Honda Accord upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005 | 05:40 PM
Pro

Honda Accord upgrades?

Hey all,
I know this doesn't directly relate to the TSX, but since the Accord is essentially the same I was hoping you could help me out. I'm looking to buy an 03 or newer Accord with the 2.4 and 5-speed manual. These are the upgrades I plan to do when I get the car:

Stage ???? clutch and flywheel
Short Shifter kit
Cat-back exhaust
SR Intake (not a cold air)

Any suggestions about which brands/types are good? Thanks!
BTW, I don't want a loud or ricy exhaust -- I was thinking something like a bigger pipe from the cat to a "turbo" muffler that isn't really loud except under hard acceleration.

Thanks,
Slats
Old 03-29-2005 | 05:52 PM
Audi Driving Snob

EVen though the engines share a lot of similarties they also have a lot of difference. Different vtech mechanism, cams, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, ecu tuning, pistongs, rods etc etc. For that reason i think alot of us here aren't experts on the best mods for the k24a4(accord motor). I do know dc sports has some dynos on their page of some very good gains on the a4 using their header/exhaust.
Old 03-29-2005 | 05:58 PM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by slats
Hey all,
I know this doesn't directly relate to the TSX, but since the Accord is essentially the same I was hoping you could help me out.
Advise #1: put your flamesuit on

Advise #2: there must be an Accord forum site just as good as this for the TSX?!? it

Other than that, good luck finding your info
Old 03-29-2005 | 06:01 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Originally Posted by 05_TSX_GP
there must be an Accord forum site just as good as this for the TSX?!? it
I asked mandercruso if there was an accord forum as good as this TSX forum, and she said hasn't found one as good as this one, so that's why she posts here.

I guess Acurazine is

Try v6performance.net. I think this is geared towards V6 accords, but it's worth a shot.
Old 03-29-2005 | 06:15 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Short Shifter kit
Cat-back exhaust
I believe exhausts are exactly the same between the TSX and accord, and probably the short shifter too. strangely there's no one good accord forum. Get a TSX so you can come here for all your info.
Old 03-29-2005 | 06:34 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

I believe the Comptech Sway is also the same for the accord and TSX.

On the Comptech website, they have the same part number for both models. This is a great mod for the TSX, so maybe it will be for the accord too.
Old 03-29-2005 | 06:44 PM
n00b

Originally Posted by TinkySD
Different vtech mechanism....
TinkySD is such a . He spelled VTEC with an "h" at the end.

Old 03-29-2005 | 08:05 PM
Audi Driving Snob

Originally Posted by vwong
TinkySD is such a . He spelled VTEC with an "h" at the end.

I vote to myself. Any other votes? Not being on this site will give me more time to make calls on my "vtech" brand phone.
Old 03-29-2005 | 09:31 PM
Pro

Yeah, I am a member of cordclub.com but it is not nearly as good as this forum....there are less idiots though. Thanks for the help, guys. BTW, how the the sway bar make such a big difference?

Slats
Old 04-02-2005 | 02:16 AM
Port & Polish Everything

visit accordtuner.com

The K24A4 accord responds well to mods. One of the members at AT has an MT I4 accord that runs 15.1@95 with just I/H/E.
Old 04-02-2005 | 02:48 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Yeah, I am a member of cordclub.com but it is not nearly as good as this forum....there are less idiots though.

Slats
So what are you trying to say with that last statement?
Old 04-02-2005 | 04:29 AM
Advanced

Yeah, I am a member of cordclub.com but it is not nearly as good as this forum....there are less idiots though.

Slats
Looking at your previous threads/posts.. I don't think you have a right to call anyone idiots.
Old 04-02-2005 | 10:06 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by bufo
Looking at your previous threads/posts.. I don't think you have a right to call anyone idiots.
Old 04-02-2005 | 04:59 PM
cmf
ATCer

....there are less idiots though.
Slats

I think everyone should remember that statement next time he asks a question.

I say let the fucker fend for himself!
Old 04-03-2005 | 04:52 PM
Instructor

Hey all,
I know this doesn't directly relate to the TSX, but since the Accord is essentially the same I was hoping you could help me out. I'm looking to buy an 03 or newer Accord with the 2.4 and 5-speed manual. These are the upgrades I plan to do when I get the car:

Short Shifter kit
Cat-back exhaust

Any suggestions about which brands/types are good? Thanks!
BTW, I don't want a loud or ricy exhaust -- I was thinking something like a bigger pipe from the cat to a "turbo" muffler that isn't really loud except under hard acceleration.

