Love my Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006 | 08:58 PM
Intermediate

Love my Dyno

I dyno'd with the mods in my sig 201.1hp 164.1 on a mustang dyno

love it

wanted a before and after since I just ordered my hitech header

MOD Edit: Might help next time if you actually display the sig...
Old 02-23-2006 | 09:06 PM
Intermediate

here's a crappy scan of my Mustang dyno sheet

MOD Edit: Next n00b that fails to resize the picture before posting will have their thread deleted until they get it right.
Old 02-23-2006 | 09:10 PM
Drifting

The image is too small
Old 02-23-2006 | 09:14 PM
BU
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by blackthorn
mods in my sig
Where ?
Old 02-23-2006 | 09:18 PM
Intermediate

in sig
Old 02-23-2006 | 09:20 PM
Photography Nerd

Either you have the most potent SRI on the planet, or there's something wrong with that dyno.
Old 02-23-2006 | 09:21 PM
Photography Nerd

What the hell is going on with that torque curve? I definitely think you should go somewhere else.
Old 02-23-2006 | 09:28 PM
Team Owner

Dan, don't forget...it's a mustang dyno. Usually overestimates by about 10 hp or so.
Old 02-23-2006 | 09:43 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Dan, don't forget...it's a mustang dyno. Usually overestimates by about 10 hp or so.
mustangs usually read around 10% lower than dynojets, what are you dyno'ing on?

that dyno is used day in and day out for some of the most amazing car's I've seen in my life, so it's working just fine
Old 02-23-2006 | 09:46 PM
Photography Nerd

I just dyno'd my car right now at Excel Motorsports and I'm pretty happy:

Old 02-23-2006 | 09:47 PM
Photography Nerd

that dyno is used day in and day out for some of the most amazing car's I've seen in my life, so it's working just fine
If it's reading 10% low, then your car is putting out 220hp at the wheels or 253hp at the crank. There's just no way a header, intake gasket, and an SRI is going to get you there.
Old 02-23-2006 | 09:48 PM
Team Owner

There has to be something wrong with that dyno. Last dyno I did was on a dynojet, usually considered the industry standard. An 06, with improved breathing and exhaust tracts only made 183, which is as much as people were seeing on 04s with intake and headers. I highly doubt your TSX is making that much power.
Old 02-23-2006 | 09:48 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Dan Martin

Old 02-23-2006 | 10:23 PM
Senior Moderator

So, do you expect the numbers be even higher on a dynojet?
Old 02-23-2006 | 10:31 PM
BU
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Old 02-23-2006 | 10:56 PM
Intermediate

forget it, I was going to post my dynojet numbers tomorrow, but there are too many assholes on this board, I have 2 other dyno's ready and I was going to get the full readout emailed to me tomorrow, but I dont have the patience to deal with assholes trying to belittle me and say that this is a fake dyno or any shit like that

I happen to have a reflash'd ecu also and rsx type S head casting marks are on my head also, which lead me to beleive that I have a headswap, nowhere did I say that the ONLY mods are in my sig, if you bothered to ask I would have elaborated

it really says something sad for a forum when the moderator is making fake sheets trying to make fun of members posts, when all i was trying to do was post my sheet and get some feedback

mabye I"ll see some of you on the track, because once march hits that's where I'll be, till then

peace
Old 02-23-2006 | 11:09 PM
Team Owner

forget it, I was going to post my dynojet numbers tomorrow, but there are too many assholes on this board, I have 2 other dyno's ready and I was going to get the full readout emailed to me tomorrow, but I dont have the patience to deal with assholes trying to belittle me and say that this is a fake dyno or any shit like that

I happen to have a reflash'd ecu also and rsx type S head casting marks are on my head also, which lead me to beleive that I have a headswap, nowhere did I say that the ONLY mods are in my sig, if you bothered to ask I would have elaborated

it really says something sad for a forum when the moderator is making fake sheets trying to make fun of members posts, when all i was trying to do was post my sheet and get some feedback

mabye I"ll see some of you on the track, because once march hits that's where I'll be, till then

peace
Another thin-skinned pansy ass without a sense of humor.

Guess we're better off anyway.
Old 02-23-2006 | 11:22 PM
Senior Moderator

peace
The chart indicates vtec point about 6000 which is stock. Hondata is 5000 rpm. Hodata redline is 7600 rpm. TSX intake manifold and injector base will not bolt up to the RSX head. Perhaps a pic of the engine bay would explain better.
Old 02-24-2006 | 12:18 AM

There are two problems with the Mustang software used to print this graph. The line is 4-5 HP thick, and the torque is scaled from 0-250 ft lbs. This tends to make the torque curve very flat.

Compare to the Dynapack dynos and you find the torque is scaled from 120-180 ft lbs (about 5 times the resolution) with a 0.2 hp thick line.

Rule 1 - Dynos vary
Rule 2 - Use SAE compensated dyno printouts
Rule 3 - Use wheel HP not "estimated" flywheel

A wise man once said a man with two watches never knows the time.
So...

