Looking For Test Vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 02:05 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,841 Likes on 2,575 Posts
Originally Posted by Benz_05_TSX
Um....Blackthorn..... just to let you know.....we DO HAVE TAXES up here in canada as well, it's not just a US thing..... wtf do you think we are?? And hell, not all your states have taxes (like Oregon), but we do.......

and as for the info.... i think SMSP provided more concrete info....

but whatever man, we will let TSX Fury be our white mouse and test out how SMSP works....hahaha...... will TSX Fury's car be faster than.......DUZY??......
no cause TSX.Fury doesnt have hondata at least to my knowledge.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:09 AM
A DiRTBAG decal on my

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cannot wait for SMSP and/or Hytech to come out with a full exhaust. I am dying for one already. $$$$ is burning a hole in my pocket/account
Old 10-26-2005, 02:16 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
no cause TSX.Fury doesnt have hondata at least to my knowledge.
Well.......i guess TSX Fury is gonna get one then eh??.....ahaha, or, is yours a 05?
Old 10-26-2005, 07:48 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by Benz_05_TSX
Well.......i guess TSX Fury is gonna get one then eh??.....ahaha, or, is yours a 05?
Old 10-26-2005, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
just buy an 04 ECU
Old 10-26-2005, 08:10 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
just buy an 04 ECU
yeah I've been thinking about it... if I could find the 04 ECU/Immobilizer I might...

I'd obviously prefer to have Hondata hurry up and finish the 05 though
Old 10-26-2005, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
yeah I've been thinking about it... if I could find the 04 ECU/Immobilizer I might...

I'd obviously prefer to have Hondata hurry up and finish the 05 though
yeah but hey hondata doesnt do anything for shows, i mean can you show off hondata LOL.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:52 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SMSP
Well you could have gone to my site too since I sell the same universal cat for $100. The cat you bought for $185 had an O2 bung welded on, the heat shields had extra welding, there was a 3 bolt flange welded to the outlet and some flared tubing welded to the inlet plus the floating flange that mates up to the header.

You are again exaggerating pricing ($200). Obviously 15 months ago you couldn’t find it cheaper and you came to me.

I wouldn’t have let you leave my shop with it rattling. You never called or emailed me about it rattling “every day”, if you did, you could have come back down and it would have been fixed….for free. But you didn’t. I had one customer where I built a 3” exhaust (non Honda) and everything was so close, so there was a chance of something rattling. The guy had the original muffler hangers that were so soft. I told him he needed to get some new ones or maybe even some aftermarket hard ones to control the exhaust. He agreed and I have never heard from him since.

The T1R is made from 304 stainless as was your tubing, I don’t believe your resonator and muffler was since you wanted them painted black so as not to stick out, like a shiny polished stainless muffler and huge tip of the T1R. Also the T1R sounds more raspy than mine and again you wanted to come to me and not buy the T1R or anything else.

The bolt on Magnaflow cat back available for your car is 2-1/4” system you wanted 2-1/2”, there’s one big difference. The other is the fact that the 2-1/4” system is made on a production line with full size jigs and 100s are made. That’s why the costs are cheaper.

pm's that stated the time required to install your "bolt on exhaust" I don’t have copies of our PMs or phone conversations. I never said it was a bolt on system, in fact my first email to you showed that the tubing was loose, the second line also differentiates the pricing when welding is involved, i.e flange and hangers. Even your first email (5/1/04) to me states, “….and you can make something up”, that sure doesn’t sound like a bolt on system to me. You really should stop bringing false accusations against me.

Benz_05_TSX : just a word of advice lots of business keep receipts, in the usa we have these things called taxes and you often need to prove where the money comes from as a business, you shouldn't necessarily look to the receipt as any kind of proof” So you are saying that my invoice is not true after just stating that we need invoices to prove where the money comes from?

You are right, there are 2 sides to every story. A false one and the truth. To date you haven’t provided any proof of your statements. I on the other hand have many times over.

When I was finished the work on your car, I asked you about the way it sounded, looked and your feelings on the bill which I do with all the folks that I do work on their cars. I remember this because I work on only a few cars in my shop and I ask it of all my customers. You were satisfied.

You paid the balance ($383.87) by personal check, which you didn’t even have with you. I trusted you to send it to me in the mail. Why? Hell if I know now. But I guess it was because I thought I could trust you and I had no reason to believe you were dissatisfied with the work and wouldn’t stiff me. If you were so dissatisfied with my work, 1) why did you promptly pay me? 2) why didn’t you call or come back? and 3) why didn’t you stop payment on the check? I’m really trying to understand why you are now, for the first time 15 months after the work was performed, making these false statements about me and my company?

