-24-2007 | 11:03 PM
Pfft!

Originally Posted by godfather2
from what i can make out, looks like fun
It was alot of fun.
Old 11-26-2007 | 01:55 AM
Special-K

How did you get owned so many times!? Didnt look too good for the TSX. Do you have an auto?
Old 11-26-2007 | 08:08 AM
Pfft!

Originally Posted by PrecyseStylez
How did you get owned so many times!? Didnt look too good for the TSX. Do you have an auto?
Look at his torque. I have a manual. I won't beat anything off the line that has more torque. He would also hit full boost before I would even hit boost.

EDIT: Remember we drive a TSX.
Old 11-26-2007 | 09:07 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Big Ben
Look at his torque. I have a manual. I won't beat anything off the line that has more torque. He would also hit full boost before I would even hit boost.

I dont get it sir turbos have lag / superchargers dont. Superchargers have instant boost. Without a supercharger I beat almost anything off the line with my TSX. Torque has nothing to do with racing off the line the driver does. Now if you where side by side thru part of 1st gear and he pulled you that would be understandable due to torque. The hp/tq is not different enough to pull away like that. He either has more hp/tq (boost) than he is telling or its driver error. Maybe a little of both. Your car can be very fast and impressive you have to learn how to drive it. This is not bashing you its just saying we all have to relearn to drive a car or feather clutch,change to stickier tires,LSD etc. after it is modified.

But what really upset me was when you left the " Remember we drive a TSX " comment ! WTF is that supposed to mean especially in comparison to a damn US spec Accord! I could see if it was a G37 or a M3 or something! How are you going to bash your own car! Remember we drive the same TSX that has won many awards , championship races and has one of the highest resale values! Remember we drive the same TSX many people would love to have even that guy that raced you.
Old 11-26-2007 | 09:29 AM
Pfft!

Originally Posted by UNEVAKNO
I dont get it sir turbos have lag / superchargers dont. Superchargers have instant boost. Without a supercharger I beat almost anything off the line with my TSX. Torque has nothing to do with racing off the line the driver does. Now if you where side by side thru part of 1st gear and he pulled you that would be understandable due to torque. The hp/tq is not different enough to pull away like that. He either has more hp/tq (boost) than he is telling or its driver error. Maybe a little of both. Your car can be very fast and impressive you have to learn how to drive it. This is not bashing you its just saying we all have to relearn to drive a car or feather clutch,change to stickier tires,LSD etc. after it is modified.

But what really upset me was when you left the " Remember we drive a TSX " comment ! WTF is that supposed to mean especially in comparison to a damn US spec Accord! I could see if it was a G37 or a M3 or something! How are you going to bash your own car! Remember we drive the same TSX that has won many awards , championship races and has one of the highest resale values! Remember we drive the same TSX many people would love to have even that guy that raced you.
I did not mean to offend you with the "Remember we drive a TSX". I love the car and wouldn't trade it. I feel that people always complain about the hp / tq our cars product and that is where the comment came from. Maybe it is driver error but his car pulled a hell of alot more than my car did. I didnt mean to say racing off a line. All the runs were rolling in 1st and at 40 mph and I do feel that torque would play a big part. On a hightway run he would have no chance. Maybe I am completely wrong but that is my .

Old 11-26-2007 | 10:35 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

well I dont think the tsx tranny is geared that well for fast acceleration in my opinion.
Old 11-26-2007 | 11:41 AM
Special-K

Um.. your vids were from a roll! haha. the only time you did anything was when it looked like you were doing a 10mph roll.. everything higher you lost. you should atleast had been able to catch him. The 30 whp you had over him should've helped you catch him. Thats what im thinking
Old 11-26-2007 | 12:15 PM
Pfft!

Um.. your vids were from a roll! haha. the only time you did anything was when it looked like you were doing a 10mph roll.. everything higher you lost. you should atleast had been able to catch him. The 30 whp you had over him should've helped you catch him. Thats what im thinking
Notice I corrected myself earlier about racing from a roll. I could careless about winning or losing. The point of the post was just for shits and giggles and figured some people would like to see it. Sorry that I didn't live up to your standards. Even though 2 of the videos I did catch him and pass him but again I could careless.

Ben
Old 11-26-2007 | 01:10 PM
East Coast Crew

Ben don't worry about what anyone says. If you like what you're doing, then keep doing it. I'd love to see more videos.
Old 11-26-2007 | 01:24 PM
Pfft!

Originally Posted by visuelz
Ben don't worry about what anyone says. If you like what you're doing, then keep doing it. I'd love to see more videos.
It's all good. I didn't realize that I would get critiqued on my driving. I am sure PrecyseStylez didn't mean anything by it.

No worries.
Old 11-26-2007 | 01:34 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Don't forget about weight guys. Torque plus less weight is going to give him better acceleration. The Turbo car probably has a better power curve down low in the RPMs too, which will also give him an advantage from a dead stop. Going from a roll should help even things out.
Old 11-27-2007 | 01:18 AM
Drives With Hands

Originally Posted by UNEVAKNO
I dont get it sir turbos have lag / superchargers dont.
It depends. Does the Accord have an auto? If so, he'll be across the boost threshold RPM sooner depending on the stall speed of the converter. The converter, possibly never able to lock up, will multiply torque as it slips, resulting in a faster ET. The Accord could have a really small turbine housing with a tiny ass AR that spins up quick down low but runs out of breath up top.

Also, I'm willing to bet the Accord has more power under the curve than the supercharged car does, which is what wins races. Peak numbers do not tell the whole story. Horsepower sells cars. Torque wins races.
Old 11-27-2007 | 08:30 AM
CL9 ABP

They were both 6 speed im sure the tsx would have caught up if the run was longer. I know in hondata vs my friends gsr it takes me the bitter end to catch up.
Old 11-27-2007 | 10:37 AM
Special-K

Originally Posted by rmpage
It depends. Does the Accord have an auto? If so, he'll be across the boost threshold RPM sooner depending on the stall speed of the converter. The converter, possibly never able to lock up, will multiply torque as it slips, resulting in a faster ET. The Accord could have a really small turbine housing with a tiny ass AR that spins up quick down low but runs out of breath up top.

Also, I'm willing to bet the Accord has more power under the curve than the supercharged car does, which is what wins races. Peak numbers do not tell the whole story. Horsepower sells cars. Torque wins races.
I dont believe that accord has torque from 2500 to redline. I just thought it would'ev been closer.
Old 11-27-2007 | 11:14 AM
Pfft!

I'll get his dyno lol
Old 11-27-2007 | 08:58 PM
Racer

I'll get his dyno lol
Hey Ben, I really think that you are a polite guy because you never lost your cool despite the criticism of your car and your driving style.
Thanks for being a nice guy. Keep your modding up. You will prevail in the end..
Old 11-28-2007 | 12:20 AM
Special-K

I'll get his dyno lol
Good look!