Old 06-22-2004, 01:38 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NA vs Turbo

i heard that HKS is going to have turbo for TSX
but i know toda racing is getting NA for TSX
which one will u perfer ....... NA or turbo
NA is better because is more fun for modification
turbo is about power.......(turbo will mess up your few years later)

PS: WHERE IS INSPIRES, i want to ask him about Phase front bumper
or does anyone know where i can get it
Old 06-22-2004, 02:28 AM
Three Wheelin'

www.aj-racing.com
Old 06-22-2004, 05:17 AM
Stokeless

turbo will not "mess you up in a few years" its all how you prepare your engine for boost and how well you maintain and take care of the car after it is under boost. HKS has not said anything offical about the turbo kit for the TSX. They did make a one off kit for DAZZ motorsports for thier project TSX but nothin is for sure that it will filter down to the after market. I like turbo i like workin on turbo cars, i actually dont like NA cars as much..not as fun to drive, nothing will give you more of a rush than a vtec car underboost when the vtec kicks in ...talk aboutan adrenaline rush =)
Old 06-22-2004, 09:43 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

the only things I see, NA gives instant throttle response, but Turbo is a lot cheaper IMO for better power gains than NA can ever be. If there was a cheaper S/C route I'd probably go w/ that.
Old 06-22-2004, 12:41 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Stokeless_TSX
turbo will not "mess you up in a few years" its all how you prepare your engine for boost and how well you maintain and take care of the car after it is under boost. HKS has not said anything offical about the turbo kit for the TSX. They did make a one off kit for DAZZ motorsports for thier project TSX but nothin is for sure that it will filter down to the after market. I like turbo i like workin on turbo cars, i actually dont like NA cars as much..not as fun to drive, nothing will give you more of a rush than a vtec car underboost when the vtec kicks in ...talk aboutan adrenaline rush =)
hey dude, u never told me that u have a dvd player in your car
Old 06-22-2004, 12:42 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by accsuperstar
yeah, i went to this website a million times
i don't see they said anything about phase bumper
just there's a CL7 with phase bumper
Old 06-22-2004, 01:14 PM
cmf
ATCer

Originally Posted by iceriver
which one will u perfer ....... NA or turbo
NA is better because is more fun for modification
turbo is about power.......(turbo will mess up your few years later)

PS: WHERE IS INSPIRES, i want to ask him about Phase front bumper
or does anyone know where i can get it

PM him. He is really good about answering questions if you contact him that way!
Old 06-22-2004, 05:58 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by cmf
PM him. He is really good about answering questions if you contact him that way!
i did PM him.......but he didn't answer
Old 06-22-2004, 05:58 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I'd take NA over turbo if the horsepower were equal. :P
Old 06-22-2004, 06:04 PM
Advanced

lol...........everyone does
Old 06-22-2004, 06:54 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dan Martin
I'd take NA over turbo if the horsepower were equal. :P

Old 06-22-2004, 08:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

try emailing them

works wonders
Old 06-22-2004, 08:30 PM
Burning Brakes

u can also go to http://www.boomplustoys.net/
or u can give them a call ...
find Morris .. and he will gives u a quote abt it ~
Old 06-22-2004, 10:01 PM
Subie Tech

Turbo would have my vote!!! Eventhough I am planning to build a 10,000RPM teg Type-R in the future!!
Old 06-23-2004, 02:28 AM
Stokeless

hey dude, u never told me that u have a dvd player in your car
i have a PS2....installed with 2 tv's its in my sig
Old 06-23-2004, 05:51 AM
Advanced

i have a PS2....installed with 2 tv's its in my sig
RICH
is the picture on the left is you?
Old 06-23-2004, 06:46 AM
Stokeless

yea thats me and my girl...no im not rich i just got hook ups =)
Old 06-23-2004, 05:50 PM
Advanced

u look SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gangster or ghetto
make me feel uncomfortable
im glad i know bruce lee shit
Old 06-27-2004, 11:42 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

NA or Turbo... when you modify an engine to fulfill it's limits as you'll do w=ith either of these routes, you should always expect the UNexpected to occur. There's always a weak link somewhere and eventually driving hard will find it. Parts are made to handle certain kinds of pressure and increasing power beyond their limits will destroy them.

