Looking For Test Vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005 | 10:55 AM
Pro

What about for ppl with Hondata?
Do you think you could take that into consideration when you're talking with SMSP.
Have him optimized the header for I/H/E & Hondata combination for highest possible gain instead tune it for stock TSX, or in your case TSX and icebox.
Old 08-25-2005 | 11:47 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

I am still willing to allow my car to be used and have sent several pm back and forth but have not gotten a definite.
Old 08-25-2005 | 12:16 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
I am still willing to allow my car to be used and have sent several pm back and forth but have not gotten a definite.
hey man empty you PM box

any luck with those pics?
Old 08-25-2005 | 02:09 PM
Registered Schmegistered

This is all good to hear. I can't wait to see the final product.

How about a group buy once it's finished............

James
Old 08-25-2005 | 02:37 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Well he's a little slow with emails... lol but hopefully it will move faster when we get stuff worked out.
Old 08-25-2005 | 03:17 PM
Header Designer

I'm trying to finish up on some back log items then I'll be getting into this.

Sorry, on custom built stuff I can't do group buys. It still takes the same amount of time to build a header.
Old 08-25-2005 | 03:54 PM
Registered Schmegistered

Originally Posted by SMSP
I'm trying to finish up on some back log items then I'll be getting into this.

Sorry, on custom built stuff I can't do group buys. It still takes the same amount of time to build a header.
Yes but once you're completed with all of hte fabrication and are ready to go into production, would it still be custom? Even if you had an order of 15 headers....
Old 08-25-2005 | 04:36 PM
Header Designer

Yep, since each one is built 1 at a time. Still takes the same about of labor to cut, prep, fit and weld each piece of tubing. Don't confuse an automated assembly line with machines making parts, with hand made parts.

I have to purchase 15-20 custom flanges at a time to just get the costs in line with a hi end header.
Old 08-25-2005 | 05:36 PM
Registered Schmegistered

Yep, since each one is built 1 at a time. Still takes the same about of labor to cut, prep, fit and weld each piece of tubing. Don't confuse an automated assembly line with machines making parts, with hand made parts.

I have to purchase 15-20 custom flanges at a time to just get the costs in line with a hi end header.
OK. Couldn't hurt to ask I guess.
Old 08-25-2005 | 08:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Those custom header flanges are hard to find. It costs me $45 for the metal, machine shop fee to drill, bore and tap the holes, plus more labor to cut and shape it to the correct size.
Old 09-06-2005 | 04:12 PM
yup.

*bump* any update on these headers???
Old 09-06-2005 | 04:30 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by kangjin
*bump* any update on these headers???
I'm still waiting to hear back from him; I know he's busy. I'll let you guys know when I hear something.
Old 09-06-2005 | 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
I'm still waiting to hear back from him; I know he's busy. I'll let you guys know when I hear something.
I am also still waiting to here back from him
Old 10-15-2005 | 02:35 AM
Racer

Any update on this?
Old 10-15-2005 | 05:03 AM
Got Milk???

I"d like to hear more news on this too
Old 10-23-2005 | 09:47 AM
Intermediate

Well the collector will most likely be 2-1/2" so I will also be building a cat and cat back system for the car. So the comparison will most likely be a full stock system versus a full custom obdii system.

However, the donor car will go home with the stock system on the car since I WILL NOT install my systems on street cars. If a street car comes into my shop with a header and no cat, then by law I have to install a cat prior to doing the exhaust.
I owned an smsp header for my integra and drove down to the smsp shop and spent TEN HOURS there waiting for a supposidly bolt on setup for his catback exhaust for my 4 door integra which he told me would take under 2 hours and didn't mention the outragous "labor" rates. Even though my buddy and I helped that got me NO discount on the insane bill

not only did the "custom" exhaust only end up being off the shelf parts (magnaflow) but he had to weld and reweld the damn thing about a billion times while my friend and I literally laid on the concrete waiting for the thing to be finished

the end cost for me of a "bolt-on" exhaust setup for a header that he designed was over a thousand dollars!!!!!!! for magnaflow parts

