Stiffy Torque damper and NST pulleys

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stiffy Torque damper and NST pulleys

can I run the torque damper with all 3 piece nst pulleys? I read somewhere that having the idler would be in conflict with the stiffy is this correct?

how hard is it to install the damper? is there any picture step by steps on this?

I am a bit confused with pulleys would it be ok to just use the underdrive crank pulley instead of alt/idler? since i wont be using a system etc..what are the pros/cons of just using the underdrive crank pulley VS having the whole kit?

Last edited by gixer08; 08-02-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Instructor

forget about the useless torque damper.

get the pulleys on and call it a day~
Old 08-05-2009, 10:24 AM
初めまして

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
fyi: please use the search button in the future

but to answer your question, the Stiffy ETD will not interfere with the idler pulley because there's plenty of clearance.

There's plenty of guys out there who's running either UR pulleys, or NST with different ETD's and not having problem with any of them.

IMO, if you're deciding to go with the NST, you really should buy the kit, along with the recommended belt, because it comes with an
under-drive crank pulley, BUT with an over-drive alt pulley.

*Running an under-drive pulley alone is not really recommended, but please do your own search on this one.

But, if you're planning to go with the crank-pulley, i suggest getting either the UR or the Alutec because you can run OEM serpentine
belt on both and not really have anything to worry about.

Installing them would require tools and some ingenuity, which anyone on the board to post here, but i think
searching would be better for you.

Goodluck!
Old 08-06-2009, 07:57 AM
gistered User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-performance-parts-modifications-126/jtsos-ur-underdrive-pulleys-installation-666337/

and here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-performance-parts-modifications-126/nst-pulley-kit-installation-719885/
Old 08-06-2009, 08:40 AM
boost owns

Originally Posted by fanbanlo
forget about the useless torque damper.

get the pulleys on and call it a day~
Have you run an ETD on the TSX? It's not useless. It's not some huge power mod or anything, but for the cost/benefit ratio, it's absolutely worth it. Shifting feels more solid and precise, and it's nice not having the engine moving around under heavy load.

If I didn't have my stupid supercharger belt tensioning mechanism in the way, I'd still be running my Ingalls ETD. It's a good product.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:41 AM
初めまして

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Audioserf
... If I didn't have my stupid supercharger belt tensioning mechanism in the way, I'd still be running my Ingalls ETD. It's a good product.
Wasn't there a way to put the ETD on the rear engine mount of the engine, or was it on the bottom?

i think it was JTSO or a guy from OZ Honda who did this mod. Better to have it than not, right?
Old 08-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Intermediate

are there any links for the DIY ETD STIFFY install with details and pictures? I tried searching have founfd nothing..The instructions from Ingalls is confusing
Old 08-09-2009, 08:11 PM
boost owns

Originally Posted by 03uc1
Wasn't there a way to put the ETD on the rear engine mount of the engine, or was it on the bottom?

i think it was JTSO or a guy from OZ Honda who did this mod. Better to have it than not, right?
I think (not certain!) that the bottom-mounting ETD (FEELs I think) only works on the JDM cars. JTSO made a custom lower-mounting ETD for his car.

I miss my ETD. I hope CT-E are still selling auto-tensioner mechanisms next year when I get back into the modding game.