A-Spec Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 03:44 PM
Kage Bunshin!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A-Spec Questions

Hey,
Just got back from my Acura dealership to find out info on the A-spec Package (rims, body kit, badge, spoiler, suspension.)
They're charging $5,000 for installation and everything! That's absurd, right? I've always admired the members on these forums whom put on these kits themselves. I assume it isn't too complicated? a few screws, right? But i"m worried about the suspension. I understand I would have to take apart a few things to install the set.

Anyways, I noticed the prices on e-bay for individual parts were considerably lower.
If you have any advice on how or where to get the best deal, I would greatly appreciate it.
- Thanx
Old 09-27-2005, 03:48 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The sellers on Ebay are great for parts.
I've bought from Acura of Escondido parts and they're great with service and shipping.

Install on the Body kit isn't too bad, it's just time consuming. There was a recent install thread with the instructions. Try doing a search.

The suspension install is a little more difficult, but even if you had that put in by a shop, then it would be a lot cheaper than buying everything directly from the dealer.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Canuck

wow $5K USD? It's $4600cnd (not including taxes) in Canada
Old 09-27-2005, 04:43 PM
Polar Chicken

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4600 cnd, that like 3500USD
Old 09-27-2005, 05:42 PM
Kage Bunshin!

Maybe I should go to Canada, eh?
Old 09-27-2005, 05:43 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SuckerPhree
lol! that was a good one
Old 09-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Hey,
Just got back from my Acura dealership to find out info on the A-spec Package (rims, body kit, badge, spoiler, suspension.)
They're charging $5,000 for installation and everything! That's absurd, right?
That's a bit high, but I think the dealers near me wanted over $4000.

If you break down the prices, it's easier to see where the money goes. The body kit might be $1200, the suspension is $800, and then $500 to install those... It's not "a few screws" it probably takes a couple of hours at least for each of those.

The rims are probably $1500, but I'm guessing. (I think I tossed the numbers that they gave me, so I'm going on memory.)

So, that brings you up to $4000 easy. Mail order, you can get the body kit for around $925 shipped (or cheaper if you can catch that group buy) and the suspension for $600 plus I can't recall how much is shipping. Not sure how much to install by an independent shop, but if I can handle the body kit, and have a shop do the suspension, I'll pass on the rims myself. :-) So, it'll be well under $2000 at that point -- not bad.

Then I'll spend the "extra" on tires. :-/ That's what's so crazy about the A-spec kit, you still get the mediocre tires, right? Gaaa...

I've always admired the members on these forums whom put on these kits themselves. I assume it isn't too complicated? a few screws, right? But i"m worried about the suspension. I understand I would have to take apart a few things to install the set.
Myself, I added the body kit to my previous car, but I think I (or someone else) could have done a better job. Part of it was the kit. I think getting the factory kit is probably going to be easier, but I'd still like to read through the instructions before deciding to do it myself.

Suspension, I'll have someone else do. But some things I can do myself. Stereo stuff, intake, foglights, etc.

Anyways, I noticed the prices on e-bay for individual parts were considerably lower.
If you have any advice on how or where to get the best deal, I would greatly appreciate it.
- Thanx
Yeah, I was thinking of trying to call up the dealers and use the online places as kind of leverage to see if I could get a good deal locally, but then I thought, why bother? I can just order online and I don't have to negotiate or jump through hoops. The only problem might be that I still would prefer a dealer to install the suspension. Not sure of what they would think, but maybe they wouldn't care...
Old 09-27-2005, 09:45 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Not a good idea
Old 09-28-2005, 01:37 PM
5th Gear

Hey,
They're charging $5,000 for installation and everything! That's absurd, right? I've always admired the members on these forums whom put on these kits themselves. I assume it isn't too complicated? a few screws, right? But i"m worried about the suspension. I understand I would have to take apart a few things to install the set.

- Thanx
A-Spec is a must! Car looks sooo clean!

I got it for $4200 with installation and it was included in the loan. MSRP on it is aroud $7000. Installation isn't about just a few screws, but rather a warranty that covers it all. Although a lot of people don't believe in warranty... Untill S- hits the fan.

Yeah and you can always blame it on somebody else if something isn't installed right (which should not happen if dealer does it)
Old 09-28-2005, 01:40 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by Zasker1
4600 cnd, that like 3500USD

Closer to 4K these days.