Red Shift Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 09:04 AM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I think if the kit gets done then engine can get done too. both and hondata own tsx's i believe and want the boost personally or so i've read. but hondata never tells people what they are working on either unfortunately, thats a direct quote from their website. I'm going to stay optimistic, I hadn't put any money down or anything so i've got nothing to lose by hoping they can pull it off
Old 03-06-2007, 04:36 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the Civic Si and TSX will be the only problem for engine management, the RSX can run K-Pro and will be an easy task for them.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,763 Likes on 2,538 Posts
hondata is doing the engine management
Old 03-06-2007, 06:36 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
hondata is doing the engine management
any update yet??
Old 03-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by S14 n Tsx
any update yet??
The only update is that the S/C kit has been delayed ...
Old 03-07-2007, 08:06 AM
Time to Climb

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
^ that figures
Old 03-07-2007, 08:12 AM

I dont see how you can say it is delayed as I have read nothing about that in the thread on clubrsx and also heard nothing about that from chris at . yeah they had a 2 week time where it wasnt worked on cause of family problems but geez give it time.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i go to the website, but i cant find the info on it
Old 03-07-2007, 10:47 AM
Is waiting in

** latest issue of Honda Tuning shows new fuel injectors from Venom for K-Series motors and they're a direct replacement for the OEM, no fuel rail needed. Maybe that can be of some help to us....
Old 03-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^ Yeah hopefullly that is a soultion we can use on the TSX. Hondata reported flooding upon cranking when they tried to used hi flow injectors on the TSX before. This was quite awhile ago now, so hopefully this has been solved.

The other problem that can come up is adding fuel under boost conditions. The Hondata reflash for the Comptech SC actually does not handle the fuel management under boost conditions. All of the fuel is being adding with Comptech's Piggyback ACM module. I believe they had to go this route because Hondata was not able to add fuel under boost conditions. This was primary because when the ECU sees boost from it's MAP reading, it throws a CEL. That was another reason why the Comptech ACM was needed. The ACM also clamps the MAP sensor voltage, so that the ECU never sees boost.

Hopefully, Hondata is now able to add fuel under boost conditions and prevent the ECU from throwing a CEL. No one really knows what their capable of with the TSX ecu yet though. As mentioned above, their development is kept secret. Hopefully the worse case scenario is that they are able to add fuel under boost conditions, but you would just have to live with CELs. If you're running high boost, I think it would be worth it. Just put some black tape over that area

Anyways, those are the issues that we know of that can prevent the RS SC kit of being finished really quickly. Who knows, they might even have a solution for it CCColts. You should talk to them and get more info on how they are going to handle the engine management.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

I dont see how you can say it is delayed as I have read nothing about that in the thread on clubrsx and also heard nothing about that from chris at .
Yeah, I've been reading that same thread on ClubRSX for a couple of months now. Keep in mind, that the RSX guys have KPro though. If we had KPro, then the engine management would be no problem. But we don't
Old 03-07-2007, 01:23 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by Tsx536
Yeah, I've been reading that same thread on ClubRSX for a couple of months now. Keep in mind, that the RSX guys have KPro though. If we had KPro, then the engine management would be no problem. But we don't
I'm sure they will figure something out.

NOT!!!!!
:troutslap
Old 03-07-2007, 02:34 PM

well I have been toying with a way to use the kpro on my car. so far what I have come up with is to use custom gauges obviously and then use a heat unit and cable control setup from a earlier year accord since it would be standalone. put the controls in the glove box. once this is done then I could switch to a cable throttle body from the accord or the rsx. once that is all said and done I could use the kpro.