I have the receipt to prove it

like he says he won't work on street cars and when my buddy and I arrived we took the stock manifold off and installed the smsp header that I purchased then waited eon's for the bolt on exhaust system to be rewelded time after time and then I was charged up the ass for his welding time that seemed like total BS after being told that his exhaust system was a bolt on...however he did end up welding up the highflow cat to the exhaust system and letting me drive home no problem.....(mabye another lie about not working on street cars)

I do admit that the sound was a deep and resonating one and much less ricy then other exhausts but after paying over a grand for a magnaflow catback exhaust that could have been installed at a local shop I have learned my lesson about this guy.

just wanted to warn other tsx owners about the attitude and lies they may possibly endure dealing with this shop

the header is a great product but for my $$$ just wait for the dyno's and buy one used and get ANYONE ELSE to fabricate you an exhaust, to avoid the headaches

Cliffs Notes: smsp was a total Rip for this consumer
Old 10-23-2005 | 11:22 AM
Senior Moderator

The question is, did the system produce gain? We all know the custom build system would cost a lot of $$, so the high price is expected. What did you expect? Where do you think parts come from for a custom system? You can't expect someone to build a muffler from scratch out of raw material. SMSP did say not all of his stuffs are bolt-on, so we already know that. He also mention it would take awhile, and we know that too. That's why he needs a test vehicle.

Btw, do you know how much for just a Toda header and how long it takes to get one? It's also over $1000. Is that a rip too?
Old 10-23-2005 | 12:41 PM

I would like to know what is going on with this I know several people including myself have offered there vehicle up as a test vehicle but we have basically lost contact with SMSP.
Old 10-23-2005 | 01:58 PM
Senior Moderator

I thought SMSP is using TSX.Fury's car? Some update would be nice.
Old 10-23-2005 | 05:53 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by JTso
I thought SMSP is using TSX.Fury's car? Some update would be nice.
haven't heard from him in a while... he emailed me asking my schedule and when I could bring in the car and everything. I responded and I haven't heard from him since
Old 10-24-2005 | 08:43 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JTso
The question is, did the system produce gain? We all know the custom build system would cost a lot of $$, so the high price is expected. What did you expect? Where do you think parts come from for a custom system? You can't expect someone to build a muffler from scratch out of raw material. SMSP did say not all of his stuffs are bolt-on, so we already know that. He also mention it would take awhile, and we know that too. That's why he needs a test vehicle.

Btw, do you know how much for just a Toda header and how long it takes to get one? It's also over $1000. Is that a rip too?
look, I'm just letting you know that he quoted me 600 dollars for a bolt on exhaust system for a header that he made and the end result was over a grand. Plus he DID work on my street car.

as for your Toda comment, yeah I knew that what kind of a stupid question is that? Do you sit in someone's shop all day waiting for your Toda Header to arrive from Japan? My time is work money, I don't know if you're content sitting on a concrete floor all day and doing nothing, but I certainly am not.

Toda never quoted me a price and then raised it by more then 50% after the work was done with no warning. I'm just giving members a heads up, as you could read...I hope

I did mention that the exhaust sounded great, but I wanted to warn other members the potential situation they may be getting into. If you dont want posts like this as a Mod, no problem I'll quit sharing my experiences with the multitude of cars that I"ve owned and worked on myself and the shops in the VA and surrounding area's.
Old 10-24-2005 | 09:21 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by blackthorn
look, I'm just letting you know that he quoted me 600 dollars for a bolt on exhaust system for a header that he made and the end result was over a grand. Plus he DID work on my street car.

as for your Toda comment, yeah I knew that what kind of a stupid question is that? Do you sit in someone's shop all day waiting for your Toda Header to arrive from Japan? My time is work money, I don't know if you're content sitting on a concrete floor all day and doing nothing, but I certainly am not.

