Now I'm pissed!!!! (HONDATA saga continues)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 11:04 AM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now I'm pissed!!!! (HONDATA saga continues)

So if you guys haven't heard, I've had nothing but trouble getting my damn HONDATA from Kindle Racing.

Referring thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23586

I then received the following email from Jeramy:

Jeremy,

I have been out of town for the weekend at a race, and then we had to make an emergency drive to Texas. I will be home Friday sometime late, so it will be Tuesday (July 4), before I am able to send you your labels. This is the first time I have had intenet access period. I am sorry for the delay, but it was out of my control, but please accept my apology.

-Jeramy

OK, no problem.....it's Wednesday now, email is instantaneous and customer service should be number 1. I've watched him pop up on AIM all weekend, sent him IMs with no response and he won't answer any of his emails or phone messages! He has $595 of MINE!

I just wrote a WTF email to HONDATA corporate and now at this point I want it resolved by the end of the day or just to get my money back......

I've given the benefit of the doubt for too long.......

sorry LannyM, I may not be getting a HONDATA

Thoughts?
Old 07-06-2005, 11:07 AM
Instructor

yea u've given the guy plenty of opportunity to make up for the confusion. I would just take ur business elsewhere, and not penalize the quality Hondata product.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:10 AM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Problem is, I need my money back first......man I till want that HONDATA though.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:13 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't know what to say. He's had a good rep until now. Hope Hondata resolves this if Jeramy can't. Good luck, and keep us posted.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:22 AM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Originally Posted by jlukja

Don't know what to say. He's had a good rep until now. Hope Hondata resolves this if Jeramy can't. Good luck, and keep us posted.
I don't know, maybe I'm just not getting the whole story here and I'm the unreeasonable one, but all signs point to "not so much." I'm just fed up. The guy at Enterprise rent a car knows me by voice now.....this is too much pain for a simple transaction.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:27 AM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

sorry bud.

i would pm the mods about it.

i haven't been following your story that closely, but i remember that post where he wrote that he had a family emergency.

just b/c his im popped up doesn't mean he was there.

he could have had another person go online and check his emails or whatever.

there are times that i leave me aim on even though i'm not there.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:27 AM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Just spoke with HONDATA via phone and they say to be patient and that there is nothing that they can do about it .......what the hell? Is this normal business practice in the aftermarket world...if so, I'm out.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:38 AM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Let's examine this:

- Family emergency out-of-state.
- 4th of July weekend (Monday = Holiday).
- Guy probably has a LOT of emails from all kinds of companies and customers, and ALL are important and require attention.
- Only 24 hours in a day. (So Tuesday + 1/2 of Wednesday isn't THAT much time man!).

Be patient. If you haven't heard something by late Thursday or early Friday, then look further into this. I honestly see almost nothing wrong with the situation other than your expectations aren't being realized fully. Although I can see your side of it, too, I honestly think you're blowing up for too small a reason (thus far).

~Eric
Old 07-06-2005, 11:40 AM

Oh, and by the way... my job isn't even that busy, but when I do go away for 1 or 2 days, I come back to probably 150-200 emails.

Just to sit there and evaluate which ones are important enough to get a reply within the next 3 DAYS is a daunting, long, hated task in and of itself.

Not to mention having to actually get the replies made up and sent off...

Things take time, and unfortunately for you, the perfect storm seemed to have happened regarding your order, his family crisis, and the long weekend.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:43 AM
ABP TSX

I can agree and see both sides of the issue as well. However, the Number One aspect of good customer service is communication. I am seeing a failure to communicate here.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Originally Posted by curls
Let's examine this:

- Family emergency out-of-state.
- 4th of July weekend (Monday = Holiday).
- Guy probably has a LOT of emails from all kinds of companies and customers, and ALL are important and require attention.
- Only 24 hours in a day. (So Tuesday + 1/2 of Wednesday isn't THAT much time man!).

Be patient. If you haven't heard something by late Thursday or early Friday, then look further into this. I honestly see almost nothing wrong with the situation other than your expectations aren't being realized fully. Although I can see your side of it, too, I honestly think you're blowing up for too small a reason (thus far).

~Eric
I see your point, but what exactly is involved in producing these shipping labels and emailing them to me? (That's a question, not a sarcastic statement) I really don't know.

Honestly, I'm not really sure what Jeramy does other than race and sell HONDATA, his webpage isn't clear about that. That's not a stab, just what I have observed.

If he has a resonable explanation, I will be the first to retract anything I may have said that comes off in the wrong way, as of now though, my perception is what it is. Everything points to him being an upstanding guy, the facts are what they are though and bottom line, he has $595 of my money and I have nothing to show for it.