Here are some of our emails, check the dates and times and try to equate that to your definition of “taking forever to respond to emails”.

> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Nick Longworth
> To: smsproducts@adelphia.net
> Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 2:12 PM
> Subject: smsp exhaust
>
>
> I'm picking up one of your headers used from another honda-tech member
>
> I would really like to match it up to a 2.5 inch exhaust on my 4 door integra
>
> I know there are other members on Honda-tech that appreciate your work and also have 4 door integra's. I was told that the 4 doors need a slightly longer exhaust, so mabye I can bring my car by and you can make something up so I and other people can use your system
>
> I'd want a cat and full exhaust
>
> let me know what you can do for me
>
> I also asked Ed if he could ask, so I'm the guy he's talking about
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Nick Longworth
>
 From: "SMS Products" <smsproducts@adelphia.net>
> Date: 2004/05/02 Sun PM 02:37:46 EDT
> To: "Nick Longworth" <netsurf12@cox.net>
> Subject: Re: smsp exhaust
>
> 2-1/2" stainless tubing kit (loose) $205
>
>
> 2-1/2" stainless tubing kit (w/ 2 hangers and 1 tig welded flange) $275
>
>
> 14" aluminized resonator $50
>
>
> 18" aluminized resonator $55
>
>
> 22" aluminized resonator $60
>
>
> 14" stainless resonator $60
>
>
> 4x9 oval, 5x8 oval, or 6" round aluminized muffler $70
>
>
> 5x8 stainless muffler $85
>
>
> Muffler hangers mild steel $5
>
>
> Muffler hangers stainless steel $10
>
>
>
>
> David Stadulis
> SMS Products
> 4747 Ewell Road
> Fredericksburg, VA 22408
> 540-287-6384

----- Original Message -----
To: SMS Products
Sent: Sunday, May 02, 2004 4:54 PM
Subject: Re: Re: smsp exhaust

ok, I'm not sure on the parts I'm going to need, but you weld everything up, correct?

I want a system that will bolt up to your header (I'm buying one used from a Ht member)

I also need a cat

this is an all motor B18C JDM type R motor, it dyno'd at 215 whp with a jdm honda 4-1, so I figure between your header and the J's intake and hondata tuning I may be between 220-230 whp

I want a 2.5inch exhaust to support this

you're the expert so I trust your judgement, I'd prefer stainless, and I LOVE the way the black coated mufflers that I have been seing on honda-tech

let me know what you think or should I clarify in any other way

sorry for my long emails, thank you for bearing with me on this

To: netsurf12@cox.net
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 4:32 AM

Yes, I can weld up a system. My shop rate is $75/hr, however, I won't install the header since it's going on a street car.

David Stadulis
SMS Products
4747 Ewell Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
540-287-6384

Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 6:23 AM

ok, I want a 2.5 inch stainless steel exhaust setup, I'd like the 2 resonators, preferably the ones you picture here

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=450813

I want a lightweight high performance setup

I dont know how many hangers I need, I'm relying on you right now, I can install the setup myself, but I would like some kind of extention made so it will fit my 4 door integra, is that possible?

I also want a 2.5 inch cat from you as well

also would you be able to get the parts that are not stainless coated in that high temp black ceramic coating for me, if so how much extra would that cost

thanks again for bearing with me

Nick

To: Nick Longworth
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 9:39 PM

I don't offer those since they are more race related and may not hold up to the every day abuse of the street. However, if you wanted to go that route we could use the 12" version here http://www.burnsstainless.com/Ultral...temuffler.html

However, to make this fit the tubing would need to be custome bent which would add still more to the price.

I don't coat the parts until all the welding (tip and hangers is completed).

David Stadulis
SMS Products
4747 Ewell Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
540-287-6384

Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 9:54 PM

I"m looking for something that looks very stock in outward appearance, the link you sent me looks alot like an N1 style muffler

do you have any suggestions?

Nick

Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 2:28 AM

That link was for the resonator that might be able to be used along side the gas tank like the stock version. The rear muffler would be either a 6" round or 5x8 oval.

David Stadulis
SMS Products
4747 Ewell Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
540-287-6384

Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 6:54 AM

how much for a full exhaust using the lightweight resonators, and how much for one using your standard resonators

also how much extra will the black ceramic coating run me

Im' very sorry I didn't see the link was resonators, I thought for some reason you were talking about mufflers

Nick

P.S. do you think you'll have any problem making the extention that my car will require, being a 4 door? have you made one before?

Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 12:24 AM

The tubing kit comes with extra material so the added length for your 4dr isn't a problem. As for the light weight resonators you would just substitute those prices for my resonator prices. As for the coating, it's pricey at $60 for the muffler however, it only should be done after th ehangers are welded to the muffler.

David Stadulis
SMS Products
4747 Ewell Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
540-287-6384

And another series of emails

Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 11:52 AM

I called you today and left a message, I'd like to talk on the phone to finalize everything
Nick

Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 10:06 PM

David Stadulis
SMS Products
4747 Ewell Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
540-287-6384

SMS Products Will Be Closed From 6/21 until 6/28

Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 7:10 AM

let me know when would be a good time to call you to finalize everything about my exhaust

Nick

Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 10:52 AM

Nick,

Please call me around 10am Weds.

David Stadulis
SMS Products
4747 Ewell Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
540-287-6384

Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 7:31 PM

please call me sometime, I want to get my exhaust this week or next week if possible, it is the ONLY thing stopping me from getting dyno tuned with SGT, I work nights so I stayed up to talk to you and didn't sleep at all today, let me know when I can talk to you about my exhaust and get this done
email me, netsurf12@cox.net
or call me, cell: ***-***-*** Home: ***-***-****

Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 10:18 PM

Nick,

I called and talked to your Dad about 45 minutes ago. I may be able to install it Sat sometime. We have family coming in Thursday afternoon and staying until Sat morning, so I'm not sure when on Sat I could do it. Maybe early afternoon or evening. What time of the day on Saturday would be better for you?

Also, what header did you buy? 1 piece or 4 piece?

David Stadulis
SMS Products
4747 Ewell Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
540-287-6384

Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 7:14 PM

I left a message at the number on this email, let me know what time tomorrow will be good for you, I'm still planning on coming but it will take me an hour and 15 min according to yahoo maps

so just let me know, feel free to call my house, or call my cell phone

Home***-***-****:
Cell:***-***-****

thanks again

Nick

Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 11:36 PM

Let's shoot for 10:30am, the header needs to be on the car. I don't/won't install any of my pieces on a street car, if a car shows up without a header then by law I must install one.

Take Exit 126

Turn LEFT unto RT 1 North

Turn LEFT unto Mine Rd (Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Mickey Ds on the corner)

Go to and through the next light

After light and quicky mart immediately turn RIGHT unto Ewell Road

Go about 1/4 mile and turn LEFT into the Ewell Road Complex

Go towards the back and turn turn Left, I'm about 1/2 way down on the left (#4747).

I don't accept credit cards.

David Stadulis
SMS Products
4747 Ewell Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
540-287-6384

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, this board or any board on the internet does not benefit from a member making false accusations about another member and/or business.

Again, you sir owe me and this board an apology.

it's funny that you find things so obvious, actually I didn't feel I had to price match back then, it's amazing how much I"ve learned in 15 months

well you did let me leave with it rattling and I told you on the phone when you called me on the way home, once again chris is my witness here. I could have come back mabye but I live quite a ways away, plus I"m used to things working the first time. Don't compare me with other customers, because you build custom systems, how can you compare my 2.5 inch exhaust with another customer's 3 inch setup that by your own words had different hangers on it. Seems quite alot like apples and oranges.

Which is exactly the reason that I find it funny that you compare your exhaust to the T1R, so many differences who can keep track of them all, once again you throw in random comparason's to "prove your point"

I stand corrected on the magnaflow system

You should really stop saying that I'm making false accusations, I'm just warning members about the fittment and time issues that I experienced, not to mention that you never ever give me a quote for labor on ANY of the emails that you posted, yet you did on the phone, you told me 2 hours

well I see your point, you posted some emails and no PM's which was where most of the conversation happened, not to mention the phone conversations where my points are coming from, so no, I only have your word, I dont have email "proof"

I guess you're smart enough not to put things in writing....mabye you've done this before

I said that the receipt alone is not proof of any of the story, never did I STATE that the invoice is not true

That's a bold face lie, if I had any idea how much it would cost I would have brought the cash, I learned a huge lesson dealing with you. Plus when I was on the way home driving and you called my cell, I told you that it rattled and you told me to bend the exhaust hangers. I now get written estimates before I do business with someone. You never asked if I was satisfied, I specifically remember talking to Chris on the way home saying that I got ripped off, and he agreed.

1. I paid you becuase I am an honorable person and since I had no estimate I had only your word and that's not much in court, so I paid, sometimes in life you get screwed and have to pay for it, I sure did. I've never stiffed anyone in my life and I"m not going to start now. 2. Why didn't I call or come back, like I said it's quite a drive for me and I have a pretty busy schedule, and your shop is the only one that I"ve ever had an issue with something not being done right the first time.
for the answer to 3 please refer to 1.