Toda never quoted me a price and then raised it by more then 50% after the work was done with no warning. I'm just giving members a heads up, as you could read...I hope

I did mention that the exhaust sounded great, but I wanted to warn other members the potential situation they may be getting into. If you dont want posts like this as a Mod, no problem I'll quit sharing my experiences with the multitude of cars that I"ve owned and worked on myself and the shops in the VA and surrounding area's.
This is great information you posted, thank you for the heads up and your experience with this shop.
Old 10-25-2005 | 02:24 AM
Header Designer

I owned an smsp header for my integra and drove down to the smsp shop and spent TEN HOURS there waiting for a supposidly bolt on setup for his catback exhaust for my 4 door integra which he told me would take under 2 hours and didn't mention the outragous "labor" rates. Even though my buddy and I helped that got me NO discount on the insane bill

not only did the "custom" exhaust only end up being off the shelf parts (magnaflow) but he had to weld and reweld the damn thing about a billion times while my friend and I literally laid on the concrete waiting for the thing to be finished

the end cost for me of a "bolt-on" exhaust setup for a header that he designed was over a thousand dollars!!!!!!! for magnaflow parts

I have the receipt to prove it

like he says he won't work on street cars and when my buddy and I arrived we took the stock manifold off and installed the smsp header that I purchased then waited eon's for the bolt on exhaust system to be rewelded time after time and then I was charged up the ass for his welding time that seemed like total BS after being told that his exhaust system was a bolt on...however he did end up welding up the highflow cat to the exhaust system and letting me drive home no problem.....(mabye another lie about not working on street cars)

I do admit that the sound was a deep and resonating one and much less ricy then other exhausts but after paying over a grand for a magnaflow catback exhaust that could have been installed at a local shop I have learned my lesson about this guy.

just wanted to warn other tsx owners about the attitude and lies they may possibly endure dealing with this shop

the header is a great product but for my $$$ just wait for the dyno's and buy one used and get ANYONE ELSE to fabricate you an exhaust, to avoid the headaches

Cliffs Notes: smsp was a total Rip for this consumer

10 hours”? My email to you on May 4, 2004 stated my labor rate of $75/hr,s o that would equate to $750 for labor, correct? Also, you were scheduled to come down at 10:30am, I think you were a little late, so that meant you were at my shop until at least 8:30pm? Don’t think so.

Bolt on setup”? Never did I say this was a bolt on set up, that’s why there is a labor rate for welding as we discussed in our emails. I believe you sent me around 17 emails.

he told me would take under 2 hours and didn't mention the outragous "labor" rates” Never did I tell you I would or could weld up an entire cat back system in 2 hours, and my response to one of your emails

To: netsurf12@cox.net
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 4:32 AM
Subject: Re: Re: smsp exhaust

Yes, I can weld up a system. My shop rate is $75/hr, however, I won't install the header since it's going on a street car.

David Stadulis
SMS Products
4747 Ewell Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
540-287-6384

Even though my buddy and I helped that got me NO discount on the insane bill”?
From the email above I stated that I don’t install my stuff since it’s a street car. You agreed to come down and remove your header and install your new header. I then installed a cat and cat back system.

not only did the "custom" exhaust only end up being off the shelf parts (magnaflow)
My May 2, 2004 email to you gave you prices of the components for you to choose from, you were fully aware of this.

he had to weld and reweld the damn thing about a billion times” Then you got a deal on the labor charge.

the end cost for me of a "bolt-on" exhaust setup for a header that he designed was over a thousand dollars!!!!!!! for magnaflow parts” I’ll show the receipt later but not over $1000 and you knew what you were getting as we discussed it in some 17 emails.

I have the receipt to prove it” Me too, and I’ll post it.

like he says he won't work on street cars and when my buddy and I arrived we took the stock manifold off and installed the smsp header that I purchased then waited eon's for the bolt on exhaust system to be rewelded time after time and then I was charged up the ass for his welding time that seemed like total BS after being told that his exhaust system was a bolt on...” My response.

----- Original Message -----
To: Nick Longworth
Sent: Sunday, May 02, 2004 12:52 AM
Subject: Re: smsp exhaust

Nick,

I sell the kits or can build one on your car. I really don't do much installation since I don't have a lift. The installs I do are more gear towards prototype stuff. Where are you located?

David Stadulis
SMS Products
4747 Ewell Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
540-287-6384

Again, I never told or wrote you that it was a bolt on system. As for my labor rate…..

Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 10:53 AM

Actually it was $75, when were you thinking about doing it? I think I said before that I'm really not set up for this (no lift).