If anything is to be learned from this, the process of ordering HONDATA products needs to be streamlined. It shouldn't be this complicated, not in this day and age.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Additionally, the issue of the family crisis was an assumption I made based on his email....he didn’t actually come out and say that. It's all semantics really I guess.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:58 AM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Any ideas?

jdkindle
Official Vendor
Last Activity: Yesterday 11:05 PM
Old 07-06-2005, 12:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
in his situation, he has to rent a car for a couple of days. If he keeps doing it then he'll be spending a lot on rental cars.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:22 PM
Cruise Missile Lobber

I'm starting to wonder if all of my attempts to contact him have annoyed him to the point of wanting me to wait......I think this is making me crazy.....I need to go do some work
Old 07-06-2005, 12:23 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by SSN_FT1(SS/DV)
Any ideas?
have you tried callin him?

like posted previously, he has a good rep here thus far.

my experience with hondata was through a different dealer.

hondata, to my knowledge, does not deal directly with the customer.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:25 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
It may be good that you take a pause and breathe by the nose.

Insisting that way will do nothing but help worstening your situation. Wait until Friday to see if you get those labels, then start worrying.

As for the rental car, I really don't see why you should have taken you ECU out before having received the labels. That was just foolish on your side, and it is in no way incumbent of Jeramy.

Sorry, but it really looks like you're too short with patience and making a big deal out of what makes you wait a little. Business people have lives too you know: they don't live to serve others, even if that's their business.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:28 PM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Yeah, I tried, but didn't leave a message due to the fact that last time I left him a message I didn't get a response. I just don't want this to be what it is and I want this guy to retain his great reputation...and I'm still letting this drive me nutts.......must do something else......
Old 07-06-2005, 12:29 PM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Whoa...he's on the forum right now...come on Jeramy..don't let me down.....I know you're the man....follow through here
Old 07-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Originally Posted by sauceman
It may be good that you take a pause and breathe by the nose.

Insisting that way will do nothing but help worstening your situation. Wait until Friday to see if you get those labels, then start worrying.

As for the rental car, I really don't see why you should have taken you ECU out before having received the labels. That was just foolish on your side, and it is in no way incumbent of Jeramy.

Sorry, but it really looks like you're too short with patience and making a big deal out of what makes you wait a little. Business people have lives too you know: they don't live to serve others, even if that's their business.
I'm sorry if I gave everyone the impression that I took the ECU out....I haven't even cracked the plates yet...ever....I wouldn't be that stupid.

I'm sorry for being impatient too. I just feel like I'm left out of the know here and I'm used to the typical instant transaction you get from a regular internet purchase. I thought it would be the same here, but I was mistaken.

Overall, if this works out, I'm sure it will somehow, I want to be clear that I don't really hold Jeramy at any blame. I think the HONDATA system is of purchasing is what needs improvement. It's just not as easy as I think it should be.

BTW....the rental reservations are easy to cancel. The only money I've lost is the $595....no worries.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:07 PM
Faster, please.

I'm with you on this one. It's rediculous that anyone, anywhere would ever pay nearly $600 and not get a product or any "real" communication with answers within 2 weeks. For those that are telling this guy he should calm down, how long did it take for your transaction? Put yourself in his shoes and imagine how it feels.

I thought I was going to be in the same boat - I contacted Jeramy about 2 weeks ahead, he told me the exact day to paypal him so I could be sure to get the labels by my send out date (5 days later), I paypal'd him on that day and didn't hear anything for 2 days. I eventually emailed him at all of his addresses and he got back to me, explained, and sent the labels - no problems. It doesn't even seem that he's making much of an attempt to live up to his end of the bargains with this guy, and I'm pissed for him!

BTW, when everything does come together you'll still love it!
Old 07-06-2005, 01:09 PM

I'm sorry if I gave everyone the impression that I took the ECU out....I haven't even cracked the plates yet...ever....I wouldn't be that stupid.

I'm sorry for being impatient too. I just feel like I'm left out of the know here and I'm used to the typical instant transaction you get from a regular internet purchase. I thought it would be the same here, but I was mistaken.

Overall, if this works out, I'm sure it will somehow, I want to be clear that I don't really hold Jeramy at any blame. I think the HONDATA system is of purchasing is what needs improvement. It's just not as easy as I think it should be.

BTW....the rental reservations are easy to cancel. The only money I've lost is the $595....no worries.
I HIGHLY doubt he's took your money and ran... very very highly unlikely.

Seeing as you are basically still using your car, and the only problem seems to be a bit of slowness on Jeremy's end, which may or may not be easily explainable, I would let it ride until Friday and then start calling/emailing the appropriate people.

Are you sure he's RECEIVED your money and your CC been charged? Call the credit card company and verify that there's a pending or completed charge to kindle Racing, and go from there.

FYI, although it shouldn't come to this, most credit cards (if you paid by CC) have online fraud protection - you will eventually get your $$ back. If you paid by cash or whatever, then I dunno. That being said, I'm certain it'll work out.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:12 PM
TSX User

Holy shit. Dude, you need to see a doctor ASAP for your condition.

The guy who confirmed receiving your money is obligated to send you your shit and if he can't he needs to keep you updated. Otherwise, he should return your money so that you can get your reflash sooner from another dealer.

Why you are apoligizing to everyone is beyond me. There is no reason for you to feel any stress or anxiety over this transaction. You are, afterall, paying him your hard-earned cash.