Rule 4 - Use the same dyno for all your testing consistent with rules 1-3
Old 02-24-2006 | 04:42 AM
Instructor

Hi Hondata
are u really from Hondata?
I drive an accord euro r, have u guys dealt witht that particular CPU?
Old 02-24-2006 | 07:27 AM
Photography Nerd

Well a custom hondata reflash and a custom RSX head swap would certainly explain this result. Shame on us for assuming that there was just something wrong with the dyno.

I'd love to learn more about these details.
Old 02-24-2006 | 09:10 AM
Polar Chicken

I don’t think anyone was trying to be an ass, but rather point out that your dyno has considerably higher numbers than many others that post on this board with considerably more engine mods. Is it possible that you really topped 200whp, Yes, is it likely NO. This you should take your dyno with a grain of salt and possibly talk to some hi performance shops an find a reputable dyno shop and do it a second time.
JTSO is also right that your dyno plots do not line up to what is offered in the Hondata reflash in terms of redline and vtec points.

If you have done a head swap I think just about everyone would like to see pictures as I am not aware of anyone on this site that has undergone this. A few shops have done this by taking our motor and putting in a civic but not a TSX
Old 02-24-2006 | 09:16 AM
Photography Nerd

Originally Posted by Zasker1
If you have done a head swap I think just about everyone would like to see pictures as I am not aware of anyone on this site that has undergone this. A few shops have done this by taking our motor and putting in a civic but not a TSX
He'd also need a KPro to tune for the new cams, or maybe that's where the custom hondata reflash comes into play.
Old 02-24-2006 | 09:36 AM
Drives With Hands

Like hondata posted above the dyno tech seems to have selected "estimated flywheel horsepower" for the printout. Go back to the dyno shop, get a wheel horsepower printout, and ask for the high resolution plot that shows horsepower, torque, and A/F all on one graph in very thin lines.

Well a custom hondata reflash and a custom RSX head swap would certainly explain this result.
Well, the TSX and RSX-S heads are basically the same thing, so he is technically correct on that point.
Old 02-24-2006 | 09:44 AM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

First off, you might want to calm down a little. Guys on this, or any, board are going to flip you a little sh*t if you post a dyno indicating 250 crank hp from a few bolt-on modifications. Second, when you say you got this result with the mods in your sig, it's natural to assume those are the mods that are germaine to your dyno results. So that's your inability to write a coherent post, not someone else's inability to guess what the rest of your mods are. Could some of the replies have been a little less dramatic and a little more helpful? You bet, and I'll add to hondata's post (which was exactly that). A chassis dyno's main benefit is to judge relative torque and hp changes. There is so much variation in results from machine to machine, there's not a lot of use in comparing my latest dyno (182 hp/153 tq) to yours. If you didn't do a baseline of your car in stock form, you have no way of knowing whether you really did get 45+ hp out of your mods, or whether that dyno on that day overstated your car's wheel hp. If you did baseline your stock car, what are those results?

It's natural to want to believe you really hit the ball that far out of the park. But before you believe you hit a 600-ft homerun, you should make sure you weren't already standing in center field when you hit it. Dynos are relative.
Old 02-24-2006 | 09:49 AM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

Also, it's "separator", with two a's.
Old 02-24-2006 | 09:51 AM
Photography Nerd

Originally Posted by peter_bigblock
It's natural to want to believe you really hit the ball that far out of the park. But before you believe you hit a 600-ft homerun, you should make sure you weren't already standing in center field when you hit it. Dynos are relative.
Nice analogy!
Old 02-24-2006 | 09:52 AM
Drives With Hands

Originally Posted by peter_bigblock
One of the better metaphors I've seen here in a while.

Regarding getting a different printout, see if you can get a floppy disk with the PDF files of the dyno on them while you're at it. Then upload them and re-post here. They'll have all this in the computer already, so it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to get it. If you need somewhere to host them, let me know and I'll host them for you.
Old 02-24-2006 | 10:08 AM
ABP TSX

Either you have the most potent SRI on the planet, or there's something wrong with that dyno.
^^^
Your sig lists an AEM SRI.

In this thread you were inquiring about converting your Injen Short Ram to CAI and also mentioned getting a Comptech Ice Box.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26214

What intake do you actually have?

You also got into a flamefest with SMSP about a custom exhaust setup for your Integra in this thread.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24806

Your sig then lists Hondata, and as JTso pointed out, the Dyno you posted and the reflash changes are not matching up.

All this leads me to believe your Dyno is bogus. Post some pics of you engine bay or more proof IMO.
Old 02-24-2006 | 10:18 AM
Senior Moderator

If in fact a RSX head is installed and assuming the ECU has been swapped with a k-pro, or a tuned RSX ECU, doesn't it also mean the instrument cluster function is lost due to ECU swap? If the ECU is swapped, doesn't it mean the DBW TB is also replaced? If that's the case, doesn't it mean it has a different intake manifold which means the TSX CAI shouldn't even fit? Too many unanswered questions...