David Stadulis
SMS Products
4747 Ewell Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
540-287-6384
To: SMS Products
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 8:09 PM

in an earlier email you said you charge 100 an hour to weld, would you be able to weld it up onto my car?

Nick

Again, I made it perfectly clear to you what is was.

however he did end up welding up the highflow cat to the exhaust system and letting me drive home no problem.....(mabye another lie about not working on street cars)” I told you I don’t install my headers but if a car has only a header on it then I must install a cat. Be careful in making the accusation that I lied to you. In over 5 years of business you are the first to do so. My business and my life are run on integrity, something that you may think about adding to yours. You will never find a story like what you wrote here any place on the internet about me. The reason for that is everything I’ve done was per the high standards I set for myself from day one. Which I still have.

I do admit that the sound was a deep and resonating one and much less ricy then other exhausts but after paying over a grand for a magnaflow catback exhaust that could have been installed at a local shop I have learned my lesson about this guy.” I’m glad you liked it and maybe you could have saved a few bucks getting a muffler shop to weld the kit up for you, but the quality you got was much higher than a local muffler shop would have done.

just wanted to warn other tsx owners about the attitude and lies they may possibly endure dealing with this shop” Again, be careful with making accusations of me lying. You are also the first, I believe, that thinks I have an attitude.

the header is a great product but for my $$$ just wait for the dyno's and buy one used and get ANYONE ELSE to fabricate you an exhaust,” I’ve known people to pay more for one of my used headers versus waiting a couple of months to get one new. But it’s your choice.

to avoid the headaches” Ahh……Was that because you had to read the 15 emails I wrote back to you?

Cliffs Notes: smsp was a total Rip for this consumer” Point taken....... with a grain of salt.

look, I'm just letting you know that he quoted me 600 dollars for a bolt on exhaust system for a header that he made and the end result was over a grand. Plus he DID work on my street car.” Never did I quote you $600 for a total cat and cat back system welded up. That is a material cost and you were told multiple times that the system had to be welded.

Which emails should I post to answer this one. I save everything.

I did mention that the exhaust sounded great, but I wanted to warn other members the potential situation they may be getting into. If you dont want posts like this as a Mod, no problem I'll quit sharing my experiences with the multitude of cars that I"ve owned and worked on myself and the shops in the VA and surrounding area's.” What situation should they,the members, be warned about? Working with SMSP or reading blackthorn’s posts?

Here is the copy of his receipt.

As you can see he was charged $412 for the 2-1/2” 304 stainless tubing kit, flanges, hangers, resonator and muffler, and probably a 2-1/2” donut. $185 for an OBDII cat. $26.87 for VA tax, before the tax rate was increased to 5%. Then $300 labor for cat install and welding the entire cat back exhaust, which he stated above took 10 hours and damn near a billion welds. For a total of $923.87, not over a $1000 like he stated above.

Or he could have spent

$185 for the same OBDII Carsound 93506 cat
$725 for say a 2-1/2” T1R cat back exhaust (which has been known to rattle)

For a sub total of $910

$? then pay to get the T1R shortened due to the longer SMSP header
$? cat install
$? cat back install
$? shipping of the cat and cat back system

So, he got the last 4 items for $13.87! Damn, thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will be raising my prices to get in line with the rest of the industry.

You sir owe me and this board an apology.
Old 10-25-2005 | 02:45 AM
Header Designer

Here's another link to the receipt

Old 10-25-2005 | 06:08 AM
Drifting

WOw...... after all that, I think SMS is more resonable man.....

and he even got the receipt.....dude....case close~
Old 10-25-2005 | 07:06 PM
Intermediate

http://www.hottexhaust.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=93506

here's the same cat for 99 dollars... it literally took me 5 seconds to find it for that price online, I thought 200 dollars for a cat was totally unreasonable now as I did then and if I can find it for a hundred dollars I am quite sure I could not only find one locally cheaper but quite easily

as for comparing your exhaust to a T1R, your exhaust rattled to hell and gone the entire time I owned the car. EVERY DAY, and as I was leaving the shop the car rattled, Chris is a witness to all of this, you told me that I could bend the hangers and it wouldn't rattle, I was never able to stop the thing from rattling.