I'm making these statements becuase it's my experience and I feel that members have the right to know my side of the story. Plus I could deal with the rattle on my 4 door as the emails you posted showed, that car was a little more designed for going fast with little or no compromise...TSX's are NOT race cars, and most members want performance with no compromises, Integra owners seem to be more inclined to deal with small annoyances as it's an economy car. If I had an exhaust on my TSX that rattled it'd really piss me off considering it's more of a luxury sedan. I felt that other members would feel the same way.

I can't equate them, you could have changed the dates or anything since these are only text's posted. Once again I only remember my experience and the countless times I've had conversations with people in the car community up here in Northern VA. I don't keep emails as "proof" they're easily spoofed anyways, not that I'm accusing of such, but you are leaving some out as I remember it, plus the phone conversations we had that you dont remember and I do
Old 10-26-2005, 03:56 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SMSP
Well a customer of mine found this over on honda tech about this exhaust of blackthorn's.

His For Sale Thread http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=973732

BlackThorN

1556 posts [100%]
South of DC VA
1-6-2003

SMSP Full Catback with Header for 4 door Integra « » 1:19 PM 8/28/2004
Reply Edit

I have a Ceramic coated SMSP header connected to a custom SMSP Full 2.5" catback with 2.5 cat on my 4 door integra.
I paid 1k for the exhaust alone (I have the receipt to prove it) Dave from smsp made it in front of me
this will bolt up to any 4 door integra and is the perfect all motor exhaust
pm me with offers
btw, I need a stock b pipe and axel back also
Nick

Modified by BlackThorN at 1:39 PM 9/8/2004

2002 Magma Red C32 AMG
sold...what's next?
currently drive a bmw 325is
Past Cars:
98 LS 4 door..sold
2000 Honda S2000(SOLD)
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/sho...wpost
Vouch Thread
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=579127

yeah it's perfect for an all motor car, with no compromises yet it rattled for me...seems like your grasping at straws here
Old 10-26-2005, 04:19 PM
ABP TSX

Old 10-26-2005, 05:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Btw, those who are interested in doing the header/exhaust system, please work with SMSP directly via PM or whatever. Please post result when available.

Thanks,
Old 10-26-2005, 08:02 PM
Header Designer

Originally Posted by blackthorn
it's funny that you find things so obvious, actually I didn't feel I had to price match back then, it's amazing how much I"ve learned in 15 months

well you did let me leave with it rattling and I told you on the phone when you called me on the way home, once again chris is my witness here. I could have come back mabye but I live quite a ways away, plus I"m used to things working the first time. Don't compare me with other customers, because you build custom systems, how can you compare my 2.5 inch exhaust with another customer's 3 inch setup that by your own words had different hangers on it. Seems quite alot like apples and oranges.

Which is exactly the reason that I find it funny that you compare your exhaust to the T1R, so many differences who can keep track of them all, once again you throw in random comparason's to "prove your point"

I stand corrected on the magnaflow system

You should really stop saying that I'm making false accusations, I'm just warning members about the fittment and time issues that I experienced, not to mention that you never ever give me a quote for labor on ANY of the emails that you posted, yet you did on the phone, you told me 2 hours

well I see your point, you posted some emails and no PM's which was where most of the conversation happened, not to mention the phone conversations where my points are coming from, so no, I only have your word, I dont have email "proof"

I guess you're smart enough not to put things in writing....mabye you've done this before

I said that the receipt alone is not proof of any of the story, never did I STATE that the invoice is not true

That's a bold face lie, if I had any idea how much it would cost I would have brought the cash, I learned a huge lesson dealing with you. Plus when I was on the way home driving and you called my cell, I told you that it rattled and you told me to bend the exhaust hangers. I now get written estimates before I do business with someone. You never asked if I was satisfied, I specifically remember talking to Chris on the way home saying that I got ripped off, and he agreed.

1. I paid you becuase I am an honorable person and since I had no estimate I had only your word and that's not much in court, so I paid, sometimes in life you get screwed and have to pay for it, I sure did. I've never stiffed anyone in my life and I"m not going to start now. 2. Why didn't I call or come back, like I said it's quite a drive for me and I have a pretty busy schedule, and your shop is the only one that I"ve ever had an issue with something not being done right the first time.
for the answer to 3 please refer to 1.

I'm making these statements becuase it's my experience and I feel that members have the right to know my side of the story. Plus I could deal with the rattle on my 4 door as the emails you posted showed, that car was a little more designed for going fast with little or no compromise...TSX's are NOT race cars, and most members want performance with no compromises, Integra owners seem to be more inclined to deal with small annoyances as it's an economy car. If I had an exhaust on my TSX that rattled it'd really piss me off considering it's more of a luxury sedan. I felt that other members would feel the same way.