however going by that approach it almost seems to make more sense to just do the RHD drive conversion and use the k20 from the euro r with its cable throttle and then.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Pro

is it possible to just have 2 ecu's one for the gauges and one with kpro for the motor? sorry probably a stupid question...
Old 03-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by HaPPy jU1cE
is it possible to just have 2 ecu's one for the gauges and one with kpro for the motor? sorry probably a stupid question...
j/k...yeah, I don't believe its possible.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

well I have been toying with a way to use the kpro on my car. so far what I have come up with is to use custom gauges obviously and then use a heat unit and cable control setup from a earlier year accord since it would be standalone. put the controls in the glove box. once this is done then I could switch to a cable throttle body from the accord or the rsx. once that is all said and done I could use the kpro.

however going by that approach it almost seems to make more sense to just do the RHD drive conversion and use the k20 from the euro r with its cable throttle and then.
Sounds like a pretty cool idea since yours is a show car and not a daily driver. If you could run KPro that would be awesome

I think we are all hoping for Red shift to have an engine management solution that is directly plug-n-play and can be used for all TSXs without having to lose any of our comforts. If you can, try to talk to Red shift about it. I'm guessing that they probably already have some great ideas for engine management
Old 03-07-2007, 03:34 PM
VSA Rocks

Originally Posted by HaPPy jU1cE
Don't laugh -- of course it is. 05/06 RSX-S owners don't have a K-pro for their specific application, so they have to use a jumper harness which pretty much does what you described.

Additionally, Doug has K-pro on his TSX. How do you think he got that to work?
Old 03-07-2007, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Black_6spd
Don't laugh -- of course it is. 05/06 RSX-S owners don't have a K-pro for their specific application, so they have to use a jumper harness which pretty much does what you described.

Additionally, Doug has K-pro on his TSX. How do you think he got that to work?
If doug has the Kpro on his tsx then why doesnt he sell that option. I really want to run kpro it would make it so much easier to run this supercharger.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:55 PM

Sounds like a pretty cool idea since yours is a show car and not a daily driver. If you could run KPro that would be awesome

I think we are all hoping for Red shift to have an engine management solution that is directly plug-n-play and can be used for all TSXs without having to lose any of our comforts. If you can, try to talk to Red shift about it. I'm guessing that they probably already have some great ideas for engine management
pretty sure they are going with a reflash unfortunately.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:56 PM
hrj
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K-pro won't work on AT car.

taken from Hondata website:
The K-Pro ECU will not work on Automatic vehicles. Automatic ECUs cannot be converted to manual.

http://www.hondata.com/kpro.html
Old 03-07-2007, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by hrj
K-pro won't work on AT car.

taken from Hondata website:
The K-Pro ECU will not work on Automatic vehicles. Automatic ECUs cannot be converted to manual.

http://www.hondata.com/kpro.html
doesnt mean I cant do a conversion
Old 03-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Intermediate

IBTL....

Wouldn't you think that with a combination of piggyback and re-flash somthing would work? I mean no car is "hack" proof.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:02 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
haha, sup highrev1, newb
Old 03-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Intermediate

IMO...it takes time to comprehend an ECu unless you are the one who designed it, and Honda/Acura doesn't hand that information out to ANYONE. I dunno I just think somthing WILL work If not then But rember I am a so what do I Know
Old 03-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Highrev1
IMO...it takes time to comprehend an ECu unless you are the one who designed it, and Honda/Acura doesn't hand that information out to ANYONE. I dunno I just think somthing WILL work If not then But rember I am a so what do I Know
i know you know something

so tell hondata that the twinscrew is coming and they need to hook us up!!
Old 03-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

IBTL....

Wouldn't you think that with a combination of piggyback and re-flash somthing would work? I mean no car is "hack" proof.

I think that will very much work. I was just wondering if you've happenned to hear if Red shift has developed a piggyback for the TSX yet? And will the piggyback handle the fuel management or will the reflash?
Old 03-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Yeah definitely. I guess that's why some people don't think that the TSX kit will come out very quickly after the RSX kit is done. The engine management is probably one of the biggest obstacles. IMO, I don't care if it takes a while to come out, I just hope it comes out. And I also hope that Hondata has figured out how to control more of the engine management than they could before.