now for the T1R made out of SUS 305 stainless steel and has a beautiful muffler with a titanium tip

from magnaflow's own site online I found a full catback exhaust system for 564.06 and I'm having trouble understanding the differences from ordering that exhaust setup from them and paying you an extra 300 dollars to weld up one

the next 2 google searches show prices for 464 and 435.86 with free shipping

members should be warned because not only are you not including emails and pm's that stated the time required to install your "bolt on exhaust" but our phone conversations and the conversations we had when I arrived at your shop. Chris is also a witness to these conversations.

and the headaches were not from reading your 15 emails, as you say.... more like the headaches of you taking forever to respond to emails and pm's like members here have already had issues with.

Benz_05_TSX : just a word of advice lots of business keep receipts, in the usa we have these things called taxes and you often need to prove where the money comes from as a business, you shouldn't necessarily look to the receipt as any kind of proof

once again, I have posted my experiences with SMSP for the benefit of members here, take what both sides say with a grain of salt, becuase there are multiple sides to every story
Old 10-25-2005 | 07:39 PM
A DiRTBAG decal on my

here's the same cat for 99 dollars... it literally took me 5 seconds to find it for that price online, I thought 200 dollars for a cat was totally unreasonable now as I did then and if I can find it for a hundred dollars I am quite sure I could not only find one locally cheaper but quite easily
Not trying to get in the middle of things here. The link provided is for the cat alone, NOT including the work done for your fitment. He had to weld O2 bungs and flanges to the cat and probably other things.

How do I know? I purchased a high-flow cat from SMSP for my Integra a few years ago. Fitment = Bolted on with no problems at all
Old 10-25-2005 | 09:12 PM

ok am not getting in the middle of this just wondering if we have a test car picked out yet
Old 10-25-2005 | 09:35 PM
Header Designer

ok am not getting in the middle of this just wondering if we have a test car picked out yet
I plan to use TSX.Fury's car, but I'll be doing a DC2 with a K24 first. then the time for TSX.Fury's car should be less.
Old 10-25-2005 | 09:39 PM

I plan to use TSX.Fury's car, but I'll be doing a DC2 with a K24 first. then the time for TSX.Fury's car should be less.
ok cool. you have like a vague time frame on when this will start like just the month maybe.
Old 10-25-2005 | 10:42 PM
send me a link to JDM??

yay

Just let me know so I can save up the $
Old 10-25-2005 | 10:50 PM
Header Designer

as for comparing your exhaust to a T1R, your exhaust rattled to hell and gone the entire time I owned the car. EVERY DAY, and as I was leaving the shop the car rattled, Chris is a witness to all of this, you told me that I could bend the hangers and it wouldn't rattle, I was never able to stop the thing from rattling.

now for the T1R made out of SUS 305 stainless steel and has a beautiful muffler with a titanium tip

from magnaflow's own site online I found a full catback exhaust system for 564.06 and I'm having trouble understanding the differences from ordering that exhaust setup from them and paying you an extra 300 dollars to weld up one

the next 2 google searches show prices for 464 and 435.86 with free shipping

members should be warned because not only are you not including emails and pm's that stated the time required to install your "bolt on exhaust" but our phone conversations and the conversations we had when I arrived at your shop. Chris is also a witness to these conversations.

and the headaches were not from reading your 15 emails, as you say.... more like the headaches of you taking forever to respond to emails and pm's like members here have already had issues with.

Benz_05_TSX : just a word of advice lots of business keep receipts, in the usa we have these things called taxes and you often need to prove where the money comes from as a business, you shouldn't necessarily look to the receipt as any kind of proof

once again, I have posted my experiences with SMSP for the benefit of members here, take what both sides say with a grain of salt, becuase there are multiple sides to every story
Well you could have gone to my site too since I sell the same universal cat for $100. The cat you bought for $185 had an O2 bung welded on, the heat shields had extra welding, there was a 3 bolt flange welded to the outlet and some flared tubing welded to the inlet plus the floating flange that mates up to the header.

