reflash vs flashpro; would it be better if...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question reflash vs flashpro; would it be better if...

i got a second 2004 mt ecu and reflashed that for support of current/future mods so i can have a "pass inspection" ecu and a performance one? after searching around and doing the math, i would have to reship my (second) ecu 2-3 times to equal the cost of buying an 07-08 ecu ($450) and flashpro and the adapter harness. i definitely dont plan on going boost. but i do plan on full i/h/e, and other things like underdrive pulleys, and manifold heatshield, etc. i was thinking as i have a comptech intake as my minimum, id get the reflash, then rather than putting them on one at a time, gather the h/e reship the ecu and then have them put on.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Instructor

i've decided that im going to go withe the reflash but what i need to know is will another 2004 tsx mt ecu just go right into my car with no prob or is it each ecu only manages the car it came with (without some adjusting)?
Old 09-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would vote flashpro...you can etune at anytime using datalogs. Also, with flashpro you could tune a RBC VTC gear...making it a whole another car. Best mods for the TSX is Header, CAI and VTC. anything else doesn't net more then 10HP all together.

Then you also wouldn't need two ECU's...just flash the stock cal in for state passing and flash the tuned cal back when done.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Pson
I would vote flashpro...you can etune at anytime using datalogs. Also, with flashpro you could tune a RBC VTC gear...making it a whole another car. Best mods for the TSX is Header, CAI and VTC. anything else doesn't net more then 10HP all together.

Then you also wouldn't need two ECU's...just flash the stock cal in for state passing and flash the tuned cal back when done.
yea but with everything combined totaling around $1200 i can get a dc header, ship my ecu to hondata AND pay for a rental car to drive while my tsx is immobile and STILL not touch the price of getting flashpro (and everything i need to run it), and besides i wont be modding so fast/frequently to warrant flashpro now that i think about it...
Old 09-25-2012, 08:50 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by J_Phil
yea but with everything combined totaling around $1200 i can get a dc header, ship my ecu to hondata AND pay for a rental car to drive while my tsx is immobile and STILL not touch the price of getting flashpro (and everything i need to run it), and besides i wont be modding so fast/frequently to warrant flashpro now that i think about it...
I just hate to waste money...the reflash is one of two....

1.) standard reflash and isn't based off of your TSX (does good but what your installing you need a etune)

2.) flashpro reflash, but they will need your TSX to dyno for correct calibration fuel maps.

Either way, flashpro you can customize to your own car and if you change three things in the time you own your TSX...it has already paid for itself.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:38 AM
Instructor

I just hate to waste money...the reflash is one of two....

1.) standard reflash and isn't based off of your TSX (does good but what your installing you need a etune)

2.) flashpro reflash, but they will need your TSX to dyno for correct calibration fuel maps.

Either way, flashpro you can customize to your own car and if you change three things in the time you own your TSX...it has already paid for itself.
if i had the option (and knew any better) i would have gotten the 07 and save myself this hassle :/ ill keep searching for deals (if any) on the ECUs hopefully something pops up...
Old 09-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by J_Phil
if i had the option (and knew any better) i would have gotten the 07 and save myself this hassle :/ ill keep searching for deals (if any) on the ECUs hopefully something pops up...
Hey, funny thing is I got an 07 just cause I couldn't tune it. Then xmas time Hondata said our years was the only one that could be flashed with flashpro.... a few K later I aam done with my ride
Old 09-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Instructor

Hey, funny thing is I got an 07 just cause I couldn't tune it. Then xmas time Hondata said our years was the only one that could be flashed with flashpro.... a few K later I aam done with my ride
and that is what is making it hard for me to consider flashpro a reasonable benefit. everyone with 07+ it's just a simple plug and play and no down time, so in comparison to the reflash it would be a no brainer. however for me and the 05 owners we'll have to spend close to twice what you guys will pay the difference in cost is a full set of 18s or a full exhaust, etc. im gonna call the dealer that i have to pay through (for the reflash) for a lil more info. if the pro is really THAT beneficial to legitamise the 7-800 dollar difference then im just gonna have to donate an arm. preferably my left, ill need my right to shift, i can steer with my teeth
Old 09-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Intermediate

Well, the exhaust isn't going to yeild you any gains really...more sound only. CAI would give you alittle bit, but the most gain you will have is an CT-E header. I have an Aepx WS2 and that is loud to me and I am removing my Injen CAI for the noise is just to loud for me. The gain from the icebox is pretty much the same and placing the icebox in full time.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:43 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reflash is good if you dont plan on doing anything more than just I/H/E
Old 11-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by hondas2kcr
reflash is good if you dont plan on doing anything more than just I/H/E
Intake, Headers, Exhaust?

So it wouldn't be benificial if you also had pulleys (or planned on doing them). Or are you talking about going turbo/super charged?