Expect that maintenance will be much higher once you've modified any engine. Even if you take the time and money out to build the block for a turbo car, something ELSE will go wrong. Ask anyone who's ever built a race car or even modded their daily driver.

as for fun to drive, torque curves are flatter and power is more readily available with a naturally aspirated car. a spike in torque gives you the FEELING of acceleration more so b/c of the increase in torque. still, expect to spend at least twice as much building a naturally aspirated power monster since much more R&D will have to go into it. If you really want to go NA then my advice to you us to run a JDM ITR swap for 6K or so and then drop some nice hot cams into it as well as some new bottom end work.

also, any idiot taht says they don't like NA cars as much obviously has never gone domestic and obviosuly doesn't know more than what he saw in the last release of Riceboy monthly. once you sit in a 10 sec. '69 'maro, you'll know what I mean. plus, working on a turbo car is more than just installing your buddy's new and more annoying blow off valve so he can look cool at the next red light. Tuning a turbo car for daily driveability as well as peak power takes lots of expertise as well as time (time + expertise = money). I'd suggest you ask a professional and tihnk to yourself what exactly you want this car for and how much you can afford it to be in the shop if something does go wrong.
Old 06-28-2004, 01:03 AM
Stokeless

Originally Posted by civic4982
NA or Turbo... when you modify an engine to fulfill it's limits as you'll do w=ith either of these routes, you should always expect the UNexpected to occur. There's always a weak link somewhere and eventually driving hard will find it. Parts are made to handle certain kinds of pressure and increasing power beyond their limits will destroy them.

Expect that maintenance will be much higher once you've modified any engine. Even if you take the time and money out to build the block for a turbo car, something ELSE will go wrong. Ask anyone who's ever built a race car or even modded their daily driver.

as for fun to drive, torque curves are flatter and power is more readily available with a naturally aspirated car. a spike in torque gives you the FEELING of acceleration more so b/c of the increase in torque. still, expect to spend at least twice as much building a naturally aspirated power monster since much more R&D will have to go into it. If you really want to go NA then my advice to you us to run a JDM ITR swap for 6K or so and then drop some nice hot cams into it as well as some new bottom end work.

also, any idiot taht says they don't like NA cars as much obviously has never gone domestic and obviosuly doesn't know more than what he saw in the last release of Riceboy monthly. once you sit in a 10 sec. '69 'maro, you'll know what I mean. plus, working on a turbo car is more than just installing your buddy's new and more annoying blow off valve so he can look cool at the next red light. Tuning a turbo car for daily driveability as well as peak power takes lots of expertise as well as time (time + expertise = money). I'd suggest you ask a professional and tihnk to yourself what exactly you want this car for and how much you can afford it to be in the shop if something does go wrong.

Idiots that dont like NA cars???? Ok i resent that comment. First off your right i havent driven a 69 maro...but i have driven a 72 maro and i never drove it in the quarter but it would lift the front wheels about 8 inches off the ground. I like turbo more...not because it "makes that cool sound" or what ever. I like not having to spend thousands and thousands of dollars to get the same amount of power and the same streetability. You Cant do that with a N/A car. To get 300 whp in an all motor car you will not be able to have that. Turbo gives you MORE power in a 4 cylinder than you could ever make with N/A. Thats point blank. There is no comparison for over all POWER in a 4 banger
Old 06-28-2004, 08:33 AM
Photography Nerd

There are extremes to every setup. A car that is running a low boost setup can be street driven with very little maintenance difference from a stock car. Of course if you bolt on a turbo runnig 13psi you're going to have to take precautions but it's really no different than an extreme NA setup.