Thanks,
Slats

Slats,

I have europe version of Honda Accord 2.4 6 MT 2004 and I am already 1 year member of this forum. So far I can tell you next things:

- CAI: I installed Injen and it's ok. At dyno test we measured add. 12PS increase.
- engine: K24A3 (TSX has K24A3)
- exhaust: I suggest Fujitsubu (to buy from US), but there is not case in PS. I f you have $$ you can afford Mugen
- header: So fat the only alternative for Acord is DC SPORTS or COMPTECH
- styling on K24 engine (JDM, SPOON) - I already have it and it's ok
- Mugen grill for TSX is also ok on europe version of Accord
- Hondata reflash: Soo far reflash is certified for ECU RBB-A01 and RBB-A02. Honda Slovenia provide me details that europe version of Honda Accord 2.4 is RBB-E02. I need to buy one ECU and to send it to Hondata. I am already on contact with Hondata.
- COMPTECH S/C. We all wait for this. We asume for add. 75 HP for around 4.000 usd. This should work also on Honda Accord since this part itself it's not so problematic as it is on ECU.
- wheels: I am buying right now OZ Racing wheels Palladio and Bridgestone 19" 235/35 that are TUV certified for Honda Accord. Offset is ok with 45.
Old 04-04-2005 | 09:08 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by bmencig
Slats,

I have europe version of Honda Accord 2.4 6 MT 2004 and I am already 1 year member of this forum. So far I can tell you next things:

- CAI: I installed Injen and it's ok. At dyno test we measured add. 12PS increase.
- engine: K24A3 (TSX has K24A3)
- exhaust: I suggest Fujitsubu (to buy from US), but there is not case in PS. I f you have $$ you can afford Mugen
- header: So fat the only alternative for Acord is DC SPORTS or COMPTECH
- styling on K24 engine (JDM, SPOON) - I already have it and it's ok
- Mugen grill for TSX is also ok on europe version of Accord
- Hondata reflash: Soo far reflash is certified for ECU RBB-A01 and RBB-A02. Honda Slovenia provide me details that europe version of Honda Accord 2.4 is RBB-E02. I need to buy one ECU and to send it to Hondata. I am already on contact with Hondata.
- COMPTECH S/C. We all wait for this. We asume for add. 75 HP for around 4.000 usd. This should work also on Honda Accord since this part itself it's not so problematic as it is on ECU.
- wheels: I am buying right now OZ Racing wheels Palladio and Bridgestone 19" 235/35 that are TUV certified for Honda Accord. Offset is ok with 45.
Actually, TSX engine has the K24A2 code name. It must be because of some minor detail that leads to the 10hp difference between Euro and US version.

Also, the NA Accord has a completely different chassis than the CL9/CL7s There really isn't too many similarities save from the K24 block.

slats, you could try www.accordinglydone.com

Small community, but still some pretty good info. Maybe somewhat stagnant though.
Old 04-04-2005 | 09:19 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by sauceman
Also, the NA Accord has a completely different chassis than the CL9/CL7s There really isn't too many similarities save from the K24 block.
you'd be surprised how similar to the US accord and CL9 chasis is. We can share rear sway, exhaust, shocks and springs. The platform is different, but many of the mounting points are the same.
Old 04-04-2005 | 09:59 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

....there are less idiots though.
Slats
Originally Posted by cmf
I think everyone should remember that statement next time he asks a question.

I say let the fucker fend for himself!
I agree with you fully cmf wtf is his problem
Old 04-04-2005 | 10:33 AM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by xizor
you'd be surprised how similar to the US accord and CL9 chasis is. We can share rear sway, exhaust, shocks and springs. The platform is different, but many of the mounting points are the same.
In the line of chassis sharing, I've read in the latest Consumer Report ( publication) that the TL is "based on" the North America Accord. I assume they mean sharing the chassis. Is that true???
Old 04-04-2005 | 04:56 PM
Pro

Thanks for your help guys. As for cmf, don't mind him. He must just still be pissed off at my poll since he is one of the few people that thinks emblem swapping isn't dorky. Oh well. He'll get over it.
Old 04-04-2005 | 05:00 PM
cmf
ATCer

Thanks for your help guys. As for cmf, don't mind him. He must just still be pissed off at my poll since he is one of the few people that thinks emblem swapping isn't dorky. Oh well. He'll get over it.