I can't equate them, you could have changed the dates or anything since these are only text's posted. Once again I only remember my experience and the countless times I've had conversations with people in the car community up here in Northern VA. I don't keep emails as "proof" they're easily spoofed anyways, not that I'm accusing of such, but you are leaving some out as I remember it, plus the phone conversations we had that you dont remember and I do
IF it was rattling when you left then you should have turned right around. You didn’t.

The reference to my other customer with the 3” exhaust was only to describe how a situation was handled where there might be some rattling, not to compare systems.

The reason I used something like the T1R as a comparison was because it’s the only available bolt on 2-1/2” system that is off the shelf. I like the sound of my exhaust better and the fact that I can make it look stealth which the T1R isn’t. If I loved the T1R I would sell them. Most JDM exhausts are 60mm (2.36”) and there are 1 or 2 at 70mm.

Your recollection of 2 hours as a quote from me is completely wrong. I have never given anybody an off the wall time quote like that for an exhaust. I always give 4-5 hours for a civic or integra. You are correct it’s not in any of the mails. But I know I would have given you the standard answer of 4-5 hours, no doubt. You probably have it confused with something else.

PMs from H-T last about 1 week before they are deleted and yours were some that I didn’t save. I don’t remember every phone call either, especially from 15 months ago, but I know how I would respond if one asked me how long it would take to build an exhaust and 2 hours wouldn’t be it. You say PMs is where most of the conversation was held, you wrote me 17 emails and I responded with 15 emails, I highly doubt we had more PMs than that.

I guess you're smart enough not to put things in writing....mabye you've done this be”ore" You again with these accusations of improper business practices. I think 15 email responses and 17 emails received from you, that I kept and you deleted more or less blows your statement out of the water.

if I had any idea how much it would cost I would have brought the cash” This implies that you would have still have gotten me to weld the system up for you, even at a price higher then you incorrectly remember me quoting you.

You never asked if I was satisfied, I specifically remember talking to Chris on the way home saying that I got ripped off, and he agreed.” But you sent the following email to me that night you got home.

Sent: Saturday, July 03, 2004 9:02 PM

do you want the check sent to your address in your signature or another address

just let me know and i'll send it directly out

Nick

No implication that anything was wrong in that email. Plus even if you got to my shop at 10:30am, like we agreed. Then you were back home (after a 1:15 hr drive ?) and sending me the above email at 9:02 pm, I doubt the email was the first thing you did when you got home. You originally stated you waited 10 hours for me to build the system. That doesn’t add up. You originally stated that you paid over $1000 and you had the bill to prove it, the bill was $923.87, you later stated $200 for a cat and it was $185. You tend to exaggerate simple facts, you are probably getting some of the other facts (that aren’t written down) confused.

Plus I could deal with the rattle on my 4 door as the emails you posted showed” My emails don’t have anything related to rattles.

I can't equate them, you could have changed the dates or anything since these are only text's posted. Once again I only remember my experience and the countless times I've had conversations with people in the car community up here in Northern VA. I don't keep emails as "proof" they're easily spoofed anyways, not that I'm accusing of such, but you are leaving some out as I remember it, plus the phone conversations we had that you dont remember and I do” You say that I could have changed the dates or anything but then say you aren’t accusing of such. That’s pretty much an accusation in my book. I did not change any date or time. We corresponded for 2 months prior to you getting the system. I have a record of 17 emails from you and 15 emails going back to you, so in approximately 60 days 32 emails were passed between us. That doesn’t even included the PMs (which you say were the majority of our conversations). This hardly backs up your previous statement of, “more like the headaches of you taking forever to respond to emails and pm's”.

My final thoughts.

You got a custom built cat and 2-1/2” system to fit one of my headers that you purchased used. The system cost you $923.87, which is more than a fair price when compared to another off the shelf system, but you feel that it’s overpriced. You state that the system always rattled but you never emailed me about the problem, didn’t even include the concern in your last email to me the night of the installation, while you wrote 17 emails leading up to the installation. You never asked to come back down to have it repaired. You sold the system 2-3 months later and described it as “perfect”. Then 15 months after the installation you start to complain about it. You’ve exaggerated price quotes, time to complete the job and the actual cost of the materials and labor. These just don’t add up.

IF the system was rattling, all you needed to do was to come back down and get it fixed…..for free. I think anyone that spent $923 on something from any place would have done that.