Good luck though "" :wink:
Old 03-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Time to Climb

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
^ amen brother
Old 03-07-2007, 10:39 PM

hi "" :wink:
Old 03-08-2007, 08:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 14 Posts
IMO, I don't care if it takes a while to come out, I just hope it comes out. And I also hope that Hondata has figured out how to control more of the engine management than they could before.
Of course you don't care when it comes out...you're already S/Ced, you lucky bastard !
Old 03-08-2007, 09:22 AM
Mugen freak

^^ Yeah hopefullly that is a soultion we can use on the TSX. Hondata reported flooding upon cranking when they tried to used hi flow injectors on the TSX before. This was quite awhile ago now, so hopefully this has been solved.

The other problem that can come up is adding fuel under boost conditions. The Hondata reflash for the Comptech SC actually does not handle the fuel management under boost conditions. All of the fuel is being adding with Comptech's Piggyback ACM module. I believe they had to go this route because Hondata was not able to add fuel under boost conditions. This was primary because when the ECU sees boost from it's MAP reading, it throws a CEL. That was another reason why the Comptech ACM was needed. The ACM also clamps the MAP sensor voltage, so that the ECU never sees boost.

Hopefully, Hondata is now able to add fuel under boost conditions and prevent the ECU from throwing a CEL. No one really knows what their capable of with the TSX ecu yet though. As mentioned above, their development is kept secret. Hopefully the worse case scenario is that they are able to add fuel under boost conditions, but you would just have to live with CELs. If you're running high boost, I think it would be worth it. Just put some black tape over that area

Anyways, those are the issues that we know of that can prevent the RS SC kit of being finished really quickly. Who knows, they might even have a solution for it CCColts. You should talk to them and get more info on how they are going to handle the engine management.

I posted this in another thread, but no one replied. Why cant this product http://www.synapseengineering.com/pr...ink/ml001.html be used on the tsx? Its purpose is to fool the stock MAP sensor into not detecting boost, while still compensating for changes in engine voltage, etc. Heres an excerpt from that site if you are too lazy to visit it.

"This approach to "tricking" the ECU from seeing that the OEM normally aspirated engine is now producing boost, also allows the ECU to compensate for changes in operating altitude. Electronic solutions that limit the voltage of produced by the MAP sensor under boost, also known as voltage clamps, will always show the ECU the same voltage regardless of changes in altitude, weather and barometric pressure. Voltage clamps eliminate the ECU's ability to dynamically adjust to atmospheric changes. For example, a vehicle in San Diego, CA will see a change in barometric pressure simply by going from the beach (sea level) to the mountains. With a voltage clamp, the ECU would see the same voltage at all altitudes. Missing Link is a solution that allows your car's ECU to make adjustments in fuel and timing curves to compensate for these changes dynamically.
Since the Missing Link is not a bleed valve, it will also allow you to dynamically change boost without making any adjustments to the valve."
Old 03-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by crazybaboon6000
I posted this in another thread, but no one replied. Why cant this product http://www.synapseengineering.com/pr...ink/ml001.html be used on the tsx? Its purpose is to fool the stock MAP sensor into not detecting boost, while still compensating for changes in engine voltage, etc. Heres an excerpt from that site if you are too lazy to visit it.
maybe I'm reading the site wrong but i don't see where it says it works with a k24
Old 03-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Mugen freak

Originally Posted by rza49311
maybe I'm reading the site wrong but i don't see where it says it works with a k24
I know for a fact it works on the k20, a garage near by me told me about it and how they installed it on an RSX. Not sure about the k24 though, but it could be possible.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Does it only control the fuel and timing?
What about changing the Vtec engagement point?

Also, I'm guessing this would have to be dyno tuned. That could get expensive, but it could be do-able I guess. I don't know much about this certain engine management solution. In general, sounds like it would work in theory, but it would not control other things besides timing and fuel. I'm not sure why a shop would even recommend this for a K20 when KPro is out there though.

Hopefully someone else with more knowledge can comment. I do remember AEM talking about releasing something similar: http://dcsports.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=116