cmptch, fuji, or evo exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 01:55 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cmptch, fuji, or evo exhaust?

im tryin to decide which exhaust system should i get. i had comptech, fujitsubo or tha greddy evo exhaust in mind but cant decide.... so i need sum help from tha owners of these exhausts. im thinkin about pickin up a used fujitsubo exhaust pretty soon but i juss wanna get an idea of how the other exhaust systems sound like before i get tha fuji. so can u guys help me by telling me which of these exhausts is the most quiet. thnx.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tsx253
im tryin to decide which exhaust system should i get. i had comptech, fujitsubo or tha greddy evo exhaust in mind but cant decide.... so i need sum help from tha owners of these exhausts. im thinkin about pickin up a used fujitsubo exhaust pretty soon but i juss wanna get an idea of how the other exhaust systems sound like before i get tha fuji. so can u guys help me by telling me which of these exhausts is the most quiet. thnx.
A search should help, but I have the Comptech and if you want the most quiet one.... the Comptech one is not for you.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:18 AM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

comptech is great!!!
Old 02-03-2006, 06:52 AM
Luke 1:37

Check out my signature for the exhaust thread for those exact exhausts.

Personally, I am biased to the Greddy Evo2 since I have it, but I truly believe it sounds the best and looks the best. The other two look like stock, which is not what I want in a look. And the sound to me is comparable to a G IMO.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:52 AM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

253... I can't comment on any exhausts personally as I've never heard any of them in person --- however, I've been in the market for a new exhaust too, and based on all the threads I've read, the Tanabe SMH is the "quietest" available. Also, Tanabe just released the Medallion Touring, which is supposed to be even quieter (2db less) than the Super Medallion Hyper.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:07 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dzuy
comptech is great!!!
Oh, I love my Comptech and it is incredible (fit, quality, etc), but it isn't exactly quiet.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:22 AM
ABP TSX

A search would have helped you more than opening a new thread.

As mentioned already, you will probably not find a "quiet" exhaust. IMO, the Tanabe MT would probably be the quietest in the bunch of what is available right now.

However, I hope you are under the F&F impression that an exhaust will give you a lot of power. Unless you are prepared to do several other mods, even some that are arguably "loud", the OEM exhaust IS NOT going to be restrictive enough to make much of a difference power wise.

IMO, until you get some other intake, some other header, and some other high flow cat, then an aftermarket exhaust is not going to do much other than for aesthetics, longevity, and some increased noise.

Another thing to keep in mind is that most exhausts do not clear the Comptech RSB. So if you are planning on changing out the RSB keep that in mind.

I have the Comptech exhaust myself.

Do a search on the specific brands you listed and find numerous threads on the subject.

Hint
The search will work on header, intake, and the cat as well if you are interested in replacing those in the future or now.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Drives With Hands

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
virtualbong beat me to the video.

Just watch that, it's a great comparison. The ABP with the Fuji is mine btw, so if you have any questions about it just ask. Aside from the Tanabe SHM Touring it is probably the quietest exhaust you will find.

Edit: I have a video of my car on a dyno too but I don't have it hosted anymore. If you're interested I can get it to you though. It's about 14mb.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Luke 1:37

Originally Posted by rmpage

Just watch that, it's a great comparison. The ABP with the Fuji is mine btw, so if you have any questions about it just ask. Aside from the Tanabe SHM Touring it is probably the quietest exhaust you will find.

Edit: I have a video of my car on a dyno too but I don't have it hosted anymore. If you're interested I can get it to you though. It's about 14mb.
Ry, where have you been man?!?!? Save April 23rd for the Mass. meet at Hopkinton again.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:30 AM
Advanced

the exhaust only adds alittle but if you have Comptech S/c would ith add alot more?
Old 02-03-2006, 10:38 AM
ABP TSX

Originally Posted by acuratsxms
but if you have Comptech S/c would ith add alot more?
what is your definition of a lot?
Old 02-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by amadeus303
253... I can't comment on any exhausts personally as I've never heard any of them in person --- however, I've been in the market for a new exhaust too, and based on all the threads I've read, the Tanabe SMH is the "quietest" available. Also, Tanabe just released the Medallion Touring, which is supposed to be even quieter (2db less) than the Super Medallion Hyper.
If you're looking for a quiet exhaust you should really consider the Tanabe Medallion Touring. Using the all new 'continuous strand' ADVANTEX packing material technology, the MEDALION TOURING exhaust acheives extremely high levels of exhaust system efficiency, while maintaining a street driveable, extremely low frequency and deep tone that is well under 93db for discreet sports driving.

That info is from Tanabe's site and check this link out for more info on it: http://www.tanabe-usa.com/exhausts/medaliontouring.asp

Many of the TSX guys were interested in these exhausts b/c of the reduced sound. I sold one of these to a member but I'm waiting for him to post up sound clips and actual pics of the mufflers.

Comptech, as always, is a very high quality product, along with Greddy and the Tanabe SMH. However, they will be louder. PM me for prices on any of them.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:33 AM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by moda_way
Oh, I love my Comptech and it is incredible (fit, quality, etc), but it isn't exactly quiet.
who needs quiet.

if you want quiet, you shouldn't be looking for an exhuast.

:troutslap
Old 02-03-2006, 11:42 AM
10th Gear

thnx for tha info guys. ima go do a search on these exhausts and figure what i want. u guys have been very helpful, im fairly new to this site and i thank u guys for helping a newbie like me hahaha.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by tsx253
thnx for tha info guys. ima go do a search on these exhausts and figure what i want. u guys have been very helpful, im fairly new to this site and i thank u guys for helping a newbie like me hahaha.
Here is a link that helps with your search.

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/sold-fs-tanabe-super-medalion-hyper-catback-tsx-330819/
Old 02-03-2006, 12:07 PM
ABP TSX

Originally Posted by JTso
Here is a link that helps with your search.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330819
Old 02-03-2006, 12:25 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dang that Tanabe Medalion Touring looks pretty good.
I wonder how loud 93 DB is.
What do you guys think is the DB rating on some of the other exhaust already out?

Comptech
Fujitsobo
Tanabe Hyper Medalion
Greddy

Also check out the sound clips:
http://www.tanabe-usa.com/soundclips.asp
Old 02-03-2006, 01:39 PM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Wow... the GReddy sounds like a really nice, deep growl without being obnoxious. That vid was great because you know all of the sound was due to the cat back since there's no intake installed... most of the time, you can't get a good feel for the exhaust because the intake is always drowning it out.

I had the Tanabes at the front of my list --- had a few quick questions on the Greddy if any owners could chime in...

1) Does the Evo2 have a more polished look? Most of the pics I've seen of it seem to show a more matte finish. I prefer a more polished look to complement the chrome accents on the car.

2) How noticeable is last weld? I know it may seem anal, but I don't like the discoloration --- it just sticks out to me a little bit more because of the size of the piping. The thing I like about the Tanabes is that you can't really see any of the welds, so it almost looks "seamless".
Old 02-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Drives With Hands

Originally Posted by virtualbong
Ry, where have you been man?!?!? Save April 23rd for the Mass. meet at Hopkinton again.
Sweet, HSP again! I've been around here posting as usual...mostly in this sub-forum.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:00 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rmpage

Put your video (the 14mb one) on Google videos and then post the link.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:49 PM
Drives With Hands

I put it back on my own webspace. Just make sure to download first as streaming it will result in bandwidth rapeage.

RIGHT CLICK -> SAVE TARGET AS