Greddy Evo2 vs. Comptech Catback

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 02:34 PM
Luke 1:37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greddy Evo2 vs. Comptech Catback

Alright, so I thought I was done for the season, but after this past meet and my bro basically encouraging me to purchase a new catback, I have opened the door to maybe purchasing one as early as tonight (Gotta have it on for next month's meet ). I recently sat inside Madmax3000 who has the Comptech Catback and it wasn't as loud as everyone was complaining about. Granted it was louder, but not ear bleeding loud like my Hayame (N1 style) Catback on my integra. I don't really want the Comptech, but I am very interested in the Greddy Evo2, so I was wondering if anyone has sat in both a Comptech Catback installed TSX AND a Greddy Evo2 Catback installed TSX. Which one do you think is softer? I heard clips of both and it sounds like the Evo2 has a lower tone, but I can't really determine how the cabin noise is between the two. If anyone has sat in both these setups could you please post your take on the cabin noise level, thanks!
Old 05-17-2005, 02:43 PM
Apex Clipper

I haven't sat in an Evo2 equipped TSX, but man I'm telling you, the Tanabe Hyper Medallion has a deep pur which gets drowned out by an intake...
Old 05-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Instructor

I have the comptech , you wont be disappointed
Old 05-17-2005, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by canyonball
I haven't sat in an Evo2 equipped TSX, but man I'm telling you, the Tanabe Hyper Medallion has a deep pur which gets drowned out by an intake...
I'll have to look into it. Haven't heard any sound clips of it, so I don't want to go out and get it without knowing.

Originally Posted by calitsx
I have the comptech , you wont be disappointed
The Comptech did sound pretty good, but I really like the look of the Evo2 Muffler. I think the 4" tip fits nicely with the OEM Underspoiler Rear Kit.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:36 PM
Got Milk???

In the last SoCal TSX meet, I got to hear Go7Father7's TSX with comptech cat. I'd take the Comptech over the Greedy. To me, Comptech gave a deeper tone at low rpm, then slowly quiets down as you hit higher rpm. Greddy sounded too high-pitched for my taste

-KC
Old 05-17-2005, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by kaikai114
In the last SoCal TSX meet, I got to hear Go7Father7's TSX with comptech cat. I'd take the Comptech over the Greedy. To me, Comptech gave a deeper tone at low rpm, then slowly quiets down as you hit higher rpm. Greddy sounded too high-pitched for my taste

-KC
Were you able to compare right at the meet?

And what about the cabin noise? That's the most important part for me.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:44 PM
Got Milk???

Originally Posted by virtualbong
Were you able to compare right at the meet?

And what about the cabin noise? That's the most important part for me.
i only got to listen to the greddy one through a sound clip. as for cabin noise, comptech should be a lot quieter than the greddy. comptech starts off with a really deep tone, and at freeway speeds, i could barely hear the exhaust. noises coming from the road and tires are louder than the exhaust.

-kc
Old 05-17-2005, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by kaikai114
i only got to listen to the greddy one through a sound clip. as for cabin noise, comptech should be a lot quieter than the greddy. comptech starts off with a really deep tone, and at freeway speeds, i could barely hear the exhaust. noises coming from the road and tires are louder than the exhaust.

-kc
Thanks for the input. I still like the looks of the Greddy Evo2 more and I doubt it would be that much louder if it is even louder. I guess now I need to figure out if I really want to shell out $800+...
Old 05-17-2005, 08:21 PM
no0bIe

Hey quick question, kinda off the topic... Where are the sound clips available at?
Old 05-17-2005, 09:08 PM
2004 NBP/ebony AT

well i had a custom exhaust done by a local muffler shop and i think it sounds great!! espeacially with the cai now. its a nice deep sound from 2k or so till about 4.5k then it quiets down to about stock sound.plus this cost me 200 dollars so im happy
Old 05-17-2005, 09:39 PM
JDM whore in training

hmM interesting thread... met a TL'er this past saturday with Comptech Catback.. nice deep tone ... contemplating on the Tanabe Hyper Medallion for the TSX.. *crosses fingers*... anyone got sound clip on this??.. How about.. Comptech Catback vs. Greddy Evo2 Catback vs. Tanabe Hyper Medallion? Hahah
Old 05-17-2005, 10:24 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,858 Likes on 2,579 Posts
Thanks for the input. I still like the looks of the Greddy Evo2 more and I doubt it would be that much louder if it is even louder. I guess now I need to figure out if I really want to shell out $800+...
hey vbong as of right now I dont have anything planned for tomorrow nights so since you are now considering an exhaust I will do a sound clip from inside the cabin tomorrow night. I personally cant really tell it is there much from inside. I mean it is slightly louder than stock but is to be expected.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:48 PM
Engineer

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
hey vbong as of right now I dont have anything planned for tomorrow nights so since you are now considering an exhaust I will do a sound clip from inside the cabin tomorrow night. I personally cant really tell it is there much from inside. I mean it is slightly louder than stock but is to be expected.
awesome... i would like to hear it too...
Old 05-18-2005, 12:54 AM
Banned

I have the greddy evos and I can't be any happier with the exhaust. Great tone, very muted as far as cabin noise goes. Can't hear it at highway speeds (no drone).

