which one should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 11:36 AM
HOWARD911S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
which one should i get?

http://search.ebay.com/acura-tsx-fog...fkrZ1QQfromZR8

jdm style or oem one.... cost difference is 50%.. my mechanic told me either one should be ok.. but if i want the wiring to fit perfectly and switch to fit in dash, get the factory one... if i dont mind few wires hanging around... get the cheaper one.. by the way i wonder how much the piaa super white bulb for this baby cost...

any ideas ?
Old 08-18-2005, 12:53 PM
Canuck

First off, OEM is not a switch, it's changing the entire stalk on the steering column. I think JDM is a switch but at those prices, i'm really doubting if they are JDM or even real.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:05 PM
HOWARD911S

steering colum? wat u mean.. take it the dash half off and put the on/off switch in?
Old 08-18-2005, 03:24 PM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Originally Posted by Howard911s
steering colum? wat u mean.. take it the dash half off and put the on/off switch in?

What Narci means is that for the US Spec fogs, the "switch" for the lights is actually on the light stalk attached on the left-hand side of your steering column (similar in look to the turn signal stalk on the right-hand side of the steering column). When a dealer installs the fog lights on the TSX, I think the whole stalk is actually replaced.

The JDM Spec fogs add a button to the dash next to where the sunroof controls are in the US Spec TSXs.

I personally like the way the JDM fogs integrate with the Euro R lip kit, and for that reason, I'd check first to see if the JDM kit can be used with the US bumper. You may need another piece to mount them properly. Also, some of those listings on Ebay look like replicas or knock-offs of the real deal, with the exception the auctions providing actual part numbers. I'd e-mail those sellers to make sure they're genuine OEM Honda/Acura parts, and ask them to provide you with the part number so that you can verify it... that is, unless you don't care.

If you want, I'll take some pics of mine to show you the differences, and maybe someone with the JDM setup can do the same...
Old 08-18-2005, 07:25 PM
HOWARD911S

Originally Posted by amadeus303
What Narci means is that for the US Spec fogs, the "switch" for the lights is actually on the light stalk attached on the left-hand side of your steering column (similar in look to the turn signal stalk on the right-hand side of the steering column). When a dealer installs the fog lights on the TSX, I think the whole stalk is actually replaced.

The JDM Spec fogs add a button to the dash next to where the sunroof controls are in the US Spec TSXs.

I personally like the way the JDM fogs integrate with the Euro R lip kit, and for that reason, I'd check first to see if the JDM kit can be used with the US bumper. You may need another piece to mount them properly. Also, some of those listings on Ebay look like replicas or knock-offs of the real deal, with the exception the auctions providing actual part numbers. I'd e-mail those sellers to make sure they're genuine OEM Honda/Acura parts, and ask them to provide you with the part number so that you can verify it... that is, unless you don't care.

If you want, I'll take some pics of mine to show you the differences, and maybe someone with the JDM setup can do the same...

ah yes yes please. when u get a chance let me see picture
Old 08-18-2005, 10:00 PM
TSX User

Originally Posted by amadeus303
So can the JDM fogs be turned on, independent of the headlights? If so, that would definitely be my choice.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TinkyWinky
So can the JDM fogs be turned on, independent of the headlights? If so, that would definitely be my choice.
In my Prelude, I got the JDM fogs, and you could even turn them on along with the high beams. US standard is to turn them off when high beams are on. Now, it's not as if I really needed them on with the high beams, but I bet that's one more thing...

So, do the JDM fogs work in the US bumper? Those prices are sure cheap...
Old 08-19-2005, 08:22 AM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Originally Posted by TinkyWinky
Not sure, but maybe someone like AndyNoLife can chime in? I know he has the JDM setup... however, any fogs - US Spec or JDM - can be wired to turn on independently. Just make sure you route the wire correctly when you install them... or tell your shop/mechanic you want to do that when he puts them in
Old 08-19-2005, 08:33 AM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Meant to say in the above post... I did that (let the fogs run independent of the high beams) when I installed aftermarket PIAA's on my older Accord.