For mild increases (<50hp) I'd go with NA simply because there are less moving parts to worry about. But anything greater than 50hp and a tubo or supercharger is a better way to go.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:53 AM
Stokeless

thanks for gettin mah back on this one Dan
Old 06-28-2004, 12:56 PM
Advanced

lol........
i like NA on FF cars......
because FF cars can't handle too much horse when the Front wheels are doing the turning work
Old 06-28-2004, 02:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Ah... domestic muscle cars. I remember those back in high school when everyone has one. Lots of power, weights a ton, poor gas mileage, and crappy suspension design. It seems every time they are parked, the hoods are always up and the owers working on them. Nice.... Now return back to 2004.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:10 PM
Senior Moderator

lol........
i like NA on FF cars......
because FF cars can't handle too much horse when the Front wheels are doing the turning work
What are FF cars?
Old 06-28-2004, 02:28 PM
cmf
ATCer

FF = front wheel drive, no?
Old 06-28-2004, 02:31 PM
Photography Nerd

Never seen FF before most people say FWD.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:34 PM
Senior Moderator

It must be a west asia thing...
Old 06-28-2004, 02:39 PM
Burning Brakes

msut be a gran turismo 3 thing... haha i recognize FF from that
Old 06-28-2004, 02:39 PM
cmf
ATCer

or too much Grand Turismo playing. I think that's how they list cars on that game.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:40 PM
cmf
ATCer

Damn it...I hate typing at the same time as other people!
Old 06-28-2004, 04:57 PM
Burning Brakes

i tried to type earlier but it said i was blocked from the thread... maybe cmf did something because im quicker than him.
to explain the FF
FF= front engine/front wheel drive
MR= mid engine, rear drive
first letter = F/M/R engine placement
second = F/R drive wheels
Old 06-30-2004, 03:30 AM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

Originally Posted by Dan Martin

There are extremes to every setup. A car that is running a low boost setup can be street driven with very little maintenance difference from a stock car. Of course if you bolt on a turbo runnig 13psi you're going to have to take precautions but it's really no different than an extreme NA setup.

For mild increases (<50hp) I'd go with NA simply because there are less moving parts to worry about. But anything greater than 50hp and a tubo or supercharger is a better way to go.
you are correct on some points and luckily not as ignorant as your friend on all of them. a car that is running a low boost setup on a stock block can easily be driven but will require much more maintenance in the long run than any stock car. if you have never owned a turbo car, please do not comment on things you are no familiar with.

with your exact words of "it's really no different than an extreme NA setup" I agree. however your friend here claims that a 300HP turbo'ed car is more streetable than a similarly powered N/A motor. That is just completely unfounded as well as untrue.

stokless: you're the result of a fast and furious generation of enthusiast and I do not blame you for your ignorance. however, you should learn to think before speaking. a bottom end rebuild would be necessary for you 300WHP turbo'ed TSX and a similar 300HP N/A TSX would cost similarly as well as be similar in "streetability". Both would require much maintenance and not be an easy daily driver. Once you've owned a high powered car you will understand the high time as well as expenses of upkeep.

if you disagree with me then first do your research and save yourself the embarassment of speaking about something you obviously have never worked with nor done.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:40 AM
Advanced

oh.......
i kinda agree with civic boy
turbo and NA, u can never say turbo is better because of the horsepower
Old 06-30-2004, 04:31 AM
Stokeless

Originally Posted by civic4982
you are correct on some points and luckily not as ignorant as your friend on all of them. a car that is running a low boost setup on a stock block can easily be driven but will require much more maintenance in the long run than any stock car. if you have never owned a turbo car, please do not comment on things you are no familiar with.

with your exact words of "it's really no different than an extreme NA setup" I agree. however your friend here claims that a 300HP turbo'ed car is more streetable than a similarly powered N/A motor. That is just completely unfounded as well as untrue.

stokless: you're the result of a fast and furious generation of enthusiast and I do not blame you for your ignorance. however, you should learn to think before speaking. a bottom end rebuild would be necessary for you 300WHP turbo'ed TSX and a similar 300HP N/A TSX would cost similarly as well as be similar in "streetability". Both would require much maintenance and not be an easy daily driver. Once you've owned a high powered car you will understand the high time as well as expenses of upkeep.

if you disagree with me then first do your research and save yourself the embarassment of speaking about something you obviously have never worked with nor done.

