SRI Brand Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 06:19 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SRI Brand Recommendation

FINALLY!!!! Delivery on my 05 TSX PWP 6spd Non-Navi on Monday!!!

Question: I'm not planning on the CAI, but the SRI instead. My question is a recommendation for brand. From what I've heard, it's between Injen and AEM. Are there others I should consider? If not, is one better than the other?

Thanks!
Nick (northeast Ohio)
Old 02-12-2005, 08:31 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
The SRI intakes will all perform similarly. I say get whatever is cheapest but the Injen and K&N intakes can be converted into CAI if you deside to go that route at a later time. The AEM kit is SRI only.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:50 PM
10th Gear

Anyone think that not putting in a CAI is a mistake? Will I notice much difference with the SRI alone? My goal is to pick up some HP and not add too much "noise" to the engine. A little bit is fine.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:03 PM
BU
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
CAI or SRI, you won't notice any Huge performance different anyway.

Bender
Old 02-13-2005, 12:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

eh honestly if u wanna try the car in quazi SRI and CAI mode remove the resonator. ull get that power boost, and a raw sound. if u can stand the sound w. it off youll like the CAI or SRI mode.

i have my TSX w.o a resonator and i love it. you only notice a louder sound when u go to the floor completely. a few other spots on the tach are a bit more noticible but nothing significant. everyhting is deeper so no ricer noise here, otherwise that resonator will be back on there in a second.

but my advice is to find the thread i posted and theres two more posted by other fellow memebers and remove that resonator. take your time and set aside a day to remove it carefully and properly. then you can make a better decision on if u want a SRI or CAI type intake.

the sound will only be a bit more refined with a CAI or SRI. personally i would buy injen or k&n b.c it gives you that ability to choose. and hoenstly, now that i think about it the pros of K&N out weight the injen, cuz the only thing they include more is the screen to prevent water or something of that sort.

read up on this stuff, theres TONS of posts on here, and its all right under that little search butyton
Old 02-13-2005, 10:52 PM
10th Gear

Thanks for the guidance and suggestions everyone.
I'm just going to shop for the best price between K&N, Injen, and AEM and see how they compare. Doesn't sound like anyone prefers one over the other with the exception of AEM not being able to go to CAI mode.

I did notice that Jeff at vtec.net who has a 6MT TSX put the red AEM SRI on for his dyno test. The fact that he chose that brand may be enough recommendation after all! Plus, the results were good.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

ehhhhhhhh, dude its your car, your in it the whole time. definatly take my sugestion. im still trying to calculate the difference in gasmilege in my car and butt dynos n what not.

yes its true that jeff is quite respectable but hoenstly you should be the one making the final decision
Old 02-17-2005, 12:35 AM
Drives With Hands

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AFAIK the AEM SRI has the widest diameter tract out of all three of them. So if you're sure you want a SRI, get that one.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:21 AM
Master Graphic Artist

I had my Injen in SRI first because I was too lazy to finish the CAI install at one time since my other friend was using my car jack. I drove around a bit in SRI and it was loud! I put it into CAI the next day and found it was still loud. IMO get a Injen or K&N just incase you want to put it into CAI.

HKS also makes an SRI, might want to look into that.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:33 AM
Instructor

i have my injen and it is in CAI, although people do say it is loud, i like it. is the SRI louder in comparison? i dont mind the noise, the engine is like music to my ears already
Old 02-17-2005, 01:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by balee1
Thanks for the guidance and suggestions everyone.
I'm just going to shop for the best price between K&N, Injen, and AEM and see how they compare. Doesn't sound like anyone prefers one over the other with the exception of AEM not being able to go to CAI mode.

I did notice that Jeff at vtec.net who has a 6MT TSX put the red AEM SRI on for his dyno test. The fact that he chose that brand may be enough recommendation after all! Plus, the results were good.
Keep in mind the AEM dyno test was done with the hood open. The result won't be as good during normal driving with the hood closed, especially in hot weather.