You are again exaggerating pricing ($200). Obviously 15 months ago you couldn’t find it cheaper and you came to me.

I wouldn’t have let you leave my shop with it rattling. You never called or emailed me about it rattling “every day”, if you did, you could have come back down and it would have been fixed….for free. But you didn’t. I had one customer where I built a 3” exhaust (non Honda) and everything was so close, so there was a chance of something rattling. The guy had the original muffler hangers that were so soft. I told him he needed to get some new ones or maybe even some aftermarket hard ones to control the exhaust. He agreed and I have never heard from him since.

The T1R is made from 304 stainless as was your tubing, I don’t believe your resonator and muffler was since you wanted them painted black so as not to stick out, like a shiny polished stainless muffler and huge tip of the T1R. Also the T1R sounds more raspy than mine and again you wanted to come to me and not buy the T1R or anything else.

The bolt on Magnaflow cat back available for your car is 2-1/4” system you wanted 2-1/2”, there’s one big difference. The other is the fact that the 2-1/4” system is made on a production line with full size jigs and 100s are made. That’s why the costs are cheaper.

pm's that stated the time required to install your "bolt on exhaust" I don’t have copies of our PMs or phone conversations. I never said it was a bolt on system, in fact my first email to you showed that the tubing was loose, the second line also differentiates the pricing when welding is involved, i.e flange and hangers. Even your first email (5/1/04) to me states, “….and you can make something up”, that sure doesn’t sound like a bolt on system to me. You really should stop bringing false accusations against me.

Benz_05_TSX : just a word of advice lots of business keep receipts, in the usa we have these things called taxes and you often need to prove where the money comes from as a business, you shouldn't necessarily look to the receipt as any kind of proof” So you are saying that my invoice is not true after just stating that we need invoices to prove where the money comes from?

You are right, there are 2 sides to every story. A false one and the truth. To date you haven’t provided any proof of your statements. I on the other hand have many times over.

When I was finished the work on your car, I asked you about the way it sounded, looked and your feelings on the bill which I do with all the folks that I do work on their cars. I remember this because I work on only a few cars in my shop and I ask it of all my customers. You were satisfied.

You paid the balance ($383.87) by personal check, which you didn’t even have with you. I trusted you to send it to me in the mail. Why? Hell if I know now. But I guess it was because I thought I could trust you and I had no reason to believe you were dissatisfied with the work and wouldn’t stiff me. If you were so dissatisfied with my work, 1) why did you promptly pay me? 2) why didn’t you call or come back? and 3) why didn’t you stop payment on the check? I’m really trying to understand why you are now, for the first time 15 months after the work was performed, making these false statements about me and my company?

Here are some of our emails, check the dates and times and try to equate that to your definition of “taking forever to respond to emails”.

> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Nick Longworth
> To: smsproducts@adelphia.net
> Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 2:12 PM
> Subject: smsp exhaust
>
>
> I'm picking up one of your headers used from another honda-tech member
>
> I would really like to match it up to a 2.5 inch exhaust on my 4 door integra
>
> I know there are other members on Honda-tech that appreciate your work and also have 4 door integra's. I was told that the 4 doors need a slightly longer exhaust, so mabye I can bring my car by and you can make something up so I and other people can use your system
>
> I'd want a cat and full exhaust
>
> let me know what you can do for me
>
> I also asked Ed if he could ask, so I'm the guy he's talking about
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Nick Longworth
>
 From: "SMS Products" <smsproducts@adelphia.net>
> Date: 2004/05/02 Sun PM 02:37:46 EDT
> To: "Nick Longworth" <netsurf12@cox.net>
> Subject: Re: smsp exhaust
>
> 2-1/2" stainless tubing kit (loose) $205
>
>
> 2-1/2" stainless tubing kit (w/ 2 hangers and 1 tig welded flange) $275
>
>
> 14" aluminized resonator $50
>
>
> 18" aluminized resonator $55
>
>
> 22" aluminized resonator $60
>
>
> 14" stainless resonator $60
>
>
> 4x9 oval, 5x8 oval, or 6" round aluminized muffler $70
>
>
> 5x8 stainless muffler $85
>
>
> Muffler hangers mild steel $5
>
>
> Muffler hangers stainless steel $10
>
>
>
>
> David Stadulis
> SMS Products
> 4747 Ewell Road
> Fredericksburg, VA 22408
> 540-287-6384

Sent: Sunday, May 02, 2004 4:54 PM

ok, I'm not sure on the parts I'm going to need, but you weld everything up, correct?

I want a system that will bolt up to your header (I'm buying one used from a Ht member)

I also need a cat

this is an all motor B18C JDM type R motor, it dyno'd at 215 whp with a jdm honda 4-1, so I figure between your header and the J's intake and hondata tuning I may be between 220-230 whp

I want a 2.5inch exhaust to support this

you're the expert so I trust your judgement, I'd prefer stainless, and I LOVE the way the black coated mufflers that I have been seing on honda-tech

let me know what you think or should I clarify in any other way

sorry for my long emails, thank you for bearing with me on this

To: netsurf12@cox.net
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 4:32 AM

Yes, I can weld up a system. My shop rate is $75/hr, however, I won't install the header since it's going on a street car.

David Stadulis
SMS Products
4747 Ewell Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
540-287-6384

Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 6:23 AM

ok, I want a 2.5 inch stainless steel exhaust setup, I'd like the 2 resonators, preferably the ones you picture here

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=450813

I want a lightweight high performance setup

I dont know how many hangers I need, I'm relying on you right now, I can install the setup myself, but I would like some kind of extention made so it will fit my 4 door integra, is that possible?

I also want a 2.5 inch cat from you as well

also would you be able to get the parts that are not stainless coated in that high temp black ceramic coating for me, if so how much extra would that cost

thanks again for bearing with me

Nick

Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 9:39 PM

I don't offer those since they are more race related and may not hold up to the every day abuse of the street. However, if you wanted to go that route we could use the 12" version here http://www.burnsstainless.com/Ultral...temuffler.html

However, to make this fit the tubing would need to be custome bent which would add still more to the price.

I don't coat the parts until all the welding (tip and hangers is completed).

David Stadulis
SMS Products
4747 Ewell Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
540-287-6384

Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 9:54 PM

I"m looking for something that looks very stock in outward appearance, the link you sent me looks alot like an N1 style muffler

do you have any suggestions?

Nick

Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 2:28 AM

That link was for the resonator that might be able to be used along side the gas tank like the stock version. The rear muffler would be either a 6" round or 5x8 oval.

David Stadulis
SMS Products
4747 Ewell Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
540-287-6384

Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 6:54 AM

how much for a full exhaust using the lightweight resonators, and how much for one using your standard resonators

also how much extra will the black ceramic coating run me

Im' very sorry I didn't see the link was resonators, I thought for some reason you were talking about mufflers

Nick

P.S. do you think you'll have any problem making the extention that my car will require, being a 4 door? have you made one before?

Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 12:24 AM

The tubing kit comes with extra material so the added length for your 4dr isn't a problem. As for the light weight resonators you would just substitute those prices for my resonator prices. As for the coating, it's pricey at $60 for the muffler however, it only should be done after th ehangers are welded to the muffler.

David Stadulis
SMS Products
4747 Ewell Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
540-287-6384

And another series of emails

Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 11:52 AM

I called you today and left a message, I'd like to talk on the phone to finalize everything
Nick

Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 10:06 PM

David Stadulis
SMS Products
4747 Ewell Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
540-287-6384

SMS Products Will Be Closed From 6/21 until 6/28

Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 7:10 AM

let me know when would be a good time to call you to finalize everything about my exhaust

Nick

Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 10:52 AM

Nick,

Please call me around 10am Weds.

David Stadulis
SMS Products
4747 Ewell Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
540-287-6384

Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 7:31 PM

please call me sometime, I want to get my exhaust this week or next week if possible, it is the ONLY thing stopping me from getting dyno tuned with SGT, I work nights so I stayed up to talk to you and didn't sleep at all today, let me know when I can talk to you about my exhaust and get this done
email me, netsurf12@cox.net
or call me, cell: ***-***-*** Home: ***-***-****

Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 10:18 PM

Nick,

I called and talked to your Dad about 45 minutes ago. I may be able to install it Sat sometime. We have family coming in Thursday afternoon and staying until Sat morning, so I'm not sure when on Sat I could do it. Maybe early afternoon or evening. What time of the day on Saturday would be better for you?