ok civic go back to a civic board, fast and furious did nothin but piss me off. i been racing since 94...my crew is known...been on DVD's and mags, I know what i am talkin about. First off a turboed 300 hp TSX is more streetable because you will be able to drive it daily. With an allmotor 300 hp TSX you will need race fuel which is leaded and there for not streetable. I drove a 280 whp GSR for years. Only problems i had were ones i caused myself...boosting too much at the track and down shifting on the freeway going way to fast. Our engine comes with 200 hp at the flywheel. 170 or so at the wheels. I am at 186.4 with 2 bolt on mods. add turbo and roughly 11psi and i will be at the 300 mark easy. And still be running pump gas with no problems. Now if i were sayin that turbo vs NA blah blah blah. ITs all PERSONAL PREFERENCE. Obviously you have never had a turbo car and you my friend might have basic bolt on experience. How many engines have you built ? how many conversions? How many heads have your ported and polished? How many stand alones or piggy back systems have YOU tuned on the dyno? i bet you havent done anything except lower your car. I know honda's I can take a B series apart and put it back together with my eyes closed. The K series is a totally different animal and i am learning it. But what i do know is the K series is STRONGER there for wont need as much reinforcement to hold small amounts of boost. 11-13 psi is do able without sleeves on pump gas. All you need is proper tuning. And that is where the hondata K PRO comes into play. 280 whp daily driven GSR and that was at 11 psi i ran 20 at the track. So i am sure i have owned a car with high enough hp....a 4dr gsr full interior 12.28 in the 1/4 and 112 mph. tell me i dont know what im talkin about and ill show you my turbo and everything else sittin at my house waiting for hondata to put a K Pro on the market. And once its on im promising 300whp+ and driving it 80 miles a day. get off your high horse you dont know me and you dont know what i know. Dont assume...cuz you have know knowledge of what i know and what i have seen and how fast my crews cars are. :sqntfawk:
Old 06-30-2004, 06:50 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Please define NA, you seem to talk like NA is a package setup like a turbo setup is.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:46 PM
Advanced

ok civic go back to a civic board, fast and furious did nothin but piss me off. i been racing since 94...my crew is known...been on DVD's and mags, I know what i am talkin about. First off a turboed 300 hp TSX is more streetable because you will be able to drive it daily. With an allmotor 300 hp TSX you will need race fuel which is leaded and there for not streetable. I drove a 280 whp GSR for years. Only problems i had were ones i caused myself...boosting too much at the track and down shifting on the freeway going way to fast. Our engine comes with 200 hp at the flywheel. 170 or so at the wheels. I am at 186.4 with 2 bolt on mods. add turbo and roughly 11psi and i will be at the 300 mark easy. And still be running pump gas with no problems. Now if i were sayin that turbo vs NA blah blah blah. ITs all PERSONAL PREFERENCE. Obviously you have never had a turbo car and you my friend might have basic bolt on experience. How many engines have you built ? how many conversions? How many heads have your ported and polished? How many stand alones or piggy back systems have YOU tuned on the dyno? i bet you havent done anything except lower your car. I know honda's I can take a B series apart and put it back together with my eyes closed. The K series is a totally different animal and i am learning it. But what i do know is the K series is STRONGER there for wont need as much reinforcement to hold small amounts of boost. 11-13 psi is do able without sleeves on pump gas. All you need is proper tuning. And that is where the hondata K PRO comes into play. 280 whp daily driven GSR and that was at 11 psi i ran 20 at the track. So i am sure i have owned a car with high enough
hp....a 4dr gsr full interior 12.28 in the 1/4 and 112 mph. tell me i dont know what im talkin about and ill show you my turbo and everything else sittin at my house waiting for hondata to put a K Pro on the market. And once its on im promising 300whp+ and driving it 80 miles a day. get off your high horse you dont know me and you dont know what i know. Dont assume...cuz you have know knowledge of what i know and what i have seen and how fast my crews cars are. :sqntfawk:
too much english words.......don't feel like to read them all
Old 06-30-2004, 01:01 PM
Photography Nerd

I'll summarize:

Stoke has a lot of experience on turbo cars. He knows his shit.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Perhaps you should start learning and read more, instead of making up shits up like AIRCAM!
Old 06-30-2004, 01:35 PM
Stokeless

i just found a typo in my last reply...at the end it should be "you have no" instead of you have know knowledge" just to clairfy....i was up for 24 hours and hung over most the day sorry if my ENGLISH

Quick Reply: NA vs Turbo