On a sidenote, you can't compare exhaust notes through sound clips since every mic and every setting is different. So the same exhaust can sound different at different times of the day, and different cameras.

I know in the morning when it's cold, and it's my car's 1st start of the day, my exhaust is LOUD. All the other starts after that are normal. So there's always lots of variables, as far as sound goes.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:26 AM

Well, thank you those who have the Evo2 and gave their opinion. From what it sounds, the Evo2 is barely noticeable while driving inside the cabin, which is exactly what I want. And since the Evo2 looks the best IMO, I think I'll probably go with it. Now I need to figure out if I should or shouldn't spend another $800 this summer on my car...
Old 05-18-2005, 09:49 AM

Well, thank you those who have the Evo2 and gave their opinion. From what it sounds, the Evo2 is barely noticeable while driving inside the cabin, which is exactly what I want. And since the Evo2 looks the best IMO, I think I'll probably go with it. Now I need to figure out if I should or shouldn't spend another $800 this summer on my car...
Spend it
Old 05-18-2005, 09:58 AM

Spend it
The more I think about it, the more I want it. But I do have more than normal expenses this summer that I really need to take into account. Plus my long term goal of saving up for my own place in two years is a major factor too. We'll see.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:10 AM

The more I think about it, the more I want it. But I do have more than normal expenses this summer that I really need to take into account. Plus my long term goal of saving up for my own place in two years is a major factor too. We'll see.
you dont need to eat for awhile haha
Old 05-18-2005, 10:32 AM
Apex Clipper

Awwwwwwwwwe what a tease.... LOL j/k
Life is more important than cars I guess... lol
Good luck with the new pad. Or you could just live in the ghetto and have the most pimp'd ride there...
Old 05-18-2005, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Canyonball
Awwwwwwwwwe what a tease.... LOL j/k
Life is more important than cars I guess... lol
Good luck with the new pad. Or you could just live in the ghetto and have the most pimp'd ride there...
Well, the new pad won't happen for a couple years, hence my saving up for the down payment and not spending it on my car, which isn't an investment Its an investment in my eyes though

I still may pick the Evo2 up. I'll make my decision by the end of the week.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:30 PM

you could always get hondata instead if you want something cheaper
Old 05-18-2005, 04:15 PM
My Love & My Life

wilson, brown bag (rice and soy sauce) to work for a couple of weeks or so and it'll balance out your bank statement at the end of the month. in order to be pimped, you need to sacrifice a few certain things. thus, rice and soy sauce ain't so bad and you can always add some eggs to enchance the flavor

now that you want the evo2, you need to get it. otherwise, you'll be tormented by your

Old 05-18-2005, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by JPL530i
wilson, brown bag (rice and soy sauce) to work for a couple of weeks or so and it'll balance out your bank statement at the end of the month. in order to be pimped, you need to sacrifice a few certain things. thus, rice and soy sauce ain't so bad and you can always add some eggs to enchance the flavor

now that you want the evo2, you need to get it. otherwise, you'll be tormented by your

LOL, I don't know if I could survive rice and soy sauce for a month straight I'm not really picky about my food (since I eat a medium turkey sub on wheat every single day for lunch, LOL) but soy sauce and rice...LOL

I'll get the Evo2 when you get some new rims and body kit, LOL
Old 05-18-2005, 06:15 PM

you could always get hondata instead if you want something cheaper
Again, I'm not really in the power mood these days. I'm more into the looks of the car.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:00 PM
My Love & My Life

LOL, I don't know if I could survive rice and soy sauce for a month straight I'm not really picky about my food (since I eat a medium turkey sub on wheat every single day for lunch, LOL) but soy sauce and rice...LOL

I'll get the Evo2 when you get some new rims and body kit, LOL
lol. turkey on wheat everyday? i can't do that.

i want to get the suspension setup, but i can't seem to find time. how 'bout this? drop my car off at your place and have you do it for a friendly wage?
Old 05-18-2005, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by JPL530i
lol. turkey on wheat everyday? i can't do that.

i want to get the suspension setup, but i can't seem to find time. how 'bout this? drop my car off at your place and have you do it for a friendly wage?
That's very tempting, but I have no free time these days. My weekends are booked up with bachelor parties, weddings, Acura meets , etc...

If you do get the suspension, I probably could spare some time to come over and help you out if you need some guidance. At least help you one front and one rear so that you could do the other side on your own.