Don't really care about your opinion of what is nice, cool, good looking (regarding your poll)... I'm pissed on the fact that if someone doesn't agree with you, they are gay, lame, and now idiots. Seems to me like you're digging your own grave there slats. Soon enough, I'm sure you'll be gone. One can only hope at least.
Old 04-04-2005 | 05:07 PM
Top notch 6MT

I actually am another one of the "few" people who didn't agree with you on emblem swapping being lame and dorky, go ahead and check my posts there... you gonna me now?!?

Originally Posted by bufo
Looking at your previous threads/posts.. I don't think you have a right to call anyone idiots
x 9,109,734,982,389,892,337,498,237
Old 04-04-2005 | 05:07 PM
Pro

Look dude, I said that I THINK swaping emblems looks lame and people agreed with me. I did not say you are lame, maybe just what you do to your car is lame IN MY OPINION. But I do think it is immature on both of our behalfs to keep arguing about this, so can we just agree to drop the whole issue and get along?

Slats
Old 04-04-2005 | 05:16 PM
Top notch 6MT

Look dude, I said that I THINK swaping emblems looks lame and people agreed with me. I did not say you are lame, maybe just what you do to your car is lame IN MY OPINION. But I do think it is immature on both of our behalfs to keep arguing about this, so can we just agree to drop the whole issue and get along?

Slats
I take that this post was meant for cmf as I never got into any argument with you and that I've been just over it.

Though as I recall, you did write and label people as lame, gay, etc. when they post opinions opposing yours. So you started acting immature first and broke the forum rules of no personal attacks. So if you want to drop the whole issue, I believe you owe those you've launched personal attacks due apologies.
Old 04-04-2005 | 05:23 PM
Pro

If I called anyone lame or whatever then I do apologize, I just meant that what they do is lame and ricey IMO. But yeah, I want to drop the whole thing and that last post was meant for cmf.....still waiting his reply....
Old 04-04-2005 | 05:30 PM
Top notch 6MT

If I called anyone lame or whatever then I do apologize, I just meant that what they do is lame and ricey IMO. But yeah, I want to drop the whole thing and that last post was meant for cmf.....still waiting his reply....
He's apparently offline now (see the status dot below his name). Glad you are not being as as earlier (especially in that poll thread).

Forum sites are useful because there are members with info, knowledge, as well as opinions (that are bound to vary from one to another). So

Let see what cmf has to say... just in case that if it turns out you two have some personal scores to settle, do that in PM

Edit: now cmf is back on... haha..
Old 04-04-2005 | 05:34 PM
cmf
ATCer

I have nothing to say. This is the friggin internet, you can say and do what you want. My point is-- With the labeling of gay, lame, and idiots, as you call us on this site, I am one of a few that will not help you with a matter. It's beyond me how you can label an individual, but then ask for help. Not specifically me, but the rest of the idiots, and gay/ lame people as you would call those on Acurazine.
You do what you gotta do, maybe some will overlook it, maybe some won't, but if you are looking for responses from those members out there that provide good info (and there are only a few select ones IMO), I would refrain from labeling people based on what they like and dislike.
Old 04-04-2005 | 05:42 PM
Pro

So are we going to drop this whole this and get along?
Old 04-04-2005 | 05:48 PM
Top notch 6MT

So are we going to drop this whole this and get along?
Sounds to me he plans not to be responding to you no more, including any future post you might make asking for info. Honestly, I don't blame him at all.

I ain't as pissed as he is largely because I think you didn't name-call me directly, so I wasn't personally per se.

I am signing off on this thread now... you asked your Accord question and (luckily) got some useful answers. Mission accomplished.
Old 04-04-2005 | 05:51 PM
Just dial 1911

Old 04-04-2005 | 10:47 PM
Racer

Is every thread Slats gets into gonna turn into a bitch-fest?
Old 04-05-2005 | 08:16 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Shame on your lameness to the point of turning a thread to