Btw, not bashing, just curious.
Old 02-24-2006 | 10:20 AM
Team Owner

Old 02-24-2006 | 10:47 AM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

that is a mighty impressive dyno.

here's mine:

my engine mods:
comptech i/h/e
hondata reflash
hondata img
random tech high flow cat

also done on a mustang dyno
Old 02-24-2006 | 11:39 AM
n00b

You said...

I dyno'd with the mods in my sig 201.1hp 164.1 on a mustang dyno
This is your sig

2004 TSX MT Nav
Full Body Kit, No Spoiler
Comptech SSK
Tint, AEM SRI Intake, DC Sports Header
Hondata, IM Gasket, Oil Seperator
Where does it say head swap?

nowhere did I say that the ONLY mods are in my sig, if you bothered to ask I would have elaborated
Why didn't you elaborate to begin with?

Lesson learned to you, blackthorn, think before you post next time.
Old 02-24-2006 | 05:19 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gsclifton
^^^
Your sig lists an AEM SRI.

In this thread you were inquiring about converting your Injen Short Ram to CAI and also mentioned getting a Comptech Ice Box.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26214

What intake do you actually have?

You also got into a flamefest with SMSP about a custom exhaust setup for your Integra in this thread.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24806

Your sig then lists Hondata, and as JTso pointed out, the Dyno you posted and the reflash changes are not matching up.

All this leads me to believe your Dyno is bogus. Post some pics of you engine bay or more proof IMO.
I'll post pics of my bay right now, let me step outside and do that

I asked several times about how to tell if my head was swapped on k20a.org and other places and my casting marks seem to indicate that it is a different head, I have no idea what the car has, I'm not the first owner

as for bogus dyno's, I have no time to make this shit up, I dont even have the time to work on my own car

if you think my shit is bogus, no problem I'll just quit posting here

I just wanted to offer a before and after dyno becuase I just ordered my hitech header and I figured that you all would be interested in seing a before and after dyno and also pics of the header when it arrives

I THOUGHT my car had a reflash, I work at the largest car used car dealership company in the USA and I've driven (the piss out of) 4 2004 6MT tsx's and honestly the stock car's have no balls what-so-ever, my car is faster, much faster and I figured I had a reflash

as for the injen question, I honestly thought I had an injen becuase I knew my car had a CAI and I never really bothered to look at it, I had one of my tech's check the car out, I liked it, I sold my teg and I wanted something a little classier then my teg since I just parted with my c32AMG, I never bothered to go outside and look at the damn thing, honest truth

I stand behind everythign I said about SMSP, his headers make good numbers but the exhaust I got made I had problems with, if you all dont like it, too bad once again, I post so that others can learn from my mistakes, take em with a grain of salt

going outside to take pics of the bay now, before I leave, brb
Old 02-24-2006 | 05:33 PM
Intermediate

here are links, the pics are huge and I dont feel like resizing
let me know what else you want pics of, mabye tomorrow I can get pics of the casting marks, otherwise the numbers will stand until I get to the track and see what it'll do, unless you all have any other ideas

header
http://members.cox.net/blackthorn/header.jpg

my im gasket
http://members.cox.net/blackthorn/imgasket.jpg

pretty clear I have an AEM, lol
http://members.cox.net/blackthorn/intake.JPG
Old 02-24-2006 | 05:46 PM
ABP TSX

as for the injen question, I honestly thought I had an injen becuase I knew my car had a CAI and I never really bothered to look at it, I had one of my tech's check the car out, I liked it, I sold my teg and I wanted something a little classier then my teg since I just parted with my c32AMG, I never bothered to go outside and look at the damn thing, honest truth
I guess you were not familiar with the hood prop when you "thought" you had the Injen CAI.

I actually could care less if stop posting here or not. At least be accurate when you post something.

Old 02-24-2006 | 05:58 PM
Senior Moderator

That's a stock TSX head for sure, as it's connected to the TSX intake manifold, injector base with the air assist valve and DBW TB.

Just for reference...

RSX-S intake manifold

----------------
TSX injector base Note item #12 - air assist valve and the extra coolant ports.

----------------
TSX intake manifold
Old 02-25-2006 | 06:42 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Kiddo, you have been lame from day one. I have stayed away from this thread, because just by seeing the thread title, I knew it stunk and I didn't have time to deal with it.

Time is key here, because yesterday evening I received a bad past report on how my fellows mods were posting:

these are the types of posts from your moderators...very childish and against
your OWN TOS, it's HARASSING not to mention the language
I'd like to think you haven't thought one second about what you were saying, but too bad, you've wasted my time, and in no way do I have the patience for this kind of crap.

for one week.

That'll help you learn social and internet skills, and mostly to start posting intelligently.

BTW, we don't have TOS you
Old 02-25-2006 | 08:35 PM
dom
Senior Moderator