Also, what header did you buy? 1 piece or 4 piece?

David Stadulis
SMS Products
4747 Ewell Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
540-287-6384

Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 7:14 PM

I left a message at the number on this email, let me know what time tomorrow will be good for you, I'm still planning on coming but it will take me an hour and 15 min according to yahoo maps

so just let me know, feel free to call my house, or call my cell phone

Home***-***-****:
Cell:***-***-****

thanks again

Nick

Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 11:36 PM

Let's shoot for 10:30am, the header needs to be on the car. I don't/won't install any of my pieces on a street car, if a car shows up without a header then by law I must install one.

Take Exit 126

Turn LEFT unto RT 1 North

Turn LEFT unto Mine Rd (Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Mickey Ds on the corner)

Go to and through the next light

After light and quicky mart immediately turn RIGHT unto Ewell Road

Go about 1/4 mile and turn LEFT into the Ewell Road Complex

Go towards the back and turn turn Left, I'm about 1/2 way down on the left (#4747).

I don't accept credit cards.

David Stadulis
SMS Products
4747 Ewell Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
540-287-6384

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, this board or any board on the internet does not benefit from a member making false accusations about another member and/or business.

Again, you sir owe me and this board an apology.
Old 10-25-2005 | 11:05 PM
Header Designer

To all the board members, I do apologize for taking this thread off on a tangent. But when someone calls me a liar, I take that very seriously. I have and will always defend my name and word. I believe most who read this will have no doubt that I've provided adequate information to prove the real side of this story.
Old 10-25-2005 | 11:07 PM

yay

Just let me know so I can save up the $
damn you that is where my car was going to go this winter
Old 10-25-2005 | 11:20 PM
Header Designer

damn you that is where my car was going to go this winter
Please keep the offer open, you'll never know what may be needed.
Old 10-25-2005 | 11:23 PM

Please keep the offer open, you'll never know what may be needed.
still is
Old 10-25-2005 | 11:38 PM
send me a link to JDM??

still is
good cause depending on $ I might not be able to afford it... I didn't think it was gonna happen so that money went to the Euro-R kit.
Old 10-26-2005 | 12:38 AM

good cause depending on $ I might not be able to afford it... I didn't think it was gonna happen so that money went to the Euro-R kit.
well you know i might not have the money either but my car can be used to design the header and let me have the discount at a later date when I can afford my own.
Old 10-26-2005 | 01:09 AM
Header Designer

Well a customer of mine found this over on honda tech about this exhaust of blackthorn's.

His For Sale Thread http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=973732

BlackThorN

1556 posts [100%]
South of DC VA
1-6-2003

SMSP Full Catback with Header for 4 door Integra « » 1:19 PM 8/28/2004
Reply Edit

I have a Ceramic coated SMSP header connected to a custom SMSP Full 2.5" catback with 2.5 cat on my 4 door integra.
I paid 1k for the exhaust alone (I have the receipt to prove it) Dave from smsp made it in front of me
this will bolt up to any 4 door integra and is the perfect all motor exhaust
pm me with offers
btw, I need a stock b pipe and axel back also
Nick

Modified by BlackThorN at 1:39 PM 9/8/2004

2002 Magma Red C32 AMG
sold...what's next?
currently drive a bmw 325is
Past Cars:
98 LS 4 door..sold
2000 Honda S2000(SOLD)
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/sho...wpost
Vouch Thread
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=579127
Old 10-26-2005 | 02:00 AM
Drifting

Um....Blackthorn..... just to let you know.....we DO HAVE TAXES up here in canada as well, it's not just a US thing..... wtf do you think we are?? And hell, not all your states have taxes (like Oregon), but we do.......

and as for the info.... i think SMSP provided more concrete info....

but whatever man, we will let TSX Fury be our white mouse and test out how SMSP works....hahaha...... will TSX Fury's car be faster than.......DUZY??......

Quick Reply: Looking For Test Vehicle