Make up your mind.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Cruise Missile Lobber

I don't think that Jeramy took the money and ran...not even a thought in my mind.

I'm sure he received my money. I payed through PayPal and it's already cleard the bank account.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:20 PM
TSX User

That's not what I'm talking about. It's your pacifistic attitude that is frustrating me.

It seems that you feel you are at the mercy of this Jeremy dude who has taken YOUR money without providing any service. Wouldn't you think it's fair to say that if his current situation is preventing him from doing his business in a timely manner, that he should concede the money and let you get on with your life?
Old 07-06-2005, 01:21 PM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Originally Posted by TinkyWinky
Holy shit. Dude, you need to see a doctor ASAP for your condition.

The guy who confirmed receiving your money is obligated to send you your shit and if he can't he needs to keep you updated. Otherwise, he should return your money so that you can get your reflash sooner from another dealer.

Why you are apoligizing to everyone is beyond me. There is no reason for you to feel any stress or anxiety over this transaction. You are, afterall, paying him your hard-earned cash.

Make up your mind.
:rolf: I see your point. I'm just torn between sending a guy up the river with future customers and getting what I want. I've always been impatient...I'm in the military after all

If it's just a misunderstanding I want to leave room for an apology...hence my apologetic tone. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

The business may be new to him and I'm a pretty understanding guy. I do want an explanation, but I'm willing to be patient.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:22 PM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Originally Posted by TinkyWinky
That's not what I'm talking about. It's your pacifistic attitude that is frustrating me.

It seems that you feel you are at the mercy of this Jeremy dude who has taken YOUR money without providing any service. Wouldn't you think it's fair to say that if his current situation is preventing him from doing his business in a timely manner, that he should concede the money and let you get on with your life?
I see your point....know any reliable HONDATA dealers?
Old 07-06-2005, 01:23 PM
Faster, please.

The thing is, there is always recourse and you can get your money back. To me, though, it would be a matter of principle. Under no circumstance ever, apart from incapacity, would I receive someone's money and not provide them with the product they bought or a timely explanation as to why they won't get it and an alternate solution. That's not only good business it's good character.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:24 PM
TSX User

Originally Posted by daddydliv
The thing is, there is always recourse and you can get your money back. To me, though, it would be a matter of principle. Under no circumstance ever, apart from incapacity, would I receive someone's money and not provide them with the product they bought or a timely explanation as to why they won't get it and an alternate solution. That's not only good business it's good character.
Amen bro.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:26 PM
Cruise Missile Lobber

I agree with both of you, but why is there a group of people symathyzing with him......am I missing something?
Old 07-06-2005, 01:26 PM
Faster, please.

I just want to see my man get this thing done so he can enjoy his car even more!
Old 07-06-2005, 01:28 PM
Faster, please.

I agree with both of you, but why is there a group of people symathyzing with him......am I missing something?
Everybody has their own point of view I guess.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:31 PM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Originally Posted by daddydliv
I just want to see my man get this thing done so he can enjoy his car even more!

Old 07-06-2005, 01:32 PM
TSX User

Old 07-06-2005, 01:36 PM
Faster, please.

BTW, I have nothing against Kindle Racing either as he did take care of me, and I'm still holding out hope that he will take care of this too. I just hate to see anyone get screwed and as the clock ticks the screw gets tighter.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:11 PM
Automobile Aficionado

i have been reading through these posts...and havent really commented yet but this is rediculous. i am totally on your side regarding this matter...its $600! And anyone who is taking jdkindle's side is also rediculous. I would be very pissed. It is just bad business!
Old 07-06-2005, 02:11 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
My point of view comes from a supplier's standpoint. I am one myself, and I sometimes need to deal with those issues on the receiving end. There are just some times when one can't deliver as quickly as he would like to. Even some situations don't require thorough explanations.

I wouldn't caution procrastination though. I prefer to believe in goodwill unless given a clear indication of the contrary.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:19 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry to hear this. I too would be frustrated if it were me. $600 is a lot of money. Worse come to worse, you can always dispute the charge with paypal. Just give him until Friday,
Old 07-06-2005, 02:23 PM
Faster, please.

Originally Posted by sauceman
My point of view comes from a supplier's standpoint. I am one myself, and I sometimes need to deal with those issues on the receiving end. There are just some times when one can't deliver as quickly as he would like to. Even some situations don't require thorough explanations.

I wouldn't caution procrastination though. I prefer to believe in goodwill unless given a clear indication of the contrary.
I agree that problems can arise for anyone, and don't always require a thorough explanation. Only part of the problem here is the guy sent money and got no initial response, i.e. his previous thread. The biggest part is where he is now - he was told there was a problem, but everything would be taken care of by yesterday. You can't tell someone to expect something by a certain day, especially when that person has to plan accordingly, and then give nothing by that day. It's just not right, plain and simple.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:24 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
i would ask for a discount or money back

Quick Reply: Now I'm pissed!!!! (HONDATA saga continues)