Hondata Reflash Ordered -- Finally!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 10:32 PM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hondata Reflash Ordered -- Finally!

After much hemming and hawing (and explaining to my wife that a car is never fast "enough"), I sent in my $595 and am anxiously awaiting my package to send off ECU, immobilizer, and key. I'm so excited, I went out and waxed my car again just for the hell of it.

I know, it's not like I'm adding a supercharger or anything, but the reflash will, I think, fill in the annoying holes in the TSX's torque curve and make an already wonderful car that much better. Can't wait!
Old 09-24-2005, 10:54 PM
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
congrads!
Old 09-25-2005, 12:21 AM
04 remembrance

Enjoy it! There has been only positive responses
Old 09-25-2005, 01:20 PM
Special-K

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by iamhomin
Enjoy it! There has been only positive responses
NO.. i didnt feel anypower when i got my reflash..sendin it back to get it flashed back to stock form!! Oh..and i was just kidding!
Old 09-25-2005, 05:31 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Actually, there was ONE person who was disappointed (I forget the username but she has a LOT of mods and her boyfriend drives an M3 I think). Everyone else raves. Let us know what you think. And, welcome back from wherever you disappeared to.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:04 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by jlukja
Actually, there was ONE person who was disappointed (I forget the username but she has a LOT of mods and her boyfriend drives an M3 I think). Everyone else raves. Let us know what you think. And, welcome back from wherever you disappeared to.
http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25021

Old 09-26-2005, 07:14 AM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

Originally Posted by jlukja
Thanks, I disappeared temporarily to prove to my wife that I don't have to sit in front of the computer every evening. Glad to be back on the board, I'll let you know what the butt-dyno says (it's fairly sensitive). I'm going to look into before/after chassis dynos, depending on what they cost. I read the thread where the woman couldn't feel anything. Sounds like she over-expected on the one hand, but not to feel anything seems out of place with what everyone else has written.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:43 PM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

Got the reflashed ECU back and installed this evening and all I can say is WOW! This is a must-have mod in my opinion! It doesn't really make a lot of difference in off-the-line performance (which the dynos support) but the car most definitely pulls much harder over 4k. When really standing on it to 7600 with each shift, the car pulls much harder and doesn't run out of breath. (I guess I didn't realize it was running out of breath before, but it was.) It's also smoother when shifting from 1st to 2nd -- it doesn't have that bog as you get into 2nd.

I did several "power" runs and will continue to do so (why not?) so the ECU gets acclimated to my style. (That's right, isn't it? The ECU adjusts to your pedal-mashing habits?)

Combined with my home-devised "Icebox" intake (basically, plastic plumbing pipe and a K&N filter in the stock box), my TSX is very noticeably meaner and pulls much harder. Now, on to headers and a high-flow cat and I'm all done. (Yeah, right.)

Thanks, Doug and everyone at Hondata. Very nice work!
Old 10-07-2005, 12:05 AM
WAS HONDATAFIED IN

i would look into getting a injen cai, as your home mad icebox is restricting some hp.....after an injen i'm sure you'll get another 5 or more ponies from a proper cai and hondata reflash...... and welcome to the hondta team....lol..... i still love mine and i got it in april.....or was that march? when it first came out

ps nice car combo
Old 10-07-2005, 12:22 AM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

The main thing preventing me from going to an Injen or AEM CAI is the noise. I don't want the car to sound very much different from stock and I'm concerned that, especially when I'm getting into it, a CAI will be noisier than I want.

It's on my mind, though. Noise isn't always bad . . . Perhaps when I install a header, I'll go ahead and go with the higher-flow CAI.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:41 PM
WAS HONDATAFIED IN

Originally Posted by peter_bigblock
The main thing preventing me from going to an Injen or AEM CAI is the noise. I don't want the car to sound very much different from stock and I'm concerned that, especially when I'm getting into it, a CAI will be noisier than I want.

It's on my mind, though. Noise isn't always bad . . . Perhaps when I install a header, I'll go ahead and go with the higher-flow CAI.
well the cai is loud only if your about 3/4 throttle or more, under everyday driving it will not sound any difference from a STOCK airbox...... with hondata and cai, the car sounds pissed and everyone gets out of your way ...... click on my time slip in my sig and follow the link to the drag videos there i have an exterior clip with injen cai (non hondata) and an interior shot with cai and hondata the first run i got with my hondata installed, its an interior shot...... keep in mind music was not playing on the interior shot.....

ps. i made it asier...here is link http://www.trashproductions.com/gallery/Videos-TSX look at tsx